Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 1st February 2011, 11:07   #31
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: My Tuscan Wine Fiat Punto

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
The paint quality is just awesome... Welcome to the FIAT family
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiat&Me View Post
Congrates Harshalfor Punto MJD in TW.
I think the Tuscan wine FIATs are raining on tbhp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
hey dude congratulations on your new italion beauty, looks awesome in this shade.Paint quality is top notch. Aspi is much much better dealer then cargo and bacha.Looking forward to meet fellow ahmedabad members in next meet for sure.Enjoy your ride and keep updating.
Thanks all you guys. The paint quality is surely top notch. The car is now 600 kms on the ODO. Got the films installed yesterday. total damage to pocket

1. Sunfilms : 2500
2. Teflon Coating : 1850

The Punto had its second refill yesterday. I didnt check the trip meter reading for mileage but instead decided to stick to normal calculation. it served us 575 kms in 38 ltrs. So that works out at 15.13 kmpl. which according to me is not bad initially and as i have read across, this will increase as the engine sets in.

Enjoy pics :

Work in progress
My Tuscan Wine Fiat Punto-1.jpg

My Tuscan Wine Fiat Punto-2.jpg

No Stock lighter :
My Tuscan Wine Fiat Punto-3.jpg

No Ash tray:
My Tuscan Wine Fiat Punto-4.jpg

600 kms:
My Tuscan Wine Fiat Punto-5.jpg

Night Shot of music system:
My Tuscan Wine Fiat Punto-6.jpg

Some random pics of the beauty after i gifted her new shades to keep up with the heat in Ahmedabad and keep us cool inside.

My Tuscan Wine Fiat Punto-7.jpg
My Tuscan Wine Fiat Punto-8.jpg
My Tuscan Wine Fiat Punto-9.jpg
My Tuscan Wine Fiat Punto-10.jpg
My Tuscan Wine Fiat Punto-11.jpg
My Tuscan Wine Fiat Punto-12.jpg

Hope you guys enjoyed the pics!!

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 1st February 2011 at 11:09.
Old 1st February 2011, 12:09   #32
AVR
BHPian

Harshal,

Are these legal tints?
They look pretty dark. I just love this shade man. (repeat!)

Adi
Old 1st February 2011, 12:20   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR View Post
Harshal,

Are these legal tints?
They look pretty dark. I just love this shade man. (repeat!)

Adi
Hey,

I checked thrice before getting them ON. I was told they are legal. If you look closely, you can c the interiors pretty clearly. When we meet today, you can check it yourself from inside too
Old 1st February 2011, 13:08   #34
AVR
BHPian

Sure looking forward to seeing it tonight.

Does the teflon coating prevent minor scratches? or it just keeps the lustre for longer?
Old 1st February 2011, 13:32   #35
Senior - BHPian

Hello People,

Had a small query. I was just reading GTO's Initial report on Punto and noticed the Music system had Blaupunkt mentioned on it and mine doesnt have any make mentioned.

Is there a reason for me to worry? please see images below

From GTO's review:
Name:  Fiat_Grande_Punto_Interior_DSC02485_th.jpg
Views: 2682
Size:  22.5 KB

From my car:
Name:  oem system.JPG
Views: 2476
Size:  51.8 KB

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 1st February 2011 at 13:34.
Old 1st February 2011, 16:21   #36
BHPian

Hi H@r$h@l,

Congratulations once again on the excellent choice and wish you many happy miles and smiles ahead. The Tuscan wine colour is like the icing on the cake and now with the shades on....Ooh La La. I am dying to see her in person tonight.

Yr query as regards the Blaupunkt imprint on the head unit is causing butterflies in my tummy. Now I am not too sure if this imprint was on earlier models and may have been discontinued recently (havent paid attention to it when I test drove the T Jet last week) but my 1.5 yr old Linea has it.

I fully agree with you on the response doled out by Cargo Motors to new or prospective customers. However my experience with them from the *** point of view has been quite the opposite. Large helpings of courtesy, assistance and promptness with a generous topping of proffessionalism in their attitude is what one could expect. I cant comment on ASPI because I have never interacted with them.
Old 1st February 2011, 18:37   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

@Harshal,
No need to worry.
fellow Bhpian MCR has a 2009 model Punto and Blaupunkt is imprinted.
One more of my colleague has 2010 february Punto and he has this imprint.
Mine is an Aug 2010 punto and I do not have the imprint
2010 march onwards this printing is stopped AFAIK

They are Blaupunkt HUs for sure
Old 1st February 2011, 19:13   #38
Senior - BHPian

^^ My parents' June 2010 E+ has the Blaupunkt logo. I remember reading this on one of the other Punto / Linea threads as well. Some cars have the Logo & some don't, but the HU is the same. There is nothing to worry about.
Attached Images

Last edited by fiat_tarun : 1st February 2011 at 19:19.
Old 1st February 2011, 22:18   #39
BHPian

@harshal:
Congrats on owning this beautifully crafted gem of a car. Enjoy the Italian supermodel fully. I am a proud owner of the Punto too. I have recently installed an ICE system with awesomely sounding JBL components up front and JBL co axials in the rear. The component front speaker sets has cost me 6000/- a pair along with tweeters and necessary elements. And the rear coaxials from JBL has costed me 3000/- a pair. I have plugged them all to a JBL GTX-333 system. All together it sounds awesome.
Anyways, enjoy your beauty, and keep reporting and keep pampering our eyes with drool pics of the car.
Old 2nd February 2011, 00:48   #40
BHPian

Welcome to Fiat family, Tuscan wine is an awesome shade indeed. I have the same one. :-)
BTW, string in the boot for fuel lid is a discovery for me as well!
Old 2nd February 2011, 01:13   #41
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Thanks a lot for all the wishes. I checked. Just met a fellow bhpian and his punto had blaupunkt on it.

The JBL upgrade seems like a necessity and I want to get it done in priority. All this time I had read a lot on interior quality of the punto, but honestly speaking I find it all OK. Everything seems to be in place and properly fitted or connected. The quality of plastics / switches could have been better; but come on, no car is 100% perfect.

These are the problems you can very well live with.

I am sorry for not quoting each reply as I am using tbhp mobile and I don't think I can multi quote here. I shall update the thread tomorrow with a few pics of the beauty accompanied by a beast.

Cheers!!
Old 2nd February 2011, 11:42   #42
Senior - BHPian

Now after driving the punto around town and on highways i have made a few observations.

1. Its surely a head turner. where ever it has gone, it has attracted attention. be it the color or the gorgeous design. Its fantastic.

2. The Blue and me has come bugs that i have come across; I have paired my BB8520 and it works fine. But when I get a call sometimes it displays the callers full name and at times only the callers number. when i browse through the phone book all contacts are there.

3. The settings option in the B&M works as it wants. at times when i hit the CALL button and scroll up and down, i see settings option there and at times its not there. But when i press the B&M button and say "SETTINGS' its there.

Met up with a few bhpians last night for a cutting chai and it was good to see all.

Also, yesterday at the club, the beauty met a beast. enjoy the pics.
My Tuscan Wine Fiat Punto-img00107201102011721.jpg

My Tuscan Wine Fiat Punto-img00104201102011720.jpg

My Tuscan Wine Fiat Punto-img00103201102011719.jpg
Old 2nd February 2011, 17:01   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
3. The settings option in the B&M works as it wants. at times when i hit the CALL button and scroll up and down, i see settings option there and at times its not there. But when i press the B&M button and say "SETTINGS' its there.
You cannot do settings while driving the car. That is a safety feature and may be the reason why you don't see it sometimes. I suggest you to read Blue & Me Manual for complete instructions.

You can also see the Iron metal sheet in boot behind rear seat. It is also a rare feature, as many hatches doesn't have it. It protects you when some body rear ends hard into your car and there are some sharp objects in boot and.
Old 2nd February 2011, 17:36   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach View Post
You cannot do settings while driving the car. That is a safety feature and may be the reason why you don't see it sometimes. I suggest you to read Blue & Me Manual for complete instructions.

You can also see the Iron metal sheet in boot behind rear seat. It is also a rare feature, as many hatches doesn't have it. It protects you when some body rear ends hard into your car and there are some sharp objects in boot and.
If "SETTINGS" is a safety feature; either it should appear or not appear while we are driving the car. It pops up sometimes and sometimes it doesn't. On the other hand it works over Voice commands. What i am trying to say here is, its not in any order. Not that it bothers me a lot. I noticed it so i made a mention here. I agree with you that it may be a safety feature but not executed properly / completely.

The iron metal sheet behind rear seat is quiet rare and impressive.
Old 2nd February 2011, 17:48   #45
Senior - BHPian

^^ Try upgrading Blue & Me to 5.5. Not sure about the settings part, but the numbers not being recognized should be taken care of. The update can be downloaded from the Fiat UK website and the detailed instruction are also mentioned there.
Closed Thread