Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2012, 11:49   #166
BHPian
 
mandheers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 292
Thanked: 164 Times
Default Re: Mitsubishi Cedia Sports- the Red Beast!

Update on FE and drive: The 20 litres lasted lesser, with the light coming on at 156kms.

To make the figure look worse, I drove about 70kms of the 156 yesterday on near empty Mumbai suburbs and town, owing to Holi, the rest was usual Mumbai drive time traffic.

The RPM behaves rather strange, on occassion it jumps ahead of continues to climb even after I have depressed the accelerator, while for e.g. changing a gear or rolling a bit in neutral.

On the exit slope of the Bandra Worli Sealink yesterday, I let the car roll in neutral and took my foot off the acceleratr pedal, since the slope easily takes one all the way to the toll exit, it is quite a distance too, and I was surprised to see the RPM needle still fluctuating, bobbing between 1 and 2k.

It should stay at idle RPM or slightly above, right? The damn tires wont turn the engine now will they?

I was doing about 50 then.

Oh, and on the 50, I cant do "50 in 5th at about 1100 RPM" anymore; it happens a notch or two above.

No clue what they did earlier, and none whatsoever as to why they tampered with something again, I has requested Mr. Lava Kumar to not touch the tuning or related since the figure of 205 popped up with him on board the last time.

The HM regional head, Vijay had called me Monday for my feedback, and I told him I will drive and report, had mentioned the RPM to him and he said Mr. Lava Kumar did a thorough go-over on all persisting matters, including the FE issue.

I called Vijay today and told him about the drop yet again in FE, and he will take the car again for check.

Have asked him to do whatever next week. (this smiley doesn't help, really)

No comments on brakes, I have probably gotten used to them, but yes, they still require the 'depress-press' pumping on occasion.

No comments on noises and creaks, they continue to emanate from the left door, glove box, DVD headunit areas. Additional ones are the seat belt, rear left speaker, and one loud squeal from under the car when I alight, the clutch and steering make squishy sounds too, the clutch pedal has developed a slight loose rattle. So the only noise gone is the big rattle from behind the speedometer area.

OT: I intend to change my signature here.
mandheers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2012, 14:58   #167
Senior - BHPian
 
sandeepmohan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Wellington
Posts: 1,938
Thanked: 1,616 Times
Default Re: Mitsubishi Cedia Sports- the Red Beast!

I had the very same problem once when I used to drive a Ford Ikon 1.6.I wish I had asked them in more detail as to what caused the problem.It took them a few days to rectify it. This problem did not really trouble fuel efficiency but it was annoying. I can only suspect a faulty fuel air sensor. When Ford did manage to rectify it, they charged me about Rs.2500 but the cost was just for labor.Something was hidden in the cost.Some part.I remember seeing the car with the entire fuel rail assembly dismantled.Sometimes, a loose power line for the fuel injectors is enough to cause this.
sandeepmohan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2012, 21:05   #168
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: delhi
Posts: 707
Thanked: 89 Times
Default Re: Mitsubishi Cedia Sports- the Red Beast!

Mandheer, reading about your trouble really saddens me.
I think that the repeated attempts at fixing your car has left parts loose.
The braking issue should be the one that worries you the most. The brakes on the cedia are top notch and every owner will back me up here.
Why don't you drive another vehicle at the service center and compare?
That should make matters clearer.

You should also set some sort of deadline failing which you should take this matter further. I'm sure you have enough paper work highlighting the repetitive nature of the problems in your car.
If they can't fix it, force them to replace it.

Last edited by sukrit7 : 9th March 2012 at 21:06.
sukrit7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2012, 16:39   #169
BHPian
 
mandheers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 292
Thanked: 164 Times
Default Re: Mitsubishi Cedia Sports- the Red Beast!

Update on FE: Had filled 10 litres and it lasted 101 kms.

Now I dont know how to put it, and how did that figure come again.

I filled up at my usual next door pump and even pointed out to them rather sternly, but their measure test was in place. This is the Lotus pterol pump in Andheri West.

All the more a concern since out of the last run of 156kms in 20 litres, I did about 70 kms on the day of Holi on near empty Mumbai roads.

The drive is the same, I do not enjoy the car on rough/broken roads. There is just no composure here.

It glides effortlessly on smooth roads and takes the gradients and slight slopes on the well, rather wades through it, like the swimming feeling I described in my first post.

But my morning drive through Aarey is a big rattle, from the front to the sides to the rear, inside out.

The tires tramline and are not as grippy on bad uneven patches and the suspension doesnt help either, with the front two tires and the rear right showing some uniformity in going over bumps, but the rear left just thuds and bounces around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
Mandheer, reading about your trouble really saddens me.
I think that the repeated attempts at fixing your car has left parts loose.
The braking issue should be the one that worries you the most. The brakes on the cedia are top notch and every owner will back me up here.
Why don't you drive another vehicle at the service center and compare?
That should make matters clearer.

You should also set some sort of deadline failing which you should take this matter further. I'm sure you have enough paper work highlighting the repetitive nature of the problems in your car.
If they can't fix it, force them to replace it.
Agree with you sukrit7, the braking is a big issue, my 4 year old Hyundai Accent brakes better and stops dead in it's tracks, every time.

Even this last weekend while reversing into a parking spot the brakes just kept going inwards on pressing, I was riled up and this one time I did not 'depress and press' rather I just kept pushing it in, watching in the rear cam as the huge potted plant and the wall kept inching closer, and then too I just kept pressing; the whole @#$% pedal went inwards to the floor and I had to push really hard further to get this mass of metal to stop with a jerk.

I am tired of even writing and complaining. Will show the car at Red Rooster here and let's have another opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
I had the very same problem once when I used to drive a Ford Ikon 1.6.I wish I had asked them in more detail as to what caused the problem.It took them a few days to rectify it. This problem did not really trouble fuel efficiency but it was annoying. I can only suspect a faulty fuel air sensor. When Ford did manage to rectify it, they charged me about Rs.2500 but the cost was just for labor.Something was hidden in the cost.Some part.I remember seeing the car with the entire fuel rail assembly dismantled.Sometimes, a loose power line for the fuel injectors is enough to cause this.
Thanks sandeepmohan!
mandheers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2012, 12:17   #170
Senior - BHPian
 
S_U_N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,781
Thanked: 380 Times
Default Re: Mitsubishi Cedia Sports- the Red Beast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
Update on FE: Had filled 10 litres and it lasted 101 kms.

Now I dont know how to put it, and how did that figure come again.
I assume you are saying that FE is inconsistent - this time you got 10 kmpl which is not great, but not bad either.

I would suggest tankful-to-tankful measurement, unless you know for sure that the low fuel light indicator indicates precisely same quantity of remaining fuel inside the tank.

Quote:
I am tired of even writing and complaining. Will show the car at Red Rooster here and let's have another opinion.
I think that is a good idea. A second opinion could really bring in a fresh perspective.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2012, 00:13   #171
BHPian
 
mandheers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 292
Thanked: 164 Times
Default Re: Mitsubishi Cedia Sports- the Red Beast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
I assume you are saying that FE is inconsistent - this time you got 10 kmpl which is not great, but not bad either.

I would suggest tankful-to-tankful measurement, unless you know for sure that the low fuel light indicator indicates precisely same quantity of remaining fuel inside the tank.


I think that is a good idea. A second opinion could really bring in a fresh perspective.
Yes, inconsistent is the word.

After a year and almost 17k kms of ownership the car coughed up around 10kmpl.

I will not be updating this thread as often since looking back it's all rants and complains ad nauseam.

Even if I take the HM team's word then my issues should be standard on every Cedia.

I find my car a pretty average drive, no great shakes, definitely not worth 11 lacs on Indian roads.

Add to it I see more Ventos, Citys and even Sunnys on roads now, and all are cheaper on road; and all I feel is should've listened to the head and got a Civic instead. (yes, I know even they have issues and problems)

But this is turning an already bad ownership experience into a terrible one.

I drive like a looney nowadays, without music, straining my ears for any extra noise or rattle.

Two cropped up today too.

The one I heard this morning was from the right seat belt pillar or door, when going over uneven roads there is a cyclic knock-knock, the kinds an unbuckled seatbelt would make, heard tonight too, am sure it's here to stay.

The steering made a krrrk noise when I turned left, and also when after turning right I rotate the steering back towards left to come out straight.

There is a third, which is a loud squeal as I alight and the car rocks from side to side a bit, it comes from under the car, maybe the exhaust brackets etc., a wash might fix that though.

So there you go on the noises and rattles. Rally pedigree goes out the window with the first actually. What's a car not-well-put-together do on a rally circuit? I am technically challenged, but mine doesn't.

Another bit this morning- on the way to work a white Scorpio (HR 26) shod with all possible Team BHP stickers flashed past me on the Western Express Highway.

I was in 4th then and I had not pushed the car since January, so I pressed on the accelerator, to catch up and wave, but the response was rather dull.

Ok, I let it pass, and thought maybe I had been working gears differently past few months, staying low below 2k etc.

Caught a break post lunch and took off for a half hour. The Eastern Express Highway is behind my office so went and just drove, didn't push, just drove about 37 kms on the EEH and the Airoli Bridge and back.

My observation was that the accelerator pedal's travel is now shorter, so once I have pushed it to a decent depth I have to wait longer for the speed to climb.

Was different earlier, anyways, max I pushed was a little over 120, but it took longer to get there. Maybe also since I worked up easy in 1st and 2nd, staying well below 2k rpm, and then pushed in 3rd.

Brakes were ok at high speeds, slightly firmer feedback from the pedal too.

Just my observation. Earlier I dont remember having to drop a gear to push speed, unless I was in 5th, or really at slow speed and low rpm in 4th.

So you see, I feel I am on a fault-finding spree with the car and it is stressful driving something I bought to drive and seeing it drive the way it does.

Maybe I am expecting much of this car and it has it's limitations.

Someone from Team-BHP should TD my car and tell me what do I do, yes will plan a trip to Red Rooster next weekend; this one's a working weekend.
mandheers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2012, 01:20   #172
Senior - BHPian
 
shuvc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 2,895
Thanked: 283 Times
Default Re: Mitsubishi Cedia Sports- the Red Beast!

Must admit that I have not read through all the posts in detail. Glancing over the last couple of pages .. I was wondering that since most aspects of FE concern have been considered, would it also be worthwhile checking the fuel meter? Hope that is not faulty?

Instead of your 20L fills, I'd recommend getting a tankful. Drive 100kms. Tank up again. Drive another 100. Tank up again. Keep repeating for a few cycles and see.

The RPM fluctuation. Maybe check the Idle Control Valve. Just a wild guess.

Last edited by shuvc : 16th March 2012 at 01:29.
shuvc is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 12:33   #173
BHPian
 
mandheers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 292
Thanked: 164 Times
Default Re: Mitsubishi Cedia Sports- the Red Beast!

The Air Conditioning conked off this Saturday, in the sweltering afternoon that too.

I am a bit numb to this now, the Aquest team called and expressed concern, tendered their apologies etc.

They have taken the car again today, and it is a big joke around the office now.

Mine is the only Cedia in the building and goes for some repair or the other, or to put it this way- has some issue or the other crop up every couple of months.

The friends and colleagues around see a Mitsubishi ASC tshirt guy waiting at the reception and they know Mandheer's 'new' car is going again.

Even the guards at the building know where to guide the pickup guy, and while on that- the poor chap from the ASC himself said today that this is too much for an year old car.

Well, I don't even want to go to the ASC, not even inclined since I will boil over. Have told them to let me know whether it is a minor issue or a major one.

My wife too laughed at me- some Red Beast she says, and we spent the weekend driving around in her trusted Accent. She touched wood and said her Air Conditioning has not given a complaint in 4 years of ownership, and she said again- just sell the damn thing.

I have asked the regional HM person, Mr Vijay Mahantesh to let me know about company policies for such errant units, and I feel like writing to HM again, but it is just too stressful when I start composing that email to them.

Dont know cant say; my response to the wife asking me- all this in just a year of ownership, what later?

To add injury to insult, the Autos are on strike today in Mumbai and I showed up at work drenched in sweat.
mandheers is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 13:57   #174
BHPian
 
Pancham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 844
Thanked: 127 Times
Default Re: Mitsubishi Cedia Sports- the Red Beast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
The Air Conditioning conked off this Saturday,

They have taken the car again today, and it is a big joke around the office now.
This is really sad. I just read somewhere about the reliability of Japanese cars(read Cedia). I read almost the whole thread. Trust me it is really sad to see what you have gone through. I recommend(and I second your wife) SELL IT before it gets out of hand.
Pancham is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 14:17   #175
BHPian
 
mandheers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 292
Thanked: 164 Times
Default Re: Mitsubishi Cedia Sports- the Red Beast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
This is really sad. I just read somewhere about the reliability of Japanese cars(read Cedia). I read almost the whole thread. Trust me it is really sad to see what you have gone through. I recommend(and I second your wife) SELL IT before it gets out of hand.
Yes, sell it is the verdict.

But, 1: I wouldnt want my troubles to be passed over to another, and its not in me to not tell the other guy the truth. And 2: I bought this car well knowing it's 'depreciation monster' status, and hoped to enjoy driving it 4-5 years before selling it, selling it now is like a big dent which I will have to bear, and for no fault of mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
The Air Conditioning conked off this Saturday, in the sweltering afternoon that too.

I am a bit numb to this now, the Aquest team called and expressed concern, tendered their apologies etc.

They have taken the car again today, and it is a big joke around the office now.

Mine is the only Cedia in the building and goes for some repair or the other, or to put it this way- has some issue or the other crop up every couple of months.

The friends and colleagues around see a Mitsubishi ASC tshirt guy waiting at the reception and they know Mandheer's 'new' car is going again.

Even the guards at the building know where to guide the pickup guy, and while on that- the poor chap from the ASC himself said today that this is too much for an year old car.

Well, I don't even want to go to the ASC, not even inclined since I will boil over. Have told them to let me know whether it is a minor issue or a major one.

My wife too laughed at me- some Red Beast she says, and we spent the weekend driving around in her trusted Accent. She touched wood and said her Air Conditioning has not given a complaint in 4 years of ownership, and she said again- just sell the damn thing.

I have asked the regional HM person, Mr Vijay Mahantesh to let me know about company policies for such errant units, and I feel like writing to HM again, but it is just too stressful when I start composing that email to them.

Dont know cant say; my response to the wife asking me- all this in just a year of ownership, what later?

To add injury to insult, the Autos are on strike today in Mumbai and I showed up at work drenched in sweat.
Update on the AC: the Aquest guys called and some AC pipe has leaked. The gas will need refill and the pipe costs INR 8500/- and no that is not covered under warranty; and according to the guy; a certain Santosh- such pipes fail and hence not covered under warranty.

Really?! Such 8500/- rupees worth pipes fail usually?
mandheers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 14:28   #176
BHPian
 
Pancham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 844
Thanked: 127 Times
Default Re: Mitsubishi Cedia Sports- the Red Beast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
Yes, sell it is the verdict.

But, 1: I wouldnt want my troubles to be passed over to another, and its not in me to not tell the other guy the truth. And 2: I bought this car well knowing it's 'depreciation monster' status, and hoped to enjoy driving it 4-5 years before selling it, selling it now is like a big dent which I will have to bear, and for no fault of mine.
Atleast list your car in the classifieds. Do some research and understand what genuine buyers are willing to pay. For car enthusiasts "car" is indeed a headache when it comes to visiting the ASC every second week.
Pancham is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 14:45   #177
BHPian
 
vishaltanksale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 153
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: Mitsubishi Cedia Sports- the Red Beast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
I have asked the regional HM person, Mr Vijay Mahantesh to let me know about company policies for such errant units, and I feel like writing to HM again, but it is just too stressful when I start composing that email to them.
I would say escalate this to corporate customer care Mitisubishi. Let me know if you need any help with their contact details.
vishaltanksale is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 15:06   #178
Senior - BHPian
 
S_U_N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,781
Thanked: 380 Times
Default Re: Mitsubishi Cedia Sports- the Red Beast!

@Mandheer: You may want to call Mars India at Congress House near Opera House. They sell HM/ GM parts and might have this pipe (at much lower price). Number: 022-23889927.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 15:10   #179
BHPian
 
mandheers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 292
Thanked: 164 Times
Default Re: Mitsubishi Cedia Sports- the Red Beast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Atleast list your car in the classifieds. Do some research and understand what genuine buyers are willing to pay. For car enthusiasts "car" is indeed a headache when it comes to visiting the ASC every second week.
Yes, I am planning to do that.

Checked with my bank and a foreclosure will amount to about 7.2 lacs odd.

Basically I will lose the down payment of 2.8-3 lacs odd even if I manage to sell the car for around the foreclosure figure.

I don't mind trips to the ASC, but for things I would want done on my car, not for tending to teething troubles that the car gives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishaltanksale View Post
I would say escalate this to corporate customer care Mitisubishi. Let me know if you need any help with their contact details.
Thanks Vishaltanksale, have already done that, written to customer support and Mr. Wada.

The Aquest guys are trying to get the replacement done under warranty, but await HM approval.

It is some coupling which is the problem, can be repaired but avoidable says the ASC, hence replacement is better and I myself don't want repairs, neither am I willing to cough up that obscene amount for a 'pipe'.
mandheers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2012, 15:15   #180
BHPian
 
Pancham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 844
Thanked: 127 Times
Default Re: Mitsubishi Cedia Sports- the Red Beast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
Yes, I am planning to do that.

Checked with my bank and a foreclosure will amount to about 7.2 lacs odd.

Basically I will lose the down payment of 2.8-3 lacs odd even if I manage to sell the car for around the foreclosure figure.

I don't mind trips to the ASC, but for things I would want done on my car, not for tending to teething troubles that the car gives.
That is not going to be easy on your pocket though. Even I dont mind visiting the ASC but when your car is new new new and it goes on having niggling issues I dont think it is a very nice feeling.
Pancham is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mitsubishi Cedia Sports 11500 km(7 months) report reignofchaos Long-Term Ownership Reviews 98 8th May 2016 22:41
Cedia Spirit relaunched as cedia sports basic at Rs. 9,30,000 sidindica The Indian Car Scene 42 4th August 2010 00:16
Belle Beast! It had to be different & it had to be CEDIA Sports Yellow Path_Finder Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 61 4th November 2008 21:17
Mitsubishi Cedia Sports 2500km report reignofchaos Long-Term Ownership Reviews 235 10th October 2007 14:31


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:21.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks