Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 17th April 2012, 11:27   #181
BHPian

Default Re: Mitsubishi Cedia Sports- the Red Beast!

I wonder if in such cases, reaching out to the top guys at HM will help you replace your car with a new cedia, even if you take a depreciation hit.

Since the service history convincingly proves the car was defective from the begining, could this option be explored?

That, or dispose it off since its giving you no joy. Treat it as a bad loan.

Last edited by WindRide : 17th April 2012 at 11:43.
WindRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2012, 11:28   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
That is not going to be easy on your pocket though. Even I dont mind visiting the ASC but when your car is new new new and it goes on having niggling issues I dont think it is a very nice feeling.
You are right Pancham, 3L is no small amount for a hit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindRide View Post
I wonder if in such cases, reaching out to the top guys at HM will help you replace your car with a new cedia, even if you take a depreciation hit.

Since the service history convincingly proves the car was defective from the begining, could this option be explored?

That, or dispose it off since its giving you no joy. Treat it as a bad loan.
Hi WindRide, I have been writing to the guys at HM and although they have been very helpful; and I always say that their service and support is topnotch, unlike those of even biggies like Honda, but it is alarming when they respond with "We thank you for your feedback. Kindly bear with us."

That is incomprehensible as a response to a complaint of repetitive issues, even if they are one off, but I have had a bit too many.

I could write them off as one off cases, the fuel pump, the rear suspension, the mileage, the brakes, the engine issue, the rattles, the steering column, the AC, but within a short span of a year it all makes up for a bad experience.

There has been no response from them to my query of "what is company policy of recall for such errant units."

Cant treat it as a bad loan just yet, financial issues dont permit me the luxury, atleast this financial year!

Update on the AC: the said coupling and pipe has been replaced and they got a special sanction to do it under warranty from HM.

I was charged 280/- for some compressor oil which had leaked, top-up only.

The car is back, and the journey continues!

OT: Aquest in Mumbai is shutting their Chandivali facility and moving base to the Kalina one. The Kalina ASC is making way for expansion owing to requirements on the new Pajero Sports. All Chandivali staff moved to Kalina too.

Last edited by mandheers : 18th April 2012 at 11:29.
mandheers is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2012, 12:31   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
OT: Aquest in Mumbai is shutting their Chandivali facility and moving base to the Kalina one. The Kalina ASC is making way for expansion owing to requirements on the new Pajero Sports. All Chandivali staff moved to Kalina too.
This is not good news for me. It was 15 mins drive from my office in Powai.
Any idea when are they planning to shift?
vishaltanksale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2012, 12:36   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishaltanksale View Post
This is not good news for me. It was 15 mins drive from my office in Powai.
Any idea when are they planning to shift?
Hi Vishal, they shut the facility operations last week, moved the under-repairs over weekend and the staff moved to join Kalina this Monday.

The contact numbers however remain the same.

As for good news or not, ditto for me too, my office is in Vikroli, just behind Powai.
mandheers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2012, 12:47   #185
BHPian

Quote:
As for good news or not, ditto for me too, my office is in Vikroli, just behind Powai.
Definitly bad news for me.
I was anyways struggling with their after sales support for last 2 years with GN motors and Metro / Motordrome / Aquest.

I think its time for me to say bye-bye to my 4+ year old Cedia thanks to very limited ASC from HM-Mitsubishi.
vishaltanksale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2012, 14:12   #186
Senior - BHPian

Sir, when I went for my car's service on Monday, I had a word with couple of people regarding your vehicle and the issues you have faced. There was no doubt that the specific vehicle has issues which are not usual in cedia. For that matter, I was told that Asian motors has never replaced steering column, neither under warranty nor when the car's waranty is over. Cars with over 1.5lac kms have not had any steering column issues.

For the AC discharge pipe, I was told that the pipe is covered under warranty until the car had run overheated. They have not done any special sanction, it is under warranty, and should be replaced.

When I told them that someone from Chennai visited Mumbai to check your vehicle, I was told that he must be Mr Lava kumar. I checked and confirmed that and I was told that he is a very genuine guy and authority to be contacted in case of issues that ASC faces difficulty in sorting. You might consider talking to Mr Lava Kumar again, I have been told all good things about the gentleman.

I hope you get to some kind of negotiation on either replacing the vehicle or getting your money back. If nothing works out, I believe legal action should be taken, afterall its your hard earned money and your precious time.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 18th April 2012 at 14:13.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2012, 16:58   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Sir, when I went for my car's service on Monday, I had a word with couple of people regarding your vehicle and the issues you have faced. There was no doubt that the specific vehicle has issues which are not usual in cedia. For that matter, I was told that Asian motors has never replaced steering column, neither under warranty nor when the car's waranty is over. Cars with over 1.5lac kms have not had any steering column issues.

For the AC discharge pipe, I was told that the pipe is covered under warranty until the car had run overheated. They have not done any special sanction, it is under warranty, and should be replaced.

When I told them that someone from Chennai visited Mumbai to check your vehicle, I was told that he must be Mr Lava kumar. I checked and confirmed that and I was told that he is a very genuine guy and authority to be contacted in case of issues that ASC faces difficulty in sorting. You might consider talking to Mr Lava Kumar again, I have been told all good things about the gentleman.

I hope you get to some kind of negotiation on either replacing the vehicle or getting your money back. If nothing works out, I believe legal action should be taken, afterall its your hard earned money and your precious time.
Yaar GC, I am appalled now that you tell me about the pipe.

The work was done and pipe changed, but they had to wait a day for delivery owing to warranty clearance from HM.

Yes, it was Mr. Lava Kumar who attended to my car, a very nice and thorough man indeed, he changed the steering assembly (which has started creaking again), bled the brakes, checked the tuning and re-torqued the suspension.

I doubt there is much possible from their end, but I will consolidate my entire experience and problem history and send it to the Mitsubishi heads again.

Such issues take the reliability out of an otherwise very reliable Mitsubishi engineering.

My 2001 Lancer Glxi lasted great till almost 90k on the odo and I sold it in 2007, without any issues at all. It even met a big head-on accident once, and mostly everything from the front bumper to the windshield had to be changed, but even post that I drove it about 20k before selling it and not a niggle.

Worst case, I am even ready to put it all behind me and try enjoying my drives; like I said even the last time, but that's now becoming another story.
Old 20th April 2012, 13:51   #188
Senior - BHPian

Guys, Please advise if should go in for this deal. A used 2007 Cedia for 3.5L asking price.
Let me know the good / bad about the car. What will be the issues faced if I buy it.

Used 2007 Mitsubishi Cedia Sports (D333138) for sale in Navi Mumbai - CarWale
parrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2012, 14:06   #189
Senior - BHPian

^At the risk of going off-topic, and hijacking Mandheer's thread...
The black car looks good externally.
The last picture indicates some scratch on the rear door or is it some reflection.
The steering wheel looks pretty worn out (the top portion is dirty or some wear marks) and the horn pad area has wear marks.
If it is genuine 65K KM, then the car is good to buy after checking with a reliable mechanic.
Since this is maintained by the bank, they would have serviced it at the A.S.S.
Please call them up and they will give you the entire service history. You can at the same time, also verify the odo reading with them.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2012, 16:35   #190
BHPian

Mandheer, maybe it's time for you to take the matter up legally. You have all the paper work, don't you? Your car has a hundred issues and you cannot keep getting parts changed. In such a scenario, reliability is obviously going to take a strong hit.

It's really quite sad. Whenever you post I always hope it's positive and that things have been sorted out but sadly, that's never the case.
Every issue you face on the Cedia is unheard off. The Cedia is really well built and not all prone to problems but in your case, everything seems to be an issue, especially the braking. It's supposed to be top notch and is on the three Cedia's I've driven including mine. The same can be said about the Air conditioning unit and the ride quality/handling/built.

I just read Gaurav's post and a thought came to my mind. Are you sure Aquest is being genuine? I know they're being nice to you but are you also sure they're not ignoring a big problem?

Your car is still in warranty, you have all the paper work to show how troublesome this particular piece is and like you said, you shouldn't pass your troubles on to some one else, the best scenario is to take it up legally. Maybe Mitsubishi will offer a replacement then. I doubt they will otherwise.

I hope you don't take this post wrongly,sir.

Last edited by sukrit7 : 20th April 2012 at 16:40.
sukrit7 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2012, 10:58   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukrit7 View Post
Mandheer, maybe it's time for you to take the matter up legally. You have all the paper work, don't you? Your car has a hundred issues and you cannot keep getting parts changed. In such a scenario, reliability is obviously going to take a strong hit.

It's really quite sad. Whenever you post I always hope it's positive and that things have been sorted out but sadly, that's never the case.
Every issue you face on the Cedia is unheard off. The Cedia is really well built and not all prone to problems but in your case, everything seems to be an issue, especially the braking. It's supposed to be top notch and is on the three Cedia's I've driven including mine. The same can be said about the Air conditioning unit and the ride quality/handling/built.

I just read Gaurav's post and a thought came to my mind. Are you sure Aquest is being genuine? I know they're being nice to you but are you also sure they're not ignoring a big problem?

Your car is still in warranty, you have all the paper work to show how troublesome this particular piece is and like you said, you shouldn't pass your troubles on to some one else, the best scenario is to take it up legally. Maybe Mitsubishi will offer a replacement then. I doubt they will otherwise.

I hope you don't take this post wrongly,sir.
Hi sukrit7, I have written to HM again, since after checking with the Aquest dealership I was told that only the suspension will not be under warranty, rest mostly everything is covered, specially the AC pipe that went bad, and that Aquest ASC was maybe pulling a fast one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
^At the risk of going off-topic, and hijacking Mandheer's thread...
No sweat at all S_U_N, it is good to discuss something OT every now and then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrys View Post
Guys, Please advise if should go in for this deal. A used 2007 Cedia for 3.5L asking price.
Let me know the good / bad about the car. What will be the issues faced if I buy it.

Used 2007 Mitsubishi Cedia Sports (D333138) for sale in Navi Mumbai - CarWale
Hi parrys, the steering as rightly pointed by S_U_N is too worn out for the odo reading.

Call Aquest casually, quote the owner name (your name if you don't know the owner's, say you are second owner) and the car number, pretend you are booking a service and just check when was it last the car came in and what was the reading back then.

I might have seen this car in Powai, not sure since that one had really dark tints and was maybe a 4445.

It is clean on the outside and a great buy if the service history is clean too.

Noticed the air duct is closed, you could get that reverted back to open and it will change the way this thing has ever run.
Old 12th June 2012, 14:14   #192
BHPian

Hello Cediazens!

20k+ update only for the sake of the thread and love for driving around.

A lot has happened in the past year odd of ownership, and I feel mine was probably the only Cedia with too many things hitting one after the other.

I have been driving more in clearer traffic past whole month, owing to revised timings at work.

So now I have to start earlier, way earlier, around 8am and roads are clearer, traffic is all bleary eyed, but I have noticed a stark improvement in FE figures, which the last week was 11.9 kmpl on DTE and full tank basis came to slightly over 10 kmpl.

Braking is much better now, as reported earlier too. Also, I have not done too much heavy traffic driving recently, which used to be the case earlier when the spongy brakes used to crop up, but it’s a welcome respite that the car stops dead in tracks with no fuss. There is a bit of rattle/grating sound sometimes, but GC explained it as the ABS.

Will check brakes once in peak traffic, specifically.

There is that creaking noise when steering is turned around, and I have since taken 2 appointments at Aquest, but once I couldn't make it owing to work and the other they called and said they would be shut that given Saturday. Took the car this last Saturday, and will come to that later.

Early last month I came across a Parsi owned red vRS in the classifieds up for sale and got pretty tempted, but guess after doing my math of selling Red, it didn’t look financially viable at all, actually not for another 3 years. Wife still recommends otherwise, but you can’t get them to understand, I talk to my car sometimes man, sometimes!

There are times when I start toying with getting a new pair of shoes for the car or an air filter, or the long pending ICE upgrade but the I guess it will take some time before I can ably coax the Mrs on such expenses.

We had a training program come up in Alibag last week, and although there were adequate arrangements for travel, I decided to plonk myself in the driver’s seat and take Red for a spin.

The drive, one way to the resort was 107kms and took about 3.5 hours with about 35 minute pit stop at MCD Panvel.

The car performed like a breeze, and it was this short trip which also reminded me of Khoj saying once that highways is where the Cedia is meant to be driven.

Early morning drive down to Alibag was uneventful, but very very comfortable. The rains made the roads slippery and a group of bikers at MCD Panvel were gushing how they evaded a few skids.

Had made a trip to Milan subway this last Sunday for a fresh set of wipers, and got Bosch (24”, 18”) for 450/-; the earlier Syndicates were wearing out. OE wipers set costs 2400/-.

Also saw a really neat exhaust tip and got it fitted. It is longer that the earlier one and sits flush with the exhaust pipe.

Name:  IMG2012060600115.jpg
Views: 1129
Size:  119.5 KB

This one is probably the best quality exhaust tip I have come across, and the best part is it has an open mouth and absolutely no unnecessary frills!

Name:  IMG2012060600116.jpg
Views: 1148
Size:  128.0 KB

Sadly there was nobody to clean the car at the resort and the program did not give me time enough was a wash, had to settle with cleaning the windscreen only before setting out last night.

We started late, around 10:30pm and were in Lokhandwala in exactly 2 hours, thanks to a few chance encounters on the highway, with a Jetta, a Fluidic Verna, an Innova and a souped up Lancer, in that order.

The brand new Black Fluidic Verna 1.6S did some very spirited driving, all the way from Pen to Vashi and I just followed suit, my dad always said: it makes driving easier on our highways if the car ahead has a good driver!

But I guess by the time we reached the Vashi toll, I felt there was ‘more on tap’ and tailing the ably driven Fluidic got plain boring, and we parted ways. The Fluidic I noted was very fast on the pickup and putting distance between us though, while I had the AC on, their windows were rolled down. (I was tempted to switch off the AC but then it would not have been fun, maybe)

The Jetta came up momentarily on my exit from Alibag, the older version, but I let it go. I’ve been up against a Passat and didn’t see much driving demonstrated by the Jetta guy. Also I realized after putting him in the rearview that he was driving on full beam.

The Innova guy definitely had a flight to catch since his driving was very rash, and I thought best to put enough distance between him and myself.

Last being a throaty growl from a Maroon Lancer which sped past me once on the WEH, it had a FFE and upsized tires. Might've been easy catching up with it, but then again, the guy was putting in some very rash driving, that too on near crowded roads around the Santacruz airport.

All said, the drive back was very ‘alive’ and although I felt the need to work gears a few times and push hard, there was a slight feel that the AC was bearing down heavily on the engine in the mid rev ranges, on open roads.

Here's some war paint!

Name:  IMG2012060600120.jpg
Views: 1308
Size:  154.5 KB

I had recently shifted to Nitrogen in tires. They have a CE machine here at the Lotus BP pump. The machine sucks out all air and fills Nitrogen back, it also shows the %age, which was fluctuating between 99.4-99.8%. Car feels softer over bumps, slightly more planted and rolling resistance feels reduced too, pulls slightly easier in 1st too.

Is it really Nitrogen that causes it? It's just air right? How much could it differ. Filled 30psi all round, cost 100 bucks and I get 3 months of free checkup and top-ups. Tire pressure still fluctuates though, so not much different from regular air though, better, but not different altogether.

Just feel the clutch pedal feels 'grainy' on being pressed, not as smooth as before and the gear shifts get a a bit stuck, only at times, and I have noticed it might be because of me not pressing the clutch completely to the floor and also maybe depressing it a bit too soon. Fatigue to be blamed here I feel!

That apart, NFTR (nothing further to report) and thankfully so.

Enjoyed the drive back from Alibag, it was a great driving experience, powerful, planted and assured. The car returned 11 kmpl on tank to tank basis, with some really spirited driving too.

Name:  IMG2012060600125.jpg
Views: 1089
Size:  148.0 KB

Took a trip to Aquest Kalina outfit on Saturday to get the steering noise checked.

They are in the same estate/compound as the Audi service. I was told the current Audi setup used to be the original Mitsubishi service, which is now receded to the rear, with Audi taking centrestage and majority of workspace.

The entrance is still being worked for leveling, and is all rubble waiting for tar, doubt how it will hold up with the Mumbai monsoon on us, didn’t have the camera phone so couldn’t take pictures.

Entire staff knows me and my car, and they are a friendly lot, unlike any other service place I have been.

Surprisingly they also work on Toyota (higher end, Landcruisers etc only) vehicles here and also the Lexus. No guesses here that Lakozy (owners of Aquest) are using the facility to the max.

The guy who did the TD with me was Raju, he works only the Lexus, and the car returned 17.4 kmpl, which was a joke since he ran 22kms from tank full to tank full (on nozzle auto-cut), but I told them I am pleased with the car returning 10 odd kmpl in city.

This Raju chap was a fairly knowledgeable guy but guess they are not well versed with mileage tests, 22kms wont tell you anything on full-to-full basis, there’s too many factors at play.

Then Reynold; the erstwhile facility Manager of Aquest Chandivali; walked up beaming from ear to ear asking “how much was the test mileage sir?”; I put my hand on his shoulder to calm him down; he was jubiliant. I had to tell him it’s not worth its salt, this figure of 17.4 kmpl.

Well, there was quite a bit of unrest in the staff, many reportedly planning to quit by next month since they've not been given any hike in past one year. Some are joining Audi and VW too!

They also complained of parts issues and suggested that parts be sourced from aftermarket, Thailand ones were recommended. There we a few Cedias awaiting parts for quite sometime.

The issue cited was unavailability and mismanagement, they would order 2 parts and only 1 would come through after much delay, and it is only getting worse with time.

Parts cost of the Cedia were almost at par with the BMW is what I was told.

Mr. Lava Kumar; the HM Mitsubishi expert from Chennai was also there.

A brand new Pajero Sports was due for delivery but the vehicle had stalled on it’s way to Kalina, and wouldn’t start, he was there to the rescue since the Aquest guys couldn’t get it to start.

Ditto for a new Montero from Indore which had been repaired with an aftermarket part which caused engine stall. The Montero incidentally cannot be worked upon without removing the entire engine from bay, and then one thing went bad after the other, poor chap!

This Raj used to work on race circuits earlier and advised to get a FFE (advised Automech) and a performance (washable) air filter for the car. Tire pressure advised was 28psi and fuel insisted on was Speed. He also recommended to not upsize tires, there was a red Cedia with 205/60/15 Good Years.

The noise in steering is some issue with the steering column, and the bouncy steering was maybe owing to some ‘ball’ joint arrangement which costs 10k per ball, and they are a pair!

It would take time for them to inspect the steering column noise, so I thought I’d get it checked in the next 30k service which should come up in July/August, I’ll probably be getting the 30k service done at 25k.

Until then, I will just drive!
mandheers is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2012, 20:54   #193
Senior - BHPian

Hi mandheers, good to see that you are enjoying the Cedia.

Quote:
Hello Cediazens!

20k+ update only for the sake of the thread and love for driving around.

All said, the drive back was very ‘alive’ and although I felt the need to work gears a few times and push hard, there was a slight feel that the AC was bearing down heavily on the engine in the mid rev ranges, on open roads.

It is difficult to quantify but yes Nitrogen does make a difference. Infact the very fact that it has less latent heat than normal air is a good enough reason for me given our climate.

Quote:
Is it really Nitrogen that causes it? It's just air right?
Enjoyed the drive back from Alibag, it was a great driving experience, powerful, planted and assured. The car returned 11 kmpl on tank to tank basis, with some really spirited driving too.

The bit about the parts cost being the same as the Beemer is hog wash. As for the parts if you ever need anything head straight for Mars India in Opera house. I have bought stuff from them. Spark Plug wires to be exact. Original parts made in Japan and what a difference with just two wires changed. Mars India Automobile Pvt Ltd: Authorised Dealers of Hindustan Motors, General Motors and ACDelco spare parts and accessories

Quote:
They also complained of parts issues and suggested that parts be sourced from aftermarket, Thailand ones were recommended. There we a few Cedias awaiting parts for quite sometime.

I have tried Automech for another car and honestly was unimpressed with their workmanship. If you ever feel the need for a FFE head to tuneup plus in Baner, Poona. The owner is also a tbhp member and has extensive experience on modifying vehicles including customizing and transplanting the Cedia's engine in to a Lancer.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-...aner-pune.html

30 psi is indeed the correct pressure. As for the upsize even I want to switch to 16" or 17" but the aftermarket alloys are not up to the mark compared to the OE OZs.

On my recent trip to GJ and MH I used Shell Super and HP Power and a bit of Speed. Found the car to be more responsive and was able to achieve 100kms @ 2600 RPM regularly, earlier this speed was achieved at 2900 odd RPM. Observation is spread over 5K+ covered in this trip. Am going to try out Speed 97 now.

Quote:
This Raj used to work on race circuits earlier and advised to get a FFE (advised Automech) and a performance (washable) air filter for the car. Tire pressure advised was 28psi and fuel insisted on was Speed. He also recommended to not upsize tires, there was a red Cedia with 205/60/15 Good Years.

Get all of the bolts under the chassis re-torqued. Get the bushings of the tie road and the lower arms inspected for any damage and replace if required. Also get the steering column knuckle adjusted.

Quote:
The noise in steering is some issue with the steering column, and the bouncy steering was maybe owing to some ‘ball’ joint arrangement which costs 10k per ball, and they are a pair!

Until then, I will just drive!
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2012, 22:30   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

What was the air-pressure and the load in the car?
Both these factors affect the performance.

Quote:
That apart, NFTR (nothing further to report) and thankfully so.
That is actually a good thing. I am glad to see that finally you are back to enjoying the car.

Quote:
The car returned 11 kmpl on tank to tank basis, with some really spirited driving too.
My last tank fill indicated a mileage of around 10.9 kmpl which included about 30% highway and remaining city run. But of course I would be driving lot slower than you.
Quote:
Same problem in Pune as well as confirmed by the store in charge.
They order for things and get only a few of the items even after waiting for months.
A small clip ordered by me in the last service in November has still not been received. They have sent a second request now.

I was told that they don't even have any details of Pajero Sports spares so far. And the car has been launched almost two months ago!

Quote:
BMW windshield cost is around Rs. 65000. Cedia windshield costs less than Rs. 11000. So, it is an exaggeration. However, other spares are indeed very expensive.
For a 8 lac rupee car, the spares are incredibly expensive.

Rear shocker price: Rs 10,000! Power steering hose: Rs. 14500. Lower arm: Rs. 5000+ (one side).

I would not recommend a Mitsubishi vehicle to anyone, just due to this.

Quote:
The Montero incidentally cannot be worked upon without removing the entire engine from bay,
In my opinion that is bad design. I however don't know how true this is.

Quote:
Tire pressure advised was 28psi and fuel insisted on was Speed.
My experience indicates that the car will struggle with that tire pressure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post

...for the parts if you ever need anything head straight for Mars India in Opera house. I have bought stuff from them.
I am glad that you are satisfied with Mars India.
I found their pricing to be too high. I wonder why you need to get parts in Mumbai when Delhi is much much cheaper.

Quote:
If you ever feel the need for a FFE head to tuneup plus in Baner, Poona. The owner is also a tbhp member and has extensive experience on modifying vehicles including customizing and transplanting the Cedia's engine in to a Lancer.
Abhijeet is a nice person and does not have a tendency to fleece customers. After my last free checkup, service center said that my power steering hose is leaking, gear oil seal needs change and rear shocker is kaput. Total cost around Rs. 30000.
I got it checked with Abhijeet and so far I have not changed anything - nothing needing a change so far (driven around 150KM and no fresh power steering fluid leakage seen. Shocker is leaking, but I can continue for quite some time with safe driving.)
@ mandheer: If you plan to visit TuneUpPlus take an appointment and let me know. If I have some time, I will join you, though that place is 20KM from my house.

Edit: Where is our man: GC?
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2012, 23:39   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Hi mandheers, good to see that you are enjoying the Cedia.
Thanks a lot sir!

Quote:
The bit about the parts cost being the same as the Beemer is hog wash. As for the parts if you ever need anything head straight for Mars India in Opera house. I have bought stuff from them. Spark Plug wires to be exact. Original parts made in Japan and what a difference with just two wires changed. Mars India Automobile Pvt Ltd: Authorised Dealers of Hindustan Motors, General Motors and ACDelco spare parts and accessories
Sure thing, will keep them in mind. Are you recommending a change of wires from stock could help?

I checked for the Osram Night Breakers at Milan, but they recommended going for better bulbs and a relay, didnt want to touch wiring under the hood, so took a pass.

A Philips HID kit at Aquest was quoted at some 17k odd if I remember correctly, and it is out of the question.

Been thinking of the Night Breakers, but the guys at Milan Subway did not have it.

Quote:
I have tried Automech for another car and honestly was unimpressed with their workmanship. If you ever feel the need for a FFE head to tuneup plus in Baner, Poona. The owner is also a tbhp member and has extensive experience on modifying vehicles including customizing and transplanting the Cedia's engine in to a Lancer.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/other-...aner-pune.html
Yes, I have seen the Lancer fitted with a 4G94 block here on Tbhp.

Quote:
30 psi is indeed the correct pressure. As for the upsize even I want to switch to 16" or 17" but the aftermarket alloys are not up to the mark compared to the OE OZs.

On my recent trip to GJ and MH I used Shell Super and HP Power and a bit of Speed. Found the car to be more responsive and was able to achieve 100kms @ 2600 RPM regularly, earlier this speed was achieved at 2900 odd RPM. Observation is spread over 5K+ covered in this trip. Am going to try out Speed 97 now.
I maintain 30psi, but have started trying 29psi on solo drives, it's a bit less bouncier. Also my next tankful will be Speed, the 97 can wait! Used to get 97 in my Lancer back when 97 was launched, and it was like rocket fuel.

There would be only a few alloys that would compare with the OZs, why not try tire upsize alone? Will that sort your concern? Almost all Cedia owners who upsized swear by the bigger size, Michelins in 205/60/15 and Yokos in 205/55/15.

Quote:
Get all of the bolts under the chassis re-torqued. Get the bushings of the tie road and the lower arms inspected for any damage and replace if required. Also get the steering column knuckle adjusted.
The service guy punched the front wheels with his fist and pointed out that the calipers were a bit loose, all the steering etc work will happen in the next service. As of now, this baby is purring away to glory and raring to go. That's why didn't leave her at the service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
What was the air-pressure and the load in the car?
Both these factors affect the performance.
Tire pressure all round was 30psi in Nitrogen on cold, 3 pax on board, me in driver's seat 100 odd kilos, two 75 kg gentlemen for company, plus about 5x5 kilo bags in boot. That's 275 kilos! (hope my math is correct)

The other bit I have noticed is the radiator fan now comes on sooner at shorter intervals and is louder than before. I dutifully switch off the AC when standing at signals.

Quote:
That is actually a good thing. I am glad to see that finally you are back to enjoying the car.
Thanks a lot S_U_N, try make it for the meet, you could hitch a ride with a fellow Tbhpian.

Quote:
My last tank fill indicated a mileage of around 10.9 kmpl which included about 30% highway and remaining city run. But of course I would be driving lot slower than you.
I drive sedate about 85-90% of the time. My driving has always been the same, but that one time the Aquest guys did something, the mileage went from 6 odd to about 10 kmpl, and was recently hovering around 9kmpl in city. Since the time I got Nitrogen it is returning 10 odd now in city, cant say it's the gas that made the difference, with surety.

And I almost always drive with AC on.

Quote:
I was told that they don't even have any details of Pajero Sports spares so far. And the car has been launched almost two months ago!
They didn't know what to make of the stalled Pajero, couple of guys all huddled around Lava Kumar and his laptop.

Quote:
For a 8 lac rupee car, the spares are incredibly expensive.
Word S_U_N, couldn't agree with you more!

Quote:
I would not recommend a Mitsubishi vehicle to anyone, just due to this.
I have more reasons, but I still recommend, and only for the way this thing moves and defies all reasoning. People keep telling me 2.0 litre car and 115 bhp etc don't tally up well, and I tell them watch me go when I'm in the mood. This car can go up against any car and would give it serious run for money, I had an ANHC try picking up on me on the Expressway, and I let him go, ditto for a Swift and a Fiesta. They don't excite me, a Cedia can gobble them up without batting an eyelid.

I have ranted about the fit+finish to endless number of people. For every 5 Civics I see on roads, 2 have their front and rear bumpers knocking loose or held together with a shoddy screw job.

The way I've come to know this car is it runs around in Mumbai traffic (putters as Khoj puts it) with little or no fuss and is something else on open roads.

Quote:
My experience indicates that the car will struggle with that tire pressure.
Trying 29psi now, will see how it goes, but 28 feels a bit too low.

Quote:
@ mandheer: If you plan to visit TuneUpPlus take an appointment and let me know. If I have some time, I will join you, though that place is 20KM from my house.

Edit: Where is our man: GC?
Thanks man, will keep that in mind. GC should be burning some rubber and cornering hard some place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
GC??