Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 4th June 2011, 16:10   #106
BHPian

Default Re: Mitsubishi Cedia Sports- the Red Beast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_U_N View Post
Thank you for clarifying. I will try to search for this in Pune. is clamping this a DIY or does it require professional skills?
DIY all of 5 minutes of lying prone or awkwardly bent without view face against the boot and tightening the bolts in place.
mandheers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2011, 18:00   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Attachment 554860

I believe you Gentlemen are looking for something like the above.

If you want one like mine then get in touch with Cosworth India Private Limited in Pune. This is the same Cosworth that makes parts for F1 cars and vehicles in various other versions of motorsports. They set up shop in Pune about three years ago and I have been buying stuff from them ever since. Nice people to do business with. They do have some distributors too but it is best to get in touch with them and buy direct. Here is a link to their web site's product page.

Cosworth - Performance Components for Indian Cars

I am inline to buy the carbon muffler from them as soon as Blue Streak's warranty is over. The end can however has no effect on the warranty.

Here is another view of the can which comes originally painted in Cosworth Blue now turned 'Burnt Blue'.Attachment 554862
Ok, so the warranty does get affected, as I thought.

Will wait it out for the growl.

I am sure all of you are aware of the RRP Hyperdrive Cedia thread (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...tsu-cedia.html (RRP Hyperdrive in a friend's Mitsu Cedia)), what I wanted to know was how does the RRP PowerDrive fare?

I mean the power from the car is as is enough for my driving and use, and I dont wish to compete or anything, but the setup is simple and does promise adequate benefits at a VFM cost.

Cost quoted by RRP is:
RRP PowerDrive will cost 39,000 INR (MRP)
RRP HyperDrive will cost 4,65,000.00 INR (MRP)

Performance Figures assured as foll.: With the PowerDrive you could expect anywhere between 15 to 20%, and with the HyperDrive you could achieve anywhere between 80 to 100%.

Let me know, and as Khoj puts it 'inline' until the warranty wears off.

Have to upgrade the ICE too, but can't find the time. Front Components + Sub or Front Components + Coaxials (heavy duty), either of the two. Will be hectic next 2 months, so will wait it out.
Old 5th June 2011, 14:44   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 554860

If you want one like mine then get in touch with Cosworth India Private Limited in Pune. This is the same Cosworth that makes parts for F1 cars and vehicles in various other versions of motorsports. They set up shop in Pune about three years ago and I have been buying stuff from them ever since. Nice people to do business with. They do have some distributors too but it is best to get in touch with them and buy direct. Here is a link to their web site's product page.

Cosworth - Performance Components for Indian Cars

I am inline to buy the carbon muffler from them as soon as Blue Streak's warranty is over. The end can however has no effect on the warranty.

Here is another view of the can which comes originally painted in Cosworth Blue now turned 'Burnt Blue'.Attachment 554862

Thanks. Yes. Something similar, though your end can does not seem to be very clean - at least from the pics. I am not able to see much chrome out there.
I visited the link above and tried searching for end cans on Cosworth website, but could not find any such thing on the site. Does the product have a different name?

How much does the product cost? mandeers product was just Rs. 600 which is probably what I should restrict myself to for this cosmetic makeover.
S_U_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2011, 15:48   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Yes. Something similar, though your end can does not seem to be very clean - at least from the pics. I am not able to see much chrome out there.
Sorry Mom!
The pictures were not taken to show off the end can but for insurance purpose to catalogue the scratches on the bumper. The dirt picked in the daily grind would have been the last thing on my and the surveyors mind when he clicked the snaps. I had them so put them up for reference.

Quote:
I visited the link above and tried searching for end cans on Cosworth website, but could not find any such thing on the site. Does the product have a different name?
Maybe someone can put a snap shot of the page that opens up from the link. The exhaust tip is on the top of the right hand side column with a nice snap showing off not one but two of them.

Quote:
How much does the product cost? mandeers product was just Rs. 600 which is probably what I should restrict myself to for this cosmetic makeover.
Well frankly I do not recall but it was certainly above the 1K mark. You are in Poona right? Then all you need to do is to get the Cosworth office telephone number from their web site and get the prices from them. If you do then share it with others here on the thread.

Talking of Poona reminds me, are any of you guys planning on attending the Tbhp meet coing up on the 11th?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...h-june-12.html (Yet another Pune - Mumbai Mega meet @ Sunny Da Dhaba on 11th June)

What say Mandheers and all of you guys from Poona, DrunkenMonk, S_U_N, shyaGO, Karthik. Let us have a Cedizen meet within the larger meet. This is a once an year affair and a good opportunity to meet fellow members and make some new friends. look forward to your positive response.
khoj is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2011, 17:38   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandheers View Post
Let me know, and as Khoj puts it 'inline' until the warranty wears off.
In line for Power drive or Hyperdrive as well..

The end can looks great on cedia. I wanted it but then I thought it might rattle, as it did in swift, so I left it. My cousin's cedia has it though and atleast for one and a half year, it hasnt rattled. So, I will hopefully get a one for my car as well.

@Khoj, cosworth has a wide veriety of aftermarket products to offer, see them listed in Autocar/topgear magazines almost every month now.The blue end can on your blue cedia looks smashing.

Last edited by gaurav_chopra04 : 5th June 2011 at 17:41.
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2011, 17:58   #111
Senior - BHPian

Thanks gaurav_chopra04,

No rattles either what with full length mounting tube and the three screws along with folded steel spring washers, still as tight as it was when it went on last year.

For the Swift the best fit is the tip sold by Nissan A.S.C.. Meant for the Micra, it actually looks better on the Swift. Cost is again around 1K.

Continuing in the spirit of the Cedizen meet from my post above. Yesterday as I drove in to the parking at Inorbit mall here in Vashi, I was pleasantly surprised to see not one but two more Cedias. One in the bay next to mine was an elegant looking White coloured Select and hidden away behind the lift lobby was a verry verrry hot Yellow Sports. Ogled the yellow to my hearts content while I waited for my friend to come down and now I too want a yellow Well not really but then I do not dislike it any more and would love to spot the colour again and again.

Off late I am beginning to see more and more Cedias in New Bombay and it gladdens the heart to spot another Cedizen whizz past.

Last edited by khoj : 5th June 2011 at 18:09.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2011, 18:05   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Maybe someone can put a snap shot of the page that opens up from the link. The exhaust tip is on the top of the right hand side column with a nice snap showing off not one but two of them.

Thanks. I was finally able to see it here: Cosworth - Exhaust Tip
I will call them and find out the pricing.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 11:29   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Talking of Poona reminds me, are any of you guys planning on attending the Tbhp meet coing up on the 11th?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...h-june-12.html (Yet another Pune - Mumbai Mega meet @ Sunny Da Dhaba on 11th June)

What say Mandheers and all of you guys from Poona, DrunkenMonk, S_U_N, shyaGO, Karthik. Let us have a Cedizen meet within the larger meet. This is a once an year affair and a good opportunity to meet fellow members and make some new friends. look forward to your positive response.
Am in!

Lol @ Sorry Mom!!
Old 6th June 2011, 11:32   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
In line for Power drive or Hyperdrive as well..

The end can looks great on cedia. I wanted it but then I thought it might rattle, as it did in swift, so I left it. My cousin's cedia has it though and atleast for one and a half year, it hasnt rattled. So, I will hopefully get a one for my car as well.

@Khoj, cosworth has a wide veriety of aftermarket products to offer, see them listed in Autocar/topgear magazines almost every month now.The blue end can on your blue cedia looks smashing.
GC, take my word for it, there are two Blue Streak Cedias I have seen in my neighborhood, and Khoj's Blue Steak stands out with that menacing Cosworth tip. I have had the chance to see it.

Looks like it could spit fire!!
mandheers is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 11:37   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks gaurav_chopra04,

No rattles either what with full length mounting tube and the three screws along with folded steel spring washers, still as tight as it was when it went on last year.

For the Swift the best fit is the tip sold by Nissan A.S.C.. Meant for the Micra, it actually looks better on the Swift. Cost is again around 1K.

Continuing in the spirit of the Cedizen meet from my post above. Yesterday as I drove in to the parking at Inorbit mall here in Vashi, I was pleasantly surprised to see not one but two more Cedias. One in the bay next to mine was an elegant looking White coloured Select and hidden away behind the lift lobby was a verry verrry hot Yellow Sports. Ogled the yellow to my hearts content while I waited for my friend to come down and now I too want a yellow Well not really but then I do not dislike it any more and would love to spot the colour again and again.

Off late I am beginning to see more and more Cedias in New Bombay and it gladdens the heart to spot another Cedizen whizz past.
In my drives around Mumbai, I have seen atleast 3 different Blacks, 2 Blues one being Khoj's and the other is a recent MH 02 registration, 2 Yellows, 3 Reds including mine and 1 was rally prepped with Team Goa stickers, 2 Cream/Beige Select, 1 very Deep Grey Select, 1 Orange Sports (repainted like Nissan Micra's orange, the accidented one i mentions earlier), at least 4 Whites.
Old 6th June 2011, 11:46   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Am in!

Lol @ Sorry Mom!!

Hey that is great, do go to the thread via that link and add your name to the list ( not a requirement but it is a good feeling to see the numbers go up) also this will allow you to be abreast with the Bombay group's assembly point and departure time plans etc. See you at Sunny's.

yeah sorry indeed!
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 12:19   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Hey that is great, do go to the thread via that link and add your name to the list ( not a requirement but it is a good feeling to see the numbers go up) also this will allow you to be abreast with the Bombay group's assembly point and departure time plans etc. See you at Sunny's.

yeah sorry indeed!
Done already, scanned the entire thread.

Will try making it at Panvel MCD as proposed by GTO, it'd be a fun drive that way.

Will have to be back home that night, have stuff lined up Sunday, so might leave early, but what the heck.
Old 6th June 2011, 16:24   #118
BHPian

Quote:

I would have loved to be there, but I am going to be away on during meet time, so may be next time. Please post pics of Cedizen meet along with Mum-Pune meet.
shyaGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 16:43   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like it could spit fire!!
Something like this

Name:  m23.jpg
Views: 1323
Size:  36.5 KB
gaurav_chopra04 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th June 2011, 16:55   #120
Senior - BHPian

Haha, Good one g_c04 would love to get the Blue Streak to do that
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote