Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2011, 14:09   #91
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 36,231
Thanked: 27,986 Times
Default Re: Toyota Etios V - Initial Ownership Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Just for my knowledge, which cars in the market today fall in this category?
Don't want to go anymore off-topic on someone else's ownership thread, so I'll make it quick. Some cars off the back of my head : WagonR, Estilo and Scorpio. Sumo Grande = Suicidal!

Quote:
In my experience, I think the FORD cars have a quick and responsive steering which I really liked. Is that true? Can these cars be more dangerous while maneuvering at high speeds?
The Fiesta has a quick steering, but it's also well-weighted (gets nice & heavy at speed). Plus, there is sufficient room to play around the dead center position. Actually one of the best steerings for the highway, as is the case with most HPS European cars.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 22nd February 2011, 22:12   #92
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 72
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Re: Toyota Etios V - Initial Ownership Experience

When the car goes over humps, many times the front tyres land with a thud instead of softly rolling down. This happens even at a reasonably slow speed and 15 inch tyres too. Could this be due to stiff suspension? Can this be fixed? I didn't have this problem in my previous car. RegularIndian also reported this issue.
Upgrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2011, 18:04   #93
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 72
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Toyota Customer Service

I had been trying to experience the Toyota Customer Service for the last 15 days. I tried reaching them through

1. Product feedback in their website - Twice
2. Call center - Twice today morning
3. Multiple postings about the issues/questions in their facebook page

Nothing worked. At last, today evening I managed to speak to their call center guys. I asked about the auto-lock feature and the 2nd remote key. They told after checking with some people both were not there for Etios.

I also complained about poor FE. They asked me to take the car to the service center. I flatly said no as nobody seems to be knowing about this car. He promised that he would ask someone from Toyota call me within 24 hours. Let's see what happens.

The facebook page is a funny one where people who do not own the car claim great thing about it and any questions will be answered with apologies and a promise that someone would keep in touch with you.
Upgrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2011, 18:50   #94
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 72
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Etios Door

I took the car to Toyota mobile service center for the rattling issue. Here is how the Etios door looks inside. I don't see any damping other than one plastic sheet.

Toyota Etios V - Initial Ownership Experience-25022011325.jpg

After all the work, the rattling is still there.
Upgrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2011, 20:16   #95
BHPian
 
Zappex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 190
Thanked: 78 Times
Default Re: Etios Door

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrade View Post
I took the car to Toyota mobile service center for the rattling issue.
After all the work, the rattling is still there.
This is sad, I mean why is Toyota damping the experience of the customer! You problem should have been solved. Toyota's are known to be rattle free and reliable. I wonder how much of damping that plastic can provide.

That said, hope this problem does not continue. Rattling Maruti's is heard of and now even Toyota! what has the world come to!
Zappex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2011, 00:13   #96
BHPian
 
skmami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 152
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Toyota Etios V - Initial Ownership Experience

Just curious if somebody knows if there is a Automatic Transmission that is available at the moment or planned. ?

I am looking to replace my Hyundai i10 that is 3+ years old and only has 5K miles on it.
skmami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2011, 12:57   #97
BHPian
 
Reinhard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 423
Thanked: 133 Times
Default Re: Toyota Etios V - Initial Ownership Experience

@Upgrade - sad to know of your experience...Fingers crossed that it will be resolved.

@Skmami - i don't see Toyota launching an AT Etios. Its a low cost sedan, and Toyota would want its customers to go for premium cars if they want AT. Logically - no AT for Etios. Its a car where they have tried to cut costs and price is the USP. With the AT, it will be pretty costly, and in a sort of no man's land with features and price specs.
Reinhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2011, 16:10   #98
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 72
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Re: Toyota Etios V - Initial Ownership Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
@Upgrade - sad to know of your experience...Fingers crossed that it will be resolved.
I won't blame the guys who tried to fix the rattling issue. They operate out of just 2 tents to take care of any emergency calls/run-in repairs.

I am planning to take my car back to dealer to look into my poor FE issue. I read in facebook that a customer's FE issue got resolved by doing some tuning related to idling. I don't know to what extent it will work for me, but nevertheless I thought of doing a mileage test and do any tweaking (ECU remapping?) there if required. I'll try to get my rattling also resolved at that time.
Upgrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 10:33   #99
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 72
Thanked: 18 Times
Default 1500 Km update

Car completed 1500 km yesterday.

I sent a mail to Toyota for poor FE and the dealer called me to inspect the vehicle. They did a long test drive to find the rattle that I complained about. As in many people's case, they couldn't hear anything. They took the car to the service center and checked air filter, engine oil, spark plug, etc and found everything to be normal. So the car came out exactly how it went in. I have decided to wait till I complete 2,000 km before cribbing again. I have a strong feeling that this car requires to run good distance as run-in. I think the noise and FE are linked to coarseness of the car and things should hopefully change after 2000 km. I read in a Micra ownership thread that FE has improved from around 10+ to 15+. I hope something like that happens to me.

Other observations:
- Noise level is coming down, but still higher than average of this segment
- The engine is opening up nicely. Power and pick up are very good
- The huge panel gaps without any beading are resulting in dust and water to get inside the door.
- Even though the car is wide, the front seats are not wide. This results in huge gap between the seat and the door and the place gets dirty easily. See the picture.
Toyota Etios V - Initial Ownership Experience-04032011343.jpg
Upgrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 10:56   #100
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 141
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Toyota Etios V - Initial Ownership Experience

What is the current FE you are getting now?

I was also keen on booking a Etios so went on sunday to the showroom and was told the waiting period is 12 months now!
rajinibm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 11:11   #101
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai/BLR/USA
Posts: 884
Thanked: 114 Times
Default Re: 1500 Km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrade View Post
Car completed 1500 km yesterday.

I sent a mail to Toyota for poor FE and the dealer called me to inspect the vehicle. They did a long test drive to find the rattle that I complained about. As in many people's case, they couldn't hear anything. They took the car to the service center and checked air filter, engine oil, spark plug, etc and found everything to be normal. So the car came out exactly how it went in. I have decided to wait till I complete 2,000 km before cribbing again. I have a strong feeling that this car requires to run good distance as run-in. I think the noise and FE are linked to coarseness of the car and things should hopefully change after 2000 km. I read in a Micra ownership thread that FE has improved from around 10+ to 15+. I hope something like that happens to me.

Other observations:
- Noise level is coming down, but still higher than average of this segment
- The engine is opening up nicely. Power and pick up are very good
- The huge panel gaps without any beading are resulting in dust and water to get inside the door.
- Even though the car is wide, the front seats are not wide. This results in huge gap between the seat and the door and the place gets dirty easily.
As per the Etios manual how much is the run –in period ? Hope the FE figures will improve after the running in period, by the way what is your current FE figures ?
The higher than normal cabin noise is attributed to low amount of insulation used by Toyota, so have to live with it.
I am quite surprised to know that dust & water is entering through the panel gaps, this is not acceptable. I think the service guys should give you some work around.
tj123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 15:51   #102
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 72
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Re: 1500 Km update

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
As per the Etios manual how much is the run –in period ? Hope the FE figures will improve after the running in period, by the way what is your current FE figures ?
The higher than normal cabin noise is attributed to low amount of insulation used by Toyota, so have to live with it.
I am quite surprised to know that dust & water is entering through the panel gaps, this is not acceptable. I think the service guys should give you some work around.
I got 10.4 in city driving (Blr/whitefield). I got 11.5 in my next trip, but it involved suburban driving without much gear change, and traffic (Varthur, Karmelram, hosa road, etc). Indications are that my next city mileage will be again around 10+. I will complete 200 km and again fill up (& top up) my tank.

Run-in period is 1600 km as per manual and there is no specific speed restriction. No extremely high speed driving, no sudden acceleration, no constant speed driving for long time are the restrictions. Since I did about 600 km long drive, I assume my run-in will get delayed to that extent (even though I was stopping for every 50 km and didn't cross 100 kmph)
Upgrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2011, 16:31   #103
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 72
Thanked: 18 Times
Default Mileage Update

I completed 1700 km and I got 11.25 kmpl full AC hump to hump traffic (Whitefield, Bangalore). I am relieved to see the FE increasing. I hope it will continue to improve in the coming days too.

Any idea when the FE will stabilize - 2000, 5000 or 10,000 km?
Upgrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2011, 16:56   #104
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 8,744
Thanked: 3,270 Times
Default Re: Mileage Update

Congrats on the Etios and nice to see your ownership report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrade View Post
Any idea when the FE will stabilize - 2000, 5000 or 10,000 km?
There is no set mileage when the FE will stabilize. It will stabilze after you complete the running in period (1000kms) and also once the oil is replaced for the first time is when you can actually start seeing the correct FE figures.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2011, 18:14   #105
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai/BLR/USA
Posts: 884
Thanked: 114 Times
Default Re: Mileage Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upgrade View Post
I completed 1700 km and I got 11.25 kmpl full AC hump to hump traffic (Whitefield, Bangalore). I am relieved to see the FE increasing. I hope it will continue to improve in the coming days too.

Any idea when the FE will stabilize - 2000, 5000 or 10,000 km?
Difficult to predict the exact bumper to bumper FE with one single reading , a good approach will be take 3-5 readings and see how the average FE behaves.
Hope the mileage will improves as the engine frees-up.
tj123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Initial Ownership experience - Toyota Etios Diesel GD-SP Mohanan Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 29 26th September 2013 19:07
Initial experience with my diesel Toyota Etios automachine Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 67 12th August 2013 18:53


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:47.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks