Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 15th April 2011, 21:18   #91
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Story of my Italian horse - Fiat Punto 90HP. EDIT: Sold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Raj, it's not after the first service(it's merely a check up and wash job) but after 5k to 10k kms that the Punto's MJD really opens up. You would find a marked change in refinement, FE and performance.
Ohh, I have to wait longer... till 10k! Going by my current odo reading, I will have to wait for 5 more months for that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adishenoy View Post
Happy to know that Pintu is doing well Raj. So finally you got time off your busy schedule to give the Punto a well deserved day off.
Good to know that Fiat changed the C pillar cover immediately, I hope you are satisfied now.

Looking forward to meet Pintu soon!
Even Pintu is missing your Suzuki's company dude... remember the off road trail!
raj_5004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2011, 06:04   #92

Smile re: Story of my Italian horse - Fiat Punto 90HP. EDIT: Sold!

Raj...belive me my eyes were moist when i read your line," My white Pintu was looking at me with her sparking eyes from amidst other cras when you first went to see her' ( Sorry not able to jot the excact lines..but I am sure you get it. I am a similar car enthisiast as you are and I respect all cars..and have a feeling..they have feelings too and might be talk to each other when the world is sleeping. All the best with your white darling. I am in process to get mine too soon...and Its a Garnde Punto Emotion Pack diesel, Tuscan Wine.....!!! Pray for me...
mads2849 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2011, 23:14   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mads2849 View Post
Raj...belive me my eyes were moist when i read your line," My white Pintu was looking at me with her sparking eyes from amidst other cras when you first went to see her' ( Sorry not able to jot the excact lines..but I am sure you get it. I am a similar car enthisiast as you are and I respect all cars..and have a feeling..they have feelings too and might be talk to each other when the world is sleeping. All the best with your white darling. I am in process to get mine too soon...and Its a Garnde Punto Emotion Pack diesel, Tuscan Wine.....!!! Pray for me...
Even I feel that the more you love your car, the more it will love you.

Hearty congratulations for your car buddy.
Old 16th April 2011, 23:29   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mads2849 View Post
some serios car enthusiast here!! :o)

Raj,

If you keep looking for a change in performance after every km you drive, you'll never notice it. Take the performance thingy out of your mind, after may be a couple of thousands of kms there will be a noticeable change in the way the car behaves. You can see it as an improvement in performance or just leave it saying that you got used to the car.

Theoretically speaking the performance of any car, keeping all things stock, will only decrease as the car munches miles. Yes, Punto will rev freely and NVH will have reduced, but that's about it.

Just want you to know what you can actually expect of the car in coming few months.
CliffHanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2011, 09:02   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
Raj,

If you keep looking for a change in performance after every km you drive, you'll never notice it. Take the performance thingy out of your mind, after may be a couple of thousands of kms there will be a noticeable change in the way the car behaves. You can see it as an improvement in performance or just leave it saying that you got used to the car.

Theoretically speaking the performance of any car, keeping all things stock, will only decrease as the car munches miles. Yes, Punto will rev freely and NVH will have reduced, but that's about it.

Just want you to know what you can actually expect of the car in coming few months.
Thanks buddy. I think I will now accept the fact that Punto 90 hp is a slow car! If at all the performance improves, good for me!

By the way, I am not complaining as when I bought this car, I already knew that the Punto was slower compared to the i20 & Polo. I was not keen on 0-100, so I am fine with it...

By the way, I had given my car to Fortune motors (Powai) for repairing the scratch on the bumper of my car. they charged me Rs. 3200 for a single scratch which i willingly paid, considering its an A.S.S., but they sprayed the paint all over the car. Now my side windows & windshield have tiny paint particles all over it. I noticed this yesterday morning.

I am facing a problem driving at night, as because of the paint particles, the headlights of the oncoming traffic is blinding me. I am not even getting a clear view on the ORVMs in the night if light is falling on it.

Naturally FIAT (Pune) & the A.S.S. called me for a feedback. I rated Fortune very poor on all these aspects. Let me see what they will do about this. Incase they dont do anything, what is the solution guys?
Old 17th April 2011, 09:33   #96
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
what is the solution guys?

A professional car body shop with treatments to remove those paint specks.
theMAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2011, 15:03   #97
BHPian

Quote:
By the way, I had given my car to Fortune motors (Powai) for repairing the scratch on the bumper of my car. they charged me Rs. 3200 for a single scratch which i willingly paid, considering its an A.S.S., but they sprayed the paint all over the car. Now my side windows & windshield have tiny paint particles all over it. I noticed this yesterday morning.

I am facing a problem driving at night, as because of the paint particles, the headlights of the oncoming traffic is blinding me. I am not even getting a clear view on the ORVMs in the night if light is falling on it.

Naturally FIAT (Pune) & the A.S.S. called me for a feedback. I rated Fortune very poor on all these aspects. Let me see what they will do about this. Incase they dont do anything, what is the solution guys?
This is something that comes along freely for owning a Tata Fiat car. But seriosly, someone needs to take these guys to task.

A couple of weeks back I got my bumper repainted in the A.S.S to get rid of few scratches. I checked the car thoroughly before taking the car. But the Tata ghost appeared while driving in the highways yesterday. The buggers who fit the bumper back after painting didn't bother to attach the inner mudguards to screws. So at speeds over 90, the mudgaurds came in to contact with the tyres due to suction. Result -the mudgaurd was torn apart and was making a lot of noise throughout the drive.

Now, its time to go back to those gentlemen and make them understand what they have done.
Old 18th April 2011, 15:10   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

Can the hub centric rings be arranged for any Car? I had to opt for after market alloys & I too am facing issues.
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2011, 06:50   #99
Senior - BHPian

I have given a very bad rating to FIAT when they gave me a call for feedback & also complained about the same, but till now, no action has been taken. I will have to take the car to the A.S.S. again now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Can the hub centric rings be arranged for any Car? I had to opt for after market alloys & I too am facing issues.
Yes, it can be done.
Old 20th April 2011, 00:49   #100

Raj a similar thing happned to me when I was in Delhi. A car parked near mine did a paint job and can you belive it? I had white paint in my black car. I was angry but what can I do. My wife came to my rescue ( sometimes womens brains works too), she gave me her nail paint remover. I used it on my windows, bingo all the paint is gone! try it with a cotton n rub your paint off, but first try it in a small patch

Quote:
Thanks buddy. I think I will now accept the fact that Punto 90 hp is a slow car! If at all the performance improves, good for me!

By the way, I am not complaining as when I bought this car, I already knew that the Punto was slower compared to the i20 & Polo. I was not keen on 0-100, so I am fine with it...

Last edited by Jaggu : 20th April 2011 at 00:53. Reason: Please use proper punctuations instead of ..... Thanks.
mads2849 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2011, 20:33   #101
Senior - BHPian

Gave the car to the A.S.S. for removing the paint spots from the glass. Its alright now.

Car has done almost 4000 kms now. A small review:

* I can hear a small rattling from the left side, did not expect this from a FIAT.
* I am somehow used to the unenthusiastic response of the engine now. I have learnt to change the gears aptly to make good use of the speed!
* Both the ORVMs are great & offer good visibility, even the IRVM.
* Somehow the gearshift has not improved, it still feels vague & rubbery unlike the polo & i20.
* I am a fan of the Punto's high speed manners - stability, ride quality & handling.
* Interior NVH is great, much better than the polo & even my innova.
* Rear legroom is terrible, space in the front is generous. its a two seater!
* Headlights could have been better.
* Even the horn could have been the European type like in the skodas & VWs!
* Accessing the USB in the glovebox is a pain. When playing songs through USB, the co-passenger cannot change the tracks. Its possible only through the steering wheel controls. bad idea! Even accessing folders in USB is a pain.
* Unlike what many say, cabin quality is good.
* Steering feel at high speeds is amazing.
* front seats are supremely comfortable.
* the car is a stunner. it looks a size bigger than the polo & is a beauty compared to the i20. thats just my personal opinion.

Till now, I love my car. I just hope I have a great & trouble free ownership experience with PINTU...
Old 23rd April 2011, 23:48   #102
BHPian

@raj_5004- Love your car! Anyways the punto is still the stunner of this segment. And yeah, love the way u call it "PINTU".
Naparajito is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2011, 17:43   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Gave the car to the A.S.S. for removing the paint spots from the glass. Its alright now.

* I can hear a small rattling from the left side, did not expect this from a FIAT.

Till now, I love my car. I just hope I have a great & trouble free ownership experience with PINTU...
If its from the front left near the door, it could be a HVAC pipe issue. I had same kinda rattling and its kinda common in Punto. AS* guys fixed it in no time, seems they are also trained on this
neoonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2011, 19:08   #104
BHPian

Quote:

* I am somehow used to the unenthusiastic response of the engine now. I have learnt to change the gears aptly to make good use of the speed!
* Both the ORVMs are great & offer good visibility, even the IRVM.
* Somehow the gearshift has not improved, it still feels vague & rubbery unlike the polo & i20.
* I am a fan of the Punto's high speed manners - stability, ride quality & handling.
* Interior NVH is great, much better than the polo & even my innova.
* Rear legroom is terrible, space in the front is generous. its a two seater!
* Headlights could have been better.
* Even the horn could have been the European type like in the skodas & VWs!
* Accessing the USB in the glovebox is a pain. When playing songs through USB, the co-passenger cannot change the tracks. Its possible only through the steering wheel controls. bad idea! Even accessing folders in USB is a pain.
* Unlike what many say, cabin quality is good.
* Steering feel at high speeds is amazing.
* front seats are supremely comfortable.
* the car is a stunner. it looks a size bigger than the polo & is a beauty compared to the i20. thats just my personal opinion.

I completely agree with each and every point you have written here. They stand very true to Punto.

The NVH will notably improve with time, gear shifts will get bad, little squeaks will continues to appear, ride quality will continue to be great, steering will remain top notch, rear seat leg space will continue to annoy, looks will never stop to amaze, the car will make you realize your money was well spent - some of my experience at 40,000km.
Old 26th April 2011, 20:40   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
If its from the front left near the door, it could be a HVAC pipe issue. I had same kinda rattling and its kinda common in Punto. AS* guys fixed it in no time, seems they are also trained on this
Spot on!

Oh ho, that means another trip to the ASC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
I completely agree with each and every point you have written here. They stand very true to Punto.

The NVH will notably improve with time, gear shifts will get bad, little squeaks will continues to appear, ride quality will continue to be great, steering will remain top notch, rear seat leg space will continue to annoy, looks will never stop to amaze, the car will make you realize your money was well spent - some of my experience at 40,000km.
Ohhh, So the gear shift will not improve with time!