Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 14th February 2011, 22:14   #31

Default Re: My new Honda Jazz

I personally wish to express my many thanks to all the BHPians. Thanks for all the replies. Some of you wanted more feedbacks on the car. Well here it is.

The car has covered 613 kms so far. What I particularly want to share about is the suspension related aspects. IMHO, it is an even balance between harshness and softness. This ride balance is amazing. It is neither too soft so that it wallows under nor is it hard like the i10.

I went over many pothole strewn and scarred roads of Chennai and I found out that at speeds of about 50kmph and less, it is soft and rides us in supreme comfort over all the bumps. The damping is excellent. At higher speeds, the ride over good roads gets progresssively smoother so that you get a feeling of gliding over but if you take the holes at speeds of 60kmph and more, it is hard (not harsh ) which what you expect.( This possibly helps to prevent scraping the chassis ) A good news is over the many roads with huge potholes I found no GC issues despite having the same GC as the ANHC.

I feel that the suspension smothers all road irregularities possibly because I have driven the i10 and the Verna and not the Punto. I did do a TD of Polo before I looked at the Jazz and Team-Bhp and IMHO, I found the Jazz to be better.

I got the First Free service call from Capital Honda even before a month got over. I have fixed 18th as the date for the 1st free service. More on that later
Jazzman18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2011, 10:50   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzman18 View Post

I went over many pothole strewn and scarred roads of Chennai and I found out that at speeds of about 50kmph and less, it is soft and rides us in supreme comfort over all the bumps. The damping is excellent. At higher speeds, the ride over good roads gets progresssively smoother so that you get a feeling of gliding over but if you take the holes at speeds of 60kmph and more, it is hard (not harsh ) which what you expect.( This possibly helps to prevent scraping the chassis ) A good news is over the many roads with huge potholes I found no GC issues despite having the same GC as the ANHC.
The wheelbase/weight of the jazz is less than that of the City. This and the differences in suspension probably result in negating GC issues. The shorter length and consequently lesser overhang could also have helped.
vivriti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2011, 11:01   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivriti View Post
The wheelbase/weight of the jazz is less than that of the City. This and the differences in suspension probably result in negating GC issues. The shorter length and consequently lesser overhang could also have helped.
That is true. the ANHC does scrape much more than Jazz. Wheelbase of Jazz is only 50 mm less, which helps but is not the major factor. The major factor is a stiffer and balanced suspension compared to ANHC which is much more softly sprung. Though ANHC has a a plusher ride at lower speeds, the Jazz provides more consistency over different raods and at higher speeds and also it does not scrape that easily.

Another huge added advantage of a stiffer suspension in jazz is that handles much better and can be easily thrown around corners as it has less body roll.
adimicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2011, 15:09   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzman18 View Post
Thanks a lot callvvijay,
It has been a pleasure to reply to you all. After all it is team-bhp that was responsible for our decision to go for the Jazz.

The Contact person for KL accessories is Mr. Satish. You may contact him at 9841058584. He will come in person, show the brochures on the seat covers that he has and arrange for the covers to be fitted at our own premises using professional fitters.
The GPS receiver was done through Capital Honda itself. The model No: is Vx240. The folks at Capital Honda did give me the contact number of the MapmyIndia personnel. It is a different Mr. Satish at 9841315927.

For any queries regarding the vehicle and its accessories your friend may contact Mr. Rajkumar of Capital Honda at 9677041511, they will be glad to help.
Thanks for the info, Jazzman!! As I already said, my friend (a non-member) after reading your post asked me to get this info from you. Btw, his name is also Sathish!!
callvvijay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2011, 19:10   #35
BHPian

Many congratulations on the new member in your family Jazzman18. The colour is awesome and the seat covers you have chosen go very well with it. A great choice.

Did you consider the Select version also (in comparison with X) or you had decided to go for top end only??

I am surprised that no discounts were offered, coz now a days Honda is running a campaign (TV ad) saying join the celebrations at a showroom near you. At a promotional event, I was told that they were offering flat 65K discount on 2010 model and 35K on 2011 model plus free insurance. someone else had also mentioned this in one of the posts on the forum.

Congratulations once again... enjoy many safe kilometres with your beauty
sukhoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2011, 17:04   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
COngrats Jazzman!
I know it's a bit late but still!

Awesome color - the best color for Jazz IMO!
I am surprised to know that there were no discounts offered. Though I liked the USB port in the Jazz X, I found out that the Jazz X was costlier than the Jazz Select by almost a lakh(after discounts) and hence went for the Select. Don't think the USB and some other small stuff is worth a lakh!
But I realize that you went with your heart rather than the head and believe me, you won't go wrong. Jazz is the best hatchback in the market and comparable or better than some C segment "sedans".

And I am glad to see the passion you have for your car - it just comes out through your posts!

Enjoy your beauty and keep sharing your experiences. Best of luck!
I don't think you have the correct information about the pricing. The difference between select and X is merely 25-30K which is very reasonable compared to the add-ons you get in 'X'. The most important being the Seat height adjustment,USB and sporty front spoiler and rear tail gate spoiler to name a few. If you inquire about purchasing these add-ons separately,easily shoots the budget by 40K.
whysoserious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2011, 10:26   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
I don't think you have the correct information about the pricing. The difference between select and X is merely 25-30K which is very reasonable compared to the add-ons you get in 'X'. The most important being the Seat height adjustment,USB and sporty front spoiler and rear tail gate spoiler to name a few. If you inquire about purchasing these add-ons separately,easily shoots the budget by 40K.
Hi whysoserious,

The difference in terms of on-road price between the Select and the X may be 25-30k, but the actual difference is MUCH larger thanks to the generous discounts being offered on the Select and the base models which is inexplicably not available on the X.

They are giving a straight 60k discount on the Select, and throwing in a couple of accessories for free too (sun film, reverse parking sensors). Like Jazzman18 has pointed out, you can spec up the Select to almost end up like the X, and the only really significant things you'd end up missing out on are the USB port and the height adjust.

Speccing up the Select. An Example:

Spoiler - 6k approx
Body kit - 10k (after a 6k discount. Forgot what its called. Active or something)
Fog lamps - 15k (this one beats me. I find it too expensive)

TOTAL - 31k approx

Jazz Select (at 8.20 lacs after discount) + 31k (accessories) = 8.51 lacs.

Jazz X = Rs. 9.26 lacs (NO discounts)

Clearly, the difference is still substantial for the additional goodies in the X (height adjust, different seat and interior trim, darker shade of alloys, and the USB).

NOTE: All the prices above are as quoted by the dealers here in Bangalore.
Pyrotek is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2011, 10:35   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
Buddy, I have spent more number of hours than the number of minutes most people spend on buying/choosing a car and getting a deal.

You need to read carefully what I said. The jazz Select is available at huge discounts whereas Jazz X does not have anything substantial.
That's why the huge difference of 1 Lac in the OTR price.
Also, you can bargain for some freebies like spoiler etc (which I got).
Yes, I miss the USB, boot light and the seat height adjustment but are those worth almost a lac rupees? Not worth IMO.

Agree with whatever said by @Pyrotek

If Jazz X is offered at similar discounts, then it is a better choice.
Old 18th March 2011, 23:35   #39
BHPian

Hi Jazzman18,
First of all congratulations for owing the jazzy red Jazz. I learned from your posts that you are getting something 14.5-15 kmpl in city with fulltime ac. Does these numbers improve with ac OFF, have you tried anything like that?
One more query, what about the highway mileage? The company claims an average 16.7 under standard conditions. Have you beat this number ever?
iSpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2011, 10:13   #40
Senior - BHPian

Current offers in Pune for Jazz:
Jazz Select (mid version): 8.2 onroad. Discount Rs. 55K
Jazz X (top end): 8.6 onroad. Discount Rs. 35K

Old stock lying around. Discounts will be higher for these (Jan, Feb manufactured cars).
Active Kit is around 30K extra. Mode Kit is around 20K extra.
All figures are approximate. I do not have the hard copy with me.
If someone is interested in a group booking, let me know.
S_U_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2011, 10:51   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpoke View Post
Hi Jazzman18,
First of all congratulations for owing the jazzy red Jazz. I learned from your posts that you are getting something 14.5-15 kmpl in city with fulltime ac. Does these numbers improve with ac OFF, have you tried anything like that?
One more query, what about the highway mileage? The company claims an average 16.7 under standard conditions. Have you beat this number ever?
Its very easy to beat this number on highway runs.
I am getting 15+ kmpl in city with 100% AC in moderate traffic and sensible driving ( not slow ).
In highway drives, 18-19 kmpl should be easily possible as I have noticed in the drives to and from the airport.
Not much experience with AC off but it improves by 1 kmpl as far as I remember.
Old 6th July 2011, 13:08   #42
BHPian

Jazzman's mentioned that there's no way you can haggle with Honda! True, in January, but believe me, you can now!

I'm lookin fr a Jazz and they've already offered 62k discount,with further negotiations possible! Will keep updating!
Geo_Ipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2011, 13:28   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Jazzman's mentioned that there's no way you can haggle with Honda! True, in January, but believe me, you can now!

I'm lookin fr a Jazz and they've already offered 62k discount,with further negotiations possible! Will keep updating!
Well, a couple of petrol hikes can have a lot of impact! In fact, there is a separate thread around that discusses the impact on Honda sales charts and their reactions, especially as they dont have a diesel mill as part of their Indian line up.

Fellow bhpian mdsaab has had similar experience while buying his City. I am sure you will find them more flexible these days than January.
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2011, 14:51   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Well, a couple of petrol hikes can have a lot of impact! In fact, there is a separate thread around that discusses the impact on Honda sales charts and their reactions, especially as they dont have a diesel mill as part of their Indian line up.

Fellow bhpian mdsaab has had similar experience while buying his City. I am sure you will find them more flexible these days than January.
Jazz Select in Cochin is 7,40000/- plus freebies. I am sure you may find better deals in other cities.
charthom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2011, 14:56   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Jazz Select in Cochin is 7,40000/- plus freebies. I am sure you may find better deals in other cities.
Thanks charthom, I already have one! I think you intended to quote Geo_Ipe? He is the one looking out for deals
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote