Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 6th July 2011, 21:42   #46
BHPian

Default Re: My new Honda Jazz

Congrats on getting to own Jazz !! The color looks awesome and so does the gun metal alloys (am I right ??). I was to have bought Jazz but due to varying reasons over a fairly long period of time, I have not yet bought a vehicle. But Jazz is a very strong contender. And your post is going to come in very handy (so will Adimicra's thread). Keep us posted of your experiences. And yes, you are right, the initial price that one pays is not an expense but an investment in peace of mind. At least, that is how I look at it.

Wishing you Happy and Safe drives !!
aaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2011, 13:03   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Jazz Select in Cochin is 7,40000/- plus freebies. I am sure you may find better deals in other cities.
Thanks guys! I've been enquiring in Kottayam. Read a post where someone in Ahmedabad was quoted 7.22 OTR for the Jazz Select. Looking for some deal similar.
Geo_Ipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2011, 14:17   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Ipe View Post
Thanks guys! I've been enquiring in Kottayam. Read a post where someone in Ahmedabad was quoted 7.22 OTR for the Jazz Select. Looking for some deal similar.
Hi Geo,
Negotiate with Kottayam and Cochin guys,and see who gives you the best deal. After taking delivery of the car,upgrade to bigger alloys and tyres,it will give the best comfort.
Ramesh
Rameshdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2011, 14:29   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
Hi Geo,
Negotiate with Kottayam and Cochin guys,and see who gives you the best deal. After taking delivery of the car,upgrade to bigger alloys and tyres,it will give the best comfort.
Ramesh
@Ramesh; I am planning to do this 'shortly'. Have you already upsized the alloys in your Jazz? If so, what are the specs and how is it going? I appreciate your feedback before going in for the same.
Does it improve the GC too? What about wheel well scraping - any instances?
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2011, 16:30   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
@Ramesh; I am planning to do this 'shortly'. Have you already upsized the alloys in your Jazz? If so, what are the specs and how is it going? I appreciate your feedback before going in for the same.
Does it improve the GC too? What about wheel well scraping - any instances?
Hi Selfdrive,
I upgraded the wheel and tyres about one and a half years back. I upgraded 15" alloys and morangoni tyres. The drive is very smooth. The GC is better,scraped only once,but there almost all cars too. I had posted the photo in" show off your alloys".
Ramesh
Rameshdude is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2011, 22:51   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Selfdrive,
I upgraded the wheel and tyres about one and a half years back. I upgraded 15" alloys and morangoni tyres. The drive is very smooth. The GC is better,scraped only once,but there almost all cars too. I had posted the photo in" show off your alloys".
Ramesh
Jazz comes with 15" wheels as standard and Select comes with alloys. What do you mean by upgrading to 15" alloys? Or do you mean 16"? Kindly explain.

Also, what is the tire size you have chosen? Going for a much wider tire with lower profile will make the already stiff ride quality even more harsh thought it will improve the handling (grip). But, comfort will be lower. You seem to have a wrong notion of bigger tires=better comfort. Read through some of the threads in the 'Technical Stuff' of TBHP for better understanding.
Also, do you find any noticeable difference in the steering?
adimicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2011, 08:30   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Jazz comes with 15" wheels as standard and Select comes with alloys. What do you mean by upgrading to 15" alloys? Or do you mean 16"? Kindly explain.

Also, what is the tire size you have chosen? Going for a much wider tire with lower profile will make the already stiff ride quality even more harsh thought it will improve the handling (grip). But, comfort will be lower. You seem to have a wrong notion of bigger tires=better comfort. Read through some of the threads in the 'Technical Stuff' of TBHP for better understanding.
Also, do you find any noticeable difference in the steering?
Hi Adimicra,
Sorry,I meant 16" alloys. I did the upgrade immediately after taking delivery of the car,so I can't comment on the difference in steering. I shall check on the tyre size and revert back soon(upgraded about 15 months back) . The road grip is definitely good.
Ramesh
Rameshdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2011, 11:55   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Quote:
Sorry,I meant 16" alloys. I did the upgrade immediately after taking delivery of the car,so I can't comment on the difference in steering. I shall check on the tyre size and revert back soon(upgraded about 15 months back) . The road grip is definitely good.
Ramesh
Thanks adimicra for asking a question I intended to ask, and rameshdude for answering it.

The current set on my ride is 175/65 R15 and when I move to alloys I might as well consider upgrading the size if feedback is good. I dont want to compromise on either comfort or handling.
Tyres have been decided as Michelin XM1; size will depend on alloys but not comfortable going for thicker ones.
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2011, 12:18   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks adimicra for asking a question I intended to ask, and rameshdude for answering it.

The current set on my ride is 175/65 R15 and when I move to alloys I might as well consider upgrading the size if feedback is good. I dont want to compromise on either comfort or handling.
Tyres have been decided as Michelin XM1; size will depend on alloys but not comfortable going for thicker ones.
Selfdrive, I have Michelins on my Jazz as factory fitted ones and I can vouch that they are very good tires for the money (I had them on my Santro as well) - good balance between grip and comfort.

I am very cautious about upsizing the tires (upgrading to Michelins in the smae size is fine). The main reason is - I think it will make the ride more harsh. I don't want to compromise on comfort. Currently, I am happy with the handling of the car. So, not thinking of upsizing my tires any time soon.

Quote:
I dont want to compromise on either comfort or handling. .
As far as I understand, you have to compromise on something.
For me, as I have told, I wont compromise on the comfort and hence lower profile tires are ruled out for me at this moment.

These are the options for Jazz -
In 15" size,
185/60 R 15 and
195/60 R 15

In 16" size,
185/55 R 16.

Anything with more width and lower profile is just too much and impractical in my opinion. Something like a 205/50R16 will be an overkill. If you upgrade, my advise will be 195/60 R15.

Hope it helps. By the way, do keep us posted if you get the boot lamp/LED fixed

Last edited by adimicra : 8th July 2011 at 12:24.
adimicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2012, 21:10   #55

Hello All,

Sorry for making you guys wait sooo long. A lot of things have happened in the meantime. It is now slightly more than a year since my purchase and the car was only used for domestic and academic commuting. The loads of cubby holes and the 'magic seats' was appreciated during domestic use and the significant boot space was a boon for academic commuting. Long distance rides was only till Thiruporur, Thoraipakkam and other areas around OMR.

So my experience so far is not as in depth as others here.
Still here are a few of my own.

The car has covered 3564 Kms. ( yes not even 5000! and I will tell the reasons later )
It still runs exactly the same as when it was new, however. The smoothness and quietness remains the same.

I get a minimum FE of 12 kmpl. No GC issues so far.The low end torque is slightly weak necessitating change to 1st gear in crawling traffic. This doesn't impact the FE or the smoothess though. Quite a bit of accelerator input is required to continue to use 2nd in extremely low speed traffic. The outside clearance is excellent considering the glass area, which also makes the car very hot if parked in the hot sun. The HVAC is excellent offering excellent cooling in a matter of minutes

The 3 free services and one paid service is over. The quality of the service is top notch with Driver pick up which is a boon to us since Capital Honda is in Meenambakkam, quite a distance from our place.

Beware, Honda collects Rs. 900- Rs. 1000 in free service also so the service is not really Free!
There are some good points as well in their service. They did a touch up free of cost in the paid service ( ironical to the above isn't it? ) The touch up included applying rallye red paint to a small but hideous scar left after a cycle wallah smashed into the back of my car while I was waiting at a signal.

I will post pictures and other experiences later when I get the time.
Jazzman18 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2012, 14:01   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzman18 View Post
Beware, Honda collects Rs. 900- Rs. 1000 in free service also so the service is not really Free!
very true. Even i paid close to RS 1100/- during my second free service, but it’s for Consumables like Oil .I think it’s usually the case even when you ask for oil change during free service of your bike and you will be charged for the Oil.

I have a few questions though,
1) How are you filling air in your spare tyre ,It’s a real pain because the tyre is upside down with the nozzle facing the floor of the boot?
2) Is there any spot in the boot where the safety triangle can be placed, mine is just on the boot floor and every time i take a turn it hits the boot side wall, which is really irritating.
Wall-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2012, 21:39   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall-e View Post
I have a few questions though,
1) How are you filling air in your spare tyre ,Itís a real pain because the tyre is upside down with the nozzle facing the floor of the boot?
2) Is there any spot in the boot where the safety triangle can be placed, mine is just on the boot floor and every time i take a turn it hits the boot side wall, which is really irritating.
Yes, they charge the said amount for oil. Couldn't they change the oil after 5000 kms have been run?
I don't fill the spare tyre at all. I have asked the dealer to check the pressure for the spare every 6 months. I check air pressure only for the other tyres every month or two. It is our practice to check the pressure on the spare only before a long trip.
The safety triangle is on the floor above the spare wheel. I haven't found any issues with it hitting the side wall. You may try to keep it on the spare or to the side of the wheel well where there is a gap or between the spare and the jack.
By the way have you been receiving calls recently to have the car for a checkup every 3 months instead of the usual 6 months?
Jazzman18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2012, 01:17   #58
BHPian

I'am still in free service period and i've not yet come to regular maintenance schedule.For the first two free service i didn't receive any call i just went after 1 month completion and 3 months completion.
Wall-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2012, 21:11   #59

Dear Petrolheads,

Here are a few more photos that I said I would post. It's slightly more than a year since my purchase and I am extremely sorry that I couldn't respond to some of you sooner or post the feedback on a more regular basis. I'm a CA student and life of one is tough you know.

However, there was nothing to give feedback on as the car is excellent and feels like a vehicle of one class higher (real premium). It's a tribute to Honda Engineers that the vehicle feels new, runs smoothly, provides excellent comfort and pliant ride to all the occupants and offers driving pleasure like when it was new.
Attached Thumbnails
My new Honda Jazz-20122011091.jpg  

My new Honda Jazz-20122011085.jpg  

My new Honda Jazz-20122011077.jpg  

My new Honda Jazz-20122011080.jpg  

My new Honda Jazz-01032011049.jpg  

My new Honda Jazz-20122011086.jpg  

Jazzman18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 17:54   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzman18 View Post
I get a minimum FE of 12 kmpl.
That is also not bad considering our traffic conditions and driving patterns . Just wanted to know that what was the average highway FE figure you got?
db0009 is offline   Reply With Quote