Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 20th February 2011, 18:42   #31
BHPian

Default Re: My Mahindra Xylo E8 Musings

I have only 2 dealers and both gives the same answer. Also, any idea about the cost difference?
mail4loys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2011, 20:39   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4loys View Post
We just booked Xylo E8 top model (black colour) yesterday and the delear in Chennai said it would be 10.5L OTR. Is it 1L difference from Chennai and Pune? And did you get any discounts? The dealer here said there is absolutely no discounts. He was like "We dont give any discounts as the demand is high! and if want discount go to other dealers "!
I did get a 50K end of year cash discount. Additionally, I didn't buy the additional warranty which was worth another 10.5K. Tell me what is the ex-showroom he is offering you. I am suspecting they might have jacked the ex-showroom price itself in the new year.
pawann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2011, 21:02   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawann View Post
I did get a 50K end of year cash discount. Additionally, I didn't buy the additional warranty which was worth another 10.5K. Tell me what is the ex-showroom he is offering you. I am suspecting they might have jacked the ex-showroom price itself in the new year.
congrats for the Xylo, indeed a good buy. I have a White-E6. At my time of buying, they gave me 50% disc on Insurance and Free Extended Warranty - I think that would be equivalent of your disc! I'ld surely recommend getting the Extended Warranty.
pcpranav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2011, 04:36   #34
BHPian

Hi
Congratulations on your new buy. I too own a xylo. You have written a very nice review. I dont think ingress, regress is difficult as both my parents and my better half had not complained regarding this. Actually i think the second row seats are better suited in xylo rather than the scorpio. If you think the A pillars are thick and obstruct your view you should take a test drive to SX4. I do agree its irritating but you just have to be a bit careful in the turnings. I have not had a issue with reversing. But once ran into a over hanging branch which was totally my mistake. Engaging the gears were smooth and my wife is able to drive the car without any issue. I can confirm that on highways the car gives me a mileage of 13 to 14kmpl. All the best to add many more miles to your car. Cheers
drrajasaravanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2011, 19:30   #35

Post Re: My Mahindra Xylo E8 Musings

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
congrats for the Xylo, indeed a good buy. I have a White-E6. At my time of buying, they gave me 50% disc on Insurance and Free Extended Warranty - I think that would be equivalent of your disc! I'ld surely recommend getting the Extended Warranty.
My opinion on this is slightly different. My understanding is that only manufacturing defects are covered under extended warranty and I can't imagine what kind of 'manufacturing defects' would one discover after 2 yrs? So I personally think it's a waste.

Another question for fellow Xyloners - Has anybody tried going with a nitrogen filling instead of air? Any opinions on that?
Old 21st February 2011, 22:30   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Another question for fellow Xyloners - Has anybody tried going with a nitrogen filling instead of air? Any opinions on that?
I am not keen on N2 for tires but did ask couple of people including the local N2 guy. The opinion was to not to get it done for heavy vehicles since general air loss is more in their case.
mmxylorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2011, 09:08   #37
BHPian

Quote:
I'll post the complete information today. Also you got the discount because it was an year end?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
I am not keen on N2 for tires but did ask couple of people including the local N2 guy. The opinion was to not to get it done for heavy vehicles since general air loss is more in their case.
I thought one of the characteristics of N2 is retaining air pressure. Is it for something other reason that they are not suggestion N2?
mail4loys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2011, 10:04   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4loys View Post
I thought one of the characteristics of N2 is retaining air pressure. Is it for something other reason that they are not suggestion N2?
The N2 filler guy pointed out the fact that most people with bigger vehicles will take a rough road often, driver over potholes at faster speed than cars. That will put a strain on tires. N2 will escape through a weak point in the rim/tire - which are inherently there. Now N2 fill stations are not that common so you would top up with regular air - making the original N2 fill redundant.

Like I said - I am not a fan of N2 and have invested in a 12V air compressor for my air needs
Old 13th March 2011, 10:16   #39

Post Re: My Mahindra Xylo E8 Musings

The popularity of Xylo seems to be on the rise and I notice the number of Xylos on the road has gone up significantly though I have to admit that half of them are taxis. But what is surprising is that the popularity of Xylo on these forums remains low. You see a very few Xylo threads compared to Safari/Scorpio.
Old 30th April 2011, 01:11   #40
BHPian

so true, Xylo is written in selected thread only. would it make sense to start a new thread to discuss about Xylo - esp on maintenance, issues & solutions, tips etc.
pcpranav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2011, 19:55   #41
BHPian

Have shared one observation related to the AC odometer here http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...nditioner.html (Mahindra Xylo : Odometer showing distance traveled with air-conditioner)

Others can add to this list and we can get the thread title changed appropriately.