Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2011, 12:40   #31
Team-BHP Support
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 8,665
Thanked: 9,189 Times
Default Re: My Gleaming Black Skoda Fabia 1.2 TDi CR

Hey pajero4me, congrats on the new baby and congrats on the new baby!

Black looks delectable. And you did the right thing by stretching your budget. I did the same thing back when I bought my first car, went for Accent instead of Santro and my Dad played Samaritan like your brother did for you. It's all about loving your family, eh?

Enjoy the new beauty- did I read that right? 4.3 lit /100 km, that's 23.25kmpl. Can't be, right?
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2011, 15:07   #32
BHPian
 
theoriginal9321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lucknow, UP
Posts: 111
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: My Gleaming Black Skoda Fabia 1.2 TDi CR

looks amazing! can you comment on the rear ac vents please? Thanks
theoriginal9321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2011, 16:32   #33
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 360
Thanked: 115 Times
Default Re: My Gleaming Black Skoda Fabia 1.2 TDi CR

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajero4me View Post

First filling - 16Km/L (90%Bangalore Traffic+10%open roads+100%AC)
second Filling -16.3Km/L (80%Bangalore Traffic+20%open roads+100%AC)
Third Filling - 16.6 (80%Bangalore Traffic+20%open roads+100%AC)
Fourth Filling - 16.7(80%Bangalore Traffic+20%open roads+100%AC)
These numbers really look too good, since I'm aware of the terrific (oops, i meant traffic) conditions out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
@pajero4me: im still evaluating my options in no hurry so lets wait and see. if i do get the fabia will let you know so we can exchange notes. thanks again.
Same boat, M00M. I too am awestruck by the New Fabia and probably thats the reason I haven't brought it! These A.S.S keeps me confused all the time, you can understand my situation, its gonna be my first!
iSpoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2011, 09:12   #34
BHPian
 
pajero4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 87
Thanked: 114 Times
Default Re: My Gleaming Black Skoda Fabia 1.2 TDi CR

Quote:
Originally Posted by camchennai View Post
Congratulation Pajero on your Fabia.

Car looks awesome and nice pictures.
How many rear AC vents does it has?? Is it throwing some good air?? I see that vent is so small that it would accumulate dust on it, does it cool only your feet??
I see that discount part is missing in your price breakup, please update.
15.4% road tax is way too much for a small car!!!
Thank you camchennai.
It has two vents under the two front sets.Air flows through it when AC Vent control Knob is selected to a position that has 'feet' also involved.In normal flow positions ,these rear vents are shut.IMHO these vents are a nuisance than boon as it freezes just one's toes
Yeah I missed the discount part. I got 10K as corporate dicount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Congratulations on the Car, its sweet & wicked (due to the black color) at the same time.
How I wish that Skoda came with all bells & whistles in their newer (fresher) models along with the required engine change.
It isn't cheap even now, but you got to pay for Quality.
Manually adjustable ORVM's and no rear-wash wipe are a deal breaker IMHO.
Wishing you miles happiness with your prized possession
Thank you sheel.
Even IMO it was too cheapo for them to remove OVRMs and Rear wash wipe from a premium car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Hey pajero4me, congrats on the new baby and congrats on the new baby!

Black looks delectable. And you did the right thing by stretching your budget. I did the same thing back when I bought my first car, went for Accent instead of Santro and my Dad played Samaritan like your brother did for you. It's all about loving your family, eh?
Enjoy the new beauty- did I read that right? 4.3 lit /100 km, that's 23.25kmpl. Can't be, right?
Thank you noopster.
Difference here is, if it was Dad I could have armtwisted him into writing off the loan .

Yeah you read it right. 4.3L/100 Km and i've seen this mutiple times in the MFD.Next time i see that figure,i'll photograph and post it for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoriginal9321 View Post
looks amazing! can you comment on the rear ac vents please? Thanks
Thank you theoriginal9321.
I've commented on the AC vents in this same post.
pajero4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2011, 10:39   #35
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chennai, India
Posts: 243
Thanked: 74 Times
Default Re: My Gleaming Black Skoda Fabia 1.2 TDi CR

Quote:
Thank you camchennai.
It has two vents under the two front sets.Air flows through it when AC Vent control Knob is selected to a position that has 'feet' also involved.In normal flow positions ,these rear vents are shut.IMHO these vents are a nuisance than boon as it freezes just one's toes
These vents at feet level are more useful when heating is on. During my days in the US, I usually shut down the feet level vents when A/C is used for cooling and opened them up when heating is on. Sometimes I used to shut down the upper vents and keep only the lower ones open during heating mode.

For usage in typical Indian conditions, it would be better to have rear vents at a higher level or at least angled to blow up.
vivriti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2011, 19:06   #36
BHPian
 
theoriginal9321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lucknow, UP
Posts: 111
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: My Gleaming Black Skoda Fabia 1.2 TDi CR

Can we please have more pictures of your car? Looks stunning in black!
theoriginal9321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2011, 21:45   #37
BHPian
 
guha_2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 57
Thanked: 64 Times
Default Re: My Gleaming Black Skoda Fabia 1.2 TDi CR

Quote:
And Finally my Empty Wallet after all this:
Attachment 500553
Thats a good one, let's pray that maintenance doesn't make our purses emptier

Looks like you got it from Vinayak too, good pictures there!
guha_2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2011, 22:46   #38
Senior - BHPian
 
W.A.G.7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,095
Thanked: 717 Times
Lightbulb Re: My Gleaming Black Skoda Fabia 1.2 TDi CR

That's a nice review. And a great looking car. And anyways, looking at the skyrocketing price of petrol per litre, I think these days going for a diesel car is a wise decision!
W.A.G.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2011, 18:31   #39
BHPian
 
shivir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 83
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: My Gleaming Black Skoda Fabia 1.2 TDi CR

Congratulations on the Black Fabia. I think black works really well for the car and would have done black myself if I wasnt so obsessed with red cars!

I did drive the 1.2 TD when I was shopping around for the right hatch and thought it was a pretty enjoyable drive and was good in traffic too. I finally settled on the 1.6 since it gave me a little more power on tap and a lot more fun on the road. I agree with the skimping on the kit, but my thought is that they skimped on it to make this affordable and genuine VFM. So its really a trade off for the Indian buyer. But they could have done a better stereo with steering controllers for sure!

But all in all agree with your assessment - great car to drive and pretty frugal too. Now for the great mystery of Skoda India's After sales. I hope they improve like they show signs of doing.
shivir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2011, 20:00   #40
BHPian
 
Cesc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philly, Gurgaon
Posts: 629
Thanked: 251 Times
Default Re: My Gleaming Black Skoda Fabia 1.2 TDi CR

Congratulations on your car. IMO Fabia is an excellent choice.

O boy - another member of the fairer sex going ga ga over the key fob. I remember the time I got my Octy L&K (2005 model). What did wifey find best in it? - the sunroof, passenger visor with mirror and light and yes - the almighty key fobs . That was half a decade ago and I must admit even I found the key fob quite a cool thing back then.

Good writeup. Liked the photographs - esp. the last one with the empty wallet
Cesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2011, 20:42   #41
BHPian
 
pajero4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 87
Thanked: 114 Times
Default Re: My Gleaming Black Skoda Fabia 1.2 TDi CR

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivir View Post
Congratulations on the Black Fabia. I think black works really well for the car and would have done black myself if I wasnt so obsessed with red cars!

I did drive the 1.2 TD when I was shopping around for the right hatch and thought it was a pretty enjoyable drive and was good in traffic too. I finally settled on the 1.6 since it gave me a little more power on tap and a lot more fun on the road. I agree with the skimping on the kit, but my thought is that they skimped on it to make this affordable and genuine VFM. So its really a trade off for the Indian buyer. But they could have done a better stereo with steering controllers for sure!

But all in all agree with your assessment - great car to drive and pretty frugal too. Now for the great mystery of Skoda India's After sales. I hope they improve like they show signs of doing.
Thanks shivir.
In complete agreement with whatever you said here (6'3 and a baseball bat in boot is a deadly combination,so no arguments at all )

Believe me the A.S.S is improving greatly here(Touch wood).Partly because of competition, partly because spares are more localised and easily available and with increased volume its slowly becoming viable for the dealers.For example a clutch plate which used to be imported from Prauge and costed 35K is localised now and costs 16K.
pajero4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2011, 21:45   #42
BHPian
 
pajero4me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 87
Thanked: 114 Times
Default Re: My Gleaming Black Skoda Fabia 1.2 TDi CR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
Congratulations on your car. IMO Fabia is an excellent choice.

O boy - another member of the fairer sex going ga ga over the key fob. I remember the time I got my Octy L&K (2005 model). What did wifey find best in it? - the sunroof, passenger visor with mirror and light and yes - the almighty key fobs . That was half a decade ago and I must admit even I found the key fob quite a cool thing back then.

Good writeup. Liked the photographs - esp. the last one with the empty wallet
Ha ha this can't be true.Same here.. Vanity mirror with slide open is the best of german engineering that met my wife's eyes .

Hey octavia was my dream car for which i did a cult following.Finally when i started earning and could afford one, the model sadly died a natural death.My heart still skips a beat whenever i see one.Meanwhile hows you L&K doing in terms of maintainance and health ?
pajero4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2011, 22:05   #43
Distinguished - BHPian
 
vb-san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: S'pore/Thrissur
Posts: 4,686
Thanked: 3,851 Times
Default Re: My Gleaming Black Skoda Fabia 1.2 TDi CR

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajero4me View Post
Hey octavia was my dream car for which i did a cult following.Finally when i started earning and could afford one, the model sadly died a natural death.My heart still skips a beat whenever i see one.
Well friend, you cannot really say that the Octavia had a natural death. Infact the new version of Octavia is what we get as Laura in India. So you can still chase your dream
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2011, 12:51   #44
BHPian
 
shivir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 83
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: My Gleaming Black Skoda Fabia 1.2 TDi CR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
Congratulations on your car. IMO Fabia is an excellent choice.

O boy - another member of the fairer sex going ga ga over the key fob. I remember the time I got my Octy L&K (2005 model). What did wifey find best in it? - the sunroof, passenger visor with mirror and light and yes - the almighty key fobs . That was half a decade ago and I must admit even I found the key fob quite a cool thing back then.

Good writeup. Liked the photographs - esp. the last one with the empty wallet
I think the Key fob is pretty cool - and I wanted one of them nice keys on the new ride. Im sick and tired of ugly keys and remotes because all my nice keychains lay unused! So now I have a key chain - Plus when you take it out somewhere, people think its for a Superb - which is kinda cool.

@Pajero4me - I hope what youre saying on the After Sales is true and happening across the country. Else I guess it will be me swinging the baseball bat and knocking off heads!
shivir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2011, 13:24   #45
BHPian
 
Cesc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Philly, Gurgaon
Posts: 629
Thanked: 251 Times
Default Re: My Gleaming Black Skoda Fabia 1.2 TDi CR

Quote:
Originally Posted by pajero4me View Post
Meanwhile hows you L&K doing in terms of maintainance and health ?
The car is doing great (touchwood). I have always got her serviced on time and used Shell Helix Ultra for the engine and am reaping the rewards. The engine still hasn't lost any punch and she is a great performer both on highways and in city. I thought of selling her last year but at the time the thought arose I had to go to a friend's marriage in Punjab. A 800 km round trip of which 400 kms were of excellent quality road. On my way back I really pushed her - she responded by doing 180 kms in 1 hr 55 mins with a top speed of 180. Came back home, looked at her and thought 'Sell her? Are you nuts?' I am now contemplating giving her a nice performance mod job. Stocking up so that after the mod job my wallet doesn't end up like yours in the last pic

A Skoda is for keeps - if you take good care of her that is. IMO Octy and Fabia are the least troublesome models from Skoda. I wish you enjoy years of troublefree ownership with your car.

@shivir I wish the same for you as well. And I seriously hope that you don't need to tee off with that baseball bat buddy.

Last edited by Cesc : 17th February 2011 at 13:26.
Cesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
6 lakhs to repair Skoda Fabia engine. EDIT: Owner sells Fabia as scrap! zombiedriver Technical Stuff 234 27th July 2016 16:32
My Black Knight - Vento TDI Black. The saga after 1500 kms ambivalent_98 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 46 8th November 2012 15:29
Diesel Hatch - Considering the New Skoda Fabia Diesel 1.2 TDI kunaalsaigal Hatchbacks 34 1st June 2011 18:31


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:51.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks