Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2011, 19:42   #16
BHPian
 
Mr.Beat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 336
Thanked: 122 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat LT (Petrol) : 4000 Kms Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravikn View Post
Congratulations on the purchase. Nice review and pictures. Beat really looks nice in this color. have seen many of them on bengaluru roads. Please do update us on your ownership experience and mileage after the 2/3 service.
Thanks a lot ravikn , i will surely keep updating regularly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Congratulations love the futuristic sporty looks of the beat. It definately is a looker. Love the colour.Wishing you many miles of joyful motoring with your green beauty. Drive safe!
Nice interesting story there mdsaab, thanks a lot and do let us know if you buy one.
Mr.Beat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2011, 12:04   #17
BHPian
 
alstonlobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mangalore
Posts: 477
Thanked: 98 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat LT (Petrol) : 4000 Kms Report

Congrats Mr.Beat, welcome to the Beat club! From my one year of owning and driving this car, it feels a new day everyday to take this car for a spin!
alstonlobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2011, 12:24   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
Reinhard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,121
Thanked: 1,195 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat LT (Petrol) : 4000 Kms Report

Hey Mr.Beat, wonder how I missed your thread there. Welcome to TBHP and hearty congratulations on the aggressive little kid - or should I say Transformer? Definitely a good choice. With a good powerful engine, the car also has suprisingly huge cabin space and feature list. The steering is also well setup. NOM, but I'd pick her above any Maruti / Hyundai any day if I wanted a petrol car. Good VFM package of sorts.

BTW, which part of the heaven do you live in?? Nice place. I suspect its Kharghar?

Keep the updates coming, and some high-res pics regularly too
Wishing you unlimited safe and happy miles with the new car.

Cheers.
Reinhard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2011, 13:33   #19
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Noida, Gurgaon
Posts: 438
Thanked: 128 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat LT (Petrol) : 4000 Kms Report

Hey Mr Beat Congrats for a great review. I am eagerly awaiting for some review on Beat's new much reported smart-tech Engine. Haven't heard its performance or fuel efficiency at all.
anu21v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2011, 16:44   #20
BHPian
 
vasanthn21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 745
Thanked: 303 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat LT (Petrol) : 4000 Kms Report

nice write up.

I hope Ford realizes how they are losing customers on account of bad service (and this is the state before a sale!).

I always felt Chevy Spark was undervalued in Indian market, especially with the 3 yr free service offer.

Beat makes up for the looks and the increased power is also a plus.

I was holding back on suggesting Beat to a friend, now I will do it
vasanthn21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2011, 17:36   #21
BHPian
 
Mafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BLR MCT
Posts: 427
Thanked: 50 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat LT (Petrol) : 4000 Kms Report

Congrats Mr.Beat! welcome to the 'up' beat club! I had a similar experience and surprisingly enough we have test driven the same cars!

wonderful FE you are achieveing! great going!
Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2011, 06:52   #22
BHPian
 
Mr.Beat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 336
Thanked: 122 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat LT (Petrol) : 4000 Kms Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by alstonlobo View Post
Congrats Mr.Beat, welcome to the Beat club! From my one year of owning and driving this car, it feels a new day everyday to take this car for a spin!
The car is very much inviting, she makes you wanna drive her in the middle of the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Hey Mr.Beat, wonder how I missed your thread there. Welcome to TBHP and hearty congratulations on the aggressive little kid - or should I say Transformer? Definitely a good choice. With a good powerful engine, the car also has suprisingly huge cabin space and feature list. The steering is also well setup. NOM, but I'd pick her above any Maruti / Hyundai any day if I wanted a petrol car. Good VFM package of sorts.

BTW, which part of the heaven do you live in?? Nice place. I suspect its Kharghar?

Keep the updates coming, and some high-res pics regularly too
Wishing you unlimited safe and happy miles with the new car.

Cheers.
Thanks a lot, it is a place near to Kharghar called Seawoods famous for the Palm beach road running along its periphery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu21v View Post
Hey Mr Beat Congrats for a great review. I am eagerly awaiting for some review on Beat's new much reported smart-tech Engine. Haven't heard its performance or fuel efficiency at all.
Thanks, there will not be much difference. I believe it is the same engine with localised components.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
nice write up.

I hope Ford realizes how they are losing customers on account of bad service (and this is the state before a sale!).

I always felt Chevy Spark was undervalued in Indian market, especially with the 3 yr free service offer.

Beat makes up for the looks and the increased power is also a plus.

I was holding back on suggesting Beat to a friend, now I will do it
Thanks, let us know if your friend got one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
Congrats Mr.Beat! welcome to the 'up' beat club! I had a similar experience and surprisingly enough we have test driven the same cars!

wonderful FE you are achieveing! great going!
Thanks a lot mafia , did not get your point regarding same cars.
Mr.Beat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2011, 19:59   #23
BHPian
 
Mr.Beat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 336
Thanked: 122 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat LT (Petrol) : 4000 Kms Report

UPDATE:

I am home for the week and thorught today drove her for around 100 odd kms. After everything was done, just right now filled the petrol and noted the trip meter reading to get the fuel effiency. One thing to note is that this is after the remap.

Total Kms: 300.4
Total fuel added: 1200 Rupees @ 62.18 Rs/Ltr which comes to around 19.30 Ltr
Fuel Economy: 15.6 kms/Ltr
Driving conditions: Strictly city with 100% Auto A/C on at 18 C


I also noticed how much the car has opened up after the remap and 1st service. On Palm Beach Road ( Navi Mumbaikars must be aware) i could overtake vehicles with so much easy which was not possible earlier. The gear shift also is much more easier to use and slots in perfectly.
Mr.Beat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 18:49   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
oxyzen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Not fixed.
Posts: 1,026
Thanked: 265 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat LT (Petrol) : 4000 Kms Report

^^ The improvements in ECU upgrades in immense. Now the car is almost at par with I10 and much better than Figo, Punto in terms of drivability. Had the gears been a little short (specially 2nd and 3rd) it would be a breeze to drive in city.
Anyway GM never wanted Beat to be a drivers car, it came with skinny tyres, suspension lacking stiffness & tuned for ride, Sluggish stock ECU calibration for better FE. And all these do a huge injustice to its awesome sporty looks.

If I had designed beat I would have
1) Given it a turbo
2) No way make it a tallboy
3) Make it a 6 speed MT
4) Dual exhausts, Different tail lights (see my avatar pic) and option for body graphics.

Like it?
oxyzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 20:04   #25
BHPian
 
quadmaniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 396
Thanked: 79 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat LT (Petrol) : 4000 Kms Report

^ Yes, and add wider tyres of course :-)

In fact, the interiors of the international BEAT is much better.

But yes, the ECU remap did wonders, with no perceptible difference to FE for me at least
quadmaniac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 21:03   #26
BHPian
 
Mr.Beat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 336
Thanked: 122 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat LT (Petrol) : 4000 Kms Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen View Post
^^ The improvements in ECU upgrades in immense. Now the car is almost at par with I10 and much better than Figo, Punto in terms of drivability. Had the gears been a little short (specially 2nd and 3rd) it would be a breeze to drive in city.
Anyway GM never wanted Beat to be a drivers car, it came with skinny tyres, suspension lacking stiffness & tuned for ride, Sluggish stock ECU calibration for better FE. And all these do a huge injustice to its awesome sporty looks.

If I had designed beat I would have
1) Given it a turbo
2) No way make it a tallboy
3) Make it a 6 speed MT
4) Dual exhausts, Different tail lights (see my avatar pic) and option for body graphics.

Like it?
I think you still do have option for body graphics. Why not make it tall boy? Although even i agree she would do with more power. Maybe a 1.6 L beat would be amazing?

Just my 2 cents but. I love the car for what she is. I would not modify her much.


Quote:
Originally Posted by quadmaniac View Post
^ Yes, and add wider tyres of course :-)

In fact, the interiors of the international BEAT is much better.

But yes, the ECU remap did wonders, with no perceptible difference to FE for me at least
Yes, did you also notice it is so much more fun to drive her. I don;t know how to describe it but " Makkhan hai yaar "
Mr.Beat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 23:33   #27
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 596
Thanked: 115 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat LT (Petrol) : 4000 Kms Report

Congrats Mr. Beat for the Chevy. It certainly looks good in that green guise. The steel rims look quite good, can surpass as alloy for an untrained eye.
Happy mile crunching.
Utopian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2011, 15:55   #28
BHPian
 
Topolino's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Udaipur
Posts: 244
Thanked: 61 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat LT (Petrol) : 4000 Kms Report

Hi Mr. Beat, Congratulations and nice review. I am amazed by the FE that you are getting "15.6 kmpl with 100 % AC for 100 % city driving". I am running my beat on original ECU setting and consistently getting 15.6 kmpl in city but without AC. I understand that driving style is one of the factor responsible for FE, it would be so nice of you if you can share some points on your driving style and usage of gears. Traffic (another factor on which FE depends) too vary from city to city, so please post photographs of traffic through which you mostly drive, just to give an idea about traffic condition of your city
Topolino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2011, 17:25   #29
Senior - BHPian
 
thedreamcatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dubai
Posts: 1,205
Thanked: 61 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat LT (Petrol) : 4000 Kms Report

15.6 with 100% ac on talks of very decent and controlled driving. In Gurgaon, I had given my car for service once, and while waiting was going through the notice board and found some results of a mileage competition they had

Apparently, believe it or not, some cars in the i10 range had clocked unbelievable ranges of over 35-40 kmpl.

So, with very good driving it is possible.

Personally, when I use the car, i ensure the rpm does not go beyond 2000 on an specific gear and try to get the car to the 4th gear when it is anywhere in the 50-60 speed range. Avoid hard braking, no riding the clutch. Keep windows up, to avoid wind resistance. Tyre pressure at optimum. Try these, and yes, switch off the car at any given opportunity
thedreamcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2011, 19:11   #30
BHPian
 
Mr.Beat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 336
Thanked: 122 Times
Default Re: Chevrolet Beat LT (Petrol) : 4000 Kms Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian View Post
Congrats Mr. Beat for the Chevy. It certainly looks good in that green guise. The steel rims look quite good, can surpass as alloy for an untrained eye.
Happy mile crunching.
I know the rims do look like alloys at time, but i am planning to get alloys for her sometime possible on her 1st birthday.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Topolino View Post
Hi Mr. Beat, Congratulations and nice review. I am amazed by the FE that you are getting "15.6 kmpl with 100 % AC for 100 % city driving". I am running my beat on original ECU setting and consistently getting 15.6 kmpl in city but without AC. I understand that driving style is one of the factor responsible for FE, it would be so nice of you if you can share some points on your driving style and usage of gears.
Firstly the city that i am talking about is Navi Mumbai. If you have no clue about the city google around. It is extremely rare to get traffic jams here and the rate of movement car is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
15.6 with 100% ac on talks of very decent and controlled driving. In Gurgaon, I had given my car for service once, and while waiting was going through the notice board and found some results of a mileage competition they had

Apparently, believe it or not, some cars in the i10 range had clocked unbelievable ranges of over 35-40 kmpl.
Yes, one needs to be very careful while driving to extract good efficiency. I never let the car go beyond 2500 rpm. I have seen that on 5th gear now at 2500 rpm the car cruises at 80-85km/hr which is find decent enough. Tyre pressure, use of clutch are other important factors.
Mr.Beat is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Green Bolt - Chevrolet Beat LT Petrol (2011) - Long Term Ownership Report Soumyajit9 Long-Term Ownership Reviews 33 21st March 2015 11:04
Cocktail Green Chevrolet Beat Petrol - 16000 Kms Review jeganatu Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 24 21st March 2013 18:04
Beat It...no, not the Michael Jackson way! (Chevrolet Beat) superutp Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 42 21st February 2013 12:06
Fiat Grande Punto : 1.3 Multijet : Emotion Pack : 4000 km report amoghchaphalkar Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 460 23rd November 2011 10:33
My Ninja Swift - 4000 kms report autojunkie Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 4 30th May 2008 15:29


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:52.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks