Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 2nd May 2017, 14:44   #286
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Suzuki Kizashi 2.4 CVT: Test Drive and Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Reports indicate Maruti Suzuki is looking at revival of Kizashi for a possible 2019 launch!

Link (Maruti opens NEXA dealerships for premium cars)
No chance. The product has reached the end of its lifecycle and the money Suzuki spent on bringing the Kizashi into existence in the first place was way more than it does on any other new car. The company themselves admitted that even if it sold in decent numbers, it would take atleast 10 years for the developmental costs to be recouped even though the product lifecycle is probably only 6-7 years, so a brand new model is also out of the question. I think this is just noise over nothing, but an owner can only hope
IshaanIan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2017, 01:07   #287

Question Re: What is Toyota playing?

Hi IshaanIan,

I don't have the privileges to send you a private message, so hope you wouldn't mind me asking you a few vital doubts about the Kizashi here.

I've currently used 2011 CVT model which has run 48,000 km for 6.25 lakhs.

Cosmetically the car is almost flawless however what concerns it the mechanical aspects.

Could you please share your insights regarding the maintenance and reliability of the Kizashi based on your ownerships.

The lack of warranty is what is concerns and worries me the most, also i've read a few threads with Kizashi's having way too many problems for a japanese built car.

Cheers,

Looking forward to your response.
Gmanliving is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 15th June 2017, 21:48   #288
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: What is Toyota playing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmanliving View Post
Hi IshaanIan,

I don't have the privileges to send you a private message, so hope you wouldn't mind me asking you a few vital doubts about the Kizashi here.

I've currently used 2011 CVT model which has run 48,000 km for 6.25 lakhs.

Cosmetically the car is almost flawless however what concerns it the mechanical aspects.

Could you please share your insights regarding the maintenance and reliability of the Kizashi based on your ownerships.

The lack of warranty is what is concerns and worries me the most, also i've read a few threads with Kizashi's having way too many problems for a japanese built car.

Cheers,

Looking forward to your response.
Hi sorry just saw this post no idea how I missed it earlier since I am subscribed to this thread (must remember to trim down the number of threads I am subscribed to in order to avoid missing out like this).

The Kizashi has been a great car so far for me. Although mine is a manual, I cannot comment much on the CVT apart from the mileage it will give you in traffic is going to be pathetic for sure. I am guessing you would already be knowing that though. As far as maintenance goes, I usually wait around 3 days for the parts to come from Gurgaon or if it is not available in Gurgaon and they need to import from Japan, I have never had to wait for more than 2 weeks, so availability has never been an issue. That said, you won't be able to blindly drop off the Kizashi to any Maruti service center as very few of them have people who know how to service the car properly. You need to check in the forum or amongst your friends which the best Maruti service center is in your region, and hand the car over to the team over there. 48000 kms is hardly anything you might need to have things like the lower arm ends and other small suspension linkages looked at as well as maybe change all the bushes. You should be able to judge by taking a test drive over a rough patch of road. I don't know about unreliable as I have not yet had any major issues with my car in terms of electronic or engine failure. That said, like every other D-segment sedan, these things are not built for Indian roads and will have to be nanny-ed around.

Last edited by IshaanIan : 15th June 2017 at 21:50.
IshaanIan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote