Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread
Old 28th February 2011, 23:43   #1
Default Diamond White Scorpio MHAWK VLX December 2010 - The beast comes home.

It was a long cherished dream to own an SUV since I was driving a Santro Xing from the past 5 and a half years. Used to love the commanding position in an SUV (Owned a Toyota Land cruiser for one and a half year during my stay in Australia). Last year in October me and my better half did a Karnataka road trip of 1947 Kms. During our return journey my legs used to get cramped and had to stop the car every 1 hour and stretch myself as I am 5 feet and eleven inches. Me and my better half have planned a lot of trips and if this is the case she suggested we but a bigger car (This was in November 2010). Told her no we will not buy the car now but we will but teh car sometime after May 2011, in the mean while one of my wife's colleague was selling his 2008 Model Black Scorpio for a good price and so wife said that we should check it out and if it is a good deak we should go for it. So after thinking about it finally said yes and spoke to my wife's colleague and said that we would come over to see the vehicle the next day and on that day before we start we call him to tell him we have started and he gives us news that someone just payed the money and took off with the vehicle and we were a dissapointed lot.

Inform wife its ok and went first to Mahindra showroom and test drove a Scorpio and wife was impressed with all the gadgets on offer. Later went to TATA showroom and since it was a Sunday it was closed but the person there took my number and said he would inform the sales person to give me a buzz tommorow. So bid farewell and went back home and went back to normal routine and over the week end get a call from TATA sales person and immediately booked a test drive for ARIA and Safari over the weekend. The sales guy promptly gets the Safari home for a test drive rode it and asked for the ARIA to which they said they would again arrange it later. So immediately next day went over to TATA and test drove the ARIA and fell in love with the vehicle but high pricing (Since it shares the same engine as the Safari) and no option of a DVD player on the top end model (where as the Safari offers a DVD player with 2 screens on the top end) for 18.5 Laks on road in Hyderabad put me off.

So once again we go back to Mahindra and test drove another Scorpio and fell in Love with the vehicle. So we decided it has to be a Scorpio. So we planned to but it in the month of Jan or Feb 2011.

December 1st week we see an add in the paper that Mahindra is offering 50,000 Rs as discount on the Scorpio so went back to the showroom and confirmed the details and the plan started to aqquire the beast. Applied for a loan in SBI and booked the vehicle in the second week of December and was promised a delivery on the 25th of December though the waiting period was 4 weeks upon booking the vehicle.

Meanwhile bank procedure completed and we were waiting for the vehicle and on the 21st we get a call that a new load has arrived and we have a Diamond white ready to be delivered the next day if we were interested. So went to the showroom and took the PDI downloaded from team-BHP and checked the vehicle and was perfect so gave the thumbs up for delivery next day.

Initial plan was to but black but due to some inauspiciousness related to black and my horoscope my mom suggested some other colour and was not to keen on Rocky beige and Java brown the only 2 other options left choose diamond white.
Old 1st March 2011, 10:22   #2
Senior - BHPian
Default Re: Diamond White Scorpio MHAWK VLX December 2010 - The beast comes home.

Let me be the first one to congratulate on your new ride. Do also let us know what all freebie's did you manage with the car and how was the dealership experience et al.

Old 1st March 2011, 10:26   #3
Default Re: Diamond White Scorpio MHAWK VLX December 2010 - The beast comes home.

Congrats on the new possession buddy. Please add more n more pics of the Scorpio and do write your driving experiences.
Old 1st March 2011, 10:40   #4
Team-BHP Support

Note from the support team: Closing this thread as it talks about your booking experience. Please start a thread when you get your car and after your initial experience. Thank you.
Closed Thread