Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 18th March 2011, 16:27   #16
BHPian

Default Re: December 22nd 2010 - Scorpio MHAWK VLX - The white beast (Maverick - 2)comes home

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsun View Post
100KMPH Man! even 80Km is not advisable on our city roads. The dog gave u a warning !! ..Kidding....
Now about the problem : Is there any speed breaker like thing or some type of ups and downs on the road? Check the vehicle thoroughly all around, bellow the bumpers, under body etc. If nothing is wrong, I feel u can forget the incident and go on running. (But again it depends on the intensity of the sound u heard). Since it happened last night only, u can check for any scratch marks on the road at that spot. Sometimes small tiny stones which usually get stuck-up in the tyre threading may make such sounds while hard breaking. Any way let us see what experts say!
Hey VSUN it was at around 2:00AM in the night when returning back from work. I checked underbody but found nothing wrong. Possibility of a stone making that noise is highly impossible because the raods were clear.

What I need to know is upon hard braking does the ABS make any sounds???
octane78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2011, 17:27   #17
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: December 22nd 2010 - Scorpio MHAWK VLX - The white beast (Maverick - 2)comes home

Quote:
100KMPH Man! even 80Km is not advisable on our city roads.
I routinely do 120kmph during day time. Its the question of where and traffic situation. Our city has many roads where it is quite safe provided you know your own limits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane78 View Post
What I need to know is upon hard braking does the ABS make any sounds???
It happened to me as well recently when i braked hard the entire pedal was shaking and made a horrible sound upon hard braking and that too was my first such hard brake.

If you have observed the pedal to vibrate a bit vigorously then its ABS kicking in. Nothing to worry !

Congrats for the new acquisition. I have seen it first hand and its a beautiful machine. I have driven the same machine owned by a colleague who has a VLX hybrid a few times and its pretty impressive to drive.

Is yours too a hybrid version?

Nice pictures that you posted. Keep regularly updating this thread with your experiences and more and more pictures.

Cheers and Drive Safe !!!
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2011, 17:44   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I routinely do 120kmph during day time. Its the question of where and traffic situation. Our city has many roads where it is quite safe provided you know your own limits.

It happened to me as well recently when i braked hard the entire pedal was shaking and made a horrible sound upon hard braking and that too was my first such hard brake.

If you have observed the pedal to vibrate a bit vigorously then its ABS kicking in. Nothing to worry !

Congrats for the new acquisition. I have seen it first hand and its a beautiful machine. I have driven the same machine owned by a colleague who has a VLX hybrid a few times and its pretty impressive to drive.

Is yours too a hybrid version?

Nice pictures that you posted. Keep regularly updating this thread with your experiences and more and more pictures.

Cheers and Drive Safe !!!
Avi Bhai thats an assurance which gave me a peace of mind. Thanks for the wishes and yes my beast is a VLX Hybrid version.

Waiting to catch up with you guys on the 27th .
Old 24th March 2011, 00:10   #19
BHPian

Quote:
The problem was solved by restarting the engine. But what if the problem persists even after turning off and restarting the engine!! Is there any way to switch off that buzzing sound when we found it faulty?? (It will be annoying if it continues to buzz)
Found the answer

TPMS receiver unit is located below the front passenger seat. Once the TPMS system starts blinking and beeping, just press the Mode button and the beep will be gone and only the blinking will be the there.
vsun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2011, 17:13   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Found the answer

TPMS receiver unit is located below the front passenger seat. Once the TPMS system starts blinking and beeping, just press the Mode button and the beep will be gone and only the blinking will be the there.
That is a nice solution need to check it out. The mode button is it present on the sensor under the driver's seat or the mode button in the glove box.
Old 24th March 2011, 21:07   #21
BHPian

As far as my knowledge goes, Mode button is present on the TPMS system below the front passenger seat (Not under the driver's seat).
The button in the glove box is used to enter your password when the engine immobiliser get activated (default password is "11111" and you can change password) and for voice assist system.
Please correct me if wrong (My car is Wagon R).
Old 24th March 2011, 21:25   #22
BHPian

Quote:
As far as my knowledge goes, Mode button is present on the TPMS system below the front passenger seat (Not under the driver's seat).
The button in the glove box is used to enter your password when the engine immobiliser get activated (default password is "11111" and you can change password) and for voice assist system.
Please correct me if wrong (My car is Wagon R).
I saw a box like thing with a few wires under the drivers seat so I am guessing that the TPMS is under the drivers seat.

The new refresh Scorpio model does not come with the engine immobiliser in teh glove box but it is built in the Remote key. There is a button in the glove box to stop or reset the voice assist sytem.

Will check for the mode button under the drivers seat ASAP and update you.
Old 25th March 2011, 22:05   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane78 View Post
I saw a box like thing with a few wires under the drivers seat so I am guessing that the TPMS is under the drivers seat.

The new refresh Scorpio model does not come with the engine immobiliser in the glove box but it is built in the Remote key. There is a button in the glove box to stop or reset the voice assist sytem.

Will check for the mode button under the drivers seat ASAP and update you.
The mode button on the new Scorpio is on the dash board itself. Checked under the seats and found 2 small boxes one under the front driver seat and one under the passenger seat. Need to figure out what exactly are those sensors for.

An interesting thing happened today. The beast was not used from Monday, it was just parked at home. So today took it out and the TPMS warns of a leakage in the rear left tyre. So pressed the mode button and silenced the beeping but the warning was on, the TPMS was showing the air preassure as 19PS .

Took the beast on to the road and found a tyre shop and filled air to 30PS. Drove to office and the warning was not there anymore. At work during one of the breaks out of curiosity again checked the preassure by turning the ignition on and the TPMS started beeping and warning me of low preassure and the preassure was around 22PS.

Took the vehicle to a near by type shop and got it checked and it indeed was a puncture. Got it reapired and checked air in all the tyres and drove back to work.

All in all I am happy with the way TMPS works.

Maverick-2 rocks

Last edited by octane78 : 25th March 2011 at 22:07.
Old 26th March 2011, 12:42   #24
BHPian

I always carry a 12V Air Compressor / Tyre Inflator in my car. It proved to be very usefull to me on highways. I even carry a tubeless tyre repair kit but never needed to use it
Old 27th March 2011, 01:26   #25
BHPian

Quote:
I always carry a 12V Air Compressor / Tyre Inflator in my car. It proved to be very usefull to me on highways. I even carry a tubeless tyre repair kit but never needed to use it
I always wanted to buy these to keep it in the car and go to the shop but I end up buying something else, or I am too lazy to go shopping.
Old 1st June 2011, 18:01   #26
BHPian

Finally Maverick-2 crosses 10,000Kms and more actaully and was due for the second free service. It was my cousins wedding so could not actually get the service done on time. So ended up giving the beast for servicing at 13,000kms.

An interesting thing happened when I went for servicing today at AML motors at Ranigung. The workshop was closed for renovation and was advised to get the servicing done at Automotives at R.P.Road which is just a few meters away so drove to that location and found just the security guard who said that no one is in yet and the time was 8:20AM and the workshop is supposed to open at 8:00AM. Since I did not book an appointment before hand I was advised by the relationship manager to go to Automotives workshop at NH-7 Jeedimetla as they had full bookings. So drove to Jeedimetla and was waiting in a long Que until I find the service advisor from AML motors who is temporarily put up here until the renovation is complete in AML motors workshop. The guy recognises me and immediately attends to me and informs me that I should never let the service interval be more than 500Kms and it is some company policy but he assured me that he would get the vehicle's second free service done and informed me that the vehicle would be delivered at 5:00PM.

Since it was too long went back home and the following problems were discussed with him.

1) Once on hard braking the ABS kicked in but the vehicle skidded a little.
2) Clutch emits a kirk kind of sound when depressed.
3) Central locking device needs to be pressed twice or thrice to open or close the locks.

The total estimate was given for Rs 1060.

Went back to the workshop at 5:00Pm but the vehicle was not ready it was yet to be washed.

Waited till 6:15 to get the delivery done. The total bill arrived at 1600 odd. The clutch switch was changed which was causing the sound and due to which the Micro hybrid was not working properly. I really do not know but the advisor said that it is not covered under warranty and costed me Rs 350.

The bill consisted of engine treatment for Rs 600 and upon enquirying was told that it is a sort of chemical that is sprayed on the engine which is good for the engine (Was not really convinced of the answer provided).

Right now the vehicle has become smoother and is amazing to run. Tried hard braking to check on the ABS and the car does not skid now.

Over all I am happy with the performance of the beast and it is giving me an average of 11.8 per liter with AC on in the city and around 13.9 per liter with AC on on the highway.
Old 1st June 2011, 18:19   #27
Senior - BHPian

Hi Octane,

The engine treatment is a farce. Just the dealer's way of making money out of us.

Happy Motoring!
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 22:41   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

@octane:

My clutch showed the same symptoms of creaking and the switch was changed for me as well. Eventually, I ended up getting stranded with my family on the the highway.

Please ensure that your clutch slave cylinder is the updated one. See my thread on this subject for more details.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 22:53   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Hi Octane,

The engine treatment is a farce. Just the dealer's way of making money out of us.

Happy Motoring!
Thanks Surya for the update will check with AML motors and get things evened out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
@octane:

My clutch showed the same symptoms of creaking and the switch was changed for me as well. Eventually, I ended up getting stranded with my family on the the highway.

Please ensure that your clutch slave cylinder is the updated one. See my thread on this subject for more details.
Thanks 4x4addict. I have checked with the SA of AML motors and mine is confirmed to be a updated clutch slave cylinder. I have read and followed your thread and was of great help to me.
Old 15th July 2011, 21:52   #30
BHPian

On 9th Saturday gave the vehicle for the 3rd free service. Instructed the SA not to do a engine care treatment which was not done.

Problems reported
1) Sound coming from the clutch pedal when depressing the clutch (This being the common problem reported in all 3 free services).

The issue was fixed in the first free service and it cropped up just before the 2nd free service and remained until the 3rd service.

SA said he would send an email to Mahindra and get the complete clutch assembly replaced under warranty. Waiting for the call from SA.

Total amount for servicing including wash and wipe was 240 Rs.

Apart from that the vehicle is performing absolutely great.

Giving me a mileage of around 12.2 in the city with AC on.
Around 13.8 on the highway with the AC on. The surprising element was when I was driving under 100 on the highway when we went to Vijayawada the beast returned an amazing mileage of 15.2 kilometers per liter . Over all very happy with the mileage.