Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 31st October 2014, 23:11   #76
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Tucson - The Silver Fox Comes Home..

If the boot is not available, it's really unfortunate. The leak eventually will cause the joint to fail. I recently had to replace the front left axle, I will update the details.
anandpadhye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2015, 22:07   #77
BHPian

Got new shoes for my Tuc. Chose Hankook RF10 ATM 235/60 R16 as there were not many options available and these seemed to be the best of the ones available.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Tucson - The Silver Fox Comes Home..-img_1794.jpg  

Hyundai Tucson - The Silver Fox Comes Home..-img_1796.jpg  

Hyundai Tucson - The Silver Fox Comes Home..-img_1797.jpg  

Hyundai Tucson - The Silver Fox Comes Home..-img_1795.jpg  

kamal.sn is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2015, 21:36   #78
BHPian

Default Hyundai Tucson: Is it reliable to get the Radiator repaired?

The plastic tank on one side of my radiator of my Tucson has broken from the point which connects to the hose connecting to the coolant tank (highlighted in red in the image). Although a local mechanic has fixed it with fevikwik i am sure it is a very short term solution and may be just enough for me to drive to me nearest workshop.

Some questions in the same regard :

1) Is it reliable to get the radiator repaired by getting the plastic tank changed as i have heard that the same is possible.

2) Are there any reliable radiator repair shops in Delhi (preferably west/south Delhi or Gurgaon) ?

3) Are there any aftermarket radiators available for Tucson ? Any recommended stores in Delhi from where i can get one.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Tucson - The Silver Fox Comes Home..-tucson-radiator.jpg  

kamal.sn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2015, 21:41   #79
Team-BHP Support

Default re: Hyundai Tucson: Is it reliable to get the Radiator repaired?

Since the crack is in plastic part and not the metal, I would recommend to replace the Radiator instead of getting it repaired for the sake of dependability of the vehicle.

You can easily find the part from Kashmere Gate spare parts market. If you are looking for a used part, you can try your luck at Mayapuri.
.anshuman is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2015, 22:34   #80
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Hyundai Tucson: Is it reliable to get the Radiator repaired?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamal.sn View Post
Some questions in the same regard :

1) Is it reliable to get the radiator repaired by getting the plastic tank changed as i have heard that the same is possible.

2) Are there any reliable radiator repair shops in Delhi (preferably west/south Delhi or Gurgaon) ?
1) No. For this the crimping has to be opened which will never be back to its original strength.
Also, The Header Plate could get damaged in the process of opening the Crimping.
Best Avoid. Once the crimping is opened, the plastic tank could be used, but not the core + HP due to HP reliability concern. Also, getting correct plastic tank is not easy, the material has to be strong enough, mostly glass filled.
Else, tank bulging issue can crop up at a later stage.

2) Try Rajdhani Radiators, they have a good network with one of the leading radiator manufacturers based in Vadodara. See if they can fetch you something.

You can also try this website, an US based firm which has a very large range of radiators but I am not sure if they ship to India. Try to source it from US based relative friend if the OE number matches or the representative image and core size are found common.
Edit : This seems to be a positive match.
These are only my views. Please review further before zeroing in!

Last edited by aaggoswami : 12th October 2015 at 22:38.
aaggoswami is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2015, 09:18   #81
BHPian

Apply m-seal on the exterior of the plastic area which is fixed with fevi quick nicely. It might make it seal proof!
iron.head is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2015, 10:33   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Since the crack is in plastic part and not the metal, I would recommend to replace the Radiator instead of getting it repaired for the sake of dependability of the vehicle.

You can easily find the part from Kashmere Gate spare parts market. If you are looking for a used part, you can try your luck at Mayapuri.
I went to the kashmere gate market yesterday looking for a new radiator for the tucson. There are 3-4 shops selling a replacement radiator for the tucson of the make Halla or HCC which seems to be the OEM for Hyundai however the part numbers which are available are 25310-2e550 and 25310-2e500 while the one based on my vehicle VIN is 25310-2e501 and are in the range of INR 5000-6000 while the dealer is quoting a rate of INR 21,000 for 2e501.

Can someone comment whether 25310-2e550 and 25310-2e500 are matching replacements to 25310-2e501 ? or maybe help if someone knows of any other vendor for radiators in Delhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron.head View Post
Apply m-seal on the exterior of the plastic area which is fixed with fevi quick nicely. It might make it seal proof!
Thanks but I have read on forums on internet where people say that even JB weld (http://www.jbweld.com) is a very temporary solution. I have got a pack of JB weld but i am not using it for the same reason.

Last edited by kamal.sn : 16th October 2015 at 10:41.
kamal.sn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2015, 17:22   #83
Senior - BHPian

Did you get this fixed? The radiator?
DO take a look at Carid.com
mayankk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2015, 19:57   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Did you get this fixed? The radiator?
DO take a look at Carid.com
Yes, after a lot of research on the internet and specifically from www.17vin.com, I could conclude (although not 100% sure) that 25310-2e500 was another part number which could fit. I got in touch with a shop at palika bhavan who checked with his supplier and confirmed that 25310-2e500 was available. Got the same next day at a cost of INR 5800. It came out to be a perfect fit.

The same part was also available at Kashmere gate when i had gone there before the research and since the folks there were 100% sure that the same would not fit my Tuscon after checking the VIN number, i had to come back empty handed after spending some 4-5 hours there.
kamal.sn is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2015, 12:06   #85
BHPian

Quote:
I did show the same to the mechanic/SA at the Hyundai service centre where i usually get my car done. Their response was that there is a bit of a grease leak but everything is fine. It is not even worth arguing with them as these guys hardly know their stuff except one or two of their senior technicians who were not around. I checked the Hyundai microcat (spares catalogue) according to which the boot is not a separate item but comes as a part of the complete propshaft assembly (49300A) in the picture. I have a ballpark figure of something like INR 40000 for the complete assembly.
Hey Kamal

First of all, thank you for the lovely thread. I would like to know what happened here and if you ever changed the propshaft assembly. Do you know what caused this in the first place?
sreejinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2016, 20:56   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
Hey Kamal

First of all, thank you for the lovely thread. I would like to know what happened here and if you ever changed the propshaft assembly. Do you know what caused this in the first place?
Yes, i did get the complete propshaft assembly changed from a local axle shop near Sadar Bazaar in Gurgaon. Guess it was a Santa Fe propshaft and it was an exact fit on the Tuc. Costed me around 6000 bucks and still going strong without any issues.
kamal.sn is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2016, 21:32   #87
BHPian

Man thats something, I checked in the Hyundai service center here and they said a new one assembly will cost around Rs. 75000, how on earth did you get it for 6000

Quote:
Yes, i did get the complete propshaft assembly changed from a local axle shop near Sadar Bazaar in Gurgaon. Guess it was a Santa Fe propshaft and it was an exact fit on the Tuc. Costed me around 6000 bucks and still going strong without any issues.
sreejinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2016, 00:10   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
Man thats something, I checked in the Hyundai service center here and they said a new one assembly will cost around Rs. 75000, how on earth did you get it for 6000
Mine i guess was a refurbished one or from a scrapyard. Check with an axle guy if they are able to repair or if they could get it from a scrap dealer.
kamal.sn is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote