Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 21st August 2012, 16:19   #166
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti Suzuki SX4 Diesel (1.3 DDiS): Test Drive and Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitpunjani View Post
If Original oil is also synthetic, which needs to replaced at 1,000 kms, that means the owner cost would be very high isn't?
Just once Amit ... 2.7 to 3k at the most , then its just the normal change cycle that you need to follow - Every 10K kms that is !!
Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2012, 11:06   #167
BHPian

A Technical issue:
I got my Sx4 "Celebration Edition" car delivered to me earlier this month & have barely covered about 750Kms till yet. Off-late i have been getting the dreaded "kat-kat" sound from the front left side of the car upon low rpm acceleration, abrupt braking & at slightest of swerving to the left.

The sound seems to be coming from the front left side, though am not able to make out whether the sound is coming from the front left suspension or the front co-passenger seat or is it from under the chassis ??

Anyone else facing or has faced a similar problem with the Sx4 Diesel ??

Mods: Sorry if there was a thread for this already, i tried the search function but could not find any relevant thread for the Sx4 as there are very few active threads for the Sx4 Diesel. Please move to the relevant thread if this is the wrong place to ask this question !!

Last edited by Prodigyy : 26th September 2012 at 11:08.
Prodigyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2012, 11:35   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigyy
A Technical issue:
I got my Sx4 "Celebration Edition" car delivered to me earlier this month & have barely covered about 750Kms till yet. Off-late i have been getting the dreaded "kat-kat" sound from the front left side of the car upon low rpm acceleration, abrupt braking & at slightest of swerving to the left.

This seems to be an issue either with the front suspension or the steering link.

Why don't you take the car to the service centre and get it rectified under warranty?
Monaro CV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2012, 12:31   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigyy View Post
A Technical issue:
Surely seems like a suspension issue which needs to be solved. Its unfortunate because in my short span of time with the SX4, I haven't faced any problems so far *touchwood* and I feel it's a great car for the price. And the 1.3 DDiS motor is indeed a gem and feels like much more while driving. Hope your problem get resolved soon.
AdiSinghV12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2012, 14:00   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
This seems to be an issue either with the front suspension or the steering link.

Why don't you take the car to the service centre and get it rectified under warranty?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
Surely seems like a suspension issue which needs to be solved. Its unfortunate because in my short span of time with the SX4, I haven't faced any problems so far *touchwood* and I feel it's a great car for the price. And the 1.3 DDiS motor is indeed a gem and feels like much more while driving. Hope your problem get resolved soon.
Seemed like a suspension issue to me too, had gone through a User review of an Sx4 Zdi who had faced similar problem just that his car was pulling towards left, which my isn't.

Link to similar problem (My Beige BRUTE - Maruti SX4 ZDi - Update - 1 Year & 16500 kms)

For some reason i feel that this is some noise from the front seat rather than Suspension.

Should i make an unscheduled visit to the Service Station rather than waiting for the first service to come up on 7th of October ??
Old 26th September 2012, 15:11   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigyy View Post
Seemed like a suspension issue to me too, had gone through a User review of an Sx4 Zdi who had faced similar problem just that his car was pulling towards left, which my isn't.

Link to similar problem (My Beige BRUTE - Maruti SX4 ZDi - Update - 1 Year & 16500 kms)

For some reason i feel that this is some noise from the front seat rather than Suspension.

Should i make an unscheduled visit to the Service Station rather than waiting for the first service to come up on 7th of October ??

If you feel that the 'kat-kat' noise is too much and its a complex problem, I'd say send her to the service station... or else wait for the first service as all the minor problems are expected to be taken care of at the first service.
AdiSinghV12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2012, 12:50   #172
BHPian

Hi People,

I recently bought SX4 ZDI, which has clocked 3,000 km till date. Every time i start in the morning, there is pungent smell from the exhaust. Perhaps of unburnt diesel. I understand diesel engine very high operating temp to work efficiently, but not sure if this is normal or not.

Thanks

Amit
amitpunjani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2012, 21:21   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigyy
A Technical issue:

The sound seems to be coming from the front left side, though am not able to make out whether the sound is coming from the front left suspension or the front co-passenger seat or is it from under the chassis ??

Anyone else facing or has faced a similar problem with the Sx4 Diesel ??

Mods: Sorry if there was a thread for this already, i tried the search function but could not find any relevant thread for the Sx4 as there are very few active threads for the Sx4 Diesel. Please move to the relevant thread if this is the wrong place to ask this question !!
I was facing a similar problem. Recently got MGA full leather seat covers installed for which they dismantled the seats. The Kat kat sound is gone now.
bimbrahw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2012, 09:30   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimbrahw View Post
I was facing a similar problem. Recently got MGA full leather seat covers installed for which they dismantled the seats. The Kat kat sound is gone now.
Totally forgot to update you all on this problem. During the first service when i went to the service station there was absolutely no sign of the noise to be seen anywhere. Over the last month the sound grew larger and larger and i was able to pin-point exactly where the sound was coming from.

Lo & behold, a classic case of making heavy weather of absolutely nothing, it was coming from the driver's seat, and when i went to the service station, i was absolutely spot-on. There was some rusting under the driver's seat & the screws were making the sound

Simple dismantling, oiling & putting the seat back made the noise go away for good !!
Old 17th April 2013, 00:04   #175
BHPian

Brushing up an old thread !
My SX4 VDi now stands tall at 45k in about 18 months.

With regular oil change , Nano engine oil additive and System D I am getting truly amazing FE 18~20 KMPL in city (daily drive from Ghaziabad to Gurgaon)

Thought it will be nice to share !
adi_sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2013, 10:30   #176
Senior - BHPian

I was planning to get my 1.3 ritz remaped to generate 90ps power same the SX4 does.
So wanted to know , the components that are fitted in SX4 diesel are they the same which are used in Swift and Ritz , or they are better or different .
If they are the same then does it mean that the engine that powers SX4 has exactly the same components as the Ritz or swift and its only the state of tune that is different in SX4.
The reason why i want to confirm this because my 3 years old car is going to touch 50k kms next month and i plan to keep the car for another 2-3 years, so i don't want to get into any reliability issues once the extended warranty gets over .
Please advise.

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2013, 10:37   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
I was planning to get my 1.3 ritz remaped to generate 90ps power same the SX4 does.
So wanted to know , the components that are fitted in SX4 diesel are they the same which are used in Swift and Ritz , or they are better or different

Cheers
One thing I know is the SX4 uses a variable geometry turbo unlike the FGT of the Ritz and the Swift.
Sridhar K is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2013, 10:40   #178
BHPian

Quote:
So wanted to know , the components that are fitted in SX4 diesel are they the same which are used in Swift and Ritz , or they are better or different .
No they are different, the 75ps version uses FGT whereas the 90 ps one uses VGT turbo(or supper turbo in maruti term). But reliability is not an issue, many members are using power box with thier swifts you can see thier threads.
EFF-EIGHT-BEE is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2013, 10:45   #179
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If they are the same then does it mean that the engine that powers SX4 has exactly the same components as the Ritz or swift and its only the state of tune that is different in SX4.
The reason why i want to confirm this because my 3 years old car is going to touch 50k kms next month and i plan to keep the car for another 2-3 years, so i don't want to get into any reliability issues once the extended warranty gets over .
Please advise.

Cheers
The sx4 has a vgt and if I am right the ecu mapping mite also be different.The Ritz has an fgt.
rakesh_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2013, 10:48   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
One thing I know is the SX4 uses a variable geometry turbo unlike the FGT of the Ritz and the Swift.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFF-EIGHT-BEE View Post
No they are different, the 75ps version uses FGT whereas the 90 ps one uses VGT turbo(or supper turbo in maruti term).
So apart from the turbo, looks like both the engine shares same components.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFF-EIGHT-BEE View Post
But reliability is not an issue, many members are using power box with thier swifts you can see thier threads.
Yes, if reliability is not an issue with power boxes, which only regulates a couple of factors , so with a remap, which will take care of most of the factors, that should not be of any concerns in long run .

Thanks guys .

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote