Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2011, 12:28   #16
dot
Senior - BHPian
 
dot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ban Chang
Posts: 1,681
Thanked: 714 Times
Default Re: My white shadowfax arrives: Volkswagen Vento TDI HL ownership review

I like the name Shadowfax. Even Gandalf would be proud to see the modern avatar of his favorite ride. Congratulations.
dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2011, 12:56   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
souravc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 1,088
Thanked: 427 Times
Default Re: My white shadowfax arrives: Volkswagen Vento TDI HL ownership review

Congrats Shantanu on your TDi we will miss your hilarious sarcastic comments on the Vento waiting experience

I am also getting my Vento TDi today , upgrading from a Swift which has done 63000 on the odo .. any similarity ?
souravc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2011, 13:26   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
VW2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: electricity
Posts: 2,566
Thanked: 2,040 Times
Default Re: My white shadowfax arrives: Volkswagen Vento TDI HL ownership review

Great car. I like the diesel over the petrol The diesel feels it has more in it in the highway compared to the petrol.

Congrats on the buy and waiting to hear from you on the service experience with VW/
VW2010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2011, 13:55   #19
BHPian
 
himanshu_j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 247
Thanked: 125 Times
Default Re: My white shadowfax arrives: Volkswagen Vento TDI HL ownership review

Congrats on your briliant purchase! Happy Motoring for the years to come!

Even I am getting my polo 1.6 soon and after reading a lot of ownership threads here by our esteemed members, there are a couple of issues I have come across:

Mainly being the sound system. I too despise it for the lack of AUX-in/ USB but reasons over the forum vary from that to poor SQ. What would yours be?

Also, the Livon upholstery is proving a tough job to maintain in the Indian weather and conditions. You planning on getting seat covers or going in for leather (like fellow member noopster etc)?

And one more thing, DON'T forget to tell the person responsible for cleaning your car on how to lift the wipers or you might just end up chipping the paint of your bonnet which many other members here learnt the hard way

Last edited by himanshu_j : 9th March 2011 at 14:07. Reason: Typing Error
himanshu_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2011, 14:03   #20
BHPian
 
Svis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Bombay
Posts: 64
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: My white shadowfax arrives: Volkswagen Vento TDI HL ownership review

Congrats Shantanu! My Silver beauty is expected this weekend for delivery, fingers crossed! Waiting for some pics! Will most probably change the HU, but like you will put sun film and floor mats. No change in seat covers till these get dirty!
Svis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2011, 14:40   #21
BHPian
 
ambivalent_98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pune-Bangalore
Posts: 758
Thanked: 161 Times
Default Re: My white shadowfax arrives: Volkswagen Vento TDI HL ownership review

Shantanu,
Congrats. Hope you have many many safe and happy driving miles in the Vento. I too have booked the Vento TDI HL but in Shadow Blue. By the way the price here OTR excluding the corprate discount is 10.38 L. Perhaps this is because the plant is here and taxes are lesser here than in KA. Anyways , a couple of questions
1) Did the dealer give you some sort of info about how many others are there before you ?
2) Is there a specified run-in for the TDI engine ? (I am asking this because with such a powerful engine it would be a real pity to putter along the highway or empty roads under some low speed and rev limit !!)
3) How is music system ? I mean what are the explicit negatives ?
4) How is your experience about the climate control ?
5) Do you plan to get darker seat covers to match the darker of the dual tone colors ?
6) Where are the photos ?
ambivalent_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2011, 15:16   #22
BHPian
 
evilshantanu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 523
Thanked: 212 Times
Default Re: My white shadowfax arrives: Volkswagen Vento TDI HL ownership review

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshramaling View Post
Congrats on your Vento acquisition! I personally liked Vento in Black & White! Pls. post some pics soon!



This long waiting period? My god. Is it coming from the same Skoda Aurangabad plant...that could be the reason?

BTW - what happened to your good old Swift?
I sold the swift sometime back

Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Congrats Shantanu on your TDi we will miss your hilarious sarcastic comments on the Vento waiting experience

I am also getting my Vento TDi today , upgrading from a Swift which has done 63000 on the odo .. any similarity ?
I will keep commenting there :-P
Yeah there is a lot of similarity indeed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshu_j View Post
Congrats on your briliant purchase! Happy Motoring for the years to come!

Even I am getting my polo 1.6 soon and after reading a lot of ownership threads here by our esteemed members, there are a couple of issues I have come across:

Mainly being the sound system. I too despise it for the lack of AUX-in/ USB but reasons over the forum vary from that to poor SQ. What would yours be?

Also, the Livon upholstery is proving a tough job to maintain in the Indian weather and conditions. You planning on getting seat covers or going in for leather (like fellow member noopster etc)?

And one more thing, DON'T forget to tell the person responsible for cleaning your car on how to lift the wipers or you might just end up chipping the paint of your bonnet which many other members here learnt the hard way
The biggest problem with the stock Music system is that the trble range is not good, plus when you increase thevolume, the vocals kinda start getting shrill and that irritates you
The wiper warning was the first thing I told the cleaning guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svis View Post
Congrats Shantanu! My Silver beauty is expected this weekend for delivery, fingers crossed! Waiting for some pics! Will most probably change the HU, but like you will put sun film and floor mats. No change in seat covers till these get dirty!
All the best, trust me this beauty is worth the wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
Shantanu,
Congrats. Hope you have many many safe and happy driving miles in the Vento. I too have booked the Vento TDI HL but in Shadow Blue. By the way the price here OTR excluding the corprate discount is 10.38 L. Perhaps this is because the plant is here and taxes are lesser here than in KA. Anyways , a couple of questions
1) Did the dealer give you some sort of info about how many others are there before you ?
2) Is there a specified run-in for the TDI engine ? (I am asking this because with such a powerful engine it would be a real pity to putter along the highway or empty roads under some low speed and rev limit !!)
3) How is music system ? I mean what are the explicit negatives ?
4) How is your experience about the climate control ?
5) Do you plan to get darker seat covers to match the darker of the dual tone colors ?
6) Where are the photos ?
1) The dealer didnt give me any info, I used to barge in and demand all the info, I had to call him twice every week for the follow up. I just recived one call from his side, when the car arrived at his yard
2) There is no specified run-in period, the first servicing, which is a paid one would be at 15,000 Km or 372 days, whichever is earlier. Though I am sticing to less than 2500 RPM and 100 km.hr for the first 1500 km
3) The biggest problem with the stock Music system is that the trble range is not good, plus when you increase thevolume, the vocals kinda start getting shrill and that irritates you. Otherwise, I like the backlit display etc
4) The climate control is good, but for Delhi and Mumbai summers sunfilm is a MUST, you can get away without one in Bangalore I guess
5) Right now I am not getting any seat covers, maybe when this gets dirty I am planning beige leather seats by Stanley
6) I will update them today, please forgive me...
evilshantanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2011, 15:22   #23
BHPian
 
windsurfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Dundee, UK
Posts: 513
Thanked: 25 Times
Default Re: My white shadowfax arrives: Volkswagen Vento TDI HL ownership review

Congrats Shantanu. Finally, your Vento has arrived. I think, i would get mine soon. What is this corporate discount? Can you please PM me these details and how did you manage to get it?
windsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2011, 15:27   #24
BHPian
 
JJames's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 83
Thanked: Once
Default Re: My white shadowfax arrives: Volkswagen Vento TDI HL ownership review

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
Thanks! The OTR in Bangalore was Rs 11,02,000.

Yes it is all city driving, most of which is done on ORR from HSR Layout to Hebbal, and this is after tackling all those irritating flyover constructiuons

Thanks!
First, congrats on your choice & a bigger congrats on having actually got the delivery! lol...

By the way, the OTR quoted for me is 11.21L; is the price you stated because you booked it earlier? Also, I see the insurance quote at the showroom is about 36k. I checked the quote in icici lombard website- and found the quote to be <30k!... a difference close to 7k

& you seem to be following the same route as mine (though I take the MG road route these days). If I get to see your Vento speeding, I'll give a honk!

EDIT: OK, I saw that you got a 16k corporate discount, but still, price diff. of abt 3k....

Last edited by JJames : 9th March 2011 at 15:32.
JJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2011, 15:41   #25
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 87
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: My white shadowfax arrives: Volkswagen Vento TDI HL ownership review

@JJames, may be the quote given to you includes some basic accessories (mud flaps, etc.) for INR 3255? This was included in the quote given to me, taking the OTR to 11.05L.
sith_lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2011, 22:37   #26
BHPian
 
TopSpeeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 287
Thanked: 211 Times
Default Re: My white shadowfax arrives: Volkswagen Vento TDI HL ownership review

Shanthanu,
Congrats for getting the most awaited car, when you get a chance please post some pics.

@JJames,
When I checked ICICI Lombard was not having 0% Dep policy, not sure they got one now. I have checked with Balaji Allianz & Tata. Both seems to be in the same range.
TopSpeeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2011, 23:01   #27
BHPian
 
srikant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 488
Thanked: 9 Times
Default Re: My white shadowfax arrives: Volkswagen Vento TDI HL ownership review

Congrats on the car, I should tell you, its time you have a grand photo session for bhpians now !! Waiting for the pics.
srikant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2011, 09:17   #28
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 87
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Re: My white shadowfax arrives: Volkswagen Vento TDI HL ownership review

Shantanu, a few questions:

1. Did you get a chance to feel the gear shift indicator? I'm wondering on the accuracy and the usability of that. Further, the SR told me that the indicator is available only in TDI HL, petrol HL does not have it. I wonder why.

2. The brochure says that Vento comes with 'Green tinted heat absorbing glass'. It pretty much sounds like the films that people put on the glass. If so, isn't it sufficient? However, I find that almost all Vento owners added some film on their cars.

3. Did you get a chance to use the front arm rest? If so, did you find it convenient?

Last edited by sith_lord : 10th March 2011 at 09:21.
sith_lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2011, 09:20   #29
BHPian
 
nileshch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: BLR / BOM
Posts: 743
Thanked: 370 Times
Default Re: My white shadowfax arrives: Volkswagen Vento TDI HL ownership review

Shantanu, congratulations on getting your new Vento TDI!! I am sure it must be a great feeling!

I am in the market for a new car and was blown away by the Vento TDI torque. I am going to book my car in the next few days.

It would be great if you can let us know the insurance premium you paid. Did you go with the showroom tie-up or bought insurance independently?
nileshch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2011, 09:47   #30
Senior - BHPian
 
srishiva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 3,575
Thanked: 815 Times
Default Re: My white shadowfax arrives: Volkswagen Vento TDI HL ownership review

Congrats. Are you still to click the photos or just have to upload them?

I am also letting go my Swift of 63000 kms for Vento!
srishiva is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Shadowfax - 2012 Honda Jazz Ownership Review Jazzper Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 111 18th September 2014 01:20
Volkswagen Vento Highline TDI : Ownership review ASTRIKX Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 23 13th June 2011 11:29


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:15.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks