Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 14th March 2011, 18:19   #1
BHPian

Default My White Boomerang has Arrived - The Maruti Ritz

Last week was a My week I must say.

I was browsing TBHP from many days and parallely had once attempted for the membership. But had not got through. Finally last week For the second attempt, I finally became a TBHP member.

I was looking for my second car to replace my old faithful 1996 Maruti 800. went through many websites including websites looking at reviews of all Hatchbacks around 4 lakhs.

My criteria were:
  • Willing to spend 4-4.5 lakhs
  • Petrol Car since annual running will hardly touch 10k
  • Fun to drive car.
  • Compact...you all know how the traffic in Bangalore is.
  • Strictly a Maruti Suzuki (Dad's Condition)
I went to many Pre-owned showrooms and tested many Swifts and WagonRs but didn't get any good deal.
I was also interested in a Swift on TBHP classifieds but the publisher didn't respond.
Finally, decided to go for a new one

The Contenders:
  • Alto K10
  • Astar
  • Ritz
  • Swift LXI
  • Wagon R
  • Zen Estilo
  • Did not consider Alto800
The Shortlisting Process:
  • Alto K10 - Personally speaking, I found it small or equal in size to my M800
  • Astar - Didn't like the Looks so much
  • Ritz - I had driven this Vehicle earlier. I was okay with the looks. Wanted My dad's and Wife's Opinion.Got a nod from them
  • Swift LXI - Lack of features and long waiting times removed this from the list
  • Wagon R - Dad was Interested in this, but I did not like the looks again
  • Zen Estilo - A NO-NO from all the family mambers
That left me with no other option other than The Boomerang-Ritz.

Much is said about the fun factor of this power packed performer.
I had driven my friend's Ritz earlier and I was impressed.
Everybody will agree with me that the looks of this car is one major deciding factor while buying.
Once My dad and wife gave a nod for the looks, we didn't waste any time.
We booked our car on 07-Mar-2011. We gave a booking amount of 5k and got the car blocked.

For auspicious reasons, my favourite colour Black was not considered.
The next unanimous choice was White and we decided to go for it.
I finished my PDI on Friday.

Since there was no loan taken, the whole booking experience was rather smooth as expected.
Due to some cheque clearing delays, The full amount reached the dealer only on saturday morning (11-Mar).
The same day, It was sent for registration.

The D-Day (12-Mar-2011)
After almost no sleep on saturday, I woke up on a super sunday and As promised the vehicle was delivered to me on Sunday at 09:45 hours.
Infact I was promised delivery in the afternoon.

Straight away went to a temple for the pooja and I was off to my relatives to show off my brand new Acquisition.
And yes, how can I forget the first tankfull at shell. I swear by shell.

Till now it has run only 75kms. I have almost got used to the console mounted gear knob.
The next real pooja will take place mostly this weekend when we head to Nanjangud. Will update the ride and more photos after that.
A dharmasthala trip is mandatory for all our cars, so that will be somewhere in next month.
After these, a nice photosession planned in the Grasslands in Hesaraghatta.

Accessories:
Garware Sunfilms: Fitted by the Dealer for free
Floor mats: Fitted for free
Mudflaps: Again fitted by the dealer for free.
Central Locking and remote locking: Included in the total package.
Body protection Side strips : Got the original ones fitted for 1k.
ICE: Planned in the coming weekend

Attached below are the first pics:
TBHP stickers are coming soon. Got it from BHPian hemanth.anand
Once the IND plates arrive, I will paste the stickers. Till then I'm deciding which sticker goes where.
Attached Thumbnails
My White Boomerang has Arrived - The Maruti Ritz-dsc_7505.jpg  

My White Boomerang has Arrived - The Maruti Ritz-dsc_7506.jpg  

My White Boomerang has Arrived - The Maruti Ritz-dsc_7507.jpg  

My White Boomerang has Arrived - The Maruti Ritz-dsc_7509.jpg  

My White Boomerang has Arrived - The Maruti Ritz-dsc_7511.jpg  

My White Boomerang has Arrived - The Maruti Ritz-dsc_7512.jpg  

My White Boomerang has Arrived - The Maruti Ritz-dsc_7518.jpg  

My White Boomerang has Arrived - The Maruti Ritz-dsc_7519.jpg  

Pumpy_Raj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2011, 18:57   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Default re: My White Boomerang has Arrived - The Maruti Ritz

Let me be the first.
Congratulations Rajesh
It sure is fun to drive the ritz.
Wish you many safe miles with your new baby.
Please post your drivinig experiences as soon as you come back from your Nanjangud trip.

Cheers
hemanth.anand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2011, 14:20   #3
BHPian

Finally a wait for 2 days and I got the official number for The White Tall Boy and thanks to the wonderful and overwhelming service by Mr.Praveen from Garuda Autocraft.

There are LOTS of differences between driving the toy- Maruti 800 and the Ritz.
Yesterday I drove to Office from Banashankari – Whitefield on the Ring road @ 6:30am, this time is a paradise for driving and drove back to malleswaram / Vijaynagar and Back home.
I got to know the real power though I did not cross 100kmsph (since don’t want to cross till I complete 1k).

Ritz is a super car with good space for the pilot than the Santro’s / i10’s etc...
FE Still not noted down. Hoping for a 15Km+ mileage.

There is a lot to admire about the Car with bare Min –ve points….
My likings are:
The spacious inner room.
Tall Boy - easy access to sit and exit.
Smooth Gears and easy access to the lever.
Semi powerful Head lights. Need suggestions in improve.
Great ground clearance.

Few –vs are:
Too huge for my dad to drive – but not for me.
Garware Sun films not too good
No audio system for a VXI - 5.3L Vehicle cost.
The quality of the number board given is very bad.

That’s for the 3day drive and Meter reading @ 180Kms. More updates after a long drive.

I have observed 2 small problems which needs check up.
1) There is a small sound on switching on the AC while driving.
2) A flap like sound is coming while braking at a speed.

***First thing I removed from the Car was the Ash Tray and the Plastic cover over the seats***

Proud to Own a Ritz
Rajesh
Old 17th March 2011, 16:19   #4
BHPian

Hi Rajesh,

Congratulations on a very sensible choice. Ritz is one of best Petrol hatches around. And the fact that it will be driven by you and your father, makes even more sense as elders find it easy to get-in and get-out of the car.

From time-to-time, Maruti comes up with schemes to promote its vehicles. So during that period, you can get a music system from either the dealer or the company even for a VXi. But in your case, you can go for one according to your preferences.

Have a happy time with your Boomerang.
SankalpDesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2011, 17:55   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hey Raj.
Congrats Man and welcome to Ritzy club.
The white color on Ritz really looks good.
Its really a good car to drive, i have the DDIS version of Ritz .
Did you get any discounts on the car and you got the car in march in which i guess you tend to get the best offers.
Also any freebies along with car.
Any upgraded done or planned .Will suggest change the headlamps asap as those stock lamps are of no use.

Cheers

Last edited by Schoudhury : 17th March 2011 at 17:56.
Schoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2011, 18:50   #6
BHPian

Hi Raj,

Congratulation on the Ritz.
I agree with Schoudhury on the point that the Ritz makes perfect sense since the car would be driven by you and your father. Excellent ergonomics.
And the ride quality is brilliant. It should suit your needs well. Good city car, at the same time, cruises well enough on the highways.

Request you to please give some details on the price/discounts you got from the dealer.

Enjoy and drive safe.
Sam

Last edited by samarth.bhatia : 17th March 2011 at 18:50. Reason: Typo
samarth.bhatia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2011, 20:24   #7
BHPian

Congrats mate. Ritz is a fantastic car. Just to quote an example of loyalty towards Ritz, my colleague's dad bought a Ritz. Without a second thought, my colleage bought another one!! White Ritz are few on the road and i am not sure why. White is fantastic color on Ritz
Lightening-Fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2011, 23:02   #8
BHPian

Thanks Fellow BHPians…

I know now 100% I have made the right choice in Ritz….

Tomorrow my dad is taking it for a ride (or the other way) he is planning to drive to office in CV Ramannagar…All the best to my dad.

We had a 1996 model 800 which had run nearly 74K, well maintained and pretty new tires. I think I got a good deal ok 45000 + 15000 exchange bonus on top of this a 25k discount. 2k corporate… A total of 87000 [FONT=Wingdings]J[/FONT] and paid 440000 on Road…

Along with the Ritz got basics like Mud Flaps / Floor Mats / sun film / extended warranty, central locking with remote…
Only thing missing is a stereo which I will plan in the coming month. Shortage of cash since we did not go for any loan.
Please suggest if the door speakers is enough or I need to go for an oval speakers with a plank for good output.

I sure would want to change the Head lights some time after getting updates from you guys.

I am also planning for a photo shoot in the grass lands near Hessarghatta soon with Hemanth.Anand as we did for his White Punto. Before that I want to get the IND Number plate fixed…any place with good rates would be helpful…

Rajesh
Old 18th March 2011, 20:30   #9
BHPian

Congrats and welcome to the ritz club.I am an owner of a Ritz VDi in bakers chocolate colour.White rocks.Sensible choice.Waiting for those mouth watering pics!Get those handles and ORVMs painted and tint the front quarter glass also.Yep I noticed it!
Drive her Safe
Sreehari

Last edited by shk 8896 : 18th March 2011 at 20:31.
shk 8896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2011, 23:37   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy_Raj View Post
I think I got a good deal ok 45000 + 15000 exchange bonus on top of this a 25k discount. 2k corporate… A total of 87000 [FONT=Wingdings]J[/FONT] and paid 440000 on Road…

Only thing missing is a stereo which I will plan in the coming month. Shortage of cash since we did not go for any loan.
Please suggest if the door speakers is enough or I need to go for an oval speakers with a plank for good output.

I sure would want to change the Head lights some time after getting updates from you guys.

I am also planning for a photo shoot in the grass lands near Hessarghatta soon with Hemanth.Anand as we did for his White Punto. Before that I want to get the IND Number plate fixed…any place with good rates would be helpful…

Rajesh
Rajesh.
Regarding the HU, i will suggest check out the new headunit which comes in ZXI, i saw that getting fitted in a VXI and guess what ,it has a USB port, i guess you can check that also.

For the headlamps and number plates you can visit Sachin's Autoshop in Koramangala.
Also please pm when you plan to go to grassland i will also accompany you guys .

Cheers.
Schoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2011, 10:58   #11
BHPian

Congrats pumpy for the Ritz. Looks best from the front end. The power delivery is so linear that you touch triple digit speeds in no time on the highways.
Happy driving the K-series.
Utopian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2011, 09:49   #12
BHPian

Thanks Sch and Utopian,

I am planning for a Drive with family to Mysore-Nanjingud this weekend and will test the light on the Highway. I may not try and test the Top speed this time but once I get the 1st service done, I will probably take a drive on NICE road.

And surely I will post in advance when I will plan for a Photo shoot in the grass land. Hope we all meet up sometime.

Last edited by Jaggu : 21st March 2011 at 10:00. Reason: Removing [Font] tags, please avoid copy paste from external font editors. Also do a Preview before Submitting posts. Thanks
Old 24th February 2012, 13:22   #13
BHPian

Default Re: My White Boomerang has Arrived - The Maruti Ritz

Adding one of the best pic of my Car taken till now. This was shot in the forest area between Gundelpet - Sulthanbatere. I Love My Car. Ritz Rocks. More Pics to continue.
A Black Spoiler is Missing. Need to fix that soon.
Attached Thumbnails
My White Boomerang has Arrived - The Maruti Ritz-1.jpg  

My White Boomerang has Arrived - The Maruti Ritz-2.jpg  

Old 24th February 2012, 15:51   #14
BHPian

Default Re: My White Boomerang has Arrived - The Maruti Ritz

The pictures look really awesome and scenic, the road also is good. I am planning a trip to Kerela would surely love to go on this road. Difficult to find such good roads in Bangalore.
Dushie is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote