Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Closed Thread

Old 16th March 2011, 20:21   #1
MDe
BHPian

Default Chevrolet Cruze 2011 - New Family member

I have been using a Santro for the past six and half years and was thinking of upgrading to a bigger car that I like. The thought has been there for the past few years but none of the cars in the segment that I could afford fitted the bill. My daily drive is more than 65Kms so diesel was the way to go, but the cars that I saw around (Vernas and Fiestas) never appealed to me for one reason or the other. I love performance based cars but being an average Indian, was also keeping the efficiency in mind. Verna would have satisfied one criteria and Fiesta the other.

Both of them however did not fit my expectations of looks. No offence, but both of them are very normal looking and they never appealed enough. An year and half back back, I had pushed my limit and went to check the Optra Magnum considering the good power and overall value for money, but again, somehow my senses held me from going for it considering the talks of it going out of the market.

With all of that, Cruze hit the market and I was completely amazed by the way it looked. So I researched on it further only to realize that it offers awesome power and everything that I wanted in a car. That was the defining moment for me to go for the cruze. But yes, budget constraints were still there and I had to work my way up for the Cruze.

So I gave it a push and went in to Kun kawadiguda for a test drive. Sadly, they did not have a car available for test drive. However, the sales assistant Kishore promised to bring a car to my residence for a test drive. So we confirmed the plan for next weekend and I went home waiting to get my hands on the car.

As promised, Kishore called me on Saturday asking for directions to my place. He reached on time with a Maroon LTZ. Happy and excited, first thing I did was to try parking it in my parking slot (Thanks to the strategy from mobike008). It went in perfectly fine. So now, we decided to hit the road. I decided to take the rear seat to start with, just to check the comfort level. After a few minutes, couldnt resist and decided to get on the driver's seat. Took the car to the highway and drove for a few kms. It was everybit what I expected it to be, but it did take time for me to get used to the RPM range of a diesel motor considering me coming from a petrol background. Next I went through some crowded roads to come back home. Happy and satisfied, went back home with a clear plan to go for it.

I did receive a followup call from Kun and told them that I would make the booking soon. In the mean time, I did check with Orange guys too, but did not get a great response so came back to Kun.

Now the dilemma on color started. Somehow I thought white diamond was good, so I went to the Kun Kondapur showroom to check it. It was just fine. Just then I saw a black Cruze parked in the basement of the showroom. It was a beauty. At that moment I decided to go for the black.

Come Valentine's day, wife asked for a gift so I thought what better way than to book the car itself. So I met Kishore, paid the booking amount and booked a Black LT. Wife became super happy with the news. I decided to take the delivery in March first week. It somehow turned out to be a very beneficial decision. Going through all the threads I started hearing the news of the 2011 Cruze getting launched. I enquired with the showroom and they dint have a clue about it. So I mailed GM Sales. To my surpise I received a response in 12 hours asking me for the agency that I was buying the car from. Once I responded, I received a call from GM of sales for Kun confirming that they will give me the 2011 car with new features like ACC, steering mounted audio control, six speakers, USB and all. I ws super thrilled and readily agreed to paying the differential amount for the same.

While I was waiting for the car, one day when I was driving to work, I saw some olympic white Cruze and some Audi A4s on the road that looked awesome in white. Again, going back to mobike008's thread, I checked the snaps and white cruze looked like the right thing. So I called and changed my booking to Olympic white. Thanks to Avinash's post again.

The finance processing was also on the way. The finance guy helped me get a loan from SBI, so had to go to SBI and wait for some time to sign the agreements. Finally it was all done and I was ready to pick up the car. I wanted to pick it up on monday on my way to work, but I was told that all the work and matting would finish in the second half of the day so it was no way possible for me to pick it up on monday.

So on tuesday morning, I called Kishore and confirmed if the car was ready. He confirmed that it was ready and I could pick it up. So I called for a cab, both me and my wife went to the Kun Kawadiguda showroom where my Cruze was waiting for me. The first look of the car and I was so excited. Both of us parked our bags and went to the car to check everything in flesh and blood. The black interiors looked great and the black seats added up to the cosmetic factor.

The center display unit was bigger now just like the LTZ. Illuminated vanity mirror added up to my wife's happiness

So I followed the pre-delivery checklist and got all the details. Removed all the plastics from the seats, dint let them put the ribbons, waved a bye to Kun guys and headed to the temple. After the pooja, we headed to work fully happy and excited. Getting used to the clutch and the RPM range is taking time, but I am enjoying every bit of it. So far, I have not used the CD player and am completely dependent on the USB stick. Here are some of the pictures on my car and the interiors. Clicked from the phone as of now, but I will click some good pics soon and put them up for everyone.
Attached Thumbnails
Chevrolet Cruze 2011 - New Family member-photo0133.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze 2011 - New Family member-photo0129.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze 2011 - New Family member-photo0130.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze 2011 - New Family member-photo0131.jpg  

Chevrolet Cruze 2011 - New Family member-photo0132.jpg  

Last edited by MDe : 16th March 2011 at 20:54.
MDe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2011, 20:53   #2
BHPian

Default Re: Chevrolet Cruze 2011 - New Family member

Congrats on your new car. Lovely choice of car and color. You will surely get used to driving her soon.
Have you thought of a name for your "new family member"? What extra accessories/fittings did you get done from the dealer?
Old 16th March 2011, 21:07   #3
BHPian

Super good looking car man!!! Congo..awesome looking I must say, esp white. What an upgrade you've had. From a santro to Cruze?
How much was OTR?
Old 16th March 2011, 21:07   #4
BHPian

Hi
Congrats on your new car. I agree it looks beautiful in white. But i suggest you add bit more details in your blog, like, total on road cost, freebies, accessories, initial impression etc. You should add more photos when you are free. Cheers.
Old 16th March 2011, 21:41   #5
BHPian

Congrats Mate, Excellent choice, Cruze does look great in white. Drive safe.
Old 16th March 2011, 21:41   #6
MDe
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilguy View Post
Congrats on your new car. Lovely choice of car and color. You will surely get used to driving her soon.
Have you thought of a name for your "new family member"? What extra accessories/fittings did you get done from the dealer?
@Neilguy: Thanks for your wishes. I need to be innovative in christening the beauty. Open for suggestions. I plan to drive it the way I got it as it has everything and I did not find a need to add any accessories. I will get some tints and seat covers down the line. Thats it for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrajasaravanan View Post
Hi
Congrats on your new car. I agree it looks beautiful in white. But i suggest you add bit more details in your blog, like, total on road cost, freebies, accessories, initial impression etc. You should add more photos when you are free. Cheers.
@drrajasaravanan: I will add some more details soon. Probably on a weekend. Thanks for your wishes.
Old 17th March 2011, 06:42   #7
BHPian

Congrats on your car! If I say it looks awesome, that would just be blowing my own horn eh
Old 17th March 2011, 07:43   #8
Senior - BHPian

Congrats MDe. Wishing you a safe and long ownership.

While reading the post i was excited that i would be a able to see a Black Cruz now. But then i guess White is the favourite color for Cruz. If i am not wrong all the T-BHP reviews by owners have been for white. I agree it definitely looks awesome.
Old 17th March 2011, 08:16   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on your car! If I say it looks awesome, that would just be blowing my own horn eh

Nice to see a "White" chevy again

Great car MDe, Congrats on the purchase
Old 17th March 2011, 08:32   #10
BHPian

Greetings from another Cruze owner. This vehicle floors me everytime I floor the pedal! Drive safe.

One question though, the new Headunit, does it also come with bluetooth? Also, have you tried connecting an iPod to the USB interface?
Old 17th March 2011, 08:49   #11
BHPian

Yes - it has bluetooth + ipod connectivity. I have tested the ipod connectivity alone.
Old 17th March 2011, 09:26   #12
BANNED

Congrats on your new car. Cruze is a hit in white colour.
I may sound dumb but what are the diff in 2001 model then previous ones and is there a increase in price?
Old 17th March 2011, 09:43   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubuS View Post
Yes - it has bluetooth + ipod connectivity. I have tested the ipod connectivity alone.
I am so much more desperate now to get the new HU. Will mail GM and see what they have to say and if its possible to get the new HU installed in the older models. I feel short changed. :(
Old 17th March 2011, 09:47   #14
BHPian

Yeah but you have 6 cd changer while ours is a 1 cd player
Old 17th March 2011, 10:28   #15
BHPian

Congrats on the car, IMO it looks superb in white!. Just one query, in this version is the chrome panel replaced by a normal white panel ? How much was the down-payment and monthly EMI?
Closed Thread