Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 3rd May 2011, 17:37   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Ford Figo TDCI Titanium. Sea Grey. 1500Kms report and initial experience

Thanks Figo_United. From your message i take it that ICE issues are common in Figo's. But when I checked with Cauvery they had not heard of such issues before which prompted me to leave my car for diagnostics with them. Anyway, so is BT call quality is not so great then according to your experience?. I did try calling a paired phone on the Test drive car the call was great and the person speaking was in the backseat. Now there are issues in my car hopefully it gets fixed. Will update you by end of this week.

As for FE. Thats the maximum it goes i guess. I get a DTE reading of around 650 nowadays. i.e ~14.5KMPL when i fill the tank with auto cutoff. but DTE hardly drops, what I mean by this is if I travel 10 KMS, DTE would have dropped by 5-6KMS. so obviously the car is giving more than 14.5. In my last tank fill, after travelling 548(All city) the tank was able to hold 34.2 ltrs so by that calculation its around 16Kms. What is the mileage you are getting? From your location I think even you drive in Bangalore right?
charansuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2011, 18:08   #17
BHPian

Default Re: Ford Figo TDCI Titanium. Sea Grey. 1500Kms report and initial experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by charansuki View Post
Thanks Figo_United. From your message i take it that ICE issues are common in Figo's. But when I checked with Cauvery they had not heard of such issues before which prompted me to leave my car for diagnostics with them. Anyway, so is BT call quality is not so great then according to your experience?. I did try calling a paired phone on the Test drive car the call was great and the person speaking was in the backseat. Now there are issues in my car hopefully it gets fixed. Will update you by end of this week.
Havent heard from my folks about me not being audible whenever I speak on the BT. Just that I've been told to be a bit more louder sometimes.

Didnt you notice multiple echoes when you called your paired phone from within the car? I tried it from the front seat with both phones nearby, and the result was quite funny

Quote:
As for FE. Thats the maximum it goes i guess. I get a DTE reading of around 650 nowadays. i.e ~14.5KMPL when i fill the tank with auto cutoff. but DTE hardly drops, what I mean by this is if I travel 10 KMS, DTE would have dropped by 5-6KMS. so obviously the car is giving more than 14.5. In my last tank fill, after travelling 548(All city) the tank was able to hold 34.2 ltrs so by that calculation its around 16Kms. What is the mileage you are getting? From your location I think even you drive in Bangalore right?
Even I get a DTE around 650-700 usually.
Yes, I drive in bangalore and Mysore.
I travel from banashankari till marathalli in the horrible traffic

A combination of my full week's drive in bangalore, and a weekend drive to mysore and back, gives me a FE around 16 - 16.5.

Have tried driving from mysore to bangalore at a constant speed around 80-90 just once, and I got a FE of around 19.5. otherwise I get around 17.5-18 on the highways.
figo_united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2011, 18:23   #18

Hi Charansuki, can you share from where you got the PackyPoda mats in Bangalore?
santhosh_pmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2011, 19:35   #19
BHPian

Yes I did notice the multiple echoes when both the phones users are in the car. Thats just normal acoustics principles i guess. Wish the voice quality was little better. Will see if there are any out of market ways to improve. Any suggestions welcome

Thanks for the FE inputs. Happy to know I am getting the same as others in Bangalore.

I drive from nagarbhavi to Leela palace... worst traffic with Mysore road and metro constructions all the way.
Old 3rd May 2011, 19:37   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_pmi View Post
Hi Charansuki, can you share from where you got the PackyPoda mats in Bangalore?
Hi Santosh, I bought the mats from Car spa in the basement of Mantri mall in Bangalore, its in all major malls in bangalore and offer car cleaning services upon entry to the mall. They also have a small shop generally in the parking area for car related products
charansuki is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2011, 00:17   #21
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks for the FE inputs. Happy to know I am getting the same as others in Bangalore.
Same? I said I get 16.5 in combination of city+highway, so effectively my city mileage should be between 14-15 max. You are far ahead
Old 4th May 2011, 10:59   #22

Quote:
Hi Santosh, I bought the mats from Car spa in the basement of Mantri mall in Bangalore, its in all major malls in bangalore and offer car cleaning services upon entry to the mall. They also have a small shop generally in the parking area for car related products

Thanks Charansuki for sharing the info. I will get one for mine soon
santhosh_pmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2011, 14:14   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhosh_pmi View Post
Thanks Charansuki for sharing the info. I will get one for mine soon
You are welcome, Glad I could Help.

Got my car back from the service station. They have done a pretty good job of fixing my car up from damages. below is the list of the job done

1. Rear left wheel arch tinkering
2. Rear left wheel arch - Painting
3. Front bumper Right Wheel arch - Painting
4. Front Bumper Left side - Painting
5. Door handles X 2, Left Side - Painting
6. Left side Mirror - Painting
6. Boot ( The bumper was pushed in about 1cm and the locking was not so smooth, I had to slam the door to get it locked) - Boot door and bumper fixed now its as good as new

All this cost me 5.3K inclusive of Tax. Got the full body wash and interior detailing free. My friend who has a Maruti said this is a good deal and it would cost more even for Alto if he had similar repairs. Can anybody comment if this was a good deal? will be useful for future

As for the Audio issues, the technician checked it and said these are common issues in door mounted speakers, With the bass there is rattling because there is no space for proper acoustics for bass unlike boot mounted speakers. The BT call quality can be improved if AC blower is off or in "1" setting, I checked it and it seemed to work there in the service station.

Overall happy with the service and quality of repairs and no issue so far with A.S.S in cauvery ford.
Old 4th May 2011, 14:45   #24
BHPian

Quote:
You are welcome, Glad I could Help.

Got my car back from the service station. They have done a pretty good job of fixing my car up from damages. below is the list of the job done

1. Rear left wheel arch tinkering
2. Rear left wheel arch - Painting
3. Front bumper Right Wheel arch - Painting
4. Front Bumper Left side - Painting
5. Door handles X 2, Left Side - Painting
6. Left side Mirror - Painting
6. Boot ( The bumper was pushed in about 1cm and the locking was not so smooth, I had to slam the door to get it locked) - Boot door and bumper fixed now its as good as new

All this cost me 5.3K inclusive of Tax. Got the full body wash and interior detailing free. My friend who has a Maruti said this is a good deal and it would cost more even for Alto if he had similar repairs. Can anybody comment if this was a good deal? will be useful for future

As for the Audio issues, the technician checked it and said these are common issues in door mounted speakers, With the bass there is rattling because there is no space for proper acoustics for bass unlike boot mounted speakers. The BT call quality can be improved if AC blower is off or in "1" setting, I checked it and it seemed to work there in the service station.

Overall happy with the service and quality of repairs and no issue so far with A.S.S in cauvery ford.
thats great. Could you share some pics of the repair work done?
Was the front bumper fully repainted? I'd checked that half bumper repainting costs around 1.2k.
Old 4th May 2011, 15:35   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
thats great. Could you share some pics of the repair work done?
Was the front bumper fully repainted? I'd checked that half bumper repainting costs around 1.2k.

Sure I will share the pics soon, may be tomorrow. Yes half bumper painting was quoted as 1.5 K for me but eventually came down to 1K (When I enquired 1 month ago). I decided to wait a bit longer and accumulate few more scratches before getting it fixed. Now that I had a dent in the car I decided to fix all for once.

Tinkering and Painting on the full rear arch metal surface was quoted as 3.5K. there was also some minor scratch on the rear left door. when asked to fix it they quoted 4K for full door painting but was promptly told not to go for the door painting and they will fix that scratch along with the wheel arch for free. That was very good of them. So finally the service rep gave a quote of 6K for all the major scratches and tinkering but agreed for approx 5K. all the minor scratches (Even the ones that I did not point out) were fixed free of cost. this was not a touch up job but actual spray paint job. I am surprised that Ford is offering this kind of detail to service and customer satisfaction after what I had heard about Ikon and Fiesta services. or May be its just cauvery ford because they are newly re-launched in Bangalore.
Old 23rd August 2011, 21:42   #26
BHPian

Hi,
I agree .... 0 discounts on FORD in pune & surprisingly the sales guy was no at all interested in selling the ford, Exactly opposite of the Maruti Sales guy... he was hungry for a SALE.
Also 1 input on which I had my doubts. the ford guy mentioned the octroi in Pune is 2%. Can anyone confirm it please!!! as the On road price for titanium diesel in Pune is 6.31 L and outside octroi is 6.28 L
T & R
KD
krdeshmukh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2011, 12:08   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krdeshmukh View Post
Hi,
I agree .... 0 discounts on FORD in pune & surprisingly the sales guy was no at all interested in selling the ford, Exactly opposite of the Maruti Sales guy... he was hungry for a SALE.
Also 1 input on which I had my doubts. the ford guy mentioned the octroi in Pune is 2%. Can anyone confirm it please!!! as the On road price for titanium diesel in Pune is 6.31 L and outside octroi is 6.28 L
T & R
KD
Well I am from Kolhapur but got Figo from Talera Ford Yerwada. The sales person was Mr. Shrikant (88 05 02 85 84) please contact him he will change your opinion. If required Tell him My reference(mr. R.S.Patil) and Delivery date was 21 Jul 2011. For saving some money you can opt for own registration and Insurance processing, Extended warranty at end of Factory warranty. I saved about 10K to 15K in this process. If there are any hassles contact Ford custcare (Bindhu Vinod) she will help you to get things through. Please dont drop buying Figo due to these small issues surpassing these issues you will be smiling in long term. Its my personal experience. My personal opinion is Figo is Far better car than Maruthi Cars in similar price range.
whitelion is offline   Reply With Quote