Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 24th March 2011, 19:58   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Blutrot VW Vento TDI HL von Deutschland

Hi motorhead5,

congratulations on your ride and the accessories like front chrome, the rear chrome, the tyres, mats and specially the seatcovers are just fantast..tabulous.

The entire look is of super class and elegance I'd like to commend you on your rich taste.

After a long time I have seen money well spent.

regards
Amit Mohan
amit mohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2011, 00:12   #47
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Typing a message which is not a value-addition to the topic being discussed, or is just entirely irrelevant is considered as “Spam” on this community. Spamming is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP.

We advise you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 28th March 2011 at 19:13.
Roshan_v_k is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 25th March 2011, 09:41   #48
BHPian

Hi!

Those seat covers are amazing!!! Nice car, superb color and yes, it looks best without the spoiler!

The gear pattern is similar to opel corsa. I believe you have to pull the gear nob up to engage reverse, right?

I have been convincing my F-I-L to let go his corsa and get a vento TDI now. I had forwarded him the GTO's review and will also share the link to your thread!!

Waiting period for VW's is still a concern. Why are they going the Maruti way? 4+ months of waiting period is killing.

Cheers!
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2011, 11:54   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead5 View Post
Mainly paint is getting off from edges easily and its not acceptable. I think even the slightest of the things like cleaning is taking the paint away. I have reported this to the dealer. Will be taking a few pics and giving it to them officially. I too have serious reservations on the paint shop capabilities after my recent experience with the spoiler painting. Btw, I've decided to live without a spoiler

Great. Enjoy!!. I am still below 500km mark and has a long way to go. Looks like I have to start with a lot of night and weekend drives to match your numbers
motorhead5: Belated congratulations on your red Vento TDI HL!

I saw your post on the tyres but somehow missed your thread.

I am not sure what a rear-spoiler for the Vento is, but your car looks pretty complete to me as it is. As others have said, it is refreshing to see a red Vento for a change.

The black with red piping upholstery suits the car well.

I don't have much faith in our Bangalore dealer. I sure won't go to them for a paint-job. I would have to check on the corrosion warranty before I decide definitively though.

I am surprised that there are some who are having problems with the paint quality out of the factory. I wonder if anything has changed in the past few months. My Polo has had no such problems except for a gash on the bonnet where someone dropped heavy machinery on it.
nowwhat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2011, 12:24   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit mohan View Post
congratulations on your ride and the accessories like front chrome, the rear chrome, the tyres, mats and specially the seatcovers are just fantast..tabulous.

The entire look is of super class and elegance I'd like to commend you on your rich taste.

After a long time I have seen money well spent.
Thanks Amit and Roshan!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
Hi!

Those seat covers are amazing!!! Nice car, superb color and yes, it looks best without the spoiler!

The gear pattern is similar to opel corsa. I believe you have to pull the gear nob up to engage reverse, right?

I have been convincing my F-I-L to let go his corsa and get a vento TDI now. I had forwarded him the GTO's review and will also share the link to your thread!!

Waiting period for VW's is still a concern. Why are they going the Maruti way? 4+ months of waiting period is killing.

Cheers!
Thanks ObsessedByFIAT!. Hope you could convince your FIL on a new Vento. My guess is that the delivery delay issues are getting better. I see a lot of deliveries and new Ventos on road these days. One of my friend who booked it 3 months back in Cochin is getting delivery next week though the initial estimate was 6 months. And on gear, you have to press the gear down and then move it to 1st gear position to put reverse.

Last edited by GTO : 28th March 2011 at 19:13. Reason: Removing quoted post which has been deleted
motorhead5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2011, 15:26   #51
BHPian

Belated congratulations for your first RED Vento

keep us updated on further mods you are applying on your car since i am also in market for possible vento mods as well.
karansm4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2011, 16:55   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
I am not sure what a rear-spoiler for the Vento is
Following is the boot pic with rear spoiler for vento
Name:  trunk_accent_spoiler.jpg
Views: 8720
Size:  69.4 KB
karansm4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2011, 17:49   #53
BHPian

I think the spoiler looks funky.....

@moto may be you could get the spoiler done somewhere else, the car looks gorgeous already, but this would definitely add to the glamour... JC road perhaps(?)
Caramba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2011, 19:33   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karansm4u View Post
Following is the boot pic with rear spoiler for vento
karansm4u: Thanks for the picture!

I guess the spoiler is a matter of taste. Personally I wouldn't favor it.

If anything, it may go with the red color Vento as I have seen red Mitsubishis with bigger spoilers and they do look good.

I assume there is some way for water to flow off after the spoiler is attached.
nowwhat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2011, 16:36   #55
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your vento, it looks quite HOT in red, infact it seems to have heated up this thread too. I like the art seats, and how they blend well with the red exteriors. Superb fit and finish. Wishing you many miles of joyful motoring with your frugal and hugely capable TDI Red beauty!
Drive Safe!
mdsaab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2011, 11:57   #56
BHPian

What a beauty, I really liked the seat covers, It definitely looks like a Stanley,
Hope you have safe and many miles with the beauty.
Gocool2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2011, 20:24   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
I am not sure what a rear-spoiler for the Vento is, but your car looks pretty complete to me as it is. As others have said, it is refreshing to see a red Vento for a change.

The black with red piping upholstery suits the car well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramba View Post
I think the spoiler looks funky.....

@moto may be you could get the spoiler done somewhere else, the car looks gorgeous already, but this would definitely add to the glamour... JC road perhaps(?)
Thanks guys!
Looks like most folks in the forum are not big fans of spoilers. The fact is I still would like to have one. Anyway, its on hold as of now. I will think about it after a few weeks or months
Quote:
Originally Posted by karansm4u View Post
Belated congratulations for your first RED Vento

keep us updated on further mods you are applying on your car since i am also in market for possible vento mods as well.
Sure. So what have you done till now and whats your experience so far?. Share pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdsaab View Post
Congratulations on your vento, it looks quite HOT in red, infact it seems to have heated up this thread too. I like the art seats, and how they blend well with the red exteriors. Superb fit and finish. Wishing you many miles of joyful motoring with your frugal and hugely capable TDI Red beauty!
Drive Safe!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gocool2007 View Post
What a beauty, I really liked the seat covers, It definitely looks like a Stanley,
Hope you have safe and many miles with the beauty.
Thanks mdsaab and Gocool2007!

Was out this weekend giving rest to my red girl. Hopefully, I can go for a long drive coming weekend (Long one).
Old 29th March 2011, 21:38   #58
BHPian

Hey hows the paint on boot lid now? hope its all fine now. Well i had been on another drive last weekend. Went to Kannur for half a day, and back.
srikant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th March 2011, 23:42   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
Hey hows the paint on boot lid now? hope its all fine now. Well i had been on another drive last weekend. Went to Kannur for half a day, and back.
Didn't lose further paint from what we had seen last time, which is good news. But I'd rather wait for another 2 weeks and then see. Will take some pics and send it soon. Was out this weekend.

I am not in favor of these 'hour' trips. I would rather prefer 2-3 days trips
Old 30th March 2011, 13:39   #60
BHPian

One quick question to Vento owners - What is the the air pressure that you guys are maintaining in tyres? The spec from VW is a little confusing as it varies a lot with load (number of people/luggage on board). I am maintaining 32 on all 4 tyres as of now. Did you guys find a better number, which give better handling/ride quality and mileage? Btw, I am having Yokohama - 205-55-R15s.