Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 1st June 2011, 04:12   #46
BHPian

Default re: Nano and life beyond 10K Kms !!!

Nano has been with Fortune motors since last 5 days.
Got a big dent on running board while negotiating a narrow lane and poorly designed kerbing ( which had sharp edge ) and getting it changed under warranty.

Since the running board is not a different section, it totally costs aorund 5.5 K.

They however do not replace the whole section , instead cut the entire running board part and weld it.

With warranty you only end up paying 500rs since metal parts value does not depreciate as per the TATA motors personal in the first 6 months of ownership. post 6 months you need to pay 10% the value of the metal part if you are getting it replcaed under warranty.

TATA motors worli were ready to repair the same for 3700rs, but i opted to get it done under warranty and lose No claim bonus.
silverado is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 07:43   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Nano has been with Fortune motors since last 5 days.
Got a big dent on running board while negotiating a narrow lane and poorly designed kerbing ( which had sharp edge ) and getting it changed under warranty.

Since the running board is not a different section, it totally costs aorund 5.5 K.

They however do not replace the whole section , instead cut the entire running board part and weld it.

With warranty you only end up paying 500rs since metal parts value does not depreciate as per the TATA motors personal in the first 6 months of ownership. post 6 months you need to pay 10% the value of the metal part if you are getting it replcaed under warranty.

TATA motors worli were ready to repair the same for 3700rs, but i opted to get it done under warranty and lose No claim bonus.
Boss what you have done is used Insurance and not warranty. Warranty is for manufacturing defect which in this case its not. And yes, you will lose your No Claim Bonus.

Cheers
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 19:02   #48
BHPian

Ohh yes milecruncher!
I mistakenly wrote Warranty.

I will be getting her back tommorow, i am missing it so much.
Lots of trips to be made in moonsoons and Nano is gonna be my ride!
Old 1st June 2011, 21:15   #49
Senior - BHPian

My first feel of Prerana Motors Bangalore and the staff behavior was far better than I thought. It was very irritating and unhappy when I did a test drive of Punto 2 years back at Concorde, thats another dealer in the city. I think Tata is giving more importance to customer relationship as also commented by another Tata user. Hope the service department also goes through this transformation.

My nano is registered and got its number. Delivery is opted for Friday, 3rd June, although the documents and plastic card might be all ready by tomorrow. Excited about the sunshine cutie coming home. My 5 year boy who was a 'big car' fan (Fiesta lover since 2 yrs) is only talking about his upcoming yellow car even in his sleep ! He thinks and tells others that the yellow car is so small he will be allowed to drive it to school
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2011, 21:20   #50
BHPian

@Shajufx

Kids in my building actually asked me if they can drive this since it looked so simple to them!

All of them want a ride in Nano at every given oppurtunity.
Admiration guaranteed suits Nano perfectly, and yes it surely fits the bill as far as Khushiyon ki chaabi tag is concerned.

Make sure you buy a Nano scale model from the dealer for your kid, its worth 180rs and of good quality and good detailing.

looking forward to your Nano's pics and experience.
Old 1st June 2011, 21:33   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
....Make sure you buy a Nano scale model from the dealer for your kid, its worth 180rs and of good quality and good detailing. looking forward to your Nano's pics and experience.
Thanks buddy, I did not know about the scale model, will check when I go there on Friday. I am not thinking about another nano thread, may be I have to eat up bit of someone else's thread for the purpose
Old 1st June 2011, 21:39   #52
BHPian

@shajufx

Lets not worry about whose thread you are posting as long as you are sharing the experience called Nano.

I have myself been posting on Selfdrive's thread a lot as well untill i realised i had my own

Mine has done 1258kms and the first service is just a Eye wash and waste of Free coupon since they simply wash the car and check if there are any issues.

The first time engine oil will be changed is when it will go beyond 10K mark.

I am intrested to know your planned list of accesories for the car.
Old 2nd June 2011, 01:11   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Make sure you buy a Nano scale model from the dealer for your kid, its worth 180rs and of good quality and good detailing.
My wife's Nano is named "Tweety". A good friend of ours and senior member here Hillram gifted her Nano T-Shirt and a yellow small teddy to hang in the car. Looks awesome!
Old 2nd June 2011, 01:46   #54
BANNED

Default Nano in my life!

My dad always neded a yellow nano , but I dont !

one fine day my dad and mom with my younger bro came to visit us at trivandrum all the way from thrissur in our old M800.

It was a sunday we roamed around in trivandrum city and we reached the hot spot of city - The Shangumukam beach.

to be frank we had no plans of buying a new car while entering to the canopy marketing stall of the Kulathungal motors , But my dad had a hidden agenda to convince me of nano That to a yellow one .

we sit and talked for more than 2 hours , Bargaining going on , plans changed , I landed up in Vista terra QJD (pearl white)

Kulathungal motors agreed to take my 100000 KM clocked 1989 M800 for 35,000 INR plus 15,000INR exchange bonus and 15,000INR cash disconut , we made it a deal and booked it.

after that Dad took me to Nano , a yellow one

Me and my bro was amazed by seeing his addiction to yellow nano.

we started the talks and negotiation , they offered a gold coin (still I have not yet recived) , floor mats , mud flaps , reverse horn , free insurance , seat covers a full tank petrol (14 litres)

Then went for a test drive in which I was amazed , my bro was amazed , saw my dad like a little boy happy with the toy and mom the happiest with my wife.

There was no force resisting us to book it , and we booked our second one on the same day paying Rs 5000 for both each.

Took delivery the very next week , Am happy seeing smiles around.

No matter of engine capacity , BHP , pulling blah blah ....I see a hell lot of smiles around - Peace of mind ! Nirvana !

My wife is always excited hearing the kids screaming - Yellow Nano (Manja nano in Malayalam) when we go for rounds through the country roads.

Now the first service is over , no head aches because we maintain it like a baby in the family - Thank you Ratan Tata !

I also sticked the yellow LTD sticker on the back
Attached Images

Last edited by foby.sebastian : 2nd June 2011 at 01:58.
foby.sebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2011, 03:00   #55
BHPian

@foby.sebastian

Amazing story!

You are lucky to have experienced 2 outstanding vehicles and 2 very famous ones in Indian automobile history.

You got an excellent deal , please share the On road price of the same.

Its just like a baby for us as well!
I feel like lifting her in my arms and taking her home whenever i park her

That day when i hit the running board and got a huge dent , wifey was scared to look at the dent and everytime she did, it hurt.

Our nano has been out for more than a week now for that repair and i missed her dearly, will be getting her back tommorow

I plan to use Nano on my usual highway trips which i plan to do during moonsoons, my only concern being the puny wash wipe nozzles and their fittment on the wiper!

Yellow IMO is the best colour for Nano along with Champenge gold of course!
Old 2nd June 2011, 07:16   #56
BHPian

Red face re: Nano and life beyond 10K Kms !!!

Quote:
@Shajufx

Can you please tell from where in mumbai (which showroom) did you buy it ? Are various colours available ? Can you post a pic of it too !

ajay387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2011, 11:59   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
......I am intrested to know your planned list of accesories for the car.
I posted it somewhere else, as of now, nothing is planned. Want to use the stock for sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by foby.sebastian View Post
......I also sticked the yellow LTD sticker on the back
Congrats buddy. I too have an LTD sticker left from the old stock. Curious to see how it looks on your car. Must be a perfect yellow >< yellow match
Old 2nd June 2011, 19:34   #58
BHPian

@ajay387

Scale models were brought from FORTUNE MOtors , near marwah house Sakinaka, they only have pearl white and red , they also have punto, linea, fiat 500 all in scale of 1:43

Last edited by silverado : 2nd June 2011 at 19:36. Reason: incorrect reply
silverado is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2011, 14:34   #59
Senior - BHPian

Default Nano Delivery taken !

Quote:
.....Scale models were brought from FORTUNE MOtors ,......
Hi buddy, I could not find any scale models in the showroom today. Also they dont have neck rest.

I took my Sunshine Yellow Nano delivery today. My 5 year old boy was more excited than any of us as he thought its bought for his school trips. I went to the showroom with my boy and he was jumping around the car with excitement. People in the showroom were all smiling non-stop till we left. It was a very pleasant experience with my sales guy as I always had issues in the past with Maruti and Ford. I gifted him an AXE Deo and collected the documents and 5 lts petrol coupon. It was around 15 kms drive to home in thick traffic and things I noticed in this short time:

1) AC is super cool and very fast chilling
2) No power dropping felt while AC is ON
3) Left rear view mirror is badly missing (I have never driven till date this way)
4) Engine is very peppy and power is perfect for the city
5) Found the seat fabric and stitching as good as any Maruti
6) Perfect for weekly grocery shopping and family needs around the city

Its 100% stock and nothing is done on it and I will keep it that way as long as I can. But left mirror is something I cant easily get used to, because city driving is always on a multi lane road and frequent shifting lanes is a necessity as we constantly take deviations at cross roads.

Anyone got a left mirror stock or third-party ? Please suggest something. Blind spot on the left is an issue even with a left mirror, now without that, I am just thinking how to get over it !!!

Last edited by shajufx : 3rd June 2011 at 14:44.
Old 3rd June 2011, 14:47   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Hi buddy, I could not find any scale models in the showroom today. Also they dont have neck rest.

I took my Sunshine Yellow Nano delivery today. My 5 year old boy was more excited than any of us as he thought its bought for his school trips. I went to the showroom with my boy and he was jumping around the car with excitement. People in the showroom were all smiling non-stop till we left. It was a very pleasant experience with my sales guy as I always had issues in the past with Maruti and Ford. I gifted him an AXE Deo and collected the documents and 5 lts petrol coupon. It was around 15 kms drive to home in thick traffic and things I noticed in this short time:

1) AC is super cool and very fast chilling
2) No power dropping felt while AC is ON
3) Left rear view mirror is badly missing (I have never driven till date this way)
4) Engine is very peppy and power is perfect for the city
5) Found the seat fabric and stitching as good as any Maruti
6) Perfect for weekly grocery shopping and family needs around the city

Its 100% stock and nothing is done on it and I will keep it that way as long as I can. But left mirror is something I cant easily get used to, because city driving is always on a multi lane road and frequent shifting lanes is a necessity as we constantly take deviations at cross roads.

Anyone got a left mirror stock or third-party ? Please suggest something. Blind spot on the left is an issue even with a left mirror, now without that, I am just thinking how to get over it !!!
Let me be the first to congratulate you. Your take on the Nano quite similar to mine. Even I need the left mirror badly so if anybody has already got it, please let us know where to get it.
Cheers