Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 5th March 2013, 05:26   #31
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Scorpio Mhawk BS4 VLX Automatic 4x4 with Airbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Hi tanwaramit,

Sorry to butt in, but please have a look at the thread given below before you take the plunge.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...n-stopped.html (Mahindra Scorpio Automatic - Production stopped)

Cheers,
Vikram
Yeah, aware of that thread, but I want to know how is the vehicle doing and how are service centers responding to issues. Since I am in Delhi, the service centers here might be more knowledgeable as compared to other places. As far as I know the vehicle is still available for sale through dealers.

Also, I am looking for used vehicle, it will keep my costs further down.
tanwaramit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 20:20   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Hows the vehicle doing now ? I am planning for AT Scorpio, do share your inputs now that its more than 2 years of driving.
I am still in love with the vehicle. No problem till date. But I were to buy a new SUV it will not be a Mahindra for the sole reason - Absolutely pathetic interior and the worst space utilization. Even a maruti 800 has a better glove box, dashboard then my scorpio
mbhangui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2013, 20:29   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbhangui View Post

I am still in love with the vehicle. No problem till date.
Thanks. But there is no other diesel AT SUV at this price range. I can live with that short interior space as of now. Scorpio makes the best bet at this price point. How many kms have you done as of now?
tanwaramit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2014, 19:52   #34
BHPian

Woken up from a long slumber. I think I should name my vehicle as Kumbhakarna. I shifted from Chennai to Pune in 2012 after 21 long years. The scorpio proved to be very useful. Drove from Chennai to Pune in a single day and did 3 round trips between Pune and Chennai because I had to sell my house at Chennai. Plenty of things happened after the shifting (son's engg college admission, job change, etc) and hence was not able to drive that much.

During this period I did my first 10,000 KM service without any issue. Last week I completed 20,000 service. I had noticed that the transmission fluid for power steering leaking between the reservoir and the rubber pipe. During the service I told Silver Jubilee motors to fix the leak. By the time I took the vehicle delivery, I couldn't check the leak as it was night. Next day, I noticed the leak and gave a piece of my mind to Mahindra Customer care. They recommended me to take the vehicle to Sahyadri Motors at Wakad (also offered me vehicle pickup). However, I took the vehicle to Sahyadri Motors at Wagholi myself and saw to that the leak was fixed. The issue with the leak was due to Mahindra's design fault. Almost all the hose pipes have this push kind of clamp. Not sure if they have changed this clamps on newer vehicles, XUV 500 and Xylo.

This is the Push hose clamp (you have to press to release).

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/152180.jpg

The issue with this push hose clamps is that they loose tension over a period of time. They replaced the hose clamp with worm drive hose clamp

This is the worm (screw) hose clamp (you have to turn the nut to tighten or loosen)
http://vertexdistribution.com/produc...mps/index.html

Advantage of the above hose clamp is that you can tighten it as per your need. Apart from that the vehicle has been running quite well.

Last edited by mbhangui : 13th December 2014 at 20:20.
mbhangui is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote