Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 22nd October 2013, 18:49   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Tata Aria Pride 4x4 : White Exterior with Black Interiors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappex View Post
Why are they doing this to customers?
Quite an ordeal indeed! I believe Tata may not be too much bothered about any malign via social media, and with minimum or no rules on consumer protection, itís pretty hard to go on legal route as well.
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2013, 19:52   #137
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
T Single mass flywheel (SMF) found on the cheaper Aria variants.

The service center went as far as saying that all the cars are switching to SMF for reliability!
All versions of current ARIA comes with SMF only. No more DMF
rkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2013, 20:08   #138
Senior - BHPian

I feel for you man. This is absolutely appalling. Why don't you take them to court? This is a sure shot lemon.
extreme_torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2013, 21:55   #139
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Now the full clutch assembly kit has to be changed,

The Dual mass flywheel (DMF) is apparently unreliable as per the service center and they are recommending switching to Single mass flywheel (SMF) found on the cheaper Aria variants. I have refused delivery and insisted on the DMF as they have fitted SMF.

The service center went as far as saying that all the cars are switching to SMF for reliability!

Why are they doing this to customers?
I believe you will have to live with the SMF as they are not getting the DMF to work reliably but for that they should compensate you as this is a step down in specs.

I believe consumer court is the only way ahead in your case. They need to Compensate you for these issues or pay for it. Sad.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2013, 23:14   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
This is just pathetic. I suggest you try contacting CNBC Awaaz's Pehredar. They had taken up issues with Skoda previously.
Valid point, I had seen that. But what happens is that it redirects to the service center where issues are born not solved. And in the end they conclude the show by saying "We hope the car runs fine now".

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Quite an ordeal indeed! I believe Tata may not be too much bothered about any malign via social media, and with minimum or no rules on consumer protection, it’s pretty hard to go on legal route as well.
They aren't bothered, They talk about horizon next!

What about existing customers driving into the horizon with an unreliable vehicle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
All versions of current ARIA comes with SMF only. No more DMF

Quote:
The 2.2 DICOR engine has Variable Turbine Technology, 16 valves & Twin Overhead Camshaft with 32 bit ECU, generating 140 PS Power & 320 Nm Torque. Then there's also the Dual Mass Flywheel that makes vibrations a thing of the past, maintaining a peaceful calm inside the cabin. A boon on Indian roads, we think. Putting the reins in your hands is the new Gearbox (Mark II) that's perfectly synchronised with the engine, offering smooth power delivery, and crisp gear shifting.
Then why is it still on the Tata Aria official website?

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
I feel for you man. This is absolutely appalling. Why don't you take them to court? This is a sure shot lemon.
Thanks for the support my friend, Agreed the car is a lemon.

I want Tata to step in before I have to head to court.

What is it come these days;

"Buy a Tata flagship product and head to court because the service center treats you worst".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
I believe you will have to live with the SMF as they are not getting the DMF to work reliably but for that they should compensate you as this is a step down in specs.

I believe consumer court is the only way ahead in your case. They need to Compensate you for these issues or pay for it. Sad.
Well, I am not willing to live with an inferior component!

They have agreed to order the DMF as of now, But this doesn't compensate for what they tried to do! An unsuspecting customer will not check if his car DMF has been swapped by an SMF after repairs . I am fortunate enough to have looked into that. They didn't even mention the swap!

Before consumer court, I'm still hoping that Tata will have an honest employee at senior level who will relieve me of this painful product.

Hoping for the best, Thanks a lot everyone for your support.

Signing out,
Zap.
Zappex is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2013, 14:02   #141
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Valid point, I had seen that. But what happens is that it redirects to the service center where issues are born not solved. And in the end they conclude the show by saying "We hope the car runs fine now".
Hey Zap, I had tweeted the thread link to Tata and they need your contact details. If you could PM me, I can forward it to them or you could just share your twitter id and I can include you in the conv.
Dry Ice is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2013, 17:36   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Zap, I had tweeted the thread link to Tata and they need your contact details. If you could PM me, I can forward it to them or you could just share your twitter id and I can include you in the conv.
Nothing is really gonna happen, I have been regularly tweeting issues with my Aria to them, All they do is a good ego massage and redirect you to service centres. I occasionally get calls from Pune and Mumbai enquire about my user experience, apologize and thats it. I was asked what solution do i want. I said replace the product or buy it back or swap it with a safari or refund my money. To which all they say is its not possible, we are forwarding your response to seniors who i know have never done anything.
bravo82in is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2013, 18:00   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravo82in View Post
Nothing is really gonna happen, I have been regularly tweeting issues with my Aria to them, All they do is a good ego massage and redirect you to service centres. I occasionally get calls from Pune and Mumbai enquire about my user experience, apologize and thats it. I was asked what solution do i want. I said replace the product or buy it back or swap it with a safari or refund my money. To which all they say is its not possible, we are forwarding your response to seniors who i know have never done anything.
I agree and I don't expect anything less from TATA . But for Zappex's good, let's hope something positive comes out of it.
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2013, 18:49   #144
BHPian

Well in that case please tweet a link to my thread too. Lets hope against hope.
bravo82in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2013, 19:25   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What's your twitter id? PM me, will include you. Though as you have rightly said, these guys are pretty thick skinned, but doesn't hurt to try.

@Zappex: why not change the thread title to something more appropriate? - Certified lemon or something?
Dry Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2013, 19:59   #146
BHPian

Just got a call from Tata asking if I want to purchase a new Tata Aria. These guys have no management whatsoever. How can my number go to sales department from complaint department?

Quote:
It's like you read my mind, this is exactly what they what they do!

Quote:
I agree and I don't expect anything less from TATA . But for Zappex's good, let's hope something positive comes out of it.
That's inspired positivity and hope, so next we should tweet Karl sylm.

Quote:
Yup, We should stack up all issues.

There will be many troubled owners.

Quote:
What's your twitter id? PM me, will include you. Though as you have rightly said, these guys are pretty thick skinned, but doesn't hurt to try.

@Zappex: why not change the thread title to something more appropriate? - Certified lemon or something?
How is this as a title;

"Tata Aria pride, taking your hard earned money for a ride"
Zappex is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2013, 18:14   #147
Senior - BHPian

Zappex, pls start exploring the legal route right away and see if you can keep local press informed through some sources. Easier said than done but I think you've been patient enough to now start taking TML to task.
narayan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2013, 19:01   #148
BHPian

Have you tried sending them a letter by registered post. Mark it to the managing director Tata motors. Copy the letter to CEO Tata.

A friend had an issue with her manza delivery ( at the peak of diesel mania buying a petrol) when we shot the letter. Got calls from almost every top honcho including the then MD. an apology letter and also delivery within 10
Days of letter with daily update as I which stage of production it was in.

Try it could help.
torquecurve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2013, 21:45   #149
BHPian

Writing letters might help,but the cases are different. In your case if they dont react they will lose a customer. But In Zappex's case they have already robbed him and are now taking him for a ride, and ones the warranty expires it will be Party time for Tata Motors.
bravo82in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2013, 21:54   #150
BHPian

Just went through the whole thread. It's been such a downhill ride my friend. A lot of people I know would have burst like a volcano had something like this happened to them. Kudos to your spirit. That being said however, I guess it's time to take a drastic step. It's clearly a lemon.
I own a 2009 Manza. So far only a few niggles. Looks like got away along with the lucky ones.
I hope your issue gets resolved soon.
Samar117 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote