Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2011, 21:57   #106
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: mumbai
Posts: 4
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria Pride 4x4 : White Exterior with Black Interiors

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk_del View Post
Hi Zap,

Excellent detailed review. I read the review today only so belated congratulations on owning Aria.

I feel Aria is an excellent vehicle and TATA had all the chances to capture this market (10-15L) only if they had priced Aria around 1.5-2L cheaper. I can understand their dilemma, may be they wanted this vehicle to be a premium vehicle.

How do you rate their A.S.S do you feel that you are getting extra attention when you take your vehicle to TATA workshop?

Now with XUV 5OO out as VFM SUV, Aria seems to lose a lot. I have just one request, when ever you get time could you please test drive XUV and share your thoughts? I am in market to buy a 7 seater SUV/MUV vehicle and am totally confused.

There are many options:

Safari, Scorpio, XUV5OO, Aria, and Innova.

I like Aria but would like to get some competitive analysis against XUV 5OO.

Thanks,

-PK
Hey man,
First of all i would like to mention that I do have an Aria 4x4 Pride in the family and I am quite familiar with almost every aspect of the car.

To be honest, on paper the XUV 5OO looks like the most VFM and best vehicle to buy at the moment in the Indian market. Reason? The pricing. Though it is a very good vehicle and miles ahead in terms of Mahindra Standards, It is no where close to the Aria. I had an opportunity to test drive the vehicle and I honestly was left disappointed. The fit and finish and plastic quality was definitely not 'world SUV' standards. Plus, the ride quality of the Aria, is a lot better. The test drive vehicle had 371kms on the odo, and I could hear squeaking and rattling noises from the boot and the rear right side door. To be frank, I would never even compare it with the Aria, but again. The price may seal the deal for you.
Frisson is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2011, 20:23   #107
BHPian
 
nanduchitnis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 494
Thanked: 295 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria Pride 4x4 : White Exterior with Black Interiors

Excellent review. Looks like a near flawless car and value for money car. For a moment I thought that Tata Motors have a winner in hand after a long long time.

However I was confused to read your comments on another review "Tata Aria-Zero Pride..." where you sounded quite disgusted with the After Sales Service.

You also mentioned some 24 point issues that have not been spelt out in your own review, which is surprising.

Reading your review maybe some people may have booked this car.

Waiting for an update.

Rgds

Captain Nandu Chitnis
Master Mariner
nanduchitnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2011, 00:14   #108
BHPian
 
Zappex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 190
Thanked: 83 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria Pride 4x4 : White Exterior with Black Interiors

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
Excellent review.
Thanks you very much sir, Glad you liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
Looks like a near flawless car and value for money car. For a moment I thought that Tata Motors have a winner in hand after a long long time.
It is a very good product by itself, The after sales is what spoils the experience. However hopefully I don't have to pay them a visit for the next 15k kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
However I was confused to read your comments on another review "Tata Aria-Zero Pride..." where you sounded quite disgusted with the After Sales Service.
Yup. you read it right. Indeed this time they tested my patience to every limit. Don't be confused. The TASC is pathetic about which I have written many times on this thread itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
You also mentioned some 24 point issues that have not been spelt out in your own review, which is surprising.
The 24 point list included niggles, pending issues and service complaints. Nothing major if I call it that. In my opening post itself I have written about issues I was facing. Eg: USB not working, Door locking problems etc.

Don't worry; This thread will also get its quota update of niggles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
Reading your review maybe some people may have booked this car.
I'm glad that they thought so. I repeat: The Aria by itself is an excellent product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanduchitnis View Post
Waiting for an update.
I'm afraid you will have to wait a little bit longer. I have just received my Aria back after 10 grueling days and I do not wish to give a wrong update here. It will take some time for me to analyze if the Aria is trouble free or not.

Its just a matter of time...I need to drive quite a bit before I can say that my car is absolutely perfect. Updating half details would be misguiding people. On the other hand when I do put an update rest assured it will be completely unbiased.

Note: All the niggles I have been facing, will be updated here.

Last edited by Zappex : 26th November 2011 at 00:15.
Zappex is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2012, 15:45   #109
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: LA <--> Bombay
Posts: 459
Thanked: 132 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria Pride 4x4 : White Exterior with Black Interiors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappex View Post
I'm afraid you will have to wait a little bit longer. I have just received my Aria back after 10 grueling days and I do not wish to give a wrong update here. It will take some time for me to analyze if the Aria is trouble free or not.

Its just a matter of time...I need to drive quite a bit before I can say that my car is absolutely perfect. Updating half details would be misguiding people. On the other hand when I do put an update rest assured it will be completely unbiased.

Note: All the niggles I have been facing, will be updated here.
Been a month since you last update, Zappex.

I hope all the niggles have been solved and none new ones.

Do post an update as soon as you can.

Cheers
sahakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2012, 17:31   #110
BHPian
 
Zappex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 190
Thanked: 83 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria Pride 4x4 : White Exterior with Black Interiors

Hi guys,

Remember when I had told you'll that I will wait for a while and then update you'll about how my car performs?

Well in theory it sounded good but in reality it was not possible, Why?

Simply because I just got my Aria today! It was lying in the service center since the last 20 odd days!

In my close to 10 month ownership, the Aria has remained in the service center for close to 3 odd months!

Don't forget the multiple visits, Free dents/scratches/stains , and shoddy unprofessional staff!

In the end however, I have received my vehicle today!

Don't know what to add to this thread, I feel horrible about owning an expensive Tata!

I will try to post my complete story when I get over the shock!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
Been a month since you last update, Zappex.

I hope all the niggles have been solved and none new ones.

Do post an update as soon as you can.

Cheers
Sorry for the delay sahakar!
Zappex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2012, 22:39   #111
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: LA <--> Bombay
Posts: 459
Thanked: 132 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria Pride 4x4 : White Exterior with Black Interiors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappex View Post
Hi guys,

Remember when I had told you'll that I will wait for a while and then update you'll about how my car performs?

Well in theory it sounded good but in reality it was not possible, Why?

Simply because I just got my Aria today! It was lying in the service center since the last 20 odd days!

In my close to 10 month ownership, the Aria has remained in the service center for close to 3 odd months!

Don't forget the multiple visits, Free dents/scratches/stains , and shoddy unprofessional staff!

In the end however, I have received my vehicle today!

Don't know what to add to this thread, I feel horrible about owning an expensive Tata!

I will try to post my complete story when I get over the shock!!!



Sorry for the delay sahakar!
Really sorry to hear that Zappex. I would have been in the same position if I was you. Even though I am still ok with mine, I really am starting to shudder at the future.

All the PRIDE owners are really frustrated.

I hope TATA MOTORS is reading all this.

BTW which TASC did you go to?

Cheers
sahakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2012, 10:00   #112
Distinguished - BHPian
 
smartcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,979
Thanked: 11,954 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria Pride 4x4 : White Exterior with Black Interiors

Very disappointed about hearing your experiences, zappex. Aria happens to be one of my favorite cars. Do let us know what exactly went wrong with your car.

Tata probably needs to do more testing on a new product & also double check the processes they follow in manufacturing the car before they launch a new model. First Nano & its fire problems, now Aria.
smartcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2012, 12:03   #113
Distinguished - BHPian
 
4x4addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,975
Thanked: 2,497 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria Pride 4x4 : White Exterior with Black Interiors

All I can do is shake my head in disbelief... After ruling out the XUV500, I wanted to swing for the Aria, but looks like Tata has not learned from their past experiences...
4x4addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2012, 12:28   #114
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ACM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 4,156
Thanked: 2,461 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria Pride 4x4 : White Exterior with Black Interiors

Hi Zappex will await a more detailed update sorry to hear about this.

1) Pls ask TATA to extend an increased 5th year warranty to you on account of the time the car has spent in the service center as a compensation. Suggest your try this though don't know if it will happen.

2) If the service centre was felt to not be upto the mark then will again suggest that you try out Wasan Chembur Service centre though it is further for you. Of Course am not saying that your specific issues would have been solved by them any earlier for sure.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2012, 22:36   #115
BHPian
 
Zappex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 190
Thanked: 83 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria Pride 4x4 : White Exterior with Black Interiors

Update:

Last time around though I was in shock but my problems were over...or so I thought! The Aria is at the service center again, this time for suspension issues and the rest of them...

I was hoping that after keeping the car for 15+ days they would have solved my issues. But sadly most of them persisted.

The DESTROYED my interiors will stains,grease,tea and what not!

I sent the car back and I am awaiting to drive it once it comes back.

Add to that my Dad's chauffeur managed to scrape the front bumper, so I have decided to get it repaired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
Really sorry to hear that Zappex. I would have been in the same position if I was you. Even though I am still ok with mine, I really am starting to shudder at the future.
Thanks for empathizing, Being Aria owners you have to be prepared for the worst. Both of us spent a considerable amount of money, but trust me I was not prepared for such problems while paying close to 19L!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
All the PRIDE owners are really frustrated.
Apart from ACM, I am yet to come across a satisfied pride owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
I hope TATA MOTORS is reading all this.
How does it matter, I hope they act after reading this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
BTW which TASC did you go to?
Wasan Kandivali West

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
Cheers
As of now, its all sorrows for me buddy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Very disappointed about hearing your experiences, zappex. Aria happens to be one of my favorite cars. Do let us know what exactly went wrong with your car.
Sure thing buddy, Let me get it once!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
Tata probably needs to do more testing on a new product & also double check the processes they follow in manufacturing the car before they launch a new model. First Nano & its fire problems, now Aria.
Trust me, that logic even applies to customers. Never buy a product until it proves itself for a year! And as for me...this is the last Tata I will ever own!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
All I can do is shake my head in disbelief... After ruling out the XUV500, I wanted to swing for the Aria, but looks like Tata has not learned from their past experiences...
Trust me, I myself was not impressed by the XUV. But Tata needs to go a long long way in ensuring customer satisfaction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Hi Zappex will await a more detailed update sorry to hear about this.
I don't know when I will be able to provide you that, I need to get my car delivered and drive it considerably before commenting on anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
1) Pls ask TATA to extend an increased 5th year warranty to you on account of the time the car has spent in the service center as a compensation. Suggest your try this though don't know if it will happen.
How will that help buddy? I was very very troubled but now I just want my Aria back! Also, whom should I ask? Their complaint departments are useless!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
2) If the service centre was felt to not be upto the mark then will again suggest that you try out Wasan Chembur Service centre though it is further for you. Of Course am not saying that your specific issues would have been solved by them any earlier for sure.
I don't expect anything better from chembur, I was about to give it a try on your recommendation but the kandivali branch is well aware about my problem history, that is the only reason I gave it to them.
Zappex is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2012, 14:19   #116
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: LA <--> Bombay
Posts: 459
Thanked: 132 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria Pride 4x4 : White Exterior with Black Interiors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappex View Post
Update:

Last time around though I was in shock but my problems were over...or so I thought! The Aria is at the service center again, this time for suspension issues and the rest of them...

I was hoping that after keeping the car for 15+ days they would have solved my issues. But sadly most of them persisted.

The DESTROYED my interiors will stains,grease,tea and what not!

I sent the car back and I am awaiting to drive it once it comes back.
Uff this really sucks, man. What other recourse do you have? Can you go to consumer court for derelict service or something.

I think somebody really needs to try that and get compensation out of these consumer unfriendly car companies.

Cheers
sahakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2012, 14:33   #117
BHPian
 
Zappex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 190
Thanked: 83 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria Pride 4x4 : White Exterior with Black Interiors

Hello Team!

Time for an update, as you all know I have been having a less than satisfactory ownership so far. Infotainment replacement, suspension issues, Sensors malfunctioning! you name it and probably it will be in my list of issues.

Recently however the equation just got a bit more intense, I don't recollect when I had a trouble free car, That being said, on and off my car has to be sent to the TASS workshop as NEW issues crop up, The reason for not updating here is simple, I'm never sure if my car is actually alright.

Okay, enough of ranting from my side! Coming to the point my Aria (Not sure if I can call it mine, because majorly it is at TASS) is at the workshop again for rusting on bolts, some parts of engine bay and suspension creaking sounds etc

The steering column also seems to be making fussy sounds.

Well life goes on, Im sure in my close to 13 month ownership the Aria has spent close to 4 months at TASS... Do I qualify for a replacement Aria, apparently the workshop does not think so because they have been Learning to solve issues from my car! As far as I know I ensure that we take optimum care of our car, surprisingly still all these issues crop up!

I wonder if the Aria was tortured as much as my Innova, where it would stand! The Aria is majorly self driven too!

Anyway to make this dull post cheerful, I'm attaching a pic of my Aria when I last saw it (Before it was shipped off to TASS)...

Tata Aria Pride 4x4 : White Exterior with Black Interiors-img_0357-copy.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahakar View Post
Uff this really sucks, man. What other recourse do you have? Can you go to consumer court for derelict service or something. I think somebody really needs to try that and get compensation out of these consumer unfriendly car companies.
It does suck, as of now I'm trying to live with it, not sure how long I will survive though!

The TASS has few really nice dedicated people but the overall setup sucks!

To top it all the product is flawed and they are not well trained to handle the car, let alone diagnose/ solve issues!

PS: Out of the Two innovas we owned, we replaced the older one with a Jetta high-line MT (So much for the peace of owning a reliable car )!

Signing out.

Zap
Zappex is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2012, 18:00   #118
BHPian
 
RemingtonSteele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 569
Thanked: 168 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria Pride 4x4 : White Exterior with Black Interiors

Really felt sad to read all the problems you went through, so much that you actually lost the ownership zing and confused it to be owned by TASS.

Seriously, actually I loved this car (4X4) when it was launched but now that feeling in fast eroding.
RemingtonSteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2012, 18:10   #119
Distinguished - BHPian
 
smartcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,979
Thanked: 11,954 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria Pride 4x4 : White Exterior with Black Interiors

I guess you need to have Zappex's sense of humor to own an Aria.

Were all the issues/problems sorted out under Warranty? How much did you have to shell out from your own pocket during these 13 months?

Component/parts reliability issues + Rusting of bolts/engine bay = LEMON.

At home, are you guys considering cutting your losses and selling the car?
smartcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2012, 22:46   #120
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: DL9C
Posts: 2,521
Thanked: 2,253 Times
Default Re: Tata Aria Pride 4x4 : White Exterior with Black Interiors

This is shocking!

Really sad to hear about this ordeal you are having with TML. I guess, by now, you would have roped in the higher ups, have they promised you any resolution? Agreed they have been replacing faulty parts but spending 30% of the time in a service center doesn't seem right for any car!

I would say, stand your ground and push for a replacement. We already have other owners with issues on their Arias, why don't you team up with them and stage your protest outside their headquarters. I understand this might require considerable time and effort from your part. At least get together and generate some negative publicity, I am sure they would take notice then.

EDIT: Check out this link, see if you find anything feasible. And All the best.

Last edited by Dry Ice : 6th May 2012 at 22:59. Reason: Added link
Dry Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tata Aria Pride 4x4: Owner's pain & frustration. EDIT: Saves 3 lives in an accident! bravo82in Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 132 27th October 2015 18:06
TATA Aria Pride 4X4 - Heart over Mind or Mind in the Right Place? EDIT : Now Sold! ACM Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 322 16th September 2015 15:51
Tata Aria Pride - Zero Pride in Ownership indian21r Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 284 6th March 2014 13:30
Tata Aria Exterior Grilled: DeINDICAization of the Aria bravo82in Modifications & Accessories 27 26th October 2013 18:33
A New Breed Indeed. White Tata ARIA Pride. psbali Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 59 24th January 2013 18:11


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:58.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks