Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2011, 10:29   #16
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 122
Thanked: 84 Times
Default Re: My new Maruti Ritz VXI - superior white

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank1477 View Post
@To everyone who has a ritz vxi - what is your opinion of the amount of body roll on the car while negotiating pot holes or bumpers on the road? Do you consider it to be fine?. I does seem a bit pronounced to me.
The body roll is well controlled in Ritz keeping in view the height of the car. Just ride a Wagon-R on a road curve and then try Ritz on the same road curve at the same speed. You will feel the difference.

Also, please make sure that your car tyres are not over-inflated. I get a feeling that you are getting a bouncy ride (not the body-roll) while going thru pot-holes and bumpers.
headbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2011, 11:51   #17
BHPian
 
ank1477's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: mumbai
Posts: 34
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: My new Maruti Ritz VXI - superior white

@headbanger
I think you may be right about it being a bouncy ride rather body roll and the cause of it. As I am new driver I am not aware of the technicalities so not sure whether the tyres are over inflated. I'll be sure to check it out during the 1st service.
ank1477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2011, 13:07   #18
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 284
Thanked: 57 Times
Default Re: My new Maruti Ritz VXI - superior white

Congrats on your new car.

I would suggest you hire a driver for a month or two. The first 1000 kms can be handled by a experienced driver since you may over rev or drive in lower gears. It will also help you to get a feel of the car.
raju2512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2011, 15:34   #19
BHPian
 
ank1477's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: mumbai
Posts: 34
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: My new Maruti Ritz VXI - superior white

Quote:
Originally Posted by raju2512 View Post
Congrats on your new car.

I would suggest you hire a driver for a month or two. The first 1000 kms can be handled by a experienced driver since you may over rev or drive in lower gears. It will also help you to get a feel of the car.
I have actually hired a driver who teaches me for 1.5 hours everyday. It has been very helpful and hopefully within the next 10 days I would be able to ride long distances independantly
ank1477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2011, 00:26   #20
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 122
Thanked: 84 Times
Default Re: My new Maruti Ritz VXI - superior white

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank1477 View Post
I have actually hired a driver who teaches me for 1.5 hours everyday. It has been very helpful and hopefully within the next 10 days I would be able to ride long distances independantly
Just try to keep her below 2.5k RPM and that should be fine enough for the first 1000kms. Just for info, at 2.5K RPM in 5th gear, Ritz will be running at around 90kmph which is quite a decent speed.
headbanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2011, 11:04   #21
BHPian
 
ank1477's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: mumbai
Posts: 34
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: My new Maruti Ritz VXI - superior white

Hey guys,
The driving lessons have been paying off. Finally went for a long drive to Malabar Hills from Thakur Village. I think the whole round trip was approx. 80-85 km. Majority of the drive was through the highway and believe me it is an absolute pleasure to drive in 3rd gear(did not go into 4th even though I could have). The engine has no trouble at all in pulling up speed. Just love it.
The only thing which is troubling me is the gear shift. I did not have any trouble in the 1st and 2nd gear. Even the reverse gear is fine. However slotting into the 3rd gear is far from smooth and 2-3 tugs are required. Now I don't know whether this is because I am new driver or whether the gear box is hard. In fact I had a horrible moment yesterday during the return journey. Was on the highway and was slowly building up speed and tried to shift to 3rd and 2nd and inexplicably the shift just would not happen; as a result the gear came to neutral and car had to stop. The cars behind me also had to stop suddenly and there was a protest of horns. Somehow managed to start and move on. But it did give me the jitters.

Now a question - What happens if the RPM moves upto 3000 rpm and I don't shift into 4th from 3rd (coz I don't want to lose control). Is it fine to be in this band or will it cause any damage, it being a new car?
ank1477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2011, 11:26   #22
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 32
Thanked: Once
Default Re: My new Maruti Ritz VXI - superior white

Congratulations on your Ritz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank1477 View Post
@headbanger
I think you may be right about it being a bouncy ride rather body roll and the cause of it. As I am new driver I am not aware of the technicalities so not sure whether the tyres are over inflated. I'll be sure to check it out during the 1st service.
Generally from what I have read in the forum [when people take deliveries] the tyres are over inflated. So it would be a wise idea to have them checked at the petrol pump where they fill air and not wait for the 1st service to have this attended to. The ideal PSI would be stuck on the door frame at the drivers side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank1477 View Post
Hey guys,
The driving lessons have been paying off. Finally went for a long drive to Malabar Hills from Thakur Village. I think the whole round trip was approx. 80-85 km. Majority of the drive was through the highway and believe me it is an absolute pleasure to drive in 3rd gear(did not go into 4th even though I could have). The engine has no trouble at all in pulling up speed. Just love it.
The only thing which is troubling me is the gear shift. I did not have any trouble in the 1st and 2nd gear. Even the reverse gear is fine. However slotting into the 3rd gear is far from smooth and 2-3 tugs are required. Now I don't know whether this is because I am new driver or whether the gear box is hard. In fact I had a horrible moment yesterday during the return journey. Was on the highway and was slowly building up speed and tried to shift to 3rd and 2nd and inexplicably the shift just would not happen; as a result the gear came to neutral and car had to stop. The cars behind me also had to stop suddenly and there was a protest of horns. Somehow managed to start and move on. But it did give me the jitters.

I vaguely remember that when we had bought our swift the gear shift was hard and slotting used to be troublesome at times. I feel that it will loosen up as you run-in the car, which is what I feel happened in our case too.

Quote:
Now a question - What happens if the RPM moves upto 3000 rpm and I don't shift into 4th from 3rd (coz I don't want to lose control). Is it fine to be in this band or will it cause any damage, it being a new car?
Just my two piece bit : I dont know the answer to your query, but, I dont see any harm ( loose control ) as such if you shift to fourth. I understand that your still getting a grip on driving but as long as you can maintain the 35-40km/hr that is required for the fourth gear you will be fine.

Happy Driving.
danny25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2011, 12:05   #23
BHPian
 
hellboy999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 38
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: My new Maruti Ritz VXI - superior white

Hello,

From your description I genuinely feel that you might not be disengaging the clutch properly.Gear shifting problems usually occur when you dont depress the clutch completely and the gears are not able to slot properly.Try this out.If this doesnt work then you might ask a friend to probably drive the vehicle from 2nd to 3rd and ask him if they encounter the same problem.If yes then you might need to visit the service center.
hellboy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2011, 16:08   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
IQBAL VEERJI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SAAT BUNGLA, BAMBAI.
Posts: 1,040
Thanked: 282 Times
Default Re: My new Maruti Ritz VXI - superior white

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank1477 View Post
@To everyone who has a ritz vxi - what is your opinion of the amount of body roll on the car while negotiating pot holes or bumpers on the road? Do you consider it to be fine?. I does seem a bit pronounced to me.
Hi ANK1477 first of all congratulation for your new ride, and wish you miles and miles of travel in it.

Pls you can go through my experience with same dealer and probably same time as yours .ie. march end. "My superior white Alto K10" .

My experience was very bad with them , pls go through the posts and you will realise.
I had gone to their Stock yard to see my car before registeration, etc etce etc.
Last we they sent me a letter apologising for their sales guys loose talk, false comittments etc.Rest pls go to the thread and find out yourself. Regards, Drive safe...........
IQBAL VEERJI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2011, 16:34   #25
BHPian
 
shk 8896's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: CLT/CBE/TVM
Posts: 381
Thanked: 172 Times
Default Re: My new Maruti Ritz VXI - superior white

Sorry !I know I am late.Congrats on the Ritz and welcome to the Ritz club.White looks sweet.Any plans for tyre and alloy upgrade?
Drive her safe
Sreehari
shk 8896 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2011, 17:57   #26
BHPian
 
Gandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 960
Thanked: 202 Times
Default Re: My new Maruti Ritz VXI - superior white

Congrats man for your new baby. I own one too, but black color . Welcome to the Ritz club.
Gandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2011, 09:32   #27
BHPian
 
ank1477's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: mumbai
Posts: 34
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: My new Maruti Ritz VXI - superior white

To everyone who has wished me - A big thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Hi ANK1477 first of all congratulation for your new ride, and wish you miles and miles of travel in it.

Pls you can go through my experience with same dealer and probably same time as yours .ie. march end. "My superior white Alto K10" .

My experience was very bad with them , pls go through the posts and you will realise.
I had gone to their Stock yard to see my car before registeration, etc etce etc.
Last we they sent me a letter apologising for their sales guys loose talk, false comittments etc.Rest pls go to the thread and find out yourself. Regards, Drive safe...........
Great that you got the car you wanted thanks to your watchfullness. Even I was very very apprehensive that they would give me a 2010 model car. So I made it clear to the salesman many times that I wanted a 2011 car. I learned on Team - BHP how to find out the manufacturing year. After making the final payment I insisted that I will see the car before it goes for registration. During the inspection I checked that the model was AB which signified Jan 2011. I guess we all need to be alert before buying anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shk 8896 View Post
Sorry !I know I am late.Congrats on the Ritz and welcome to the Ritz club.White looks sweet.Any plans for tyre and alloy upgrade?
Drive her safe
Sreehari
No, I don't plan to upgrade the tyre and alloys right now, coz I am just a new driver and really need to understand more before doing anything. The only thing I am planning to add is the music system
ank1477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2011, 21:00   #28
BHPian
 
hellboy999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 38
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: My new Maruti Ritz VXI - superior white

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank1477 View Post

Was on the highway and was slowly building up speed and tried to shift to 3rd and 2nd and inexplicably the shift just would not happen; as a result the gear came to neutral and car had to stop. The cars behind me also had to stop suddenly and there was a protest of horns. Somehow managed to start and move on. But it did give me the jitters.
Hello,

I still didnt understand why the car came to a standstill if you couldnt shift from 2nd to third.Even if the gear went to neutral the car should have been running at the existing speed and you could have easily switched back to second gear.This would have kept the car running and a complete stop could have been avoided along with the protest of the mad people honking on the roadways..
hellboy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2011, 06:33   #29
BHPian
 
ank1477's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: mumbai
Posts: 34
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: My new Maruti Ritz VXI - superior white

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellboy999 View Post
Hello,

I still didnt understand why the car came to a standstill if you couldnt shift from 2nd to third.Even if the gear went to neutral the car should have been running at the existing speed and you could have easily switched back to second gear.This would have kept the car running and a complete stop could have been avoided along with the protest of the mad people honking on the roadways..
Sorry, I meant to say that as I could not shift I got nervous and braked which made the car stop. But I have learnt my lesson. Never again.
ank1477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2011, 22:36   #30
BHPian
 
hellboy999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 38
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: My new Maruti Ritz VXI - superior white

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank1477 View Post
Sorry, I meant to say that as I could not shift I got nervous and braked which made the car stop. But I have learnt my lesson. Never again.
Hey thats fine..How are you guys usually going about learning the roads in the city?I too have been trying hard to learn the ways.What I usually do is refer to google maps before setting out to a particular destination.However, I have observed that google maps sometimes give out longer routes which can be avoided.

One more thing I have observed in the city is that sometimes when I stop at a small unmanned (no traffic police) signal with just 1 light (My car being at the beginning) people usually keep on honking endlessly and I see other cars breezing past me owing to which even I have to sometimes move ahead.

What should be done in such situations?Should we continue to stop and go only when the signal turns green or am I doing something wrong by waiting?
hellboy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2010 WagonR Vxi Vs Ritz Lxi EDIT: Its Ritz ! akshay Hatchbacks 24 25th July 2014 12:57
Frankmehta's Man Friday: Superior White Maruti Suzuki Estilo LXi Green (CNG) frankmehta Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 12 23rd October 2013 11:00
My Superior White Alto K10 David Murx Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 163 16th November 2012 23:17
New member, new Ritz Vxi White dezpo Introduce yourself 3 24th November 2009 13:35


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:53.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks