Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 14th April 2011, 08:18   #31
BHPian

Default Re: My new Maruti Ritz VXI - superior white

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellboy999 View Post
Hey thats fine..How are you guys usually going about learning the roads in the city?I too have been trying hard to learn the ways.What I usually do is refer to google maps before setting out to a particular destination.However, I have observed that google maps sometimes give out longer routes which can be avoided.

One more thing I have observed in the city is that sometimes when I stop at a small unmanned (no traffic police) signal with just 1 light (My car being at the beginning) people usually keep on honking endlessly and I see other cars breezing past me owing to which even I have to sometimes move ahead.

What should be done in such situations?Should we continue to stop and go only when the signal turns green or am I doing something wrong by waiting?
I have basically been driving on the highway and one or two major roads. One thing for sure is that I feel much better driving on a road where I have already driven before.
As far as Google maps is concerned it a good way to explore new areas, however as you correctly pointed out it does give long routes most of the times. Probably the better way is to get a general idea from someone who knows the route and then ask along the way.

Regarding stopping and moving at traffic lights I guess you will have to use your judgement most of the times. However it is safer to stand and be honked at than to be caught by a traffic policeman hidden somewhere or worse to have an accident.
I generally stand till the light turns green even with people honking their hearts away. In fact I have even held them up when the signal was green as my car stopped. Even on the highway cars keep zooming past me with murder in their eyes.
ank1477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2011, 10:15   #32
BHPian

I fall in the same category as you in terms of novice driver. Have started driving the car since the last 10 days. Last Sunday I was driving on a Sunday morning at around 6:30/7 am and almost nobody except me was stopping at red lights. I still adamantly kept stopping at red lights. The only scary thing was when a larger vehicle is behind you and is not expecting you to stop, he'd just keep coming and then do sudden braking at the signal.
kalpeshc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2011, 10:45   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpeshc View Post
I fall in the same category as you in terms of novice driver. Have started driving the car since the last 10 days. Last Sunday I was driving on a Sunday morning at around 6:30/7 am and almost nobody except me was stopping at red lights. I still adamantly kept stopping at red lights. The only scary thing was when a larger vehicle is behind you and is not expecting you to stop, he'd just keep coming and then do sudden braking at the signal.
Yes, I know it is a scary thing to have a huge vehicle behind you. I am really afraid one of these days some bus or truck will hit my car. The public transport drivers and the truckers don't really care if their vehicle or your car gets damaged. For them it is fun.
Old 16th April 2011, 12:10   #34
BHPian

Hi guys,

I have noticed a strange thing since the last 2 days. Even in normal speeds there seems to be a 'gad gad' sound from the tyres, not too loud, but it is there and it is not because of the roads. Even on plain roads it is there. There is also a slight vibration in the ride because of this. I first thought that it was because of wrong tyre pressure, so today morning I went to a petrol pump and there the pressure on all the tyres was brought to 33psi. However even after that the sound seems to be there.

Another thing which is bothering me is when I try to move the steering fully to the right or left for reversing there is some kind of sound.

Can anyone please help me out with these problems? Since I am new driver I am not even sure whether my observations are correct or not.
Old 16th April 2011, 16:08   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank1477 View Post
Hi guys,

I have noticed a strange thing since the last 2 days. Even in normal speeds there seems to be a 'gad gad' sound from the tyres, not too loud, but it is there and it is not because of the roads. Even on plain roads it is there. There is also a slight vibration in the ride because of this.
This is mostly because of lack of balance in tyres. Get your tyres checked for alignment and balancing and that should solve your problem. It must be happening at particular speeds and not always.
Gandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2011, 10:44   #36
BHPian

750 KM update - already slight rattling sound is coming from somewhere on the right side. Maruti living up to its reputation, hopefully it will be taken care of during 1st service.
Old 8th May 2011, 14:15   #37
BHPian

1000km/1st service update:

Had my 1st service done..The service advisor at Vitesse was pretty helpful. He listened to all my issues and noted them.

Can feel a noticeable difference in the smoothness. Pickup and driving both have improved. Hopefully the fuel efficiency too would have improved
Old 8th May 2011, 20:51   #38
Senior - BHPian

Ya, the 1st service for petrol Maruti's are more or less checkup stuff and cleaning.
Also did they get to fix the rattle ?
So now as you have driven around 1k kms, im sure you will start enjoying driving and look for opportunity to go for a drive lol.

Anyways drive safe and keep us posted .

Cheers
Schoudhury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 10:14   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoudhury View Post
Ya, the 1st service for petrol Maruti's are more or less checkup stuff and cleaning.
Also did they get to fix the rattle ?
So now as you have driven around 1k kms, im sure you will start enjoying driving and look for opportunity to go for a drive lol.

Anyways drive safe and keep us posted .

Cheers
I did tell them about the rattle but unfortunately I could not make them hear it. It shows up only on a bad stretch of road and on slow speeds. At the service center I tried to make them listen but could not catch too much of it. Their explanation was that sometimes the rear number plate makes a sound. They said that there is no problem with the doors or windows. Not really convinced but since I could not show them there was nothing to be done
Old 9th May 2011, 18:08   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank1477 View Post
I did tell them about the rattle but unfortunately I could not make them hear it. It shows up only on a bad stretch of road and on slow speeds. At the service center I tried to make them listen but could not catch too much of it. Their explanation was that sometimes the rear number plate makes a sound. They said that there is no problem with the doors or windows. Not really convinced but since I could not show them there was nothing to be done
Well the rear numberplate does make noise. I got mine fixed during the second service. The other rattle that came was when they installed Bluetooth internally and did not fit the door moldings back correctly. That got fixed easily.

Have driven for 5K Kms plus in 5 months now and things look decent. During summers, there is a power loss if you have the AC on during ghat travel. But that's to be expected. Took on Mahabaleshwar ghats effortlessly.
akshay_ritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2011, 09:00   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay_ritz View Post
Well the rear numberplate does make noise. I got mine fixed during the second service. The other rattle that came was when they installed Bluetooth internally and did not fit the door moldings back correctly. That got fixed easily.
I also hope that is what it is. But then I should not be hearing it when the AC is on and windows closed. However I do hear it even then so not sure about it.