Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 13th June 2007, 13:22   #46

hi busa,

the figure above(9.6l - 100 km) is derived from the second memory of the onboard computer. this doesnt get reset automatically. i understand you were not aware of this feature. there is a reset button on the wiper stalk. if you press it you can switch between memory 1 and 2(not 2 written above L on the right) the best way to get fe figures from the onboard comp is to reset memory 1 and drive for atleast minimum 50 kms. this memory(mem 1) gets reset when the engine is off for more than 2 hours. the other one doesnt. there could be many reasons for that 9.6l figue, but the most common is to keep the engine idle for long periods. i hope you understand what im saying :-)

clipto333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2007, 12:18   #47
Senior - BHPian

9.6 L is way too much lol.. I recently drove Skoda in Delhi traffic and it showed 7.8 L / 100 km in delhi traffic where i cant go beyond 3rd gear. As soon as i hit the flyover and increased speed upto 100 the onboard computer started showing 5.8 L...

So no way any car can give 18+ in delhi traffic no matter its swift D, fiesta D or skoda D...

And all those who have seen my driving knows i am light footed
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote