Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2015, 17:01   #376
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Driven: The 2011 Volkswagen Passat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
Thanks Anshuman. Yeah, the price Aarush quoted is similar to VW workshop. I am just looking for the best craftsmanship and quality. Now, what do you suggest, VW or Autopsyche?

Your friends vento, What it absolutely immaculate, just like factory?
If you are not claiming insurance, i'd recommend Autopsyche. The paint quality was better than what i would expect from VW service station for the dark blue shade.

Another friend with a black Vento had a horrible experience(water seepage from C Pillar) with VW service station in Gurgaon(the one on Rd City to Sec 56 road) for accidental repair.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2015, 14:43   #377
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Anshuman. Yeah, the price Aarush quoted is similar to VW workshop. I am just looking for the best craftsmanship and quality. Now, what do you suggest, VW or Autopsyche?

Your friends vento, What it absolutely immaculate, just like factory?
Autopsyche is also a good option. The stuff that they will do is top quality only. Arush doesnt like doing things he isnt confident about being good.

so, if quality is your only concern, then Autopsyche would be my pick.
lalittalwar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2015, 15:23   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalittalwar View Post
Autopsyche is also a good option. The stuff that they will do is top quality only. Arush doesnt like doing things he isnt confident about being good.

so, if quality is your only concern, then Autopsyche would be my pick.
Thanks Lalittalwar, I will get in touch with Autopsyche and get the job done. I have met Arush before, I like the guy. Hopefully, He can also help me with all future mods on my rides.
Old 8th June 2015, 09:27   #379
BHPian

Hello I am in the market for a used 2012 Passat highline dsg in Gurgaon/NCR. Please let me know if anyone has any leads

Also any feedback on weak AC? Is this still a problem? And compared to superb?
Old 8th June 2015, 11:14   #380
BHPian

Quote:
Friends, Had a mishap today. A crazy biker tried overtaking from the left and banged my car. I am heart broken.

I am attaching a few pictures of the damage. It was much worse but after some serious rubbing, this is the result. Please guide me on what should I do. Should I leave it as is? or is denting possible? If yes, where can I get it done, is there anyone in Gurgaon, who can restore my car to its older glory. I am so sad, tears fall while writing this. Please have a look and help me. Thanks!
you can try Raja paints in Gurgoan.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3460587
Old 8th June 2015, 11:18   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
you can try Raja paints in Gurgoan.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3460587
Taking my car to Autopsyche today. Fingers crossed

Will report back with the developments.

All the best with your hunting. Hope you find a Passat DSG.
Old 16th August 2015, 14:19   #382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Wow, that makes two of us, looks like this seems to be a weak point of the car.

I did not have an extended warranty but it cost me Rs 6000 less than the cost of the warranty
My passat seems to have hit this problem today. Hardly 28K Kms. There is no apparent leak anywhere below the car or near the engine compartment. The coolant level is way below the Minimum. Planning to top it up with G12 Plus Plus coolant and see if there is any leakage.

One by one all the problems faced by others is coming to my car. Changed ABS Sensors a few months back and now this.
Old 17th August 2015, 10:50   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by baskar View Post
My passat seems to have hit this problem today. Hardly 28K Kms. There is no apparent leak anywhere below the car or near the engine compartment. The coolant level is way below the Minimum. Planning to top it up with G12 Plus Plus coolant and see if there is any leakage.

One by one all the problems faced by others is coming to my car. Changed ABS Sensors a few months back and now this.
This is probably your water pump leaking. Your description sounds identical to the problem I faced with my car back in April. I had to get the water pump changed under extended warranty. The dealer took 20 days to get the part .

The ABS sensors are a weak point of the car. Thank god I chose to get extended warranty. I think I have had mine changed 4 or 5 times till now.
Old 21st August 2015, 17:07   #384
BHPian

Coolant Leakage due to Water Pump -

I faced exactly same problem. The coolant level was dropping, had to replace a water pump. It seems to be a common worldwide issue in VW family cars
Old 21st August 2015, 18:28   #385
BHPian

Well. I topped the coolant after consulting VW service center over phone - pink colour coolant , and it is running fine for the past 4 days. Just that I have to open the bonnet once every day and check the level. It seems to be holding right now. I also have the coolant and distilled water in the car, just in case.

Will watch out for this.
Old 23rd August 2015, 11:25   #386
BHPian

Went to VW service center and they confirmed with a pressure test that there is a minor leak somewhere. For now, I am using the car as it is, with the coolant in tow. They are recommending an inspection before determining the exact leak location. However they agree most likely it is the water pump. I will hold on for a few more weeks.

While in the showroom, had a look at the new Jetta in the showroom. While it looked very much like Passat, there are some aspects of the car that were different than passat. E.g the door hinges in jetta are much thinner than passat, sheet metal "thunk" is less. I thought the earlier version of Jetta had almost similar build like Passat but may be I was wrong. But otherwise, it still looks solid compared to Elantra and Corolla.
Old 23rd August 2015, 23:00   #387
BHPian

I had a very minor leakage,coolant tank used to get empty in 2-3 months. Read horrific stories about further damage to timing belt and so on.

I used Diesel jetta for 3 years. It was just like passat. Ride quality was not so good. Most of the VW cars are getting lighter every few years. Looks like they want to compete with toyotas.

Last edited by DieselDelight : 23rd August 2015 at 23:05.
Old 21st September 2015, 10:31   #388
BHPian

Guys, As you all know I have a Light brown Passat. (Check my cover photo, same as the official review). I want to get the roof wrapped to gloss black along with side view mirrors.

What do you guys suggest yay or nay!! Thanks a lot
Old 25th September 2015, 08:06   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, As you all know I have a Light brown Passat. (Check my cover photo, same as the official review). I want to get the roof wrapped to gloss black along with side view mirrors.

What do you guys suggest yay or nay!! Thanks a lot
The Passats are not the best when it comes to air conditioning, so IMHO I would suggest to stay away from a black roof.

With my dark oak brown Passat parked in the sun, it takes a while for the air conditioning to get effective inside. Black would have a similar effect
rpunwani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 16:10   #390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpunwani View Post
The Passats are not the best when it comes to air conditioning, so IMHO I would suggest to stay away from a black roof.

With my dark oak brown Passat parked in the sun, it takes a while for the air conditioning to get effective inside. Black would have a similar effect
Thanks rpunwani. I understand. Infact today only my car was parked in the sun and it took good 5 Kms for the car to cool down.

The thing is I came accross this photo over the internet and got me thinking. Looks dope.
Attached Thumbnails
Driven: The 2011 Volkswagen Passat-capture.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks