Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Old 24th May 2012, 10:48   #31
BHPian

Default re: Fiat Linea MJD Boss(a) Nova White. EDIT With Race-chip and 30000 Kms update

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 31st May 2012 at 14:27.
dmaheshkumar is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 31st May 2012, 13:46   #32
BHPian

Default re: Fiat Linea MJD Boss(a) Nova White. EDIT With Race-chip and 30000 Kms update

7000 Kms-
The car is now a gem! The MJD is performing to its full potential after the addition of the race-chip tuning box and Vkool heat reject's all around. The car reaches 75kmph in 2nd gear as shown in the speedometer!! The car is performing like a true work horse after the addition of the box. the mileage in city with full time ac is 15.2kmpl. The total odo reading as per 08/06/2011 was 7269kms. The Vkool's are really good and the car doesn't get heated up at all even after keeping it direct under sunlight.

So figures after adding the box-
0-100 - Approx 12 secs
20-80 in 3th gear is about 9.56 secs.
40-100 in 4th gear is about 10.83 secs.
Top speed attained 185 kmph (Rev was 4800), but ran out of road
Next mod Planned is Stanley Seat covers.

I'm really very very satisfied with the car and its performance
Race-chip- Why?
Here is the answer!

The race-chip tuning box is a very good device which increases the overall power and drivibility of the car. As we know, the Linea MJD suffers from a disease called the "Turbo-Lag". The car is very powerful in the mid and top range, but there's a severe problem in the low end. The car just resists to climb up the Rpm range below the 2000Rpm. So there were 2 ways left out,
1) Ecu Remap.
2) Tuning box.

1)Ecu remap- It is the safest option, but no proper tuner is available in Bangalore. And it costs a whooping 22k. So i just discarded this option.

2)Tuning box- The second option was this, and the power output as compared to the remap was better, but i wasn't sure of the turbo-lag thing. I had a lot of options in this.
a)Pete's tuning box- Power was up to 105 Hp and torque was around 240Nm. But this thing costs more than the remap i.e. 28k. So this thing was even more costlier, so gave it a miss.
b)Dragon tuning box-This tuning box was imported by red rooster performance and had a great output too, but price was on the higher side. So i gave this also a miss.
c)Race-ship tuning box- Next came this thing, from Germany. It had a great output of 120Hp and torque of 275Nm torque. This things costs only 13k which was just half of the other options. So i decided to order this thing.
I received it through UPS, which was very fast in delivering this item.

Installation- It is very easy to install, and can be easily fitted within 20 mins. (20 mins because it was the first time and did not know the technique to open the covers and all.)

Performance- The performance is absolutely mind blowing. The car starts to accelerate from 1400Rpm itself. Now the turbo-lag is not as evident as before. There are 24 settings inside the tuning box, for the type of performance you want. The base is considered to be 8(minimum power) to 7(maximum power). There are two dials. The left dial is for the performance increase and the left one for moment the tuning box kicks in.
I've till now used up-to 1-5 settings. Haven't gone further.

Mileage- The average mileage in Bangalore city conditions is about 16.4 - 16.6 with 100% Ac.

Verdict- This thing is real value for money and improves mileage as well as drivabilty by 35-45%.

[left] 8500 Kms-[indent] Nothing really to tell! The car is doing it's best! Many days up, didn't go for a long trip! Plans are for Bangalore-Mangalore-Goa..

Many blows to the car from many idiots on the road. Many scratches on the rear bumper!

Those blows especially from cyclists!

Mileage- 15.2 - 15.4Kmpl.

MODS planned are
1)Carbon Fibre Vinyls
2)Sound insulation!!
3)Abarth Logo! Yes You read that correct, ABARTH logo!
4)White wheels!
Suggestions are always welcome!

Official Upgrades-

Service Center- Concorde Motors, Dairy circle.
Experience- Really good.

They had asked me to drop the car in the morning. I had some other complains like
1)12V socket wasn't working.
2)Wind Noise
3)Rear Arm-rest was making some clinch noise.

The steering column and some hose pipe were upgraded FOC. I had also asked about the firmware upgrade which was the CAN up-gradation. Everything was done very perfectly and the car was delivered in the evening about 6:30 Pm.

Difference-The software upgrade did some really good job. It pulls cleanly from 1500 RPM..The sound is also less as compared to say yesterday. The arm-rest noise is also gone now.

The experience was really good and the person who was looking after my car was Mr. Maisud Khan. If someone wants to get the car serviced there, please do contact him, he is the right person.

11500Kms Update!!

Got the calipers painted to red!! Looks really cool!!
Mileage- 15Kmpl avg.

Changed the race chip setting to 5 and 6 once!
God!! The car, just takes off! One can really feel the torque! I guess, 100 comes off within 11 or 12 secs! The 2nd gear is really good after 2000Rpm..Mileage for a short 50Kms drive was about 13Kmpl as i was just revving it to the redline! All other cars were in dust!!
But changed the settings to normal now!

Update : 20000Kms-

Car is just doing awesome. But few minor problems-
1)Windshield sprayers don't spray water!
2) IRVM came into the hands!

Change in Location-
Ahmedabad:

Had been to Akshardhaam Temple near Ahmedabad. There total distance from my place was about 35Kms. The highway is just fantastic. As my race-chip was tuned to 6,6 i was little scared so tuned it to 3,6. The low end is quiet good now, but the 1st gear and 2nd gears are very short. The real big difference is after 100Kmph. Press your foot down, and 120Kmph comes up in a blink. My father was just amazed to see such difference. Finally and finally i managed to give a cruze a real hard time. Now i dont know hw is that possible but at 2000Rpm the car will be at 80Kmph. But after changing it to 3,6 at 2000Rpm its at 90kmph! I'm very very confused, that how is that possible?? And the top speed managed was 180Kmph without any excess strain to the engine. To be frank it was quiet a breeze for the MUTIJET!

30000Kms Update-
So what else??

30000+ Kms and the car is always ready to rock and roll! My dad says he's very proud that such a big and heavy car gives him an Avg mileage of 17.1 kmpl in Ahmedabad city! As far as i remember the left one is at 4 and right one is at 5.

All i know is, Fiat Linea is the best driver's car upto 20L segment!!

Last edited by moralfibre : 19th July 2013 at 06:10. Reason: Removing extra smileys
Naparajito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2012, 10:12   #33
BHPian

Default Re: Fiat Linea MJD Boss(a) Nova White. EDIT With Race-chip and 30000 Kms update

I test drove the Punto and understood the following things-
1)The power delivery of the punto is very different of that of Linea.
2)The engine feels very free even below 2000Rpm, where as in Linea its more of a lag! I guess his box was set to "5" and "6", and what i could understand is the FGT being smaller a smaller Turbo helps in the lower RPM's where as the VGT helps in the higher revs. When the is very low torque in the Linea, the Punto has plenty of it, and when the Linea starts pulling, the power slowly fades away in the Punto 75Hp.
3)The vibrations on the other hand is more in the Punto.

If I had to choose a setting for the Punto, It would have been something around 4,6 or 5,6.

Now Comes my Story

Had been to most of the Holy Places in Gujarat, namely Dwarka, Somnath.
We started on 22/07/12 at 8:45 A.M. The distance to be traveled was around 470Kms. The route was chosen which was via Rajkot. The car was driven from Ahmadabad to Rajkot by myself. And you know, when I drive i love it red-line in every possible gear. I pushed to car to its limit at many places. Though not recommended took turns at 130-140Kmph and guess what, Linea as always did then with ease. The average speed on MID was 91kmph. At stretches, i was doing 140-150-160-170 so on! As I'll applause for the kinds of roads in Gujarat! Hats-off Mr. Modi.
My tuning box is running on "6" and "6" setting. Press the accelerator, at 100Kmph, you feel the push from 120Kmph to all the way till 160-165Kmph. Sometimes i really felt I was in the 3 gear, but when I put my hand on the gear Lever I noticed it was at 5th I think i'll be moving on with this setting as even when you hit the red-line, the check engine light doesn't come up!
Then we reached Dwarka at around 4:30P.M. The car gave a average mileage of 18.7Kmpl till then. Visit to the city and the temple decreased the mileage to 17.9Kmpl. The next day visited the someshwar temple, Gopi Talaab and many other places. This route was a loop and probably the worst stretch in the entire journey. The max we could do was 40Kmph. The mileage was same 17.9Kmpl even after we reached our Hotel for checkout.

The after checking out, we headed towards Somnath. The route was via porbandar and magrol. The first 100Kms were a bit rough. Th road was narrow, had patches all over it, pot holes and everything else what you expect from typical Indian roads. Then we had the pilot change in between Porbandar and Mangrol. Reached Somnath at around 7 P.M. and visited the lord around 8. It was some experience The breeze is mind blowing outside the temple. The next day we visited many other places including the places were the Pandav's hid during their 14 years "Junglewaas".

Then we started for Ahmadabad at 1:00 A.M and the route was via Rajkot and Chotila. Then again the car was handed over by me to my dad at Chotila. Still the average mileage was 18Kmpl exact. We reached Ahmadabad around 7:30P.M. in the evening.

Total Distance- Around 1200Kms
Fuel Consumed- 67Ltrs (Approx.)
Avg Mileage- 18Kmpl
Avg speed- 72Kmph.

Pics-
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat Linea MJD Boss(a) Nova White. EDIT With Race-chip and 30000 Kms update-p7233069.jpg  

Fiat Linea MJD Boss(a) Nova White. EDIT With Race-chip and 30000 Kms update-p7233070.jpg  

Fiat Linea MJD Boss(a) Nova White. EDIT With Race-chip and 30000 Kms update-p7233089.jpg  

Fiat Linea MJD Boss(a) Nova White. EDIT With Race-chip and 30000 Kms update-p1221_220712.jpg  

Old 18th July 2013, 13:15   #34
BHPian

Default Re: Fiat Linea MJD Boss(a) Nova White. implies DONT BUY ANY FIAT

Having a tough time with my car now..scared dad will sell it off !

Every bit of the front suspension has been changed but still the car pulls towards the left like anything.. + Vectro motors have terrible service!

I wont recommend anyone to buy a FIAT product from now.. My car is with from 2nd of july now! Gave it with full tank diesel, now its in reserve!

We have only one service Center in Bangalore i.e Vectro Motors. This thing is beyond repairs now. Trust me their service manager has put my mobile no. in auto reject.
His name is Mr Channabassapa.. Their office executive just ignore all the phone calls. They werent able to sort the problem and still even they argue that the car had a big accident! My father insisted them to check if there was an accident, and if it had really met with an accident he will pay them 11 Lacs more. They have just no idea of what they are doing.

Another report which i forgot to mention. When my car was in Gujarat, my dad lost his foldable key and he ordered for a new one. We infact got it after a month, but the main problem is even after paying Rs 8000, the key is only usable from one side. Turn it to the other side, it wont even turn. These are the troubles I'm facing.. Believe me how sad my father on the decision of buying this vehicle.

Yesterday we had called Mr Gandhi (Fiat India) directly. Neither did he answer the call, but some other chap answered the phone and started arguing with my dad. I really don't know whom to complain and what to complain coz everything is beyond tolerance. I believe I'll have to put up a banner on the car as many Fiat Owners did saying "Dont BUY THIS VEHICLE, YOU WILL BE IN TROUBLE". Hope this helps other guys who are planning to buy a FIAT.

Quote:
Can you detail what all has been done to the car till date?

Suspension changed as you say. What about tires / alloys?
I changed the tires on june 29th 2013. The alloys have no issues what so ever. I got my 45000 service done which was of Rs 19000 which included many suspension parts. Infact, what made me laugh was, the service was done on 23 or 24th of june and only july 5th i get call from Vectro Motors saying "Need to change XX XX parts." The fact is "Those XX parts were changed during the 45000kms service.. "

I SERIOUSLY ASK THE READERS TO THINK 10 TIMES BEFORE BUYING A FIAT..
Naparajito is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2013, 21:36   #35
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Fiat Linea MJD Boss(a) Nova White. EDIT With Race-chip and 30000 Kms update

Quote:
Having a tough time with my car now..scared dad will sell it off !
Quote:
I SERIOUSLY ASK THE READERS TO THINK 10 TIMES BEFORE BUYING A FIAT..
Don't you think you are contradicting yourself here? If the car is so bad, why are you scared that your dad will sell it off? Are you unhappy with the car or are you unhappy with a particular service centre?
Lukeskywalker is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2013, 22:14   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Don't you think you are contradicting yourself here? If the car is so bad, why are you scared that your dad will sell it off? Are you unhappy with the car or are you unhappy with a particular service centre?
See, i never mentioned the car is bad. But i did say "THE SERVICE IS PATHETIC".

I was very satisfied with the car infact until this cropped up. People should keep this in mind that FIAT really has a LOUSY Service.
Old 20th July 2013, 17:02   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naparajito View Post
See, i never mentioned the car is bad. But i did say "THE SERVICE IS PATHETIC".

I was very satisfied with the car infact until this cropped up. People should keep this in mind that FIAT really has a LOUSY Service.
So wouldn't it be fair to say "THINK 10 TIMES BEFORE BUYING A FIAT IN BANGALORE BECAUSE THE SERVICE IS BAD" rather than generalizing a statement for pan-India. I am sorry for your experience and totally sympathize with your frustration.
vikrantj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2013, 18:27   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantj View Post
So wouldn't it be fair to say "THINK 10 TIMES BEFORE BUYING A FIAT IN BANGALORE BECAUSE THE SERVICE IS BAD" rather than generalizing a statement for pan-India. I am sorry for your experience and totally sympathize with your frustration.
Hahah! That would be nice, but I have contacted many people across India who are facing such problems. So i would not want to change my statement.