Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 8th May 2011, 09:39   #76
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Sillicon Hub - Bangalore To Shiwalik Ranges -sikkim & Bhutan By Road

I remember Hotlix restaurant (in the Ropeway building), one of my best food experiences, at one of the best times. We had driven down from Guwahati, overnight, to reach Gangtok starving, on a rainy afternoon. Great food at unbelievable prices, and the priceless view of Gangtok with not one by two rainbows at the same time!!!
julupani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2011, 17:23   #77

Default Re: Sillicon Hub - Bangalore To Shiwalik Ranges -sikkim & Bhutan By Road

I don't see any other update after 8th May, checking everyday by refreshing the bookmark., but no updates.
ksil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2011, 10:49   #78
Senior - BHPian

Sree, is this travelogue not going to see any further updates??
I hope you update it soon enough, it's been long!!
Fordmanchau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2011, 12:21   #79
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Sree - Hats off on doing this trip, especially with the family

Superb travelogue, nice meandering pace of narration, almost like a happy-go-lucky story in parts/episodes !
Somehow missed this travelogue earlier but caught up this week after finding it, waiting to read the rest of the story.
NPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2011, 14:07   #80
Senior - BHPian

Sree,

When will you show us Nathula,Teesta, Yumthang, Thimphu and Paro? When will we next update?
Fauji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2011, 16:34   #81
Senior - BHPian

This travelogue has gone quiet!When do we get to see Thimphu/Paro?!!Excellent writeup till now,waiting for more details and your writeups on your Sikkim stay.Rated 5*
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2011, 16:41   #82
Senior - BHPian

fantastic trip and pics Sree, waiting for the next part, I am hooked
rkbharat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 10:03   #83
BHPian

Omigosh, Kolkata to Gangtok without a break! I salute your spirit sir.

Please do share why you chose not to take the Rampuhart > Suri> Moregram route.
Arka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 12:26   #84
BHPian

Sir, waiting for further part of the story. I am seriously thinking about driving to Bhutan this year, and following this thread for updates, and also your reasoning behind choice of routes. Hope you find sometime to post some updates.
Also, we may have met in Gangtok. I also traveled during Dasara holidays there.
sriturl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 17:02   #85
BHPian

Sree,

Knock knock-are you there-waiting with abated breath for your log?? Totally quiet for over a month? everything okay?? Like I said will be using this log as a "Map" for my impending trip to Bhutan with a small detour to Shillong to attend a wedding-planning a 25 day trip back an forth!!!
Jude
Judemayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 17:29   #86
BHPian

Hi sree70!

This is an awesome travelogue. Don't know how I missed this, thanks to Fordmanchau for pointing it out. Never knew the car(and its occupants) I saw yesterday had been on such a long road trip Waiting for more!
vaibzi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2011, 09:20   #87
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic trip, Sree.

I had gone to Lachung and Lachen valley (right till the border at 18150 feet) in 2003. There was a freezing wind at Gurudongmar - almost unbearable. Looking forward to your North Sikkim story and pictures.
nilanjanray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2011, 13:15   #88
BHPian

Hi Sree,

Nice travelogue.
Waiting for more updates on this thread. I have been planning a trip to Sikkim and Bhutan since some time now. We are most likely to do it in October/November. It would be nice to see more updates and plan our trip accordingly.
Of-course will ask HVK for more details on roads and places.
akaush is offline   Reply With Quote