Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 15th July 2011, 09:58   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Tadoba Tiger Resrve - Restarting explorations with a Bang !!

Hi,
Amazing picture of the tigress with the bean bag ! I have seen a tourist drop his lens from elephant back in front of a tiger in kanha, the difference being the cat was not curious enough and walked away.
The picture also goes on to say that how close we get to the tigers on a safari.
i am sure the bean bag will now be most precious to you ,waiting for more pictures.
Regards
Coooolcat21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2011, 01:56   #47
BHPian

A little off topic but thought its important to share.

Yet another attack from the wild. Sadly the leopard was killed.
There was also an incident of elephant rampage recently in one of the villages around mysore.

Are'nt these incident clearly because of human settlements getting closer and closer to the home of the wild?

Please see the below link for details with pics.
Leopard mauls six in Siliguri - Yahoo! News

Last edited by MohsinRoadster : 21st July 2011 at 01:58.
MohsinRoadster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2011, 00:59   #48
BHPian

Sorry about the delay between my last post and this one. I was on a one week holiday with my girlfriend visiting Kolkata, Mumbai, Goa and Tadoba - the highlights of the trip being some awesome time out from the daily life and the best part being gifted a left hand drive cj3b by UBS !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohsinRoadster View Post
A little off topic but thought its important to share.

Yet another attack from the wild. Sadly the leopard was killed.
There was also an incident of elephant rampage recently in one of the villages around mysore.

Are'nt these incident clearly because of human settlements getting closer and closer to the home of the wild?

Please see the below link for details with pics.
Leopard mauls six in Siliguri - Yahoo! News

Unfortunate but unavoidable. Every year thousands of Leopards in our country die similar deaths. Here is a movie called "Pushed to Kill" made on this issue :

Here's a prelude to the pic from my last post where I posted the first flight of the paradise flycatcher chick :
Name:  282153_10150245219102851_716372850_7424609_1729060_n.jpg
Views: 1084
Size:  55.0 KB

And here's a pic from our last year's expedition titled Flower Power :
Tadoba Tiger Resrve - Restarting explorations with a Bang !!-flower-power.jpg

More to follow.........

regards,
Dr. A Ghosh

Last edited by abheekg : 28th July 2011 at 01:01.
abheekg is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2011, 22:17   #49
BHPian

The National meet of wildlife enthusiasts happens in Tadoba next weekend (also celebrated as Wildcats Foundation day) http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...r-reserve.html (13-14-15 August Wildlife enthusiasts' meet at Tadoba Tiger Reserve)

Over the last few weeks I have been on a few trips to Tadoba to set things up and oversee the preparations of the meet.

I chanced upon something that I had never seen before - The sequence of a Kill . This encounter was witnessed along with the Chief Conservator of Forests of Tadoba.

Let the pics do the talking.

Chase
Name:  CHASE.jpg
Views: 676
Size:  155.4 KB

Trap
Name:  TRAP.jpg
Views: 764
Size:  171.7 KB

Kill
Name:  KILL.jpg
Views: 671
Size:  138.3 KB

Kill to land
Name:  KILL TO LAND.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  167.8 KB

Feeding
Name:  FEEDING 2.jpg
Views: 1009
Size:  149.9 KB

Own share for chief
Name:  OWN SHARE FOR CHIEF.jpg
Views: 631
Size:  152.3 KB

Resting time
Name:  RESTING TIME AFTER FEAST.jpg
Views: 649
Size:  125.4 KB

Although monsoon is not a great time to photograph and document animals in their habitat, perseverance and repeated visits do get me a lot of presentable images and some lifetime moments.

Also photographed over the last 2 weeks was this fantastic visual of 2 brothers enjoying the lush greenery.
Name:  Tigerdrinking water 1.jpg
Views: 665
Size:  189.9 KB

regards,
Dr. A Ghosh
+919960332228

P.S: Due to the great interest shown by a lot of people to attend this meet http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...r-reserve.html (13-14-15 August Wildlife enthusiasts' meet at Tadoba Tiger Reserve) , we have been forced to announce 2 more meets 20-22 August and 9-11 September. Let me know if anyone wants to join in.
abheekg is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote