Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 15th June 2011, 12:26   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Pilgrimage-Five states-6000km-16days-5 Jyotirlinga temples and more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh1968 View Post
Hi RKG, It was nice to come across your route and plan. Please let me know the road conditions from Trimbak to Vapi.
Triambak to Vapi, you have to go via Jawahar to Charoty (on NH8, between Manor & Vapi). Normally, the road is good, but once the rains begin one can never say. From Vapi, it is NH8 which is being widened and sees massive traffic jams sometimes.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 16:41   #17
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh1968 View Post
Hi RKG, It was nice to come across your route and plan. Please let me know the road conditions from Trimbak to Vapi.
Road condition is above average upto Vapi. It took me about 3hr 30 min for 164 km from Trimbak to vapi.
Trimbak to Charoty junction on NH8 took me 2 1/2 hr 106 km.

Day -3 "24th April"

Had morning darshan at Shirdi. Being Sunday crowd was more. It took us around 1.5 hours for darshan

After finishing the formalities like breakfast left Shirdi at 10.30 AM. took the Yeola route as advised in TBHP. Road was excellent. Toll was Rs 50 upto Nashik which was around 127 Km.Road was bad just before Nashik. They are making it 4 lane
Reached Trimbak at 2.45 PM with a lunch break of 45 minutes at Nashik outskirts. Food was good.

Darshan at Trimbak took some time , mostly due to summer rush from shirdi (most of them are from AP).

Left Trimbak at 4.25 PM. Actually i had planned to go via Nashik-Peint. Since the road via Peint was not good as per the travelogue of gajadonga, I had almost decided to break at Nashik for the night.

As road from Trimbak appeared to be good, enquired with locals about road ahead. they said it will meet NH8 and that road condition was good.

Then i came across a group of guys from gujarat not very far from Trimbak on this road. They also told me road is good and go via Jawahar-Vikramgarh-Charoty.

Indeed the road was good and i could maintain good speeds. It did have some pot holes but none were axle braking stuff.

Some photos on the Trimbak-Jawahar road

Reached Vapi by 8 PM. Afterwards the progress was very slow due to numerous flyover constructions. I think it is criminal to collect toll on this road where one can not manage even 60 kmph

Took a break for dinner somewhere between Navsari and Surat bypass.

Reached the Swagat Inn referred by Judemayne.(Thanks a lot). It is indeed very good. I had checked in at 11 PM. It is my first encounter with Gujarat. They need a copy of DL. Every hotel had a xerox machine installed for this purpose. It seems they have to keep copy of DL for 3 years. At around 1AM Police constable knocked on the door. He wants to see whether it is a family or not. He wants to know from where iam coming and where Iam going.

Total distance traveled is 446 Km

Total Toll paid Rs 50(shirdi-nashik) +88(NH8)

A/c Room Rs 650/- with 24 hour checkout
Attached Thumbnails
Pilgrimage-Five states-6000km-16days-5 Jyotirlinga temples and more-near-trimbak.jpg  

Pilgrimage-Five states-6000km-16days-5 Jyotirlinga temples and more-trimbak-jawahar-road.jpg  

Pilgrimage-Five states-6000km-16days-5 Jyotirlinga temples and more-trimbak-jawahar-road1.jpg  

Pilgrimage-Five states-6000km-16days-5 Jyotirlinga temples and more-trimbak-jawahar-road2.jpg  

Last edited by rkg : 15th June 2011 at 16:44.
rkg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 17:23   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
At around 1AM Police constable knocked on the door. He wants to see whether it is a family or not. He wants to know from where iam coming and where Iam going.
that sounds very weird. Never heard such a thing before.

waiting to hear more on this trip.
Sandy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2011, 11:44   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Road condition is above average upto Vapi. It took me about 3hr 30 min for 164 km from Trimbak to vapi.
Trimbak to Charoty junction on NH8 took me 2 1/2 hr 106 km.

Total distance traveled is 446 Km

Total Toll paid Rs 50(shirdi-nashik) +88(NH8)

A/c Room Rs 650/- with 24 hour checkout
rkg,

Please update us on rest of the travelogue. I am also planing to do the same in future, therefore need more information on this.

By the way, here is the same image taken by me from a different angle in Jan 2011 (between Nasik & Triyambak). Hope its the same mountain.

Name:  169023_1286665944516_1766216797_519638_1184232_n.jpg
Views: 1075
Size:  55.3 KB

Cheers!
Irish

Last edited by Irish : 29th December 2011 at 11:51.
Irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2011, 12:17   #20
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish View Post
rkg,

Please update us on rest of the travelogue. I am also planing to do the same in future, therefore need more information on this.

By the way, here is the same image taken by me from a different angle in Jan 2011 (between Nasik & Triyambak). Hope its the same mountain.

Attachment 861613

Cheers!
Irish
I was busy with office work. i will try to update within week
Old 1st February 2012, 11:37   #21
BHPian

Hi RKG,

Planning a similar drive in September/ October 2012. Your travelogue would help.
Rajesh1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2012, 20:26   #22
BHPian

Hi Folks,

I am planning for a trip to Pandharpur, please advise a suitable route via Hubli-Bijapur & please provide updates on the road conditions. I will be leaving Bangalore at 4am..and planning to reach Pandharpur by 7PM.Is this doable?

Thanks,
maximus. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2012, 09:44   #23
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus. View Post
Hi Folks,

I am planning for a trip to Pandharpur, please advise a suitable route via Hubli-Bijapur & please provide updates on the road conditions. I will be leaving Bangalore at 4am..and planning to reach Pandharpur by 7PM.Is this doable?

Thanks,
I had travelled in May 2011. Iam not sure of road conditions now. But i think they should be ok. In may 2011, 4 laning was in progress between hospet and Bijapur. I hope it is completed by now.

If 4 laning is complete between Chtradurga- bijapur it is better to opt for this route.

Ballari-Hospet stretch is not good with big potholes limiting the speed. CUrrent conditions iam not aware

f you are starting at 4 AM, you can reach bijapur by 1-2 Pm

The road between Bijapur-pandharpur is not good for about 20-25 km on karnataka side.

Bijapur- Zalki should be ok.
Zalki till MH border , bad in may 2011. It is most likely to be same.

Once in MH road surface is good.

Iam not sure of any boarding facilities in Pandharpur. If your are staying overnight in Pandharpur, please update about the facilities
rkg is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2012, 14:58   #24
BHPian

Quote:
I had travelled in May 2011. Iam not sure of road conditions now. But i think they should be ok. In may 2011, 4 laning was in progress between hospet and Bijapur. I hope it is completed by now.

If 4 laning is complete between Chtradurga- bijapur it is better to opt for this route.

Ballari-Hospet stretch is not good with big potholes limiting the speed. CUrrent conditions iam not aware

f you are starting at 4 AM, you can reach bijapur by 1-2 Pm

The road between Bijapur-pandharpur is not good for about 20-25 km on karnataka side.

Bijapur- Zalki should be ok.
Zalki till MH border , bad in may 2011. It is most likely to be same.

Once in MH road surface is good.

Iam not sure of any boarding facilities in Pandharpur. If your are staying overnight in Pandharpur, please update about the facilities

Hi Rkg,

Thanks for the quick response.Good to hear 4 lane is complete till Bijapur. Once i return i'll post stay options.
maximus. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2012, 20:39   #25
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus. View Post
Hi Rkg,

Thanks for the quick response.Good to hear 4 lane is complete till Bijapur. Once i return i'll post stay options.
Hi! Iam not sure about 4 laning being complete. Check with some one who might have traveled recently or with HVK who can give latest updates

When i had traveled 4 laning was going on. not completed. It took me around 4-5 hours to reach Bijapur form Hospet

Bijapur- Pandharpur will take min 3 hours