Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2011, 18:06   #16
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bangalore/Mysore
Posts: 399
Thanked: 68 Times
Default Re: 4 Friends - 3 States - 2 Bikes - 1 Awesome Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
It's an awesome trip indeed! Thanks for posting it up, made for a nice read.
Thanks. It was a memorable trip indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Great trip and enjoyed the pics. The best snap for me was of the train on the bridge.

Good to read that the bike as well did not give you any problems on the way.
Yeah, there was absolutely no problems with the bikes. Just Fill it-Shut it-Forget it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Nice trip and happy to see both rider and pillion wearing helmets. Enjoyed the snaps too.

Some more snaps of both the bikes please
Thanks. Yes, all 4 of us were wearing helmets all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Great pics and should say a well planned trip overall. You seems to have covered not just the distance but all the attractions on route too. Also, how was the road from Rameshwaram to Tirunelveli?
Thanks. The state highway from rameshwaram to tirunelveli was very good and picturesque. (We had not expected it to be so good as I have mentioned.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdnivara View Post
Awesome trip and enjoyed the pictures most!

The Pamban bridge, Dhanushkodi church, Calicat backwaters and your bike in a misty background (Wayanad) takes the cake!

Also, Dhanushkodi was destroyed due to a storm and not a Tsunami.
My fav pic is the sunset pic at the beach
I was told by people in dhanushkoDi that it was destroyed in the tsunami.
I just read wiki and it says it was destroyed in storm
figo_united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2011, 18:24   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,233
Thanked: 338 Times
Default Re: 4 Friends - 3 States - 2 Bikes - 1 Awesome Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post


Yeah, there was absolutely no problems with the bikes. Just Fill it-Shut it-Forget it!

But i thought you were on a Bajaj Pulsar and not riding Hero Honda

Great. By the way what was the average FE that you got for the trip.
amitwlele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th June 2011, 00:17   #18
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bangalore/Mysore
Posts: 399
Thanked: 68 Times
Default Re: 4 Friends - 3 States - 2 Bikes - 1 Awesome Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
But i thought you were on a Bajaj Pulsar and not riding Hero Honda

Great. By the way what was the average FE that you got for the trip.
Ha ha. Although my pulsar reminds me to visit a bunk more often than the hero honda does, I indeed forget everything else till then

Sorry I can't recollect the FE figures. Not too proud of it anyway
figo_united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2011, 00:06   #19
BHPian
 
lancersfx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 206
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: 4 Friends - 3 States - 2 Bikes - 1 Awesome Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdnivara View Post
Awesome trip and enjoyed the pictures most!

The Pamban bridge, Dhanushkodi church, Calicat backwaters and your bike in a misty background (Wayanad) takes the cake!

Also, Dhanushkodi was destroyed due to a storm and not a Tsunami.

+1 on this... lovely ride report. Great biking spirit.
lancersfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2011, 15:50   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
Urban_Nomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Delhi
Posts: 1,329
Thanked: 1,287 Times
Default Re: 4 Friends - 3 States - 2 Bikes - 1 Awesome Trip

Seems like you had fun. Some nice pics and a good write up make this an interesting thread.

A request though Mr Biker man, get RID of that saree guard thing, unless you are afraid your saree may get caught in the back wheel. It was the 1st thing I did .... years ago when I bought my first bike (HH Splendor). Did not even leave the showroom without first getting the darned thing off. This ugly contraption was unaccpetable (to me) then, and it still very much is today.

Urban_Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2011, 20:43   #21
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Eranakulam
Posts: 208
Thanked: 69 Times
Default Re: 4 Friends - 3 States - 2 Bikes - 1 Awesome Trip

Fantastic Report & Pics!! And hats off to you and your friends for undertaking this trip!
Games Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2011, 12:34   #22
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bangalore/Mysore
Posts: 399
Thanked: 68 Times
Default Re: 4 Friends - 3 States - 2 Bikes - 1 Awesome Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Seems like you had fun. Some nice pics and a good write up make this an interesting thread.

A request though Mr Biker man, get RID of that saree guard thing, unless you are afraid your saree may get caught in the back wheel. It was the 1st thing I did .... years ago when I bought my first bike (HH Splendor). Did not even leave the showroom without first getting the darned thing off. This ugly contraption was unaccpetable (to me) then, and it still very much is today.

Even I had thought of getting it removed initially, but somehow its stayed on! Now after my figo has arrived, my bike doesn't get the attention it used to So its gonna still stay.


Quote:
Originally Posted by lancersfx View Post
+1 on this... lovely ride report. Great biking spirit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Games Goblin View Post
Fantastic Report & Pics!! And hats off to you and your friends for undertaking this trip!
Thanks lancersfx & Games Goblin.
figo_united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2011, 17:07   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,534
Thanked: 984 Times
Default Re: 4 Friends - 3 States - 2 Bikes - 1 Awesome Trip

Well planned trip!! Kudos to your planning abilities and also to the biker spirit in you.

Amazing pics!! The train on the bridge and sunset pics are the best of the lot for me.
abhinav.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2011, 15:50   #24
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bangalore/Mysore
Posts: 399
Thanked: 68 Times
Default Re: 4 Friends - 3 States - 2 Bikes - 1 Awesome Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Well planned trip!! Kudos to your planning abilities and also to the biker spirit in you.

Amazing pics!! The train on the bridge and sunset pics are the best of the lot for me.
Thanks a lot abhinav
figo_united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2011, 16:48   #25
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 861
Thanked: 302 Times
Default Re: 4 Friends - 3 States - 2 Bikes - 1 Awesome Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Nomad View Post
Seems like you had fun. Some nice pics and a good write up make this an interesting thread.

A request though Mr Biker man, get RID of that saree guard thing, unless you are afraid your saree may get caught in the back wheel. It was the 1st thing I did .... years ago when I bought my first bike (HH Splendor). Did not even leave the showroom without first getting the darned thing off. This ugly contraption was unaccpetable (to me) then, and it still very much is today.

I too hate saree guards but of late came to install them on my Pulsar. Another thing I dislike is rear view mirror. I remove saree guard and rear view mirrors in the show room itself. I feel it is strange regarding the rear view mirror on my bike because I cannot drive without one in car.
simplyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2011, 16:58   #26
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 861
Thanked: 302 Times
Default Re: 4 Friends - 3 States - 2 Bikes - 1 Awesome Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
Day 6:

Had one of the worst experiences at this place though! We went to the cloak room there and here's what happened:


Cloak Room Guy : Each bag Rs20.
We : ok, we have 2 bags.


[/b]
I too had not a good experience there. For a bath in temple pond we were charged. I dont think any other temple charges for bathing in a temple pond. ( Should the TDB employ this idea at Pampa, there would be another 40 to 50 crores revenue per season).

Sour point was at prasadam counter - after buying a few of the prasadams, I inquired the person whether laddu was available. The person reacted a bit harshly, replied that laddu would be found at ........ and one should go over there to get one. Even as I replied, a couple of people joined and almost shouted that I must go there to get a laddu. I lashed at them in Hindi (I do not speak Malayalam), after a few minutes they cooled down but I came out fuming.

Had a tiff at the parking lot too. A mini van was reversing and got very near to my car. I stood by the side of my car and was guiding the driver. When the reversing van came too close to my car, I tapped loudly on the van. The driver was shouting at me in a language I do not understand and was gesturing at me violently. This time I was too bad in a mood to argue. I just opened the boot of my car, found the rod which is sued to lift the jack, and moved towards him. Amazingly, his vocals jammed and he just folded his hands.

Last edited by simplyself : 20th June 2011 at 17:05.
simplyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2011, 17:04   #27
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Cochin
Posts: 334
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: 4 Friends - 3 States - 2 Bikes - 1 Awesome Trip

good to see that you guys have done such a trip..You should have tried calling some tbhpians in kerala when you reached here..
kphilip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2011, 19:51   #28
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 59
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Re: 4 Friends - 3 States - 2 Bikes - 1 Awesome Trip

Very good travelogue and flow of presentation. Me with my family had visited Kanyakumari on 24-26 December 2010. As you pointed out, it was too much of rush for the ferry. We had also visited Vattakottai beach which is on the way to Suchindram. Only our family was there on beach at that time (7 am or so) and had a really nice time.
Aravindpn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 09:57   #29
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bangalore/Mysore
Posts: 399
Thanked: 68 Times
Default Re: 4 Friends - 3 States - 2 Bikes - 1 Awesome Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
I too had not a good experience there. For a bath in temple pond we were charged. I dont think any other temple charges for bathing in a temple pond. ( Should the TDB employ this idea at Pampa, there would be another 40 to 50 crores revenue per season).

Sour point was at prasadam counter - after buying a few of the prasadams, I inquired the person whether laddu was available. The person reacted a bit harshly, replied that laddu would be found at ........ and one should go over there to get one. Even as I replied, a couple of people joined and almost shouted that I must go there to get a laddu. I lashed at them in Hindi (I do not speak Malayalam), after a few minutes they cooled down but I came out fuming.

Had a tiff at the parking lot too. A mini van was reversing and got very near to my car. I stood by the side of my car and was guiding the driver. When the reversing van came too close to my car, I tapped loudly on the van. The driver was shouting at me in a language I do not understand and was gesturing at me violently. This time I was too bad in a mood to argue. I just opened the boot of my car, found the rod which is sued to lift the jack, and moved towards him. Amazingly, his vocals jammed and he just folded his hands.
Its just not worth a visit

Quote:
Originally Posted by kphilip View Post
good to see that you guys have done such a trip..You should have tried calling some tbhpians in kerala when you reached here..
Thanks.
I was not a t-bhp member yet, when I went on this trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aravindpn View Post
Very good travelogue and flow of presentation. Me with my family had visited Kanyakumari on 24-26 December 2010. As you pointed out, it was too much of rush for the ferry. We had also visited Vattakottai beach which is on the way to Suchindram. Only our family was there on beach at that time (7 am or so) and had a really nice time.
Thanks Aravind. We had reached kanyakumari on 27th evening.
figo_united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 17:58   #30
RGK
Senior - BHPian
 
RGK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: DPM and CHN
Posts: 1,355
Thanked: 206 Times
Default Re: 4 Friends - 3 States - 2 Bikes - 1 Awesome Trip

Very good bike (travelled) report. Nice to see the photos. The season of December is the time for long drives where the climate across TN is pleasant.
RGK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How awesome can a road trip be? The Great Ocean Road Trip : Melbourne! champ27 Travelogues 31 17th July 2014 14:56
Superbikes, phenomenal rides, great friends and awesome breakfasts DKG Superbikes & Imports 51 3rd December 2011 11:10
12 days 4 States 5 Bikes 8 friends buvan Travelogues 23 29th December 2009 17:56
An Awesome Trip to Las Vegas aka Sin City! Deziboy Travelogues 21 18th June 2009 00:07


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:24.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks