Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 22nd June 2011, 18:22   #31
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: 4 Friends - 3 States - 2 Bikes - 1 Awesome Trip

@figo, you can say, you dont time your drives! The previous one 9 temples in a day and now this! Great drive indeed.

All the colours of a rainbow included. GQ, SH, ghats, beaches, temples, rivers. falls. estates ..... !!!
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 22:58   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Very good bike (travelled) report. Nice to see the photos. The season of December is the time for long drives where the climate across TN is pleasant.
Thanks RGK. Even with the "pleasant" climate, there was a big difference in my complexion before and after I finished the trip
But I do agree that it is pleasant compared to the summer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
@figo, you can say, you dont time your drives! The previous one 9 temples in a day and now this! Great drive indeed.
Thanks ampere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
All the colours of a rainbow included. GQ, SH, ghats, beaches, temples, rivers. falls. estates ..... !!!
That sums up the trip in a great manner
figo_united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 23:14   #33
Senior - BHPian

Talking Re: 4 Friends - 3 States - 2 Bikes - 1 Awesome Trip

Wow, that's a very nice trip report! Even I want to do such a trip sometime. As usual, a few questions

Did you take any special supplies/kits for handling punctures? And, did you have any punctures btw?

Did you service your bike before the trip? What extra care did you take before setting out on the trip?

Some of my friends do go on long trips like this, but they always have a backup van with 2 mechanics and spares following them.
W.A.G.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 23:40   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.G.7 View Post
Wow, that's a very nice trip report! Even I want to do such a trip sometime. As usual, a few questions

Did you take any special supplies/kits for handling punctures? And, did you have any punctures btw?
No, we did not carry any puncture kits. Since we had 2 bikes, we thought we could manage. We were driving only during the day, except for a couple of stretches.
Thankfully, We did not have any punctures, or any other problems with the bike!

We had one such instance during our bike trip to wayanad around 5 years ago. Had a puncture just before entering the bandipur forests. We had removed the wheel, and taken it back to gundlupet on the other bike, got the puncture fixed and came back.

Quote:
Did you service your bike before the trip? What extra care did you take before setting out on the trip?
Not a full service, but yes, got all the basic checks done.
Got a service done after I returned from the trip.

Quote:
Some of my friends do go on long trips like this, but they always have a backup van with 2 mechanics and spares following them.
Ha ha. First time I am hearing something of this sort
They can take a caravan next time.
Old 24th June 2011, 15:16   #35
Senior - BHPian

Talking Re: 4 Friends - 3 States - 2 Bikes - 1 Awesome Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united View Post
Ha ha. First time I am hearing something of this sort
They can take a caravan next time.
Ha ha ha! Let me show them your post and I want to see the reaction on their face... But its true; just tomorrow on 25th; they will doing a short trip of ~350kms; and they have already gone the whole way with all the preparations!
W.A.G.7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2011, 12:21   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by figo_united;
Day 6:

Had one of the worst experiences at this place though! We went to the cloak room there and here's what happened:

Cloak Room Guy : Each bag Rs20.
We : ok, we have 2 bags.
Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
I too had not a good experience there. For a bath in temple pond we were charged. I dont think any other temple charges for bathing in a temple pond. ( Should the TDB employ this idea at Pampa, there would be another 40 to 50 crores revenue per season).

Sour point was at prasadam counter - after buying a few of the prasadams, I inquired the person whether laddu was available. The person reacted a bit harshly, replied that laddu would be found at ........ and one should go over there to get one. Even as I replied, a couple of people joined and almost shouted that I must go there to get a laddu. I lashed at them in Hindi (I do not speak Malayalam), after a few minutes they cooled down but I came out fuming.

Had a tiff at the parking lot too. A mini van was reversing and got very near to my car. I stood by the side of my car and was guiding the driver. When the reversing van came too close to my car, I tapped loudly on the van. The driver was shouting at me in a language I do not understand and was gesturing at me violently. This time I was too bad in a mood to argue. I just opened the boot of my car, found the rod which is sued to lift the jack, and moved towards him. Amazingly, his vocals jammed and he just folded his hands.
As if they had not made enough money already, now this

New security for 90,000 crore temple treasure