Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 18th June 2011, 04:12   #1
BHPian

Exclamation In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!

This is me posting after ages, the final few months of my academic life have pressured the hell outta me, however when i was in the presence of the beasts that follow this post, I was thinking, TeamBHP should come here! I will let the pictures speak for themselves!

Stuttgart, graciously celebrating 125 years of the automobile!
Attached Thumbnails
In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2474.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2482.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2487.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2488.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2490.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2492.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2496.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2499.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2502.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2503.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2504.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2505.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2506.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2507.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2508.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2512.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2513.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2519.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2521.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2522.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2523.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2524.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2525.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2526.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2527.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2528.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2531.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2532.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2533.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2534.jpg  

Edmund is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2011, 04:22   #2
BHPian

Default Re: In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!

Hey Edmund, nice pictures there. What show was this? The background suggests that the show was held at Schlossplatz. Was there in the December 2008 for visiting the Mercedes and Porsche museums, loved it.
Autonorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2011, 04:24   #3
BHPian

Some more...........
Attached Thumbnails
In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2537.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2538.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2540.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2542.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2544.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2547.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2553.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2551.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2560.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2562.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2564.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2566.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2556.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2630.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2644.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2647.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2648.jpg  

Edmund is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2011, 04:26   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autonorm View Post
Hey Edmund, nice pictures there. What show was this? The background suggests that the show was held at Schlossplatz. Was there in the December 2008 for visiting the Mercedes and Porsche museums, loved it.
You're right, this is the Schlossplatz, it was called "125 years of the automobile"

You still in Deutschland?
Edmund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2011, 04:37   #5
Senior - BHPian

hey where is this. Currently i am in Erlangen. Visited BMW museum in Munich. now planning to visit the Mercedes museum in Stuttgart. please give me directions from Stuttgart Hauftbahnhof
amit_mechengg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2011, 04:41   #6
BHPian

Hey Amit, this show was last month man! the pics are a "little" late, cause i was up to my neck with work!

Mercedes Benz Museum.......check PM!
Old 18th June 2011, 05:04   #7
BHPian

Exclamation Re: In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!

Ok, So this place is a little hard to believe.......its one crazy concept!

here goes:

This place used to be a hangar for the Zeppelin!!!

Read more @ - MEILENWERK -

So, they rent parking space to the affluent auto enthusiast!!! Store their cars in glass boxes, [Some of the shots looks like Maisto models stacked!!!!] And they welcome anyone to come see the cars for free, the adjacent building is the V8 hotel!

I'll let the pictures speak for themselves........i thought i'd list the cars but that is an endless one so i'll name the prominent ones, you look out for them!

Lamborghini Countach
Mercedes Benz Mclaren SLR 722
Renault Alpine
Ferrari 512BB
Alfa Romeo 1300 Junior
Attached Thumbnails
In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2797.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2809.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2810.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2811.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2813.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2814.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2816.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2822.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2824.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2825.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2828.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2829.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2830.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2834.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2835.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2836.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2837.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2838.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2840.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2841.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2842.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2843.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2845.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2847.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2848.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2849.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2850.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2852.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2854.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2856.jpg  

Old 18th June 2011, 05:19   #8
BHPian

Exclamation Re: In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!

The Building is Home to the following Showrooms :

Lamborghini
Ferrari
Maserati
Bentley
Wiesmann: Wiesmann - The individualist manufacturer - Home
Lotus
MG
Gulf Flagship Merchandise
Arthur Betchel Classic Cars
Attached Thumbnails
In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2857.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2859.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2861.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2863.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2864.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2868.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2869.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2871.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2873.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2879.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2891.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2890.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2894.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2896.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2895.jpg  

Old 18th June 2011, 05:32   #9
BHPian

Some more random pics from here and there!
Attached Thumbnails
In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2925.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2929.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2965.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2964.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2963.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp2957.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp3248.jpg  

In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-imgp3253.jpg  

Old 18th June 2011, 06:22   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund View Post
You still in Deutschland?
Yes and hopefully for some more time.

I guess many of the cars displayed in the hangar were also at the Techno Classica in Essen earlier this year.

Keep the pictures coming .
Autonorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2011, 10:28   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
hey where is this. Currently i am in Erlangen. Visited BMW museum in Munich. now planning to visit the Mercedes museum in Stuttgart. please give me directions from Stuttgart Hauftbahnhof
Hi Amit,
Are you doing higher studies there? Ok, here you go.
Mercedes-Benz Classic - Museum - For Visitors
You need to take S-bahn (S1) from Stuttgart Hbf and get down at Neckarpark (Mercedes-Benz). From there the museum is walkable and you will be guided by the boards placed for directions to reach there. There is a discount on the enrty fee for students. The museum looks like a huge vertical spiral. You have to take the lift to the top most floor where the displays begin with the first engine developed by Karl Benz. As you slowly walk down the spirals, you will end at the exit gate near which you can find any of the recent developments camouflaged and placed for display.
Attached is the picture of today's C350. Picture shot in 04/2007. Really a nice place for automotive enthusiasts.
Check www.vvs.de for the fahrplan
Attached Thumbnails
In the bylanes of Stuttgart: The Non-Touristy Auto Enthusiast way!-dsc00614.jpg  

Last edited by ilangop : 18th June 2011 at 10:33.
ilangop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2011, 10:45   #12
BHPian

Pics of Stuttgart makes me nostalgic. I used to work in Schweiberdingen, and drove by the Porsche assembly line that is split over the freeway. I would also recommend the Porsche Museum. It was very close to where I lived, near Stammheim. I am sure you will like it. Have fun, great pics.
prasadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2011, 21:17   #13
BHPian

I work for Daimler India and I had been to Stuttgart a couple of times. I had been to Stuttgart during christmas last year and Schlossplatz was a wonderful sight. The 'Gluewine' served during christmas season is awesome.Me and my friends used to call the Koeniggstrasse the MG Road of Stuttgart.By the way, my office in germany was right infront of the Museum (Unterturkheim).Best thing I liked about Stuttgart (Apart from Cars) is the nightlife. I was very sceptical initially. But then, I realised the city was totally safe. I also stayed in an Indian restaurant in Esslingen by name Hotel RI (Kohinoor)
zteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2011, 17:48   #14
BHPian

yes the Schlossplatz is really a sight, especially during a festival or on weekends!
Old 24th June 2011, 10:43   #15
BHPian

Drool, drool.....a world of beautifully maintained cars. How much must they be loving their cars these Deutschlander. When will my India be like this ?
rxpaul is offline   Reply With Quote