Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 21st June 2011, 19:11   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Quick Rainy Day Getaway - Hadshi Temple

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Nevertheless, you mentioned that the last 12 kms were bumpy. Do you think there would nay problems for cars with low GC?
It should not be a major problem if driven carefully. The road is not full of craters. Sometimes one has to go off road to allow for the truck/bus coming from the opposite direction.

By the way i saw a couple of Nano's in the parking lot of the temple
amitwlele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 21:58   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Thanks Ghodlur. From Sinhagad Road you can join the Mumbai-Bangalore highway towards Mumbai. Once you reach Chandni Chowk you can exit the highway and take the road uphill that go towards Pirangut (Paud Road). It is a toll road. Keep going straight on this road till you reach Paud Bus Depot at your right (around 26 KMS). On reaching Paud Bus Depot take the immediate right to proceed to Hadshi.

Yes sir. It is a very calm and serene place. I have not been to Rishikesh so cannot compare. But all i can say is it gives complete peace of mind. This coming from a person who avoids going to temples because of the crowd.
Sir ji, After seeing the photos I am already getting fragrances of temple AGARBATTIS. same way as in RISHIKESH, I have been going to our Gurudwara in the hills of Uttaranchal, Sri Hemkunt Sahib ji for the last 33 yrs and Rishikesh is our BASE CAMP. Our trip consisting of pilgrims (JATHA) of about 75 to 100 .lasts for 10 days incl of Shri Badrinath Ji.darshan.
This year we are leaving on 2nd Sept 2011, after I come back I shall post tons of Photos, we dont take our cars ,but travel till Delhi by train and furthur by Buses.RUBB RAKHA Regards.......
IQBAL VEERJI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 22:27   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Amit,

Fantastic pics esp the second one. Can you let me know the route I would have to take from Sinhagad road.
Ghodlur seeing that you are from Thane you can take the following route
  • Take the first exit of Lonavala on the express way
  • take the right near Kumar water resort
  • Continue straight towards lonavala station - Do not take the right turn of Bushi Dam / Amby valley
  • Take the first left after you cross the station (if confused ask for pavna dam)
  • After crossing the Pavna Dam continue on the road till you see a road going to the right with a bridge (road towards paud) - This route is very scenic, but roads are very narrow. There is no heavy vehicular traffic (atleast on the few times that I have been there)
  • Post this there are no diversions and you should reach hadshi.
From Lonavala this leisurely drive should take about an hour. Return you can head towards pune and take diversion from Paud to Hinjewadi and then express way.
macbeth is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 06:50   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Sir ji, After seeing the photos I am already getting fragrances of temple AGARBATTIS. same way as in RISHIKESH, I have been going to our Gurudwara in the hills of Uttaranchal, Sri Hemkunt Sahib ji for the last 33 yrs and Rishikesh is our BASE CAMP. Our trip consisting of pilgrims (JATHA) of about 75 to 100 .lasts for 10 days incl of Shri Badrinath Ji.darshan.
This year we are leaving on 2nd Sept 2011, after I come back I shall post tons of Photos, we dont take our cars ,but travel till Delhi by train and furthur by Buses.RUBB RAKHA Regards.......
I would be waiting for the pics eagerly sir. I think for such trips taking trains and bus is the best option to have complete peace of mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macbeth View Post
Ghodlur seeing that you are from Thane you can take the following route
  • Take the first exit of Lonavala on the express way
  • take the right near Kumar water resort
  • Continue straight towards lonavala station - Do not take the right turn of Bushi Dam / Amby valley
  • Take the first left after you cross the station (if confused ask for pavna dam)
  • After crossing the Pavna Dam continue on the road till you see a road going to the right with a bridge (road towards paud) - This route is very scenic, but roads are very narrow. There is no heavy vehicular traffic (atleast on the few times that I have been there)
  • Post this there are no diversions and you should reach hadshi.
From Lonavala this leisurely drive should take about an hour. Return you can head towards pune and take diversion from Paud to Hinjewadi and then express way.
Yes the road that goes to Hadshi from Pune goes further down to Lonavla.
amitwlele is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 21:11   #20
Senior - BHPian

Great trip and pics, Amit. I loved them all! I never knew of this place. Thanks for posting this log.
Chevy_lover is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 21:25   #21
Senior - BHPian

The second snap is absolutely fantastic Amit..!
I will make it a point to visit this place soon. I mean, before the monsoons are over.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2011, 11:57   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It should not be a major problem if driven carefully. The road is not full of craters. Sometimes one has to go off road to allow for the truck/bus coming from the opposite direction.
By the way i saw a couple of Nano's in the parking lot of the temple
This may sound blasphemous, but I aint worried about the Nano at all. Its the Jazzy thing which is more worrisome in terms of GC!
By the way is this before Girivan and are there any directions/ signboards after Paud to get to Hadshi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Veerji paa ji wish you all a happy & safe trip up north. If you plan to come over to these parts (as you mentioned you will travel to Hadshi) please keep us posted. It would be great to meet up with you!

By the way, I was planning for a half day outing to Mulshi/ Paradise resort this Saturday with a few friends (non tbhpians). I will try to convince them to visit Hadshi. They will be a bit surprised if they hear I want to go to a temple; perhaps I should take a "wrong" turn at Paud on my way back
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2011, 12:46   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This may sound blasphemous, but I aint worried about the Nano at all. Its the Jazzy thing which is more worrisome in terms of GC!
By the way is this before Girivan and are there any directions/ signboards after Paud to get to Hadshi?
There are no signboards that would direct you to Hadshi. But that would not be required. After you take the right at Paud Bus Depot keep going strainght for about 12 Kms. You will see the big entrance for the temple on your left. I don't think you will miss that. In the wrost case, on the way in case you have any doubts you can always roll down your windows and ask anyone the directions (Pandurag Kshetra/Sathya Sai Baba Hadshi) and they should be able to direct you.
Old 23rd June 2011, 12:59   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There are no signboards that would direct you to Hadshi. But that would not be required. After you take the right at Paud Bus Depot keep going strainght for about 12 Kms. You will see the big entrance for the temple on your left. I don't think you will miss that. In the wrost case, on the way in case you have any doubts you can always roll down your windows and ask anyone the directions (Pandurag Kshetra/Sathya Sai Baba Hadshi) and they should be able to direct you.
oh, is it a Satya Sai Baba temple? Perhaps I missed seeing this originally
I think I will go see the location if it is good weather (read raining/ cloudy)
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2011, 13:00   #25
BHPian

The toll just after Chandi Chowk (towards Paud) is indeed illegal ( as reported in TOI). You can drive by using the left most lane. If you do so, they don't bother you. The way i identify the many illegal toll nakas around Pune is by the absence of a proper "bar-that-opens-and-closes" (is there a name for it?). Similarly, the one from hadapsar towards Saswad is also illegal.
rajarams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2011, 13:14   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajarams View Post
The toll just after Chandi Chowk (towards Paud) is indeed illegal ( as reported in TOI). You can drive by using the left most lane. If you do so, they don't bother you. The way i identify the many illegal toll nakas around Pune is by the absence of a proper "bar-that-opens-and-closes" (is there a name for it?). Similarly, the one from hadapsar towards Saswad is also illegal.
At the expense of going off topic on the thread i started

I have heard conflicting views on that toll and am confused about it. But i would try the suggestion of going on the left most lane next time. Let me see if i am lucky. One day i had infact asked the person why is he not taking the toll from the Trax/Sumo taxis that ply on the stretch. He gave me an unconvincing answer that they pay monthly toll. I am sure that is the toll that goes in their pockets and not to the government (assuming that the toll is legal in the first place).
Old 23rd June 2011, 13:42   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
oh, is it a Satya Sai Baba temple?
No. Sathya Sai Baba had visited it in 2009. That i guess has registered in local people's memory. So enroute i had asked one person do you know the route to Hadshi/Sathya Sai Baba temple and was given the directions correctly.
Old 23rd June 2011, 15:38   #28
BHPian

Wow Amit. This place is indeed heavenly as religious places should be! A perfect place to go spend some quiet time in this paradise.
Thank you so much for sharing.
magiceye is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2011, 16:49   #29
BHPian

Many Thanks Amit:

I am not religious either, but my office group takes some time off after lunch on a leisurely day and we go to SaiBaba temple at Shirgaon. Lately this place has become a huge crowd puller and the charm or the happiness within I used to get by going there is lost.

Hadshi seems a much better option (a longer drive too) to get some peace of mind from the IT grind of hinjewadi
the-rare-one is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2011, 09:31   #30
BHPian

Quote:
No. Sathya Sai Baba had visited it in 2009. That i guess has registered in local people's memory. So enroute i had asked one person do you know the route to Hadshi/Sathya Sai Baba temple and was given the directions correctly.
Sathya Sai Baba inaugurated this temple. Nice set of pictures.
crossroads is offline   Reply With Quote