Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2011, 19:09   #1
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,233
Thanked: 338 Times
Default Quick Rainy Day Getaway - Hadshi Temple

Let me start by mentioning that this is not a big travelogue but only an account of a short drive to a place called Hadshi. So needless to say it is going to be a short one with pictures thrown in to do the talking. So you might ask why create a thread then?? The only objective was to provide information about one more option that can be explored by the forum users to enjoy the rainy season in Pune with a scenic drive.

The place we visited yesterday evening in Hadshi was a temple - Pandurang Kshetra. The entire area surrounding the temple is lush green at this time of the year and a very scenic place with mountains in the background. So even if you are not a religious person (i generally avoid visiting temples) there is a lot of natural beauty all around.

We left our home at 3 PM and were back by 7 PM. But i believe it can be converted to a one day trip as well by visiting the backwaters as well as a fort nearby.

Location: Hadshi Temple is located about 38 Kms from Chandni Chowk. The route is via Pirangut > Paud > Hadshi.

Once you reach the Paud Bus Depot take a right turn adjoining the depot and proceed straight.

Road Condition: The road till Paud is good with occasional traffic jams because of couple of narrow stretches. The last 12 Kms of the drive from Paud Bus Depot till Hadshi is a bumpy ride to say the least. It is a narrow road with just about enough space for two cars to cross. So not a very enjoyable ride. But the lush greenery around you can be enjoyed (not by you but by the fellow passengers).
The temple is located at the top of the hill and there is a winding road (very short drive) that goes to the top with 4-5 sharp turns.

Parking: There is adequate parking for about 25-30 vehicles in the temple complex.

For the foodies after you visit the temple have a nice cup of hot tea with Onion Pakodas in the temple canteen. This was the best part of the trip for me

Now would only put in snaps to show the place.

Quick Rainy Day Getaway - Hadshi Temple-img_1968.jpg

Quick Rainy Day Getaway - Hadshi Temple-img_1971.jpg

Quick Rainy Day Getaway - Hadshi Temple-img_1972.jpg

Quick Rainy Day Getaway - Hadshi Temple-img_1973.jpg

Quick Rainy Day Getaway - Hadshi Temple-img_1980.jpg

Quick Rainy Day Getaway - Hadshi Temple-img_1981.jpg

Quick Rainy Day Getaway - Hadshi Temple-img_1985.jpg

Quick Rainy Day Getaway - Hadshi Temple-img_1987.jpg
amitwlele is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2011, 19:28   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
ghodlur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Thane
Posts: 5,041
Thanked: 2,086 Times
Smile Re: Quick Rainy Day Getaway - Hadshi Temple

Amit,

Fantastic pics esp the second one. Can you let me know the route I would have to take from Sinhagad road.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2011, 19:49   #3
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 353
Thanked: 343 Times
Default Re: Quick Rainy Day Getaway - Hadshi Temple

Serene place, beautiful temple and excellent snaps. Being in Pune, I was not aware of this place. Will visit one of the weekends. Thanks for the information.
Simhi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2011, 22:34   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
Fauji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,469
Thanked: 955 Times
Default Re: Quick Rainy Day Getaway - Hadshi Temple

Hey Amit,

Fantastic pictures. The third one looks like a picture post card capturing the mood of monsoons. Thanks for sharing.
Fauji is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2011, 22:44   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
IQBAL VEERJI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SAAT BUNGLA, BAMBAI.
Posts: 1,040
Thanked: 282 Times
Default Re: Quick Rainy Day Getaway - Hadshi Temple

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Let me start by mentioning that this is not a big travelogue but only an account of a short drive to a place called Hadshi. So needless to say it is going to be a short one with pictures thrown in to do the talking. So you might ask why create a thread then?? The only objective was to provide information about one more option that can be explored by the forum users to enjoy the rainy season in Pune with a scenic drive.

The place we visited yesterday evening in Hadshi was a temple - Pandurang Kshetra. The entire area surrounding the temple is lush green at this time of the year and a very scenic place with mountains in the background. So even if you are not a religious person (i generally avoid visiting temples) there is a lot of natural beauty all around.

We left our home at 3 PM and were back by 7 PM. But i believe it can be converted to a one day trip as well by visiting the backwaters as well as a fort nearby.

Location: Hadshi Temple is located about 38 Kms from Chandni Chowk. The route is via Pirangut > Paud > Hadshi.

Once you reach the Paud Bus Depot take a right turn adjoining the depot and proceed straight.

Road Condition: The road till Paud is good with occasional traffic jams because of couple of narrow stretches. The last 12 Kms of the drive from Paud Bus Depot till Hadshi is a bumpy ride to say the least. It is a narrow road with just about enough space for two cars to cross. So not a very enjoyable ride. But the lush greenery around you can be enjoyed (not by you but by the fellow passengers).
The temple is located at the top of the hill and there is a winding road (very short drive) that goes to the top with 4-5 sharp turns.

Parking: There is adequate parking for about 25-30 vehicles in the temple complex.

For the foodies after you visit the temple have a nice cup of hot tea with Onion Pakodas in the temple canteen. This was the best part of the trip for me

Now would only put in snaps to show the place.

Attachment 563320

Attachment 563321

Attachment 563322

Attachment 563323

Attachment 563324

Attachment 563325

Attachment 563326

Attachment 563327
Amit ji, lets have a meet at this temple , this place looks so peaceful reminds me of Rishikesh, and its line of temples on the banks of GANGA.
Please invite all mumbaikars also , If there is a meet here I'M IN please.
concider my name in the list as first one....Regards.
IQBAL VEERJI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 06:58   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
mayankjha1806's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: BLR/Gurgaon
Posts: 2,133
Thanked: 820 Times
Default Re: Quick Rainy Day Getaway - Hadshi Temple

Wow, beautiful pictures and beautiful temple, i think we missed visiting this temple while staying in Pune. Next time i am there this would be surely in the itinerary.
mayankjha1806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 07:12   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,233
Thanked: 338 Times
Default Re: Quick Rainy Day Getaway - Hadshi Temple

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
Amit,

Fantastic pics esp the second one. Can you let me know the route I would have to take from Sinhagad road.
Thanks Ghodlur. From Sinhagad Road you can join the Mumbai-Bangalore highway towards Mumbai. Once you reach Chandni Chowk you can exit the highway and take the road uphill that go towards Pirangut (Paud Road). It is a toll road. Keep going straight on this road till you reach Paud Bus Depot at your right (around 26 KMS). On reaching Paud Bus Depot take the immediate right to proceed to Hadshi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Amit ji, lets have a meet at this temple , this place looks so peaceful reminds me of Rishikesh, and its line of temples on the banks of GANGA.
Please invite all mumbaikars also , If there is a meet here I'M IN please.
concider my name in the list as first one....Regards.
Yes sir. It is a very calm and serene place. I have not been to Rishikesh so cannot compare. But all i can say is it gives complete peace of mind. This coming from a person who avoids going to temples because of the crowd.
amitwlele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 13:34   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,615
Thanked: 1,721 Times
Default Re: Quick Rainy Day Getaway - Hadshi Temple

Lovely pictures,this must easily fall in the category of the cleanest and most well maintained temples in Maharashtra if not in the country.The clouds add to the mystic charm.
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 14:03   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
Swanand Inamdar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,648
Thanked: 573 Times
Default Re: Quick Rainy Day Getaway - Hadshi Temple

Amit, lovely pictures.
The place sure is serene and calm. What got my attention, was the cleanliness at the temple. Such a clean place is hard to find in Pune or the surroundings.

The 3rd pic is the best of the lot. Dont mind me downloading that pic, i suppose .

Thanks for sharing man!
Swanand Inamdar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 15:07   #10
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,233
Thanked: 338 Times
Default Re: Quick Rainy Day Getaway - Hadshi Temple

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Lovely pictures,this must easily fall in the category of the cleanest and most well maintained temples in Maharashtra if not in the country.The clouds add to the mystic charm.
I totally agree. The reason i do not visit temples is because of the unclean environment all around. This is the only temple so far i have found which was spic and span. Not that i have visited a lot many temples.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
The 3rd pic is the best of the lot. Dont mind me downloading that pic, i suppose .

Thanks for sharing man!
I am honoured. Somebody downloading pic shot from my Canon Digital Camera with 5.x zoom
amitwlele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 15:48   #11
Senior - BHPian
 
selfdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,700
Thanked: 2,119 Times
Default Re: Quick Rainy Day Getaway - Hadshi Temple

Great place and pics Amit! Is this on the route from Paud towards Maval Srushti?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Thanks Ghodlur. From Sinhagad Road you can join the Mumbai-Bangalore highway towards Mumbai. Once you reach Chandni Chowk you can exit the highway and take the road uphill that go towards Pirangut (Paud Road). It is a toll road. Keep going straight on this road till you reach Paud Bus Depot at your right (around 26 KMS). On reaching Paud Bus Depot take the immediate right to proceed to Hadshi.
I think the last I heard about the toll naka was that it was illegal. I have tried successfully to test their patience by barging through without paying toll. I would like to test it again I guess! Its not the money (18 bucks), just the sheer satisfaction of not encouraging this illegal activity
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 16:14   #12
BHPian
 
ambivalent_98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pune-Bangalore
Posts: 758
Thanked: 161 Times
Default Re: Quick Rainy Day Getaway - Hadshi Temple

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Yes sir. It is a very calm and serene place. I have not been to Rishikesh so cannot compare. But all i can say is it gives complete peace of mind. This coming from a person who avoids going to temples because of the crowd.
I say we have the initial Pune meet here. It is so serene. We can also have a photo shoot of our rides.
ambivalent_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 16:29   #13
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,233
Thanked: 338 Times
Default Re: Quick Rainy Day Getaway - Hadshi Temple

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Great place and pics Amit! Is this on the route from Paud towards Maval Srushti?

I don't think Maval Shrushti is on this route. I had been there about 5 years back so don't remember properly. But it is on the way to Girivan resort.
amitwlele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 17:26   #14
Senior - BHPian
 
selfdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 2,700
Thanked: 2,119 Times
Default Re: Quick Rainy Day Getaway - Hadshi Temple

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
I don't think Maval Shrushti is on this route. I had been there about 5 years back so don't remember properly. But it is on the way to Girivan resort.
IIRC, Maval Srushti & Girivan are neighbours.

Nevertheless, you mentioned that the last 12 kms were bumpy. Do you think there would nay problems for cars with low GC?
selfdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 17:56   #15
Team-BHP Support
 
noopster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 8,665
Thanked: 9,196 Times
Default Re: Quick Rainy Day Getaway - Hadshi Temple

Great report, amit! It's not just "long travelogues" we come here for, don't worry!

This is now on my list of weekend day trips when parents visit. Last time we had done Dehu-Alandi and it was wonderful- for them and me! Thanks for the tip.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pune outing - Hadshi Temple sandeep joshi Travelogues 8 19th August 2017 20:39
2011 Monsoon Trips: Hadshi (Temple, Lotus Flowers, Paddy Fields, Rolling Green Hills) pjbiju Travelogues 26 17th June 2013 14:25
A Rainy Day in Bonacord Nutty Nair Travelogues 21 5th May 2013 11:34
Rainy day driving visibility in the Swift sterlingjames Technical Stuff 20 2nd December 2010 10:50
At least 75 die in temple stampede at Chamunda Temple in Jodhpur zaks Shifting gears 13 1st October 2008 10:56


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:29.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks