Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2011, 13:20   #16
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 633
Thanked: 624 Times
Default Re: Yatra of Confluences and Holiday of Identity

A terrific travelogue with lots of beautiful pics and useful information.
Thanks for sharing!
CliffHanger is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2011, 14:47   #17
BHPian
 
sanjaykaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Noida
Posts: 149
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: Yatra of Confluences and Holiday of Identity

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
A terrific travelogue with lots of beautiful pics and useful information.
Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for the wonderful words CliffHanger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
what a wonderful log, pics and journey. Truly a bible for Yatra on road. I will keep notes for my trip there in future
Thanks rkbharat for the kind words. You Ladakh travel stories have instilled confidence in me and I am planning to take my swift most probably in August. Lets see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurabh M View Post
Fantastic travelogue and great pictures. The Garhwal himalayas are always a delight for a self-drive tour. You may want to put up a map of the places covered and the route taken.
Thanks Saurabh. Garwal has a lot to offer. One just needs to have time and energy.

Here are some travel routes taken


Day 1: Noida to Srinagar

Name:  Day1NoidaToSrinagar.bmp
Views: 953
Size:  962.7 KB

Day 2: Srinagar to Badrinath Jee

Name:  Day2SrinagarToBadrinath.bmp
Views: 883
Size:  765.4 KB

Day 3: Badrinath Jee to Srinagar

Name:  Day3BadrinathToSrinagar.bmp
Views: 2242
Size:  724.7 KB

Day 4: Srinagar to Dhanaulti (we made the plan to go to Dhanaulti after reaching Rishikesh and hence this route, else there is a shorter route from Srinagar to Chamba and would save lot of time i guess)

Yatra of Confluences and Holiday of Identity-day4srinagartodhanaulti.jpg

Day Last: Dhanaulti to Noida

Yatra of Confluences and Holiday of Identity-daylastdhanaultitonoida.jpg

Last edited by sanjaykaul : 6th July 2011 at 14:50.
sanjaykaul is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2011, 15:55   #18
BHPian
 
Night_Hawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 206
Thanked: 67 Times
Default Re: Yatra of Confluences and Holiday of Identity

Wonderful TL, Amazing pictures. What Camera are you using.
I am sure you would have done a micro level planning for such a great journey. Your TL will be a reference for a drive on hills. Thanks for sharing.
cheers!
NH
Night_Hawk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2011, 16:43   #19
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,606
Thanked: 8,601 Times
Default Re: Yatra of Confluences and Holiday of Identity

Reminds me of old journey as a kid 20 years back. We went in a bus from Haridwar (visited both Badrinath and Kedarnath). We also stayed overnight at Srinagar on the way. In that weather the hot daal and rajma and rice was something which I still cannot forget. (Not to mention the total strangers on the bus, who became good friends for a few days before we parted ways).

Amazing details there Sanjay!
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2011, 18:10   #20
BHPian
 
lordofgondor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: UP 16
Posts: 936
Thanked: 155 Times
Default Re: Yatra of Confluences and Holiday of Identity

Wow, that's a great family holiday mate. The beauty of UK has been depicted by great pics and useful updates on road conditions. Those misty mountains look so amazing!
lordofgondor is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2011, 20:50   #21
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: 1.37N 103.92E
Posts: 71
Thanked: 41 Times
Default Re: Yatra of Confluences and Holiday of Identity

Sanjay, this is a beautiful post with great details.
Reminded me of my trip as a youngster. We did all the 4 dhaams and it was great fun. I still remember 10 khubanis for a rupee at the "Gate" and lychees at INR 8 per kg.

I too have been planning a trip to Badrinath jee (ex-Mumbai though) but it has not materialized yet. Let us see when it happens. Sigh!
rtandon is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2011, 23:59   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
Fordmanchau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 1,651
Thanked: 291 Times
Default Re: Yatra of Confluences and Holiday of Identity

Sanjay,
Just read through your entire travelogue.
Great Pics and good details.It would surely serve as a reference for the trip to the hills of North.
The route information are good too.
Thanks for sharing. And a very happy belated Birthday to your son. He must have been very excited to learn so many new things.
Fordmanchau is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2011, 19:42   #23
BHPian
 
sanjaykaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Noida
Posts: 149
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: Yatra of Confluences and Holiday of Identity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_Hawk View Post
Wonderful TL, Amazing pictures. What Camera are you using.
I am sure you would have done a micro level planning for such a great journey. Your TL will be a reference for a drive on hills. Thanks for sharing.
cheers!
NH
Thanks for you kind words Night_Hawk. The micro level planning was there to some extents (Route and places of interest) but this time we went without reservations and that’s why we couldn’t do “Valley of Flowers”. Considering the distance we traveled, it was a big miss.

I used a Canon S3IS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Reminds me of old journey as a kid 20 years back. We went in a bus from Haridwar (visited both Badrinath and Kedarnath). We also stayed overnight at Srinagar on the way. In that weather the hot daal and rajma and rice was something which I still cannot forget. (Not to mention the total strangers on the bus, who became good friends for a few days before we parted ways).

Amazing details there Sanjay!
Thanks ampere for liking the details.

Gharwali Rajma is quite famous. We also bought a KG from a small place on the way. For the information of readers, you must get “Harsil’s Rajma" when in area (and if you like Rajma). They are supposed to be the best.

And very true, such journeys do result into ever lasting friendships sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofgondor View Post
Wow, that's a great family holiday mate. The beauty of UK has been depicted by great pics and useful updates on road conditions. Those misty mountains look so amazing!

Thanks. We did this journey right in time and found the best weather. The roads got closed (for a couple of days) a day after we reached home.


Quote:
Originally Posted by rtandon View Post
Sanjay, this is a beautiful post with great details.
Reminded me of my trip as a youngster. We did all the 4 dhaams and it was great fun. I still remember 10 khubanis for a rupee at the "Gate" and lychees at INR 8 per kg.

I too have been planning a trip to Badrinath jee (ex-Mumbai though) but it has not materialized yet. Let us see when it happens. Sigh!

Thanks rtandon. Char Dham is my dream too and lets see if we can manage that next year.

10 Khubani for a rupee and Lichi INR 8 for a KG? That’s dream price. In what year was that?

I am sure your Badrinath jee trip will happen soon. Jai Badri Vishal


Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Sanjay,
Just read through your entire travelogue.
Great Pics and good details.It would surely serve as a reference for the trip to the hills of North.
The route information are good too.
Thanks for sharing. And a very happy belated Birthday to your son. He must have been very excited to learn so many new things.

Thanks Fordmanchau for liking the travelogue and wishing Soumil. He was very excited and didn’t want to come back. His argument was “there still a week for schools to start, why go home early”


A special Thanks to Mods for putting the thread in list of “Hot Threads” on home page.
sanjaykaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2011, 19:37   #24
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 223
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: Yatra of Confluences and Holiday of Identity

Excellent Travologue. I am planning for badrinath trip and your TV has all the info in place. Thanks for sharing
contactme27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2011, 12:06   #25
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 24
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Yatra of Confluences and Holiday of Identity

Excellent Travelogue Sanjay!!!

The details that you have mentioned would be very helpful to anyone planning a trip to beautiful Garhwal region.

Hope to see a Leh-Laddakh travelogue from you soon.
raman. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TATA Grande Sumo. New clothes. New identity OEM Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 21 7th October 2011 18:59
Vaahan Yatra CaliforniaKnight The Indian Car Scene 22 29th November 2006 22:48
Bangalore Vahan Yatra 2005 from 7th Oct to 16th Oct protege Shifting gears 10 21st September 2005 02:00
Vaahan Yatra Pictures Vulken Auto Modifications & Accessories 1 4th February 2005 10:11


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:49.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks