Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 28th March 2013, 11:29   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Bangalore - Mantralaya - Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Had been there in september. Go via Bangalore->Ananthpur->Gooty->Aspari->Adoni->Yemmignur->Mantralaya. Good Roads .You can cover the distance in 6 Hrs without break
How safe is this route to be traveling at night? any issues? Pls let me know.
NFS2024 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2013, 11:41   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post

How safe is this route to be traveling at night? any issues? Pls let me know.
No problem driving in night. But I would not recommend that because of the divisions in between. And there are no proper sign boards either. So unless you have a proper Gps device don't drive at night
sagarpadaki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2013, 09:13   #33
BHPian

I traveled same route during night. No issues except for sign boards. But you can see people awake even at 3 am. hence no problem.
chandras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2013, 09:46   #34
BHPian

Hi All,

I visited Mantralaya over the weekend. Started on Friday evening at around 4.30 and made a stay at Anantapur for the night. Reached Anantapur ar around 9.30PM. Primarily Bangalore airport traffic was the cause of delay (almost 2 hours to reach the airport). Made a stay at hotel SRS Regency, not a great place but the other hotel Sapthagiri was full and had no other choice.
Next morning started at around 8.30 and reached mantralaya at around 12.30 via Gooty-Adoni-Yemmiganur route. Could easily get accomodation in temple provided facility. Had darshan and prasada. In the evenign attended the ratha.
Next morning had darshan and started back at around 11.30. With a stop at hotel Ravitheja at Gooty and one at Kamat Upachar at Chikkaballapur, reached Bangalore at around 8.30PM on Sunday.
Over all roads are good except at a place near Pattkonda water was clogged under railway bridge and was a bit deep to put small car inside to cross it.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote