Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 7th September 2011, 11:04   #31

Default Re: Fauji's Drivologues - Mesmerised in Malnad again! -Amidst Misty meadows of Sakles

Fauji Bhai,Here are a couple of videos from the track around Tusk and Dawn.

Hope you like them?!
chetan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2012, 13:47   #32
BHPian

Default Re: Fauji's Drivologues - Mesmerised in Malnad again! -Amidst Misty meadows of Sakles

Fauji sir , as mentioned earlier in this thread, you are indeed a great ambassador for the Malnad region ! The pictures of the green meadows look fantastic, and indeed they look like vistas in Europe !

I am re-igniting this thread inspired by your suggestion to drive around the Somvarpet-Shanivarasanthe-Sakleshpur area.

1. The wonderful meadows you saw are accessible by road ? Which is that road ?

2. Does the same road skirt around the Hemavathi backwaters and then go down Bisle Ghat ?

3. I'm a Google Maps freak, so can you please mark these scenic drives and attach a copy on this thread ? It will really help me cover all the scenic locations without missing any !

4. Did you get to visit the ruins of the Shettihalli church, that rises like a Phoenix from the Hemavathi backwaters every summer ?

Thanks again for your great suggestions ! I hope to drive down there in the next few weekends...
raghunandanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2012, 16:18   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghunandanj View Post
Fauji sir , as mentioned earlier in this thread, you are indeed a great ambassador for the Malnad region ! The pictures of the green meadows look fantastic, and indeed they look like vistas in Europe !

I am re-igniting this thread inspired by your suggestion to drive around the Somvarpet-Shanivarasanthe-Sakleshpur area.

1. The wonderful meadows you saw are accessible by road ? Which is that road ?

2. Does the same road skirt around the Hemavathi backwaters and then go down Bisle Ghat ?

3. I'm a Google Maps freak, so can you please mark these scenic drives and attach a copy on this thread ? It will really help me cover all the scenic locations without missing any !

4. Did you get to visit the ruins of the Shettihalli church, that rises like a Phoenix from the Hemavathi backwaters every summer ?

Thanks again for your great suggestions ! I hope to drive down there in the next few weekends...
Thanks Raghu.

The road taken by us was from Mugilu Homestay to Shanivara Santhe via Kodlipet. Here is the google link from Sakleshpur to Shanivara Santhe.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=S...ra=ls&t=h&z=12

Last year, there was bounty rain fall and backwaters of Hemavathi had touched the highway. You will see beautiful meadows on either side of the road. Since you say you are a google map freak, i recommend you open it Google earth - i love it - or satellite mode and you can see these meadows distinctly - barren lands which does not have contours like agriculture lands.

When you go to Shanivara Santhe on this road, you reach a junction called "Koodu Raste" - apt name - from where one road goes to Bisle and the other to Shanivara Santhe.

Regarding Shettyhalli church, i haven't seen it as these drives were in monsoon and the church gets submerged. Yes, it is a beautiful building and the setting amidst water makes it lovely.
Fauji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2012, 16:36   #34
Senior - BHPian

Fauji sir, bombat pictures, will need to make a visit sometime soon, seeing the pictures now am more eager considering am no that far away
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote