Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 12th September 2011, 11:44   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Weekend Travelogue: Bangalore-Chikmagalur-Sringeri-Agumbe-Shravanabelagola-Bangal

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Kiran,

I had another reading of your nice account.

1. Is photography prohibited at the Gomateshwara? I would have loved to see the Bahubali statue.
It is not prohibited. Infact I have the snaps right here but somehow missed to post or I was little skeptical . Will post them shortly.
2. What happened to those 3 huge fish you caught?
We had to let them go back into the lake as this was a fun activity.
3. Nice that you could access TBHP even on the tree top.
. Yep thanks to Tata Photon+ data card which had pretty good coverage including good speed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaLN View Post
Hey Kiran, Nice travelogue,

By any chance, the hanging bridge you stopped by was it in HariharaPura?

and the snap of Tunga, was it taken on a bridge on way from Sringeri to Koppa?
Thanks AdityaLN. I am not sure of the location. I guess it is from Sringeri to Koppa. There were two of them one of which was very old and broken all over. I will post the pic of the hanging bridge along with gomateshwar in my next update so that you will get an idea of the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
Nice TL and snaps. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Fauji.
Yes, how come you missed out Town canteen???
It was raining pretty heavy throughout our drive and the 1st thing that the MMI showed us in Chikmagalur was Hotel Ashoka. So we headed straight there for some refreshments. Shall definitely visit this place in our next outing without fail.

Odomos i another alternative to shoo away leeches!!

I dont think so. I am not sure of the latest restrictions if any.

Kiran,

I have only one friendly suggestion. See if you can post process these snaps in either Picasa or photoshop. the outcome will be fabulous.
Sure dude. I will do it going forward before posting them
Also, how come you missed out Kundadri which is close to Agumbe? Anyway, keep that for your Tirthahalli trip in Malnad next, which you can plan in the long week ends coming in next few months
You bet. I have already taken note of these.
Friends, thanks for all your feedback and suggestions. I am glad to see that you all liked the TL that has made my day today

Last edited by kirantp : 12th September 2011 at 11:51.
kirantp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2011, 11:50   #17
BHPian

Default Re: Weekend Travelogue: Bangalore-Chikmagalur-Sringeri-Agumbe-Shravanabelagola-Bangal

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Hi Kiran,
fantastic travelogue, and also a very detailed one too.
The monkey family pic is excellent and indeed touching too
Thanks to you mate. I bumped into your post that lead me to Eagle Eye Holidays
Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Did you really believe that?
Well we had to believe as we overheard some occupants talking about panther spotting in the premises couple of days before we checked in.
Old 12th September 2011, 11:57   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
Well we had to believe as we overheard some occupants talking about panther spotting in the premises couple of days before we checked in.
My question was did you actually believe that the trenches would keep the panthers out? Unless it was a very huge and very deep trench, I doubt it would have kept any panther out.

btw, where was this Godavari Restaurant you had lunch in?
addyhemmige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2011, 12:34   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
My question was did you actually believe that the trenches would keep the panthers out? Unless it was a very huge and very deep trench, I doubt it would have kept any panther out.

btw, where was this Godavari Restaurant you had lunch in?
Hey it was indeed pretty deep. Guess atleast 4X4 wide with 12-15ft depth. This restaurant was between Hassan and the Sravanabelagola intersection on our way back.There are 2-3 restaurants next to each other and the other one if I remember correctly was Jaladi Dhaba family restaurant.
kirantp is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2011, 12:45   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
One of the places for breakfast (or evening snacks) is the Town Canteen where they serve yummy benne masala dosas. It is located towards the other end of the town (when you enter the city from Bangalore, continue on the IG road - bus stand road - for a couple of kms to reach this place) - towards the shimoga road.

Hope people who go there next time take notice of this place
Took the earliest available opportunity to go to Chikmagalur and have the benne masala dosas at Town Canteen last monday. It really was yummy
Rajesh K R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2011, 13:53   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh K R View Post
Took the earliest available opportunity to go to Chikmagalur and have the benne masala dosas at Town Canteen last monday. It really was yummy
You guys are getting me tempted now. Being a localite makes me naturally a dosa freak. Will surely not miss this place in my next visit that side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charthom View Post
Kiran,

1. Is photography prohibited at the Gomateshwara? I would have loved to see the Bahubali statue.
Friends, Here are the pics of Hanging bridge and Bahubali statue that you had requested in the earlier posts.

Hanging Bridge 01
Weekend Travelogue: Bangalore-Chikmagalur-Sringeri-Agumbe-Shravanabelagola-Bangalore-hangingbridge01.jpg

Hanging Bridge 02 - You can see the old broken bridge towards the left.
Weekend Travelogue: Bangalore-Chikmagalur-Sringeri-Agumbe-Shravanabelagola-Bangalore-hangingbridge02.jpg

Bahubali Statue- Sravanabelagola
Name:  Goma.jpg
Views: 12980
Size:  76.8 KB
Old 12th September 2011, 15:19   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
You guys are getting me tempted now. Being a localite makes me naturally a dosa freak. Will surely not miss this place in my next visit that side.

Friends, Here are the pics of Hanging bridge and Bahubali statue that you had requested in the earlier posts.

Hanging Bridge 01
Attachment 608253

Hanging Bridge 02 - You can see the old broken bridge towards the left.
Attachment 608254

Bahubali Statue- Sravanabelagola
Attachment 608255
Hi Kiran,

this hanging bridge is near Kalasa, correct ?? You from Chikmagalur?
Old 12th September 2011, 16:00   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Kiran,

this hanging bridge is near Kalasa, correct ?? You from Chikmagalur?
May be. But I am not sure as I am not from Chikmagalur area (I am from Bangalroe). We also saw another hanging bridge while going towards Agumbe via Sringeri after passing Sita River. But since it was raining heavily we did not stop there. Is that the one you had mentioned earlier?
Old 13th September 2011, 11:51   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
LOL ... Heck you have made my mouth go watery after reading this post.
Heard that now they have stopped serving the dishes to customers inside the car.
I have also liked the Masala Dosey which is served in Hotel Ashoka, adjacent to Planter's court, CKM. Here the dishes will be catered/served to customers in car .
sushrutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2011, 12:16   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
LOL ... Heck you have made my mouth go watery after reading this post.
Heard that now they have stopped serving the dishes to customers inside the car.
I have also liked the Masala Dosey which is served in Hotel Ashoka, adjacent to Planter's court, CKM. Here the dishes will be catered/served to customers in car .
OT :

Yes, they have stopped serving dishes to the car. There was some kind of construction / modification activity going on, so presume they will expand the seating capacity.

Hey Sushrutha, will plan for Hotel Ashoka next time. You are lucky man, you can plan a visit to CKM almost anytime as you are going to your native almost every weekend !!
Old 19th December 2011, 10:54   #26
BHPian

Hi All,

Any idea on the route to Sringeri from Bangalore, planning this weekend, suggest the best route.
Rajesh1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2011, 12:32   #27
Senior - BHPian

The best route is via Bangalore - Hassan - Chikkamaglur - Aldur - Balehonnur -Jayapura - Sringeri.
Fauji is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2011, 14:21   #28
BHPian

Thanks Fauji,

Will try it out and update over the next week.
Rajesh1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2011, 13:56   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh1968 View Post
Thanks Fauji,

Will try it out and update over the next week.
I second Fauji as we did this route 2 months ago and it was really good.
Old 29th December 2011, 14:02   #30
BHPian

Quote:
OT :

Yes, they have stopped serving dishes to the car. There was some kind of construction / modification activity going on, so presume they will expand the seating capacity.
Oh yea. Thats the reason we had to walk all the way inside getting drenched in the steady rain. May be they might have done it up by now so that they gear up for the business during this holiday season.