Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 10th July 2012, 15:50   #2446
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)

HVK Expense Summary

Name:  ladakh cost.jpg
Views: 1872
Size:  72.1 KB

Name:  ladakh cost 2.jpg
Views: 1892
Size:  34.4 KB
hvkumar is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2012, 17:21   #2447
BHPian

Default Re: HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)

A fantastic 23 day trip, done last year. Laluks starts the travelogue on 12 Sept. 2011 and it takes almost a year to narrate!

One word: WOW.

Are you guys back to the drawing board for the next one? Where is it going to be?
LithiumSunset is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2012, 17:48   #2448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LithiumSunset View Post
A fantastic 23 day trip, done last year. Laluks starts the travelogue on 12 Sept. 2011 and it takes almost a year to narrate!

One word: WOW.

Are you guys back to the drawing board for the next one? Where is it going to be?
Thanks!!

Not yet, but we will very soon!
KSM-Vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2012, 20:02   #2449
BHPian

I lost track, when you guys split somewhere near the Mooreh Plains. I guess it was after the visit from Tso Moriri. I least expected, that you guys will actually meet again in Pathankot. Unbelievable and truly crazy. I guess JC had plans of meeting someone in Jammu and after HVK asked him to push, he actually made it to P'kot.

What was more 'Crazy' is the swifts making through Sach pass in the middle of the night - I just went bonkers. After reading through this epic t'log, it feels as though I know you guys too. Mumbai Roadsters - You guys rock! I really liked the thought 'Lets go to the place where we cannot go any further and return from there on' - Well, you guys actually made it. It was like watching some 'mystery movie'. It just gave me goosebumps man. Would be great to meet you all. This, just cant get better.

Last edited by aviorp : 11th July 2012 at 20:04.
aviorp is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 10:23   #2450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviorp View Post
I lost track, when you guys split somewhere near the Mooreh Plains. I guess it was after the visit from Tso Moriri. I least expected, that you guys will actually meet again in Pathankot. Unbelievable and truly crazy. I guess JC had plans of meeting someone in Jammu and after HVK asked him to push, he actually made it to P'kot.

What was more 'Crazy' is the swifts making through Sach pass in the middle of the night - I just went bonkers. After reading through this epic t'log, it feels as though I know you guys too. Mumbai Roadsters - You guys rock! I really liked the thought 'Lets go to the place where we cannot go any further and return from there on' - Well, you guys actually made it. It was like watching some 'mystery movie'. It just gave me goosebumps man. Would be great to meet you all. This, just cant get better.
Thanks Aviorp! Yeah we should meet sometime!
KSM-Vtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2012, 14:50   #2451
Senior - BHPian

Name:  Ladakh trip passes.jpg
Views: 2108
Size:  75.7 KB

as recorded by my Garmin GPS
hvkumar is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2012, 18:31   #2452
BHPian

Finally, what a thread! I have been following it from day 1 untill the last post by HVK sir. Hats off once again.

I dont think there was not one single question/request that went unanswered and not once was the discussion diverted off topic. Great administration. Threads like this do show, what is TBHP made of! I am indeed proud to be part of such a community of auto-enthusiasts, who not only talk about cars, but also every other aspect of life. Truly, TBHP is not just a auto-enthusiasts community, but a family.

My only regret, not been lucky to be a part of this Humbled Leh -II group and would not be able to be a part even if a version 3 happens.

Finally, my hearty thanks to all the members, three cheers to your planning, administration, discipline and courage to power you and your machines through everything.

P.S: I am more than happy to see myself reach my 500th post in this thread.
AlphaKilo is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2012, 23:19   #2453
Senior - BHPian

2 of us - Lalu KS & myself - did the Sach Pass sector again last week, this time from the north side, Kishtwar-Gulabgad-Tyari-Sansari-Khillar-Bogotu-Sach Pass-Satrundi-Bhairavgad, and it was even more beautiful with lots of glaciers, water crossings, waterfalls & fantasic walls of snow for long stretches. Hopefully, Lalu will upload some photos here too!
hvkumar is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2012, 10:33   #2454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
2 of us - Lalu KS & myself - did the Sach Pass sector again last week, this time from the north side, Kishtwar-Gulabgad-Tyari-Sansari-Khillar-Bogotu-Sach Pass-Satrundi-Bhairavgad, and it was even more beautiful with lots of glaciers, water crossings, waterfalls & fantasic walls of snow for long stretches. Hopefully, Lalu will upload some photos here too!
HVK saar, why did you not inform here that you are going back? All along you maintained that you will not go in 2012. May be you wanted to do it without a big team. I can understand. Managing a big team would be taxing. Never mind. Please do upload the pictures. Thanks!
shipnil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2012, 10:48   #2455
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
HVK saar, why did you not inform here that you are going back? All along you maintained that you will not go in 2012. May be you wanted to do it without a big team. I can understand. Managing a big team would be taxing. Never mind. Please do upload the pictures. Thanks!
I did not go to Ladakh. My trip to Delhi was purely personal and the extended trip to Kashmir was a small extension of that.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th August 2012, 12:55   #2456
Senior - BHPian

You can check out the latest Travelogue of our drive to parts of Kashmir, Himachal here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-ghosts-6.html (Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts)
Old 22nd August 2012, 11:52   #2457
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can check out the latest Travelogue of our drive to parts of Kashmir, Himachal here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...-ghosts-6.html (Cliffhanger Himachal, Hidden Kashmir and a search for Mughal Ghosts)
Now we are detailing the Sach Pass drive we had all over again this year in the TL which is linked above
Old 22nd August 2012, 12:42   #2458
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 955411

as recorded by my Garmin GPS
These agree largely with what I got on my barometric altimeter over the last couple of weeks.
Harbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2012, 12:53   #2459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbir View Post
These agree largely with what I got on my barometric altimeter over the last couple of weeks.
Yes, in places like K La, the official altitude is totally different from what we also got in our Garmin GPS
Old 22nd August 2012, 13:05   #2460
BHPian

I was surprised to find that Changla is virtually identical khardungla, and tanglangla and wari la were almost at the same altitude as the earlier two, all within 5250 meters, give or take a bit.
Harbir is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote