Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 18th November 2012, 15:05   #2461
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Attachment 955411
as recorded by my Garmin GPS
Saw the episode of Perilous Journeys in National Geographic today afternoon in which the anchor Marsh Mokhtari reached Khardung La, the highest motorable point, in a Mahindra Scorpio which rekindled the memory of your expedition and hence this post..

Last edited by rajeev k : 18th November 2012 at 15:12.
rajeev k is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2013, 10:33   #2462
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)

How about doing a HumbLeh'd III 2013 team?

Last edited by KSM-Vtec : 1st February 2013 at 10:36.
KSM-Vtec is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2013, 16:31   #2463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
There is a gang of Leh goers ready and going on 24th Aug 2013. But nothing as adventurous compared to you guys. However, you can check out the discussion at LEC: Ladakh Explorers Club
motomaverick is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2013, 18:18   #2464
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSM-Vtec View Post
There was a 10 days gap between us to think about IPHE. But as they say 'Der aaye, durust aaye'.

We still think about it afresh and the will to explore even more. Bolbolero is readying the place to plan the modus operandi this weekend. Lets make it bigger then ever.
doctorque is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2013, 18:45   #2465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
We still think about it afresh and the will to explore even more. Bolbolero is readying the place to plan the modus operandi this weekend. Lets make it bigger then ever.
Hello,

Are you guys seriously thinking / planning about HumbLeh'd III 2013?

If yes then will this be open to those who were not a part of 2011 team? If yes, I am in for sure & you guys just need to let me know the dates & I will plan my holidays accordingly. Also I am equally sure that there will be many like me waiting for you guys to plan & schedule HumbLeh'd 2013.

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2013, 12:50   #2466
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jignesh View Post
Hello,

Are you guys seriously thinking / planning about HumbLeh'd III 2013?

If yes then will this be open to those who were not a part of 2011 team? If yes, I am in for sure & you guys just need to let me know the dates & I will plan my holidays accordingly. Also I am equally sure that there will be many like me waiting for you guys to plan & schedule HumbLeh'd 2013.

Thanks,
Hi Jignesh

Will let you know about the plans as we move forward. We have only just started talking about it.

Cheers
doctorque is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2013, 20:48   #2467
BHPian

Amazing experiences and people! I really feel proud to be a part of team-bhp. Guys please keep sharing the plans and god willing i may also jump in. A delhi native and not visited the mountains like i want to.. Cheers to the spirit of travelling!!
adtalwar is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2013, 11:00   #2468
BHPian

Talking Re: HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)

I am reading your travelogues in reverse chronological order! Hvksir and Laluks sir and all other members who were part of the expedition, first time i have seen a team travelogue having such a sync between everything posted here.

@HVK sir: Captain gowri's darling! Sir i guess this was a case of love being in the "thin" air. No other conclusion since she wanted to lock the rest of them up. LOL and then she says she can't share her room. Some plan she must have had!

P.S: your point of your DL being older than her made me fall off my chair while at work. Laughed hard and tripped on the dustbin. Now i am currently picking up all the trash and putting it back in.

Last edited by Arch-Angel : 19th April 2013 at 11:02.
Arch-Angel is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2013, 13:02   #2469
BHPian

Hi team, could you pleaes shed some light on the location in question in the article and how far or near did you go while in that area. I appreciate if you chose not to share all details for our national interest.

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/in...cursion-357177

Thanks
Anand
adtalwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2013, 15:01   #2470
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by adtalwar View Post
Hi team, could you pleaes shed some light on the location in question in the article and how far or near did you go while in that area. I appreciate if you chose not to share all details for our national interest.

Thanks
Anand
That area is in Far North. This team was on the common routes used by tourists, and did not go near that area. Infact, that area is off limit to civilians.
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2013, 15:35   #2471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
Hi Jignesh

Will let you know about the plans as we move forward. We have only just started talking about it.

Cheers
Hi!

I'd love to be part of such a team. Please include me....please!!

Thanks
prashkul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2013, 08:34   #2472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adtalwar View Post

Thanks
Anand
The current border incursions are purported to be in Daulat Baig Oldi (DBO), an airfield on the road beyond Panamik towards Siachen base camp. This road is anyway closed to civilians, so that won't affect any of us.

However, last year, there were purported to be Chinese incursions in Tsaga-Fukche-Demchok area also, which led to the permits being restricted in that sector.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2013, 17:17   #2473
BHPian

HVK sir and the rest of the guys of IPHE2011, do you guys have any plans for this year? Waiting for another epic photologue and "teamologue" like this!

O.T: HVK sir, i found out why Captain Gowri made you her darling

Such a cheerful photo!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...h-dsc02561.jpg

No enthu da: Time to change your handle Mr Baby Alto!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...h-dsc02443.jpg

Really loved the pictures on this thread!

Last edited by Arch-Angel : 23rd April 2013 at 17:22.
Arch-Angel is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2013, 22:07   #2474
Distinguished - BHPian

Jeep Captain might have plans this year around, so we keep waiting for more pictures Arch-Angel
laluks is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2013, 23:12   #2475
BHPian

Hello HVK sir ,
My name is sumit and i am new comer to this elite community and i have been avidly reading your TLs or should i say memoirs since a long time .I admire the feats that you have accompalished with the modesty that you have displayed.
I am planning a trip to Kaza from Mumbai and would be retracing your path.
I have a few queries for which i need some of your insight;
1. I am gonna drive my Mahindra Logan , can i do the trip in that.
2. I checked up the exact working principle of a 4x4 drive and if i am not wrong it basically provides the necessary torque and thereby traction to wheels as required. So can i safely say that if i use snow chains i will be able to compensate for the loss of traction and in a way the loss of 4X4 drive option.
3. Are snow chains good to use on rocky paths as well , i could not get a satisfactory answer from Google on this .
4. Where in India are snow chains available.The ones from Thule are available in Bangalore.

Regards
Sumit
swsumit is offline   Reply With Quote