Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 3rd October 2011, 21:49   #271
BHPian

Default Mumbai Roadsters 15th August, Rampur - Tabo

Mumbai Roadsters 15th August, Rampur – Tabo

Taking it further from KSM. We made it to Rampur from Delhi on the 14th August as decided. It was a 16 plus hour journey and we had to make it in order to keep pace and finally make it to be with the IPHE team by the end of 15th August. It was quite a journey as we had already reached Rampur from Mumbai with just one Sleepbreak. In order to be with the IPHE team we had quite a task ahead of us as we were to do the most difficult patch that 3 of us 4 (barring KSM) had ever come across in our lives - Rampur to Tabo, little did we know that there was much more in store for us...this was just the beginning.

We started from Rampur and decided to quickly do a breakfast stop close by and keep pushing right after that. We got a small dhaba not long since we started and I was about to face a dis heartening experience which was going to personally affect my whole trip. While eating I tried to grab my Canon SX210IS with my 2 fingers and dropped it on the hard cemented ground lens facing ground. The Camera stopped functioning after that and I only had my Blackberry to rescue (although, the generous friends that I have KSM and AP gave me their SLR’s to play with through out the trip). Moving ahead the idead was to not take any more stops and make do with what was available in the car as Tabo seemed a long way.

After experiencing our first set of river crossings, slush, bolders crossings during this trip we could make it to Tabo by around 10 in the night. With all the network available on AP’s BSNL we profusely tried calling 8 BSNL no.s that belonged to different members of HVK and team but not one was being answered or was reachable. After leaving a text message on each of those 8 BSNL numbers we started searching the whole of Tabo literally reached out to every single hotel but because of no communication we had no clue that we have already crossed them to reach Tabo. Finally we decided to find a place and stay. Got a very nice hotel (by the Himalayan standards) at almost mid night but no food. Finally had to make do with what we were carrying.

Over to KSM-Vtec for more deatils and pics...
doctorque is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2011, 22:33   #272
Senior - BHPian

Default Rampur - Tabo - Mumbai Roadsters - IPHE 2011

Rampur - Tabo - Mumbai Roadsters - IPHE 2011

This was the day when we were going to meet rest of the team and going forward it was going to be a different experience for all of us, at least i had never done a trip in such a long convoy. Also very importantly this was the first time i was actually going to DO a trip WITH HVK.(i would like to mention once again that each and every km of all my trip has been planned by him, but i never got the opportunity to do a trip with him) this meant that my job of ensuring that we are on the correct route so far was going to end because HVK was leading us.

So as discussed in Mumbai our plan was to meet at the junction where NH22 and the Chitkul-Sangla road met each other - Well this was just going to be a matter of luck since there was no mobile connectivity.

The second option was to meet at Nako which again was unlikely considering both the team did not have much time to wait (mainly without any clue about each others actual location)

So the final and confirmed/agreed plan was to meet at Tabo which was going to be the target destination at EOD for both teams. So with Tabo set on our targets we left Rampur at 9AM and stopped for breakfast after just 1 hour..lol.

We were under the impression that we had lot of time on our hands as the distance to be covered was not a lot. Obviously this impression was formed due to the past rate at which we had been traveling. The result was going to be obvious again..we reached Tabo only at 9PM.

So here we are in Tabo, a very small village i should day and we have searched every hotel, house, temple... and we cant find the IPHE team.

Where can so many cars be hidden??

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_0809.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_0845.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_0851.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_0975.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_0994.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_1004.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_1012.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_1017.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img2011081500156.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_1040.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_1052.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_1058.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_1062.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_1071.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_1081.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_1083.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_1085.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_1086.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_1087.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_1088.jpg
KSM-Vtec is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2011, 22:33   #273
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Mumbai Roadsters 15th August, Rampur - Tabo

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorque View Post
[b]
After experiencing our first set of river crossings, slush, bolders crossings during this trip we could make it to Tabo by around 10 in the night. With all the network available on AP’s BSNL we profusely tried calling 8 BSNL no.s that belonged to different members of HVK and team but not one was being answered or was reachable. After leaving a text message on each of those 8 BSNL numbers we started searching the whole of Tabo literally reached out to every single hotel but because of no communication we had no clue that we have already crossed them to reach Tabo. Finally we decided to find a place and stay. Got a very nice hotel (by the Himalayan standards) at almost mid night but no food. Finally had to make do with what we were carrying.
The irony was that we were supposed to be ahead of the Mumbai Roadsters who had left Bombay 15 hours behind us, and here we were cooped up in the PWD Rest House in Pooh thanks to one cranky Captain! IN our original plan, we had planned to meet up this day at Tabo, which was our target destination too. As you can imagine, the 2 Swifts had gone past Pooh at 330 pm itself, while we were actually behind, having just left Kalpa/ Recong Peo.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2011, 22:40   #274
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Mumbai Roadsters 15th August, Rampur - Tabo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
The irony was that we were supposed to be ahead of the Mumbai Roadsters who had left Bombay 15 hours behind us, and here we were cooped up in the PWD Rest House in Pooh thanks to one cranky Captain! IN our original plan, we had planned to meet up this day at Tabo, which was our target destination too. As you can imagine, the 2 Swifts had gone past Pooh at 330 pm itself, while we were actually behind, having just left Kalpa/ Recong Peo.
So to give you a comparative picture of the progress....

IPHE Team
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-iphecp.jpg

Mumbai Roadsters...Soon to be part of IPHE
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-iphemrrt.jpg
KSM-Vtec is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2011, 00:16   #275
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Humbleh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himacal Pradesh)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
Some of my friends who'd been on some weeks-long trek in Himachal always mentioned how it was just so common there among the sadhus.
It is favoured not just by the sadhus but locals too. The plant is a native of the region's foliage and grows on its own. There are certain places in Himachal which are a favourite with backpackers due to the easy availability of the same at rock bottom pricing. The difference lies in the form in which these substances are used. While the locals use it more for its medicinal properties the caucasians have turned it all in to illegal business.
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2011, 04:04   #276
BHPian

Default re: Humbleh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himacal Pradesh)

Jeep Captains Photologue

AUG-15 Chitkul->Reckong Peo->Kalpa->Pooh

Morning View in Chitkul

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_5969.jpg

Parking Area

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_5973.jpg

Hotel Panchali ( The last one at the Indo-Tibet Border)

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_5975.jpg

Everlasting Memories. ( We are going back to Chitkul soon)

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_5981.jpg

Wow! Look at that. A Landy in the neighbouring Hotel

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_5982.jpg

LR Defender 110- I have been looking for one for ages.

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_5985.jpg

Looks like,they have driven all the way from Europe.( Pity I couldn't meet the passengers since I had to leave early from Chitkul)

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_5988.jpg

Way to the Tibet Border.

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_5992.jpg

We had plans to spent some time in this Valley initially, But had to change plans and leave early due to various reasons.

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_5995.jpg

Having my 2nd cup of Hot tea

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_5997.jpg
JeepCaptain is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2011, 04:17   #277
BHPian

Jeep Captains Photologue continues....

After Morning tea we decided to goto the river.

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_5999.jpg

Look at the Board " Come to Learn"

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_5998.jpg

Took the Bolero to the river.

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6005.jpg

Time for a Photo session - First Chance was for VB.

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6006.jpg

Yours Truly JC

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6007.jpg

JP was more than excited to be there.

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6009.jpg

It wasnt water. It was melted snow and the temperature would have been very close to freezing point.

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6012.jpg

Chief and Lalu looking for some nice angles on the riverside.

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-lau-hvk.jpg

After the phot session, looking at the river, I was having some crazy ideas in my mind

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6017.jpg
JeepCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2011, 04:36   #278
BHPian

The Previous day when I saw the river itself I had made some plans.

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-river.jpg

One and Only Chief HVK

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-hvk.jpg

When we were near the river and after the photo shoot, before anyone could notice, I executed my crazy plan.

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_7847.jpg

Of jumping into the freezing river

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_7848.jpg

It was freezing and I could feel the chill through my flesh to the bone marrows.

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_7851.jpg

Water was so cold, I felt like thousands of pins pricking you at the same time.

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_7852.jpg

But It was fun.

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_7853.jpg

Everyone who has packed up their cameras ran to the vehicles and started clicking again.

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_7855.jpg

Finally a bikini shot.

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_7857.jpg

Thanks to my bro NJ for clicking these amazing shots.

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-river1.jpg

Last edited by JeepCaptain : 4th October 2011 at 04:41.
JeepCaptain is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2011, 05:14   #279
BHPian

After the Photoshoot and dip in the river we decided to return to hotel. Turning around the Bolero in the middle of rocks and slush was little tricky.

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6018.jpg

Look at that big rock. I went and banged it accidentaly and rear aluminium footboard was bent. First damage during this trip.

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6020.jpg

The school and the board was so inviting, couldn't resist to go there.

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6021.jpg

Thats JP & baby Alto (no_enthu_da)

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6024.jpg

VB, Justin , Glenn were together in HVK's Leh 2009 trip too.

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6026.jpg

Some Bolero Talks.

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6028.jpg

After bidding goodbye to Glenn, Saji & Justin who were proceeding to Bangalore, we started from Chitkul.

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6034.jpg

I just stopped to have a final look on the LR Defender before we leave Chitkul.

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6035.jpg

The floral carpet was too good to miss. But we had to leave early to reach Reckong Peo asap to pick up TS. Who has been waiting there for 3 days.

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6044.jpg

Finally we bid goodbye to Chitkul for the time being with a promise to come back soon.

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6047.jpg

Last edited by JeepCaptain : 4th October 2011 at 05:22.
Old 4th October 2011, 05:30   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
It is favoured not just by the sadhus but locals too. The plant is a native of the region's foliage and grows on its own. There are certain places in Himachal which are a favourite with backpackers due to the easy availability of the same at rock bottom pricing. The difference lies in the form in which these substances are used. While the locals use it more for its medicinal properties the caucasians have turned it all in to illegal business.
Heard that there is a place called Malana in Himachal where the whole community depends on the pot business and everybody smokes up there. Not sure of the info though. But I guess there must be many places like that in the Himalayas. IMO, it adds to the mystery of the place.

Also, it is mostly Sadhus following Lord Shiva regularly smoke pot as Lord Shiva himself is depicted in scriptures as a regular smoker of pot.
I am sorry if my above sentence offended anyone but it is just information from texts.

@mods: Please delete if inappropriate
himavanth_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2011, 05:38   #281
BHPian

After leaving Chitkul. We did a nonstop drive to Reckong Peo via Karcham & Powary. See the pics

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6053.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6054.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6056.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6057.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6069.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6071.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6073.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6076.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6078.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6088.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6091.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6093.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6094.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6097.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6101.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6106.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6108.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6112.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6114.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6117.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6123.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6130.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6131.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6132.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6133.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6137.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6138.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6139.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6140.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6146.jpg
JeepCaptain is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2011, 05:53   #282
BHPian

Jeep Captains Photologue continues.....

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6148.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6151.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6157.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6158.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6165.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6166.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6167.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6169.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6173.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6179.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6181.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6183.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6186.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6187.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6190.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6193.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6197.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6198.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6200.jpg

Distance Marker on the Indo -Tibet Road.

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6201.jpg

Other side of the Distance Marker.

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6202.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6203.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6206.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6207.jpg

From Powari we left the highway and started climbing towards Peo.

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6209.jpg

Once we go and pick up TS we were suppose to return back to Powari Petrol Pump and wait for the team.

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6210.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6216.jpg

From Powary we gave a lift for a GREF Engineer.

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6217.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6221.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6222.jpg
Old 4th October 2011, 06:10   #283
BHPian

We reached Peo at 10.00 AM and TS was getting already worried since we were late by one hour. Lukily we had a contact in Peo and we informed him over the phone about our delay which he communicated to TS.

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6233.jpg

Finally we met TS. One and only Polish from the 28 member Indo Polish Himalayan Expedution. He is the main reason for this IPHE 2011. And he call himself "The Provacator" for IPHE. At Peo when we meet him we got too excited so that we forgot to click any pics. This pic was taken few hours later.

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-tadek.jpg

After meeting TS, we called up the Chief HVK and he said they have reached Powari and they are proceeding to Kalpa and asked us to join them in Kalpa.

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6237.jpg

The road to Kalpa was full or Apple, Apricot and Walnut farms.

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6238.jpg

We were hoping to get a good view of the Kinner Kailash mountain.But the overcast totally disappointed us.

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6242.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6243.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6248.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6250.jpg

I was told this is unripe Walnuts. I was seeing them for the first time.

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6251.jpg

A Resort in Kalpa.
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6252.jpg

Some fresh and ripe Apricots.

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6253.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6254.jpg

This time NJ wanted to click some close up pics with Apple trees.

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6256.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6257.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6260.jpg

We finally met the team again in Kinner Kailash Resort in Kalpa

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6261.jpg

Beautiful Architecture of Kinner Kailash Resort.

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6262.jpg

Last edited by JeepCaptain : 4th October 2011 at 06:18.
JeepCaptain is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2011, 06:27   #284
BHPian

AUG-15
Chitkul->Reckong Peo->Kalpa->Pooh

After a very good lunch at Kinner Kailash we proceeded to Pooh.

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6266.jpg

We saw this debris of an old crash on the way. Couldnt believe its a Bolero.
HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6263.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6274.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6276.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6282.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6285.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6295.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6301.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6304.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6315.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6318.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6324.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6326.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6334.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6338.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6346.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6348.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6350.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6353.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6354.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6360.jpg

Thats Baby Alto ( No_enthu_da) & NJ

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6370.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6371.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6375.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6376.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6382.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6386.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6387.jpg

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6391.jpg

By sundown we reached Pooh.

HumbLeh'd II (Indo Polish Himalayan Expedition to Ladakh & Himachal Pradesh)-img_6392.jpg

Last edited by JeepCaptain : 4th October 2011 at 06:30.
Old 4th October 2011, 08:19   #285
Senior - BHPian

Shibu,

A very well done coverage of people, roads, terrain, life, landscapes and events in photographs. A comprehensive coverage.

The off roader in you could not be contained at that stream and you had to go in? Well I am not surprised.

Looking forward to more.
Regards,
fazalaliadil is offline   Reply With Quote