Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2013, 15:35   #61
BHPian
 
dhanushmenon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: KL-2/KL-7/AP-31
Posts: 856
Thanked: 2,339 Times
Default Re: Andaman Islands: A trip to cherish forever

Very nice travelogue Arya and amazing clicks.
You have a very nice penchant for photography.

Your snaps and the writeup reminded me of the times I spent in Andamans. Really miss those days now.
Looks like, I will have to visit Andamans again for refreshing my memory
dhanushmenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2014, 12:54   #62
BHPian
 
Anandg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 293
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: Andaman Islands: A trip to cherish forever

Thanks Arya,
Looks like you spent a month on visiting so many places !!!
I am planning to for 5 days from 24th to 30th of Dec 2014. So essentially 5 days. Can you help me plan my itenarary from bangalore and return so that i can visit the best places and do book now?
Anandg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2014, 17:38   #63
Distinguished - BHPian
 
mpksuhas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: KA03/KL11
Posts: 2,722
Thanked: 3,309 Times
Default Re: Andaman Islands: A trip to cherish forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anandg View Post
I am planning to for 5 days from 24th to 30th of Dec 2014. So essentially 5 days.
Anand, do note that 2 days will be lost in any Andaman trip since flights reach / depart around noon. However that said, did you check out any flight / stay options? Since the days you have mentioned are vacation time for most and only couple of weeks from now tickets and rooms will be either not available or too expensive.

Also, a travel tip. From Bangalore, take an overnight train to Chennai and catch next days flight to Port Blair. This works out cheaper and anyway is the same flight with a stopover if you book from Bangalore.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2015, 15:33   #64
Senior - BHPian
 
rajshenoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1,851
Thanked: 633 Times
Infractions: 0/2 (10)
Default Re: Andaman Islands: A trip to cherish forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Anand, do note that 2 days will be lost in any Andaman trip since flights reach / depart around noon. However that said, did you check out any flight / stay options? Since the days you have mentioned are vacation time for most and only couple of weeks from now tickets and rooms will be either not available or too expensive.

Also, a travel tip. From Bangalore, take an overnight train to Chennai and catch next days flight to Port Blair. This works out cheaper and anyway is the same flight with a stopover if you book from Bangalore.

I am planning Andamans in April ( from Bangalore) and wondering how i can make it convenient for old parents/kids especially bangalore to chennai.

Air India flight leaves from Chennai at 5 AM !! So wondering how i can spend minimal time waiting( Do i really need to book a hotel in Chennai ?)

Does Chennai Airport provide long term car parking for 4-5 days ? In that case, i can drive to chennai, park the car peacefully and take the flight. And once i get down, drive back to bangalore.
rajshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2015, 21:42   #65
Distinguished - BHPian
 
mpksuhas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: KA03/KL11
Posts: 2,722
Thanked: 3,309 Times
Default Re: Andaman Islands: A trip to cherish forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Air India flight leaves from Chennai at 5 AM !! So wondering how i can spend minimal time waiting( Do i really need to book a hotel in Chennai ?)
With 05.00 AM flight you may have to plan an overnight half in Chennai, however instead of spending on hotel you can plan for later flight (even if slightly expensive). I guess there is a GoAir at 08.00 AM from Chennai, you can catch overnight train and reach airport in time for this.

The other option was Spicejet, however that service is cancelled I guess.

Driving down is also a good option, I am not sure about long term parking rates in Chennai airport but I guess it is around Rs. 700 / day. However I have not seen a separate parking lot for long term, hence would be bit concerned about leaving the car for longer time.
mpksuhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2015, 01:14   #66
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 248
Thanked: 117 Times
Default Re: Andaman Islands: A trip to cherish forever

As Suhas mentions, best would be to stay overnight in Chennai for the early morning flight. Choose a hotel close to the airport.

If you can book a later flight, then the overnight mail train is a good option. And the local train from Park to Tirusulam is the fastest and cheapest mode of travel to the airport. But again, with old parents taxi maybe best.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Anandg View Post
Thanks Arya,
Looks like you spent a month on visiting so many places !!!
I am planning to for 5 days from 24th to 30th of Dec 2014. So essentially 5 days. Can you help me plan my itenarary from bangalore and return so that i can visit the best places and do book now?
Anand, apologies for missing out your query. Logged in after quite a while.
Hope you had a great time.
Do post your travelogue with updated information. My travelogue must be dated by now.

Last edited by aryasanyal : 15th January 2015 at 01:19.
aryasanyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2015, 01:18   #67
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 248
Thanked: 117 Times
Default Re: Andaman Islands: A trip to cherish forever

Mods - please delete this post. I put it in by mistake.
Thanks!

Last edited by aryasanyal : 15th January 2015 at 01:21.
aryasanyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2015, 13:03   #68
BHPian
 
Anandg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 293
Thanked: 15 Times
Default Re: Andaman Islands: A trip to cherish forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryasanyal View Post
As Suhas mentions, best would be to stay overnight in Chennai for the early morning flight. Choose a hotel close to the airport.

If you can book a later flight, then the overnight mail train is a good option. And the local train from Park to Tirusulam is the fastest and cheapest mode of travel to the airport. But again, with old parents taxi maybe best.




Anand, apologies for missing out your query. Logged in after quite a while.
Hope you had a great time.
Do post your travelogue with updated information. My travelogue must be dated by now.
Hello aryasanyal
I could not make it to andamans due to "all booked out". However I did drive all the way to Goa in my swift and had a good time on great roads.
Anandg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
...and a Man went to Andaman! Holiday in the Andaman Islands naveendagar Travelogues 28 5th October 2017 11:29
Photologue: Andaman & Nicobar Islands. Paradise on Earth! mobike008 Travelogues 24 24th March 2014 20:06
Three Friends & A Trip to ISLANDS raghu230506 Travelogues 63 1st July 2011 16:00
Trip to Chennai, Pichawaram and the A&N islands. wanderernomad Travelogues 11 25th March 2011 11:05
A Week's Leave and A Weekend to Cherish! Bangalore-Ooty-Bangalore! Zenster Travelogues 14 29th December 2008 07:47


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:15.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks