Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 8th February 2012, 16:46   #91
BHPian

Default Re: Mumbai - Hisar - Patiala in my Swift Dzire

Hi WomanonWheels; Kudos to you for undertaking these long trips, and double Kudos for taking the baby along.

As a mother to 3 kids - a soon to be lawyer and 2 teenagers, I know how much preparation goes into these trips. But my kids have fond memories of these trips and they cherish those memories immensely.

But then that is what life is all about - good cars, good adventures and good memories and some very normal mundane events thrown in between for a good measure.

Keep the travelogues coming.

Cheers
Sugeeta
Sugeeta is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2012, 16:06   #92
BHPian

Hello All,

I completed my trip from Punjab to Patiala and reached on Saturday. I also took two short trips while I was there. So will start working on the travelogue. Here is what is going to come:-

Patiala - Amritsar
Patiala - Vrindavan - Mathura - Gurgaon
Gurgaon - Mumbai
womanonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2012, 15:43   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by womanonwheels View Post
Hello All,

I completed my trip from Punjab to Patiala and reached on Saturday. I also took two short trips while I was there. So will start working on the travelogue. Here is what is going to come:-

Patiala - Amritsar
Gurgaon - Mumbai
Hello Womanonwheels,

Good to know that you are back home & also very delighted to know that you have completed your trip safely.

Hope your kid kept well during the entire trip.

We are waiting for your detailed travelogue on your trip (marathon trip)

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2012, 20:20   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Hello All,

Patiala - Amritsar
Gurgaon - Mumbai
Hats off to you!

Read the entire thread in one go and believe it or not, I still have goose bumps! How and where do get all this courage from???

Did you drive back with your kid to Mumbai?

I have only travelled with my year old kid twice. Once to Surat and once around for the Ashtvinayak. But guess I should start planning more such outings now!

Thanks for sharing!
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2012, 14:25   #95
BHPian

@ObsessedByFIAT - Thanks for your kind words. I guess the courage comes from a lot of support I get from this forum :-) Yes - baby was with me for the entire trip. Still settling down after vactaion. Will try to post a travelogue soon.
Old 15th March 2012, 22:45   #96
BHPian

Quote:
@ObsessedByFIAT - Thanks for your kind words. I guess the courage comes from a lot of support I get from this forum :-) Yes - baby was with me for the entire trip. Still settling down after vactaion. Will try to post a travelogue soon.
That's nice! Waiting for the log!

Also wanted to add that even your husband deserves a 5-star for handling Ethan all the while on trip! I cannot even think of handling my son for half an hour!

Kudos to the entire family for pulling off the entire drive safely!
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 15:23   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Womanonwheels,

Hope you are doing good.

Were are wating for your Travelogue on your return journey from Patiala to Mumbai & the other places you visited in between.

Seems you are pretty tied with work & Ethan.

Please do spare some time & write a Travelogue on your successful return trip to Mumbai in your Car.

Thanks,
Old 14th May 2012, 15:27   #98
BHPian

Hi Jignesh - yes, it has been very hectic with work and baby, Ironically I did another trip after this. Mumbai - Shirdi - Mahabaleshwar - Mumbai, so these are another 1000 kms that are awaiting a travelogue.. will try and do a photologue if not a detailed write up..
Old 14th May 2012, 18:14   #99
BHPian

Wow, do you know a famous historical charator "Zashiki Rani", this title will suit you very well with some modification "Modern Zahiki rani".

I daily check travelogues section (specially HVK's Leh thread ) but never saw this thread, today somehow title of thread clicked me, opened it and read completed till last post in one go. Belive me my view toward this subject was changing post by post.

All the thoughts by you, HVK, MX6, Parag are really helpful to grow and prepare a kid not only for travel but to enjoy the world. My father was grown up in very difficult time and that's why he was very carefull about me, in result I haven't traveled out of MH till 25.

That was old age their thinking and now its modern world with full of information and help within click and guidance like HVK, MX6 and Parag.

I have 2.5 month old baby boy and I am very excited and nervous as well for his preparation all the thoughts from this thread are brain storming for me.

Keep posting.

Thanks,
Vishal
Thar4x4 is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2012, 18:57   #100
BHPian

hi WoW,
i have been a late entry to this thread but it was a wonderful log with all its debate and counter arguments. It was like living your road trip.
thanks for sharing and continue to post more such trips.
regards
amit
dave7377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2012, 01:26   #101
BHPian

So, its Diwali time again and another Mumbai Patiala drive is being planned. Cherry on the cake will be some trips to places like Haridwar, Amritsar and Mathura Vrindavan. So opened the thread and will keep updating it as plan is taking shape. Anyone who can offer advice on:

Trusted fuel pumps on the way - preferably COCO
Best places to eat
Decent place to stay in Udaipur
Old 4th October 2012, 10:03   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Decent place to stay in Udaipur
Hello,

Regarding place to stay in Udaipur, I stayed at Jagat Niwas Palace in Lal Ghat at Udaipur. This hotel is located in very busy area of Udaipur, but the hotel in general & the view of the Pichola lake from terrace is worth visiting.

The hotel is basically a old generation Haveli & the rooms are very well done. I stayed there in January 2012 & the room tariff is approx Rs. 2000 per night per couple.

Link: http://www.jagatniwaspalace.com/

If you are looking for vegeterian food, Natraj Thali is one of the best in Udaupur.

Thanks,
Old 4th October 2012, 14:20   #103
BHPian

thanks Jignesh - where is this Natraj Thali place?
Old 4th October 2012, 16:00   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks Jignesh - where is this Natraj Thali place?
Hello,

Natraj Hotel is right in center of Udaipur. Once you reach Udaipur ask anyone & he will guide you. (http://www.tripadvisor.in/ShowUserRe...Rajasthan.html)

You can also have al look at Jaiwana Haveli (http://www.jaiwanahaveli.com/) as a stay option in Udaipur. I drove between Mumbai & Udaipur in one day in January 2012. The distance is approx 775 kms & we started at 5:15 from Malad & managed to Udaipur at 9 pm.

For Petrol Pumps on the route, probably H V Kumar's logs will be the best source.

Thanks,
Old 4th October 2012, 20:26   #105
BHPian

For halt at Udaipur, I would recommend the Rangniwas Palace Hotel. It is on City Palace Road, superb location, and what's more they have parking space inside their gates. Comfortable stay at reasonable rates. They also have a pool inside.
For Maruti service in Udaipur, Technoy Motors. They have a lovely workshop and they are more courteous and work better and cheaper than Mumbai masses.
gostel is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote