Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 1st February 2012, 00:46   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Maldives Ahoy... A Picturelogue !!!

Nice travelogue and photos. Enjoyed it. Maldives will certainly be in my future travel plans.
mr.sinha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2012, 01:18   #17
Senior - BHPian

Went thru the entire write up, i plan to make my HM trip to Maldives now awesome travelogue gogi paaji!!!
ramie2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2012, 02:51   #18
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for sharing the wonderful pics! Took you 2 months to complete and share with us? Seems your laid back mood from the trip lasted a li'l longer!
Dry Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2012, 03:37   #19
Senior - BHPian

Its nothing less than a paradise and your pics and narration doing full justice.
thanks for sharing.

Do indian passport holders need visa for maldives ??

thanks
simply_sunny001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2012, 08:50   #20
BHPian

Awesome Sir. Beautiful narration, nice pics. One of the best TLs I have read in recent times. Thoroughly enjoyed.

The last pic about home, is just amazing and is 100% true.

Thank You for this wonderful log.

Cheers,
Rajesh
2500cc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2012, 09:56   #21
Senior - BHPian

Great pics, location and narration. Maldives been a dream destination since a while. Can you please post cost break up and contact details if possible.
mpksuhas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2012, 11:02   #22
Senior - BHPian

Great Pics and nice write-up, we had also been to Maldives and stayed at the Kanuhura Resort in August 11 and was a truly heavenly experience. Your thread has inspired me to start up my travelogue as well, hope to do it soon!
Maverick5490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2012, 12:02   #23
Team-BHP Support

Great pics and rivetting narrative. The birthday barbecue is a novel idea and I am going to shamelessly steal it

Everyone I know who's done Maldives have come back raving. It was reported in the press some time ago that the entire country will sink in the course of time, which is a pity.
noopster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2012, 12:08   #24
BHPian

Amazing write and beautiful pictures... makes me feel like planning a trip to Maldives soon...
ArunV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2012, 12:18   #25
Senior - BHPian

Finally I too have reached back my home (read senses) after being lost in the Maldives with you. I now am convinced that a photologue is far more effective than a travelogue. Like being engrossed in a nice movie, felt travelling with you through all the places. This is because of the enormous number of snaps with nice little narration for each, more than the flair of writing.

Thanks for sharing with us the Maldivian experience.
thoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2012, 12:35   #26
Senior - BHPian

wow!!

Thanks for sharing this much awaited travelstory.
The pics of beautiful island and equally good narration prompted many here to plan the trip to Maldives.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2012, 12:51   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
We decided...

...Hope you guys enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed typing it. Bought back pleasant memories and a huge smile on my face.
Ciao!!
Hi Veerji, first of all thanks for sharing your enjoyable holiday with us.
It is so nicely started from mumbai and ends at mumbai,covering almost every moments.
You have not covered the legal parts like visa,airport taxes etc. Is it a staple visa issued on arrival?
All the snaps are good but I liked the last one about HOME SWEET HOME as best one amongst all..

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please avoid quoting an entire large post. It inconveniences our small screen & mobile readers.

Thanks.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 1st February 2012 at 18:11. Reason: See note in post :)
IQBAL VEERJI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2012, 18:12   #28
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Guys for appreciating the travelogue, rather photologue. Maldives should be on the radar of future holiday planners. I feel once in a while, one must take a holiday to Chill and be laid back. This is the place. You can go nowhere except your island, which is often so small that one day is all it takes to explore it. I feel when we go for a holiday to a certain place, even Goa, we dilute the holiday by hectic schedules to visit places to see, eat, shop and party. This is the first time ive had a completely serene holiday where it required some effort to even pas on the day. I never find time to sit and watch TV in the day time. I'll just say that every short period, one holiday should be a chilled out holiday at a destination like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Thanks for sharing the wonderful pics! Took you 2 months to complete and share with us? Seems your laid back mood from the trip lasted a li'l longer!
Im glad you like the pics. Just that my Laptop played truant at the same tie i was writing this photologue and then it took a few days to set things right. In that time, i had lost the stream of where i had left off. Sorry for the delay but its here now, complete and for all to see and read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
Its nothing less than a paradise and your pics and narration doing full justice.
thanks for sharing.
Do indian passport holders need visa for maldives ??
thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
Hi Veerji, first of all thanks for sharing your enjoyable holiday with us.
It is so nicely started from mumbai and ends at mumbai,covering almost every moments.
You have not covered the legal parts like visa,airport taxes etc. Is it a staple visa issued on arrival?
All the snaps are good but I liked the last one about HOME SWEET HOME as best one amongst all..
Thanks for the appreciative words.

Visa for the Maldives is on arrival for Indian Passport holders and is free. It takes just a few minutes for the entire process and is done in a friendly way, no looking at you suspiciously and no asking you too many questions. I guess it all also depends upon the immigration officer too.

Regarding the airport taxes, no airport taxes are levied on passengers upon embarkation at the airport. Attaching a linky which might be of help.

IATA - Maldives Customs, Currency & Airport Tax regulations details

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Great pics and rivetting narrative. The birthday barbecue is a novel idea and I am going to shamelessly steal it
Great Idea na? I thought so too and its so doable in any place. I tell you the wife/spouse will flip with the idea of doing this "something special"

Quote:
Everyone I know who's done Maldives have come back raving. It was reported in the press some time ago that the entire country will sink in the course of time, which is a pity.
Unfortunately yes. It is sinking. As i mentioned in my opening post, it is the world's most scattered country. Not there in one place like the others. When you travel to any resort, especially by sea plane, one can see how many sand banks and small islands are there in the sea. God knows how many will remain. The same fate is shared with Mauritius and that where i want to visit sometime in the future.
V-16 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2012, 11:14   #29
Senior - BHPian

Hello V-16,

Thank you for bringing to us best of Maldives. I read you your entire travelogue in one session. Your write-up is interesting & photos are briliant.

Yes even I am keeping Maldives on my radar to visit in future. It seems to be perfect holiday where one can just relax & do simply nothing (or everything he cannot do in his normal life).

Also can you please through some light on cost & expense part of the trip?

Thanks,
Jignesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2012, 11:58   #30
Senior - BHPian

Arrow Re: Maldives Ahoy... A Picturelogue !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
We.........

Bought back pleasant memories and a huge smile on my face......
Bought back memories for me too!! Did a business trip to Mali from Trivandrum in 1995 ( I think) 2 days, one of business and a day at a French resort, was not enough. Have been wanting to go back with family. Your T-log woke up that pang.

Thanks for sharing nice pictures and small details. The Food sounds inviting and so are the true blue sea pictures. Looks like just the place for a couple / family to chill out for a week.

--Ramky
======
ramkya1 is offline   Reply With Quote