Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 9th February 2012, 09:47   #16
BHPian

Default Re: Republic Day weekend trip: Chennai - Goa - Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
Thanks for sharing!

I am too planning a drive to Goa this May.
The details you have given will be useful to me.

Does this bamboo-hut has an Air-conditioner?
Since my drive will be in May, Goa will be hot and humid by then.
No manim, the huts here do not have air conditioners. Infact fans are also not present. They do provide table fans though. We did not need either the fan or the ac as when we went it became very cold at night (probably due to the proximity to the beach). Even I thought we would rue the absence of a fan/ac but I actually was relieved that it was not there in the end
arvind71181 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2012, 12:23   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
As the dates for the trip approached, there were the usual drop outs, citing various reasons. This made us drop one car and go on the trip with a single vehicle. So without further ado,presenting,
Good attempt Arvind. liked the pics and travelogue.Nicely written mate. I know you were referring to me by saying the usual drop outs. I missed it man.
I wish i was there along but then you know it.
aravind84 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2012, 17:43   #18

Nice Pictures, it brought back some memories. I was in GOA last week.

BTW, That aint Kingfisher Villa. As per the locals, it belongs to some Diamond Merchant from Mumbai.
madmax_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2012, 23:31   #19
BHPian

@arvind71181 - a very good, crisp travelogue. The resort is tempting I must say Thanks for sharing.
AvonA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2012, 00:07   #20
BHPian

Super Arvind. Nice writeup there. and lot of details with great pics. More than anything, the machine is menacing! Enjoy bro. Thanks for sharing. Will be useful if I make a trip.

Last edited by Sathya_sc : 10th February 2012 at 00:09. Reason: Typo..
Sathya_sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2012, 01:22   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice set of pics. as you said, all the happenings in Goa are on the Calengute / Baga beach side. The other side is usually for seeing the architecture of those ancient churches!
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2012, 08:21   #22
BHPian

Excellent pictures and a great write up. We also had a similar trip except that we left Chennai by 2:00 pm and reached Tumkur around 10:00 pm on 25th and stayed at Tumkur Club.

On our Journey from Tumkur to Goa, we did see a few cars with Teambhp stickers but most of them appeared to be going from Banglore as they had KA plates. We were on two BMW 320D's and the care just gobbled up the Kms.

We returned back to Chennai on Jan 29th. We had loads of fun and it was a great break from a hectic life in Chennai
Chillout is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2012, 08:31   #23
BHPian

Chennai <--> Goa toll amounts to 1200 Approximately. On our return we left Goa by 7:30 in the morning and reached Chennai by 11:50 pm which was 16.5 hrs with two 30 minute breaks ( breakfast at Sterling Karwar this is a beautiful property, dinner at A2B Krishnagiri) and three short breaks of 15 minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Day 5

This was the day when we were going to start back to Chennai. Started the day (again!!) by getting up a tad late and having a dip in the beach right next to the sea. Since it is right behind the resort and is in the southern part of Goa, there was absolutely no one save a couple of foreign tourists. Unlike
The rest of the journey was uneventful. Switched drivers again at Hosur and continued to drive to Chennai and reached Chennai at around 7 AM in the morning. It took us 19 hours to drive from Goa - Chennai with 2 45 min breaks for lunch and dinner and 1 hour break for fixing the tyre puncture. I dont know the exact amount which we spent on the tolls but have the receipts and can get the details if anyone requires it. The tolls stopped after Hubli though from what I remember and there were not tolls till Goa. Also, there are a couple of tolls which have just come up and they have not yet started charging for passing through.

This pretty much ends the travelogue. Hope you had as much fun reading it as I had writing it down and reliving the experience!!!
Chillout is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2012, 10:03   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax_84 View Post
Nice Pictures, it brought back some memories. I was in GOA last week.

BTW, That aint Kingfisher Villa. As per the locals, it belongs to some Diamond Merchant from Mumbai.
Thank you madmax. Diamond merchant?? Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonA7 View Post
@arvind71181 - a very good, crisp travelogue. The resort is tempting I must say Thanks for sharing.
Thank you. Yes it is a fantastic place to stay if you want to be secluded and cut off from the rest of Goa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
Super Arvind. Nice writeup there. and lot of details with great pics. More than anything, the machine is menacing! Enjoy bro. Thanks for sharing. Will be useful if I make a trip.
Thank you. Yes, it is a menacing machine but gets quite uncomfortable over bad roads/un marked speed breakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Nice set of pics. as you said, all the happenings in Goa are on the Calengute / Baga beach side. The other side is usually for seeing the architecture of those ancient churches!
Thank you. Yes, we found that out the hard way. We actually wanted to be on the happening side of Goa (first visit you see!!) but ended up in the tranquil part of Goa and had to shuttle a lot the 2 days that we were there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
Excellent pictures and a great write up. We also had a similar trip except that we left Chennai by 2:00 pm and reached Tumkur around 10:00 pm on 25th and stayed at Tumkur Club.

On our Journey from Tumkur to Goa, we did see a few cars with Teambhp stickers but most of them appeared to be going from Banglore as they had KA plates. We were on two BMW 320D's and the care just gobbled up the Kms.

We returned back to Chennai on Jan 29th. We had loads of fun and it was a great break from a hectic life in Chennai
Thank you. I also noticed a couple of team bhp cars heading in the opposite direction. Ours was a friend's car so it did not sport any team-bhp sticker. Two 320Ds? wow that must have been one wonderful drive
arvind71181 is offline   Reply With Quote