Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues

Old 31st May 2013, 11:58   #16
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: A beach at Kottayam! Not exactly, but close by.

Thoma - I was searching for Anthakaranazhi in google and I landed here . Nice shots there. Is Arthunkal beach and Anthakaranazhi the same?

We are planning a TBHP drive and meet this Sunday. Please check if you are able to join us.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...hi-cochin.html (Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin))
jacs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2013, 23:05   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
Thoma - I was searching for Anthakaranazhi in google and I landed here . Nice shots there. Is Arthunkal beach and Anthakaranazhi the same?

We are planning a TBHP drive and meet this Sunday. Please check if you are able to join us.
Hi jacs, I have been following the Cochin meet thread, but since I am engaged over the weekend, didn't even want to voice my opinion over there.

So here goes my personal opinion - I thought Team-BHPians loved some adventure and hence would have decided for Vagamon anyway. I take it that travelling with kids could be the deterring factor. If I were coming, I'd have definitely voted out of a beach in the rains, as I do not like getting my face drenched in salt water all day. But I guess you guys have solution for that too, by staying in a resort or a houseboat. Moreover, plane roads, the sea and the summer don't entice me as much as winding roads, the hills and the rain.

Anthakaranazhi is not the same as Arthunkal. It is nearby. But I doubt if there is any good resort/restaurant at Arthunkal? If you guys are planning Arthunkal, Thyckal Beach is very very near by, which is more pristine and crowd free. The pictures in this thread are more of the Thyckal Beach
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2013, 08:23   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...hi-cochin.html (Quick mini-meet(s) in Kochi (Cochin))
Jacs there aint any good resturants around both these places. Your best bet is to try the local chaaya kada. Also both these places aren't the same. Drive north from Anthakaaranazhi towards pallithode or chellanam and there are a few places you can explore. IIRC there is a good resort at chellanam. Maybe you can stop over for a quick bite.
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote